Uncharted 3 vs Mass Effect 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
There is something I find quite off about the Mass Effect games, it looks sorta bland and lacking a soul :P Anyway my money will be spent on Uncharted 3 because Im really looking forward to see what Drake gets up to next :D
hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

Probably Uncharted 3 since I always get tired of ME games midway through the main quest. Right now I prefer something short and explosive rather than long and repetitive. I'll end up getting both, however.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] They're not. All things considered, BioWare has been a MUCH more consistent studio in terms of quality than Naughty Dog has. Now that may change with EA's acquisition, but we'll see. They also make completely different kinds of games. It would be like comparing Bungie to Blizzard. You really can't do it.Deadbeatcobra

How so are they more consistent then Naughty Dog? Uncharted 2 was near flawless and received massive amounts of nearly every award there was. Mass Effect 2 was Bioware's best game and didn't get near the amount of recognition Uncharted 2 has.

mass effect 2 isnt their best.but one of their best

top 3 from the top of my head would be baldurs gate, knights of the old republic, never winter nights

naughty dog is good but no way are they better than bioware.

Naughty Dog is the better developer IMO, Bioware has made alot of great games but not as great as Uncharted 2.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#104 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

[QUOTE="Deadbeatcobra"]

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

How so are they more consistent then Naughty Dog? Uncharted 2 was near flawless and received massive amounts of nearly every award there was. Mass Effect 2 was Bioware's best game and didn't get near the amount of recognition Uncharted 2 has.

Blazerdt47

mass effect 2 isnt their best.but one of their best

top 3 from the top of my head would be baldurs gate, knights of the old republic, never winter nights

Naughty Dog is the better developer IMO, Bioware has made alot of great games but not as great as Uncharted 2.

ME 2 is already as great as UNcharted 2, if not better, and besides a couple of alright platforming series, ND has nothing left. Bioware on the other hand, has KOTOR, Jade Empire, BG 2, NWN Dragon Age, Mass Effect, the old republic and are always at the forefront of the industry.
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Blazerdt47

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

[QUOTE="Deadbeatcobra"] mass effect 2 isnt their best.but one of their best

Dead-Memories

ME 2 is already as great as UNcharted 2, if not better, and besides a couple of alright platforming series, ND has nothing left. Bioware on the other hand, has KOTOR, Jade Empire, BG 2, NWN Dragon Age, Mass Effect, the old republic and are always at the forefront of the industry.

ME2 is already as great as Uncharted 2??? Your mistaken greatly. Your opinion is in the minority.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Dead-Memories

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"][QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

Blazerdt47

ME2 is already as great as Uncharted 2??? Your mistaken greatly. Your opinion is in the minority.

i don't know what world you live in

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]the mass effect 3 trailer was REALLY cool and sheppard looks like an awesome character but havnt played mass effect yet (waiting for #2 to debut on the ps3) ill have to go with uncharted 3 (which i probably would have gone with anyways) that trailer was awesome...the narrative , the music , da Gr4fiixx , and the gameplay(sorta) near the end... man 2011 is going to probably be the best year in gaming...period..Blazerdt47

I don't know where everyone gets their knowledge from. What tree are some of you eating from? What makes the story in Mass Effect 3 that much better than Uncharted 3? First of all both games aren't even out, second of all Uncharted 2 had a better story and overall complete package much more than Mass Effect 2. Third, 2011 will be the greatest year in gaming period.

i never said the story in mass effect 2 was great. i just think the universe is intriguing and want to see what all the fuss is about... uncharted 2 is one of my favourite games this gen and 3 is looking just as awesome
shani_boy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 shani_boy101
Member since 2006 • 5423 Posts
They aren't even similar games, Mass Effect isn't even exclusive to any console, but Uncharted 3 definitely.
kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

Uncharted 3.

Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#110 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts
[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] No, what matters is how much effort developers put to make the game prime. GeneralShowzer

I don't....I don't even know. We are talking about Bioware? Pretty much the premier RPG developer in the video game world?

All i could think off when playing ME2 is how little effort went into this game. Especially in the enviromental layout and storytelling.

obvious troll is obvious. the game had excellent graphics "the stupid picture of the bad texture was a small mistake. there are barely any bad textures in the game. the dialogue was amazingly written and the story was expertly crafted to be controlled by the players action. the gameplay was excellent with all of the different biotic abilities and suck the bosses were cool as hell. the characters were great, especially joker. try actually playing the games instead of attacking and defending them as if your life depends on it.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#111 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14919 Posts
The Mass Effect games have far far far more relevant themes in their plot and characters than Uncharted does....its not even close. In fact didn't a PS3 editor at IGN call ME2 a better game than UC2?
The-Tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 The-Tree
Member since 2010 • 3315 Posts

I'm very excited for both, but I like ME3 first so I'm going to stick with my loyalties

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
I'll get both of them for sure, I'm giving the upper hand for U3 though.
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Dead-Memories
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"]The Mass Effect games have far far far more relevant themes in their plot and characters than Uncharted does....its not even close. In fact didn't a PS3 editor at IGN call ME2 a better game than UC2?

yeah bro to even compare ND to bioware is a great insult to the latter. i'm sure all of these haters will be singing a different tune when they actually PLAY the dang game on their PS3, instead of mindlessly bashing it.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#115 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

Yes. Bioware isn't known for consistency. Example look at Dragon Age 2, it looks like a downgrade from the first. Naughty Dog improves on after every game they make. Uncharted 3 will put hollywood to shame the same way Uncharted 2 did but to a more extensive degree. I don't think we have to argue on how Naughty Dog is a better developer than Bioware.

Blazerdt47

They're not. All things considered, BioWare has been a MUCH more consistent studio in terms of quality than Naughty Dog has. Now that may change with EA's acquisition, but we'll see. They also make completely different kinds of games. It would be like comparing Bungie to Blizzard. You really can't do it.

Last I checked, their Metacritic average was like... the same. As far as GOTY awards go, UC2 had MUCH less competition than ME2 does. UC2 didn't have to deal with StarCraft II, Halo: Reach, SMG2, Red Dead Redemption, etc, etc. Really, UC2's only competition was DA:O, and Demon's Souls. If UC2 had released alongside the games that ME2 has, it would have won a lot less GOTY awards. As for developer consistency, ND usually takes one or two iterations to get a franchise right. Look at the critical difference between UC1 and UC2 or the first couple Crash titles. Now look at BioWare's catalogue. Many of BioWare's games scored higher right out of the gate. They didn't need a sequel to make KOTOR a fantastic game. Naughty Dog did. And influence wise, nothing Naughty Dog has can touch Baldur's Gate 2.
max-Emadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 max-Emadness
Member since 2009 • 1781 Posts

Mass effect 3

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Dead-Memories
[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] They're not. All things considered, BioWare has been a MUCH more consistent studio in terms of quality than Naughty Dog has. Now that may change with EA's acquisition, but we'll see. They also make completely different kinds of games. It would be like comparing Bungie to Blizzard. You really can't do it.DarkLink77

Last I checked, their Metacritic average was like... the same. As far as GOTY awards go, UC2 had MUCH less competition than ME2 does. UC2 didn't have to deal with StarCraft II, Halo: Reach, SMG2, Red Dead Redemption, etc, etc. Really, UC2's only competition was DA:O, and Demon's Souls. If UC2 had released alongside the games that ME2 has, it would have won a lot less GOTY awards. As for developer consistency, ND usually takes one or two iterations to get a franchise right. Look at the critical difference between UC1 and UC2 or the first couple Crash titles. Now look at BioWare's catalogue. Many of BioWare's games scored higher right out of the gate. They didn't need a sequel to make KOTOR a fantastic game. Naughty Dog did. And influence wise, nothing Naughty Dog has can touch Baldur's Gate 2.

finally someone who knows their stuff
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

Time for this phenomenal space opera to end.8) ME3

NukePistols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 NukePistols
Member since 2009 • 612 Posts

I like Uncharted 3 more, but these two are undoubtedly the two best new series of the gen imo.

brennan7777
Those 2 and Gears of War in my opinion.
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
ME2 takes massive wet dumps all over UC2. ME2 kept me playing for multiple play throughs and added DLC for well over 100 hours. UC2 had a good quick SP that was over in 10 hours and a mediocre MP component. It's quite clear to me which game is better. I'm sure PS3 only owners will start to agree come January when they can actually play ME2.
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Dead-Memories
ME2 takes massive wet dumps all over UC2. ME2 kept me playing for multiple play throughs and added DLC for well over 100 hours. UC2 had a good quick SP that was over in 10 hours and a mediocre MP component. It's quite clear to me which game is better. I'm sure PS3 only owners will start to agree come January when they can actually play ME2. HoolaHoopMan
the only saving grace of UC 2 was the multiplayer and the amazing graphics, the campaign was easily forgettable.
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]ME2 takes massive wet dumps all over UC2. ME2 kept me playing for multiple play throughs and added DLC for well over 100 hours. UC2 had a good quick SP that was over in 10 hours and a mediocre MP component. It's quite clear to me which game is better. I'm sure PS3 only owners will start to agree come January when they can actually play ME2. Dead-Memories
the only saving grace of UC 2 was the multiplayer and the amazing graphics, the campaign was easily forgettable.

Opposite for me, I loved the SP, but it's just too short. I've been moving away from MP games lately, and I didn't find UC2's very engaging.
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Dead-Memories
[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"][QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]ME2 takes massive wet dumps all over UC2. ME2 kept me playing for multiple play throughs and added DLC for well over 100 hours. UC2 had a good quick SP that was over in 10 hours and a mediocre MP component. It's quite clear to me which game is better. I'm sure PS3 only owners will start to agree come January when they can actually play ME2. HoolaHoopMan

Opposite for me, I loved the SP, but it's just too short. I've been moving away from MP games lately, and I didn't find UC2's very engaging.

it was one of the better designed MP games this gen to be honest. i had quite a fun time with it, superb graphics, tight controls, smooth P2P and expertly designed maps. ND should focus more on the multiplayer next time around, it could be something special.
Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#124 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

I haven't played any of the Uncharteds (due to a lack of PS3) and probably never ever will. The Mass Effect games are fun to play through on the first go, but after that they just get mindnumbingly boring and tedious. Which is a horrible trait for any kind of RPG game.

I pick the Witcher 2.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts
The proper comparison would be ME3 vs The Witcher 2. and UC3 vs GeoW3
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#126 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Cant wait for both of them to come out, specially ME3.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I'm more excited for mass effect 3, I'll buy it for pc as I finished the last 2 on that platform. I loved Uncharted also, november next year is going to be a great time.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#128 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
both
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

its a waiste of time comparing games, the best thing is playing both, cause we all know both titles will be amazing..

TheOtherTheoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 TheOtherTheoG
Member since 2010 • 2287 Posts
Both will be amazing. Both will get metacritic scores of 96, making them the 2 best games of the year, with Deus Ex on 95 and Rage on 94 behind them. I will only buy Mass Effect 3 though, since I don't have a PS3. Screw exclusives...
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
Mass Effect 3. Absolutely no question.
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

Well it will be a win/win for PS3 owners but I'm biased so I will say U3 will take all honors next year.

dvalo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 dvalo9
Member since 2010 • 1301 Posts
Something tells me that uncharted 3 could be a sneaky contender for the next AAAAE game.
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

ME3 ftw!

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

Uncharted 3, its gonna be awarded GOTY 2011 everywhere. Mark my words.

Loco_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Loco_Live
Member since 2010 • 3147 Posts

▲ U3. Bioware games are always glitchy. Also, I'm pretty sure ME3 will get delayed. ▲

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#137 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

Well think about it like this.

The Cidatel in ME : A living world, populated by hundreds of NPC's, traders, a lot of quests, battles, a night club, and it all felt connected, there were no loading times, all levels felt connected, i know there were elevator waits, but it was part of the immersion. It really felt like a really big epic place.

The Cidatel in ME2 : Two corridors connected together. Game of the generation?

It's obvious what game was influenced by EA, Bioware saved money on all they possibly can, thus making their product feel cheap.

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#138 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts

Joke thread? ME3.

Grawse
no joke since UC3 is winning..
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22787 Posts

The uncharted trailor was a dissapointment and the ME3 trailer was insanely cool... Mass effect has always been, will always be and forever better than uncharted amen.

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Ratchet_Fan8

The uncharted trailor was a dissapointment and the ME3 trailer was insanely cool... Mass effect has always been, will always be and forever better than uncharted amen.

TheEroica
ME3 was another lame CGI trailer >_>
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

Ratchet_Fan8

Definitely not lame.

NIN1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 NIN1993
Member since 2010 • 80 Posts
[QUOTE="Sollet"]The proper comparison would be ME3 vs The Witcher 2. and UC3 vs GeoW3

wouldn't killzone 3 and Geow3 be better
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Mass Effect 3. It will be interesting to see what PS3 owners think after ME2 is released for PS3.
Ninten007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Ninten007
Member since 2005 • 3129 Posts

A win-win situation for PS3 owners. They will most likely get both.

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Ratchet_Fan8

[QUOTE="Ratchet_Fan8"][QUOTE="TheEroica"]

waltefmoney

Definitely not lame.

CGI is squat,it doesnt introduce anything but characters and story.Gameplay,worlds and new improvements are whats cool. I was very disappointed with Batman AA trailer ,i still havent seen a gameplay trailer from it :( Maybe ME3 will be a good game and someone would buy it for me for PS3,maybe i'd like it.But CGI trailers are pretty lame and i never get excited over them
SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

No competition people are saying? UC3 is slapping it around.

I will buy both, but if they came out the same day, id have to play UC3 first.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#147 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

No competition people are saying? UC3 is slapping it around.

I will buy both, but if they came out the same day, id have to play UC3 first.

SRTtoZ
UC3 will be the better game.
mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

I think it will have the same effect. Uncharted 3 will blow me away more than mass effect 3 during the first playthrough, but mass effect 3 will ultimately appeal more in the long run as the buzz dies down around uncharted. Happened with U2 vs Me2..suspect the same. I will enjoy both heavily early on though without doubt.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Blazerdt47

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"] ME 2 is already as great as UNcharted 2, if not better, and besides a couple of alright platforming series, ND has nothing left. Bioware on the other hand, has KOTOR, Jade Empire, BG 2, NWN Dragon Age, Mass Effect, the old republic and are always at the forefront of the industry. Dead-Memories

i don't know what world you live in

Funny how Uncharted 2 has almost twice as many reviews and loss mixed/negative reviews. I thought you were trying to prove me wrong?

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#150 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm looking forward to ME3 more, so I'll go with that one. Both should be amazing though. Very excited for both titles.