Uncharted 3 vs Mass Effect 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 0

#51 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

ME3. Want to play both games badly though!

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#52 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] No, what matters is how much effort developers put to make the game prime. R3FURBISHED

I don't....I don't even know. We are talking about Bioware? Pretty much the premier RPG developer in the video game world?

All i could think off when playing ME2 is how little effort went into this game. Especially in the enviromental layout and storytelling.
shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

[QUOTE="shinrabanshou"]

I don't think this works very well anymore as a catfight because they're both on PS3... :P

LegatoSkyheart

But dude, a PS3 Exclusive losing to a Multiplat? Wouldn't that make some kind of a storm?

Lacks impact imo.

I'm guess Gears 3 vs Uncharted 3 will be the main contender for threads in 2011.

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

Mass Effect 3 will be on PS3. So it won't matter. :P

Wasdie

This. I am so glad I got a PS3 on Black Friday.

Both are very good series with top notch developers but Mass Effect 2 took my soul. ME3 gets my vote.

King_Cow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 King_Cow
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="King_Cow"]I still haven't played any mass effect games so I'll probably buy mass effect 2 on the ps3 and mass effect 3 if it comes to the ps3LegatoSkyheart

If you have a 360 you can Download the Demo.

It's pretty good.

I don't have a 360 but hopefully they will release a demo for the ps3.
Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Avian005

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] No, what matters is how much effort developers put to make the game prime. GeneralShowzer

I don't....I don't even know. We are talking about Bioware? Pretty much the premier RPG developer in the video game world?

All i could think off when playing ME2 is how little effort went into this game. Especially in the enviromental layout and storytelling.

Explaing how ME2 felt like little effort was put into it. I doubt a game with little effort put into it would achieve a 96% average.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#57 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

[QUOTE="King_Cow"]I still haven't played any mass effect games so I'll probably buy mass effect 2 on the ps3 and mass effect 3 if it comes to the ps3King_Cow

If you have a 360 you can Download the Demo.

It's pretty good.

I don't have a 360 but hopefully they will release a demo for the ps3.

They might. It would be a wise thing to do.

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

UC3 but not by much.

NoirLamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59 NoirLamia
Member since 2010 • 801 Posts

I prefer Mass Effect, although they are both going to be amazing!

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#60 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts
[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] No, what matters is how much effort developers put to make the game prime. GeneralShowzer

That type of thinking represents an such unbelievably tiny percentage of thinking from the gaming populace who played Mass Effect 2. what does that mean? The game is just fine...its actually a hell of a lot better than just fine.
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#61 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

Avian005

Explaing how ME2 felt like little effort was put into it. I doubt a game with little effort put into it would achieve a 96% average.

he has no real basis for his claims. i wouldn't pay attention to him
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

Avian005

Ugly textures , levels are corridors, cities are corridors, no exploration, no big cities , no gameplay variety, removing every damn RPG aspect from the first game. I guess enough to get big scores is to put a colorfoul cast of characters and a shiny cutscene now and then. Brilliant! Who knew that that's what it takes to score on metacritic.
_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

the ps3 exclusive

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

Joke thread? I love Mass Effect 2 but c'mon by the looks of the trailer Uncharted 3 will be the better game. Uncharted 2 was better than Mass Effect 2. Naughty Dog will only outdo themselves even further. Bioware doesn't consistently improve their games one after the other.

lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts
uncharted ofcourse
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

just when i thought i was going to chill out in 2011, they bust these two out, dear god, i think my wallet just commited suicide:?:o

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Avian005

[QUOTE="Avian005"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] All i could think off when playing ME2 is how little effort went into this game. Especially in the enviromental layout and storytelling.GeneralShowzer

Ugly textures , levels are corridors, cities are corridors, no exploration, no big cities , no gameplay variety, removing every damn RPG aspect from the first game. I guess enough to get big scores is to put a colorfoul cast of characters and a shiny cutscene now and then. Brilliant! Who knew that that's what it takes to score on metacritic.

The textures aren't that bad, you explore in space and on different planets, explain gameplay variety, they didn't remove every RPG element, but they do need to bring some back and upgrade them. I do agree with you about some things, but those reason you posted were the reason it's not a perfect game.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="Avian005"]Explaing how ME2 felt like little effort was put into it. I doubt a game with little effort put into it would achieve a 96% average.

Avian005

The textures aren't that bad, you explore in space and on different planets, explain gameplay variety, they didn't remove every RPG element, but they do need to bring some back and upgrade them. I do agree with you about some things, but those reason you posted were the reason it's not a perfect game.

It's a perfect game now... Look I'm tired of this. Think what you like.
Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Avian005

[QUOTE="Avian005"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] Ugly textures , levels are corridors, cities are corridors, no exploration, no big cities , no gameplay variety, removing every damn RPG aspect from the first game. I guess enough to get big scores is to put a colorfoul cast of characters and a shiny cutscene now and then. Brilliant! Who knew that that's what it takes to score on metacritic.GeneralShowzer

It's a perfect game now... Look I'm tired of this. Think what you like.

I don't think, I know. :evil:

:P

wootasifwoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71 wootasifwoot
Member since 2005 • 318 Posts

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="Avian005"]Explaing how ME2 felt like little effort was put into it. I doubt a game with little effort put into it would achieve a 96% average.

Avian005

UC2 is f-ing amazing. One of the best games of all time so I have no doubt that U3 will be that much better. Just look at the leap from U to U2, a TRUE SEQUEL.

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

imho exclusives is the only thing that matter for the ps3, so uncharted3 all the way

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

Uncharted 3

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
the mass effect 3 trailer was REALLY cool and sheppard looks like an awesome character but havnt played mass effect yet (waiting for #2 to debut on the ps3) ill have to go with uncharted 3 (which i probably would have gone with anyways) that trailer was awesome...the narrative , the music , da Gr4fiixx , and the gameplay(sorta) near the end... man 2011 is going to probably be the best year in gaming...period..
walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 walkingdream
Member since 2009 • 4883 Posts
Mass Effect 3
Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Avian005

[QUOTE="Avian005"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] Ugly textures , levels are corridors, cities are corridors, no exploration, no big cities , no gameplay variety, removing every damn RPG aspect from the first game. I guess enough to get big scores is to put a colorfoul cast of characters and a shiny cutscene now and then. Brilliant! Who knew that that's what it takes to score on metacritic.wootasifwoot

UC2 is f-ing amazing. One of the best games of all time so I have no doubt that U3 will be that much better. Just look at the leap from U to U2, a TRUE SEQUEL.

Actually I've been playing both Uncharted games recently. I'm addicted to U2 at the moment, but the ME2 is a true sequel too. But even though I love the game to death, I really do, it was a mistake taking many for ME1's RPG elements out. Bioware needs to bring them back, and make them better to make ME3 the best game of the trilogy.

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#77 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
Uncharted 3 will be more polished but ME3 will probably be the better game.
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Blazerdt47

the mass effect 3 trailer was REALLY cool and sheppard looks like an awesome character but havnt played mass effect yet (waiting for #2 to debut on the ps3) ill have to go with uncharted 3 (which i probably would have gone with anyways) that trailer was awesome...the narrative , the music , da Gr4fiixx , and the gameplay(sorta) near the end... man 2011 is going to probably be the best year in gaming...period..campzor

I don't know where everyone gets their knowledge from. What tree are some of you eating from? What makes the story in Mass Effect 3 that much better than Uncharted 3? First of all both games aren't even out, second of all Uncharted 2 had a better story and overall complete package much more than Mass Effect 2. Third, 2011 will be the greatest year in gaming period.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#79 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

even if they somehow screw up uncharted 3 i'm sure it will be better thne mass effect 3

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="Avian005"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] All i could think off when playing ME2 is how little effort went into this game. Especially in the enviromental layout and storytelling.Avian005

There was no exploration just a mini-game. Mini-game =/= exploration. Exploration is like in ME you visit random planets in search of resources. Or Oblivion when you explore the world and run into random locations.

Gameplay variety or all classes felt the same. No different with an infiltrator or a soldier. Just shoot from cover like insane. In RPG's there is usually a stealth class, magic class, ME2 did not have this variety. Sure biotics had one or two powers but that's about it. Still majority of the game you are shooting from cover.

This is ultra quality on PC. The faces are ok, but every other texture looks horrible. This is not acceptable for a high budget MP game.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21702 Posts

Mass Effect 3. I want to *cough* "Finish the Fight."

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="campzor"]the mass effect 3 trailer was REALLY cool and sheppard looks like an awesome character but havnt played mass effect yet (waiting for #2 to debut on the ps3) ill have to go with uncharted 3 (which i probably would have gone with anyways) that trailer was awesome...the narrative , the music , da Gr4fiixx , and the gameplay(sorta) near the end... man 2011 is going to probably be the best year in gaming...period..Blazerdt47

I don't know where everyone gets their knowledge from. What tree are some of you eating from? What makes the story in Mass Effect 3 that much better than Uncharted 3? First of all both games aren't even out, second of all Uncharted 2 had a better story and overall complete package much more than Mass Effect 2. Third, 2011 will be the greatest year in gaming period.

This. Uncharted 2 had a better story than ME2. ME2 barely even had a story, just do random **** until suicide mission. And ME3 is not gonna be any different really. Majority of the game you will gather allies, just like DA:O. Bioware sure likes to recycle.
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 R3FURBISHED

There was no exploration just a mini-game. Mini-game =/= exploration. Exploration is like in ME you visit random planets in search of resources. Or Oblivion when you explore the world and run into random locations.

Gameplay variety or all classes felt the same. No different with an infiltrator or a soldier. Just shoot from cover like insane. In RPG's there is usually a stealth class, magic class, ME2 did not have this variety. Sure biotics had one or two powers but that's about it. Still majority of the game you are shooting from cover.

This is ultra quality on PC. The faces are ok, but every other texture looks horrible. This is not acceptable for a high budget MP game.

GeneralShowzer

First off -- When posting pictures of graphics you cann't cherry pick. What this means is that you cannot just post one picture that represents what you feel is correct. Having played the game you know damn well that there are plenty of fantastic faces in Mass Effect. Pick one of Grunt or Sheppard. Or I could just cherry pick and choose one that backs up my side of the argument.

Second off -- Just because an RPG doesn't do what you believe an RPG should do ("In RPG's there is usually a stealth class, magic class") doesn't mean that it is average, normal, under-realized, or another spin you want to put on it.

Mass Effect 2 did have exploration, I explored all over the place.

[spoiler] Discovering the Normandy crash site. Investigating distress calls. And others, its been a minute since I played so I forgotten things that I did. [/spoiler]

Mass Effect 2 is also the second game in a series. And from my experiences the second in a trilogy is usually the story tone setter. The rising action segment. One that sets the mood for the grand finale. The first being the the one that brings you into the universe and makes you want to stay. With the third being the climax the denouement. The one that leaves the grandest impression and the one that has the player reminiscing over all they have accomplished... or knowing Mass Effect 2 (choices that you can/cannot make) regret over what you did not do.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 GeneralShowzer

Just because it's the second game in the triology, it doesn't give the right for the story to suck, and send me on pointless and repetitive missions. UC2 was the second game and it kicked all kinds of ass .

Can you please name me any triology where nothing significant happened in the second film. I'm really curious. Any movie or game triology.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Blazerdt47

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

[QUOTE="campzor"]the mass effect 3 trailer was REALLY cool and sheppard looks like an awesome character but havnt played mass effect yet (waiting for #2 to debut on the ps3) ill have to go with uncharted 3 (which i probably would have gone with anyways) that trailer was awesome...the narrative , the music , da Gr4fiixx , and the gameplay(sorta) near the end... man 2011 is going to probably be the best year in gaming...period..GeneralShowzer

This. Uncharted 2 had a better story than ME2. ME2 barely even had a story, just do random **** until suicide mission. And ME3 is not gonna be any different really. Majority of the game you will gather allies, just like DA:O. Bioware sure likes to recycle.

Yes. Bioware isn't known for consistency. Example look at Dragon Age 2, it looks like a downgrade from the first. Naughty Dog improves on after every game they make. Uncharted 3 will put hollywood to shame the same way Uncharted 2 did but to a more extensive degree. I don't think we have to argue on how Naughty Dog is a better developer than Bioware.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

I'll take both, thx. :D

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Avian005

[QUOTE="Avian005"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] Ugly textures , levels are corridors, cities are corridors, no exploration, no big cities , no gameplay variety, removing every damn RPG aspect from the first game. I guess enough to get big scores is to put a colorfoul cast of characters and a shiny cutscene now and then. Brilliant! Who knew that that's what it takes to score on metacritic.GeneralShowzer

I see what you mean about some of the textures, but for the most part they are not terrbile, and it isn't fair when you increase the size of the shot (or zoom in). The gameplay variety is subjective, there are different abilities for each **** yes, you can shoot a gun but you still can be a biotic or tech expert. As for exploration, I would like a ME1 **** system back, but a lot better. Again, don't the the half-assed sequel you claim it is.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 R3FURBISHED

Just because it's the second game in the triology, it doesn't give the right for the story to suck, and send me on pointless and repetitive missions. UC2 was the second game and it kicked all kinds of ass .GeneralShowzer
Its your opinion that the story was bad. Its mine that its one of the most well told I have encountered. Its one that I actually felt good to be a part of, mainly because of how well the cast drew you into the fray. I felt my decisions carried weight -- mainly because they did mean something, I felt the weight of my decisions from the first game.

Kokuro_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Kokuro_Kun
Member since 2009 • 2339 Posts
Both will get 9.5 on Gamespot. FACT. I will love them both equally. Who knows lol.
Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Avian005

The story does not suck in ME2, it is continuing the story of Commander Shepard and the fight against the Reapers. It does not have it's own story, and it does not have an ending, it set us up for the next installment, just like how ME1 did. ME2 heavily focused more on the development of your squad, which is a plus in book. Another second installment in it's trilogy that focused heavily more on it's charaters was called The Empire Strikes Back. It didn't begin or end, but continued the story from the first movie, and set us up for the finale.

Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#92 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts
UC3. Mass Effect is an average series.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#93 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14919 Posts
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]

Just because it's the second game in the triology, it doesn't give the right for the story to suck, and send me on pointless and repetitive missions. UC2 was the second game and it kicked all kinds of ass .

Can you please name me any triology where nothing significant happened in the second film. I'm really curious. Any movie or game triology.

Ever though that Mass Effect 2's storyline lies with the journey's of Shepard's dirty dozen....its a CHARACTER PIECE!!!! Even in th elast mission, the lives of the characters are the biggest focus. The Empire Strikes Back didn't have much of a plot either....ooooooh big chase while Luke trains
Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

They'll both do well. Although I'm looking more forward to ME3, to be honest.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

Blazerdt47

Yes. Bioware isn't known for consistency. Example look at Dragon Age 2, it looks like a downgrade from the first. Naughty Dog improves on after every game they make. Uncharted 3 will put hollywood to shame the same way Uncharted 2 did but to a more extensive degree. I don't think we have to argue on how Naughty Dog is a better developer than Bioware.

They're not. All things considered, BioWare has been a MUCH more consistent studio in terms of quality than Naughty Dog has. Now that may change with EA's acquisition, but we'll see. They also make completely different kinds of games. It would be like comparing Bungie to Blizzard. You really can't do it.
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Blazerdt47

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] This. Uncharted 2 had a better story than ME2. ME2 barely even had a story, just do random **** until suicide mission. And ME3 is not gonna be any different really. Majority of the game you will gather allies, just like DA:O. Bioware sure likes to recycle.DarkLink77

They're not. All things considered, BioWare has been a MUCH more consistent studio in terms of quality than Naughty Dog has. Now that may change with EA's acquisition, but we'll see. They also make completely different kinds of games. It would be like comparing Bungie to Blizzard. You really can't do it.

How so are they more consistent then Naughty Dog? Uncharted 2 was near flawless and received massive amounts of nearly every award there was. Mass Effect 2 was Bioware's best game and didn't get near the amount of recognition Uncharted 2 has.

Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Blixxed
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts
I'm Mass Effect to the bones, but Uncharted 3 is going to be spectacular as well.
Deadbeatcobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Deadbeatcobra
Member since 2006 • 1913 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

Blazerdt47

How so are they more consistent then Naughty Dog? Uncharted 2 was near flawless and received massive amounts of nearly every award there was. Mass Effect 2 was Bioware's best game and didn't get near the amount of recognition Uncharted 2 has.

mass effect 2 isnt their best.but one of their best

top 3 from the top of my head would be baldurs gate, knights of the old republic, never winter nights

naughty dog is good but no way are they better than bioware.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#99 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
I don't have that authority. But I know which series I prefer, ME.
badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
PS3 gamer wins because we get both games