Uncharted 3 Hate (In retrospect)- Justified or Not?

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

So, I've played through Uncharted 3 twice now, and I must say, I don't find the game bad at all. I mean, I absolutely loved Uncharted 2, and I still think it's the best game in the series so far, but Uncharted 3 has been getting a lot of unwarranted hate.

People have been saying it's too linear. I agree, it is. It's more linear than Uncharted 2, and I definitely prefered UC2's approach, which balanced between cinematic action and gameplay perfectly. But UC3 provides a different kind of experience, that is just as engrossing. Some of the levels are simply mind blowing, like the convoy section, and the Chateu- they're levels that can put UC2 to shame. While I definitely want future Uncharted games to give us more control over what's going on, I didn't mind the cinematic and linear approach that UC3 had, because I still had a hell lot of fun with the game.

People are also saying the ending is disappointing. Yes, it is, kind of. But only because of the lack of a boss battle. I expected a big boss battle against Talbot, but other than that, the last sequence was mind blowing. The spectacle of the city sinking into the desert was spectacular, and it felt too much awe-striking. Though I do prefer Uncharted 2's ending and was a little disappointed in UC3 for having no boss battle, the latter's ending isn't as bad as it is being made out to be.

Sure, compared to UC2, 3 isn't very good- few games can stand up to something as awesome as Uncharted 2. But it's still a great game, and it definitely is not as bad as it is being made out to be. It's still an awesome game.

THIS IS ALL OBVIOUSLY JUST MY OPINION.

ArcFatalix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ArcFatalix
Member since 2010 • 135 Posts

Well it depends, really. Some of the hate is unjustified, sure, and that's mainly because people don't want Naughty Dog to do what they know best. I don't like linearity that much, but I really didn't mind it in games like Uncharted 2 mainly because there were so many amazing moments as you played along. It just stood out a lot in Uncharted 3, which made people question Naughty Dog's design choices.

Regarding the ending, well it seems as if it was rushed. Some characters just came and went and we didn't know much about their backstory. But it depends.

Uncharted 3 is a mixed bag; people either love it a lot or hate it. But I think Uncharted 2 was universally loved.

RandomWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RandomWinner
Member since 2010 • 3751 Posts

Its a good game. I was one of those people who LOVED Drake's Fortune, my 2007 GOTY. Uncharted 2 was better in every way. I did not expect to enjoy 3 more than I enjoyed 2, but I was hoping after one playthrough, I wouldn't prefer to play Uncharted 2 over 3. They could have released the same day and Uncharted 2 would still be the vastly better game. The multiplayer lost that simple charm in this iteration, the story drags with only one great reveal (which really was GREAT!), the shooting isn't as tight, the pacing is worse, the set pieces aren't as good, and it feels more linear. I can live with loosing control of Drake, but they take control from you a LOT and your always aware of it happening. Uncharted 2 is about 50 times greater than Uncharted 3. Hell I think I might like Drake's Fortune better to this day.

EDIT: I will say I'm happy that Naughty Dog was using half their team to bring us The Last of Us. I would stop thinking they were the best developers ever if they had all their manpower working on such a disappointment.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

uncharted 2 had over 100 people working on it, this got cut down to 90 for uncharted 3 as the team split to work on THE LAST OF US, either way uncharted 3 is a great game and is up their in my top 5 games of the year

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

UC3 is my favorite UC.It took a while for it to take off but when it does it's very enjoyable.
The game really started for me after you encounter that pirate fella.

UC3>UC1>UC2.Pour moi.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I was disappointed with Uncharted 3, but I never said I hated it. :|

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

If it's anything like UC2, then I'll love it. Don't care what anyone else thinks about it.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts
Uncharted 3 gets a lot of crap but I think its because people keep on comparing it to Uncharted 2 yet they always look over Uncharted 2's flaws. Uncharted 2 played it safe, and Naughty Dog took way more risks in Uncharted 3. I don't really prefer one over another but I do like certain things more than another.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Heil68  Online
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts
Its AAA 9.0 Editors Choice is totally justified.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
I was sort of let down by the story, the story was kinda lame and wierd. It was a great game, GS had it right with the 9.0 cuz it wasnt as great as U2 in the story department. IDK about the online, it has alot of neat and cool thing but its very unblance. U2 online was perfect even tho it was very limited (but I like that it was limited, U3 gives players to much options and makes it annoying)
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
Uncharted 3 is my favorite in the series and Uncharted 2 is my least favorite. There are some legitimate complaints I can understand (Plot Holes and Glitches) but I think some are stupid. Alot of people seem to want Uncharted 2.5 with the same reused over the top set pieces and such which to me were overdone. The story in Uncharted 3 besides the couple of plot holes was the best in the series and brings in a deeper meaning to the series. The gameplay was fine for me since I played on hard mode and didn't experience any A.I. issues. I also didn't have any problems with the shooting. I enjoyed the pacing and more mellow tone more then Uncharted 2 as well.
slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

I would have hated to have played the game after reading the hype found in this forum.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nengo_Flow

uncharted 2 had over 100 people working on it, this got cut down to 90 for uncharted 3 as the team split to work on THE LAST OF US, either way uncharted 3 is a great game and is up their in my top 5 games of the year

Chris_Williams

Yeah U3 felt kinda rushed and not as polished as U2. It was still great tho, people are starting to think that becuz some felt a little dissappointing that it means that the game sucked. It didnt sucked, yes it felt a bit short from U2 but still great. Yes its a 9.0/10 and thats the perfect score for it.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts
It's the worst game of the year. It's an abomination as far as video games go. They put more focus on cinematic approach than on gameplay.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
UC3 was a great game but the whole series is overrated
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nengo_Flow
Why post this thread on SW? you know lemms and sheeps are going to vote against it. Do you really think they are going to vote 'Havent Played it yet"?
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nengo_Flow
It's the worst game of the year. It's an abomination as far as video games go. They put more focus on cinematic approach than on gameplay. percech
who is going to take you seriously? You are like the new ProjectNatalFan, no one cares about you comments.
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts
[QUOTE="percech"]It's the worst game of the year. It's an abomination as far as video games go. They put more focus on cinematic approach than on gameplay. Nengo_Flow
who is going to take you seriously? You are like the new ProjectNatalFan, no one cares about you comments.

Clearly you're not against my opinions when I say something negative about the 360.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nengo_Flow
[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="percech"]It's the worst game of the year. It's an abomination as far as video games go. They put more focus on cinematic approach than on gameplay. percech

Clearly you're not against my opinions when I say something negative about the 360.

lol wut? The only thing you said was that Gears hate thread. go see wat I posted there
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

Not sure how anyone but a fanboy could argue against it being a great game, but that doesn't stop it from, at least in my eyes, having been a disappointment. UC2 was just better in my opinion. Uncharted had the better cinematic moments, but UC2 was the better game.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

If anything the game is overpraised. The hate seems justified to me, considering my short time with the demo was the worst gaming experience I have had in a LONG time.

God the game plays like utter crap...

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I think it's a great game but it has some really fundamental flaws in it's mechanics. It has some of my favorite characters this gen aside from the Mass Effect series.

It deserves the praise it gets (mostly) but I can clearly see why people are hating on it. I think it deserves a decent helping of both.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#23 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I prefer Uncharted 2, but Uncharted 3 is still a great game.

killa4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 killa4lyfe
Member since 2008 • 3849 Posts
It's a great game. As of now, in my top 3 games of the year. Taken in any order: - Portal 2 - Skyrim - Uncharted 3 I was expecting a bit more, but I was very happy with the game :)
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

If anything the game is overpraised. The hate seems justified to me, considering my short time with the demo was the worst gaming experience I have had in a LONG time.

LostProphetFLCL
You probably played the crappy version of the beta. Coz trust me, the single player is mind blowing.
eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts
it's not bad but it just couldnt live up to the 2nd. I think people knew that was to be expected.
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LostProphetFLCL

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

khoofia_pika

You probably played the crappy version of the beta. Coz trust me, the single player is mind blowing.

Maybe. It was at a demo station in Best Buy. I played the Chateu level and was seriously underwhelmed.

I don't exactly have acess to a PS3 of my own to rent the full game and see if that was just a bad demo, but I honestly don't have much interest anyways...

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LostProphetFLCL

I think it's a great game but it has some really fundamental flaws in it's mechanics. It has some of my favorite characters this gen aside from the Mass Effect series.

It deserves the praise it gets (mostly) but I can clearly see why people are hating on it. I think it deserves a decent helping of both.

heretrix

Yeah I think that is a pretty fundamental fact about pretty much every game.

All games have their issues and attention should be brought to those while they are there, even if the game is absolutely fantastic.

Balancing the praise and criticism seems to be hard though. Lots of games are either overpraised or overcriticized I feel.

It seems to me Uncharted gets away with alot of stuff that other games get absolutely reemed on.....

WTA2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#29 WTA2k5
Member since 2005 • 3999 Posts

Definitely justified. This game is a huge step back from Uncharted 2. There are tons of plot-holes, the aiming controls are extremely clunky, and the pacing is pretty terrible.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#30 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

I haven't played it yet, but chances are it's pretty much exactly what UC2 was, and that was amazing, so I think the hate is unjustified.

WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 WarTornRuston
Member since 2011 • 2712 Posts

I do not think it is as good as the second one but I actually like the villian and story better. I have not got to the ending yet but I am pretty sure it has to be better than Drakes Deception and the stupid "Run around the tree, collect and shoot" ending. That was lame.

TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TrapJak
Member since 2011 • 2933 Posts

The reason for the hate is mostly due to the fact that ND took many risks, trying to perform amazingly in all aspects, and being lackluster in some. Though some of the hate is justified, it doesn't stop people from calling it the greatest game of all time, even if UC2 was better.

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#33 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

I don't hate it and I think it is a good game; but I was very disappointed with it. I still think it's worth owning, but it's no where close to being worthy of GOTY, nor AAAE.

My my main complaints:

• The game felt too linear. Uncharted 2 wasn't much bigger, but there were slightly bigger areas in the game.
  • The entire secting with the pirates. It was long, boring, and entirely pointless. Nothing about that level effects the rest of the game in any way. The cruise ship was nice looking, but that's really it. It was a huge mistake to for ND to focus so much on that portion of the game.
  • Chloe, Cutter, Elena, and the villians all had short roles. I honestly don't see how anyone can say the two new villians were the best of the series. The other three characters had short roles in this too. I hated the fact Chloe and Cutter both called in quits half-way through the game, and it felt like Elena only had a cameo. There's that other guy later in the game too, but he felt unneeded.
  • The ending was anti-climatic. For two villians I didn't care about, they just died and I said, "meh". Climbing out of a collapsing city? Didn't that happen in Uncharted 2? Oh look, Nathan and Elena are getting back together...again.

Things I enjoyed:

• Learning how Nate met Sully. The game was made for the two, and that's where it shines.
  • Reading Nate's jornal. Always fun.
  • The start of the game/playing as young Nathan Drake.

In the end, the game felt half-assed in terms of gameplay, story, and character development, or tried to do too much. While the facials and lighting are both great, the rest of the game did not look graphically impressive, even for consoles (except for the desert. I loved the look of the desert). This felt like another game where reviewers were caught up in the hype, because it's no masterpiece in any way.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#34 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Uncharted 3 is my favorite in the series and Uncharted 2 is my least favorite. There are some legitimate complaints I can understand (Plot Holes and Glitches) but I think some are stupid. Alot of people seem to want Uncharted 2.5 with the same reused over the top set pieces and such which to me were overdone. The story in Uncharted 3 besides the couple of plot holes was the best in the series and brings in a deeper meaning to the series. The gameplay was fine for me since I played on hard mode and didn't experience any A.I. issues. I also didn't have any problems with the shooting. I enjoyed the pacing and more mellow tone more then Uncharted 2 as well. FlamesOfGrey

You really like Uncharted 1 better than 2? :?

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#35 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

It was a great game. I personally liked Uncharted 2 more (and thought it was a Near Perfect blend of Cinematics and Gameplay, while 3 felt a lot more leaned towards the former) but Uncharted 3's SP is Great Fun to go through. Never bothered with the MP though :P

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]Uncharted 3 is my favorite in the series and Uncharted 2 is my least favorite. There are some legitimate complaints I can understand (Plot Holes and Glitches) but I think some are stupid. Alot of people seem to want Uncharted 2.5 with the same reused over the top set pieces and such which to me were overdone. The story in Uncharted 3 besides the couple of plot holes was the best in the series and brings in a deeper meaning to the series. The gameplay was fine for me since I played on hard mode and didn't experience any A.I. issues. I also didn't have any problems with the shooting. I enjoyed the pacing and more mellow tone more then Uncharted 2 as well. GreySeal9

I sure do. I only beat Uncharted 2 once and beat the first Uncharted 3 times. Like I said Uncharted 2 was way too flashy and over the top with it's set pieces for me, I perfer the stories of 1 and 3 and the final boss fight in U2 was terrible. I also enjoyed the pacing more in the other games.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#37 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]Uncharted 3 is my favorite in the series and Uncharted 2 is my least favorite. There are some legitimate complaints I can understand (Plot Holes and Glitches) but I think some are stupid. Alot of people seem to want Uncharted 2.5 with the same reused over the top set pieces and such which to me were overdone. The story in Uncharted 3 besides the couple of plot holes was the best in the series and brings in a deeper meaning to the series. The gameplay was fine for me since I played on hard mode and didn't experience any A.I. issues. I also didn't have any problems with the shooting. I enjoyed the pacing and more mellow tone more then Uncharted 2 as well. FlamesOfGrey

I sure do. I only beat Uncharted 2 once and beat the first Uncharted 3 times. Like I said Uncharted 2 was way too flashy and over the top with it's set pieces for me, I perfer the stories of 1 and 3 and the final boss fight in U2 was terrible. I also enjoyed the pacing more in the other games.

Fair enough. It's just that you're the first person I've ever encountered that likes UC1 better.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

Fair enough. It's just that you're the first person I've ever encountered that likes UC1 better.

Yes, from what I've seen the majority likes Uncharted 2 the best and Uncharted 1 the least. That's fine but we all have our own opinions of course.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Nengo_Flow

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]Uncharted 3 is my favorite in the series and Uncharted 2 is my least favorite. There are some legitimate complaints I can understand (Plot Holes and Glitches) but I think some are stupid. Alot of people seem to want Uncharted 2.5 with the same reused over the top set pieces and such which to me were overdone. The story in Uncharted 3 besides the couple of plot holes was the best in the series and brings in a deeper meaning to the series. The gameplay was fine for me since I played on hard mode and didn't experience any A.I. issues. I also didn't have any problems with the shooting. I enjoyed the pacing and more mellow tone more then Uncharted 2 as well. FlamesOfGrey

ALL of the final bosses in Uncharted series are lame. But I think U2 was the better out of them, at least it was intense. U1 was just take cover and a mini QTE (and you are fighting a guy who wasnt even the main bad guy of the game), U3 was just fighting that guy with the lame melee combat as the city crumbled (didnt even feel like a final boss fight)

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]

ALL of the final bosses in Uncharted series are lame. But I think U2 was the better out of them, at least it was intense. U1 was just take cover and a mini QTE (and you are fighting a guy who wasnt even the main bad guy of the game), U3 was just fighting that guy with the lame melee combat as the city crumbled (didnt even feel like a final boss fight)

That's your opinion of course. I liked the ending boss fight in U1 which was more of an ending sequence of events then an actual boss fight. I hated the boss fight in U2. I enjoyed the boss fight in U3 because it reminded me of the sequence in U1 except more epic considering they were escaping while having to deal with Talbot. Different strokes for different folks.
actionjunkie10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 actionjunkie10
Member since 2011 • 739 Posts
If you ask me, Uncharted 3 did much better than it's past similar predecessors. Platforming? Check. Amazing gameplay? Check. Good character development? Check. Challenging puzzles? Check. Plus other features that "yesterdays" video games didn't have like amazing cinematic experience, amazing voice overs, and not to mention the graphics! It's everything plus what past video games didn't have. But seriously, if you dont have a PS3, get a PS3, and play some Uncharted 3(or Uncharted 2), two games every PS3 owner has to play. And if you have a PS3 and don't like Uncharted? Then that's like having a girlfriend and hating getting BJ's from her. It don't make a bit of sense. The Uncharted games have some of the most fluid gameplay I've experienced in all of my gaming years. Half of that is because the whole damn thing is so immersive. It's not a movie with gameplay tacked on. The gameplay IS the movie. That's what so fantastic about it.
actionjunkie10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 actionjunkie10
P.s. * Here's an old post(about this) that i posted a while back * Uncharted 3 is an improvement over Uncharted 2 in more ways then not. And even if you were disappointed with Uncharted 3, you have to be reasonable, there still is NO denyin that Uncharted 3 is a great game, and you should be able to give credit where credit is due, INSTEAD: Of nit picking just to nit pick, and then blowing what minor faults it does have WAY out of proportion like some people in this thread are doing or do do. I mean we can pick apart your favorite game even worse when applyng the same stupid nit picky standards that the TS, and some people in this thread, are applying to Uncharted. Let's just enjoy the game for what it is, and what it does do magnificently, and lets stop being negative douches. The fact of the matter is that Uncharted 3 still has significantly less flaws , and many more positives and gaming highs then a VAST majority of many other games out there. Anyway, To me Uncharted 3 is one of my all time favorite games ever, and lots of other people in the real world, and not on internet forums, would agree that its one of the best games this gen. Uncharted 3 is an amazing gaming experience , and personally... I'd absolutely recommend it over a vast majority of games out now. Any how, I think that the people that were disappointed with U3 had insane expectations , and that no matter what Uncharted 3 did, it wasnt going to live up to the insane expectations that some gamers had in their heads for it. It really did seem like some were expecting Uncharted 3 to cure cancer and bring with it world peace. And even if Uncharted 3 had cured aids , that still wouldn't have been enough for these self entitled whiney brats who have the audacity to call themselves gamers. And the other percentage of gamers that are thrashing the game, are just forum dwellers/lemmings/haters that have not even played the game, probably have never touched a PS3, and are just trying to stir the spot and or spite cows. And of course when the internet is involved, you get a lot of gamers complaining just for the sake of it. What I would say is, haters gonna hate...F'em! If you loved Uncharted 3 like many gamers in the real world have, then that's all that should matter to you. Just ignore the haters, sit back, chillax, and enjoy the ride of your life with the brilliance of Uncharted! This needs to be said again and again. Everybody say it with me: haters gonna hate, F'em!
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Uncharted 3 was very disappointing for me. The story didn't grip me at all, and certain gameplay mechanics felt much weaker then the 2nd game.

actionjunkie10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 actionjunkie10
P.s.s *another old post on the matter* Both Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 were great games, and great entries into an awesome series! And both deserve every bit of acclaim and accolades that they have each received. The truth is: That it is only a minority of gamers on the internet, that just happen to be the most vocal *sigh*, That are saying that its a let down and or a disappointment, and that it "sucks" ect. And that also has to do with unrealistic expectations. If you'd like to, please read my second post in this thread . And that also has to do with other things, that I've already went over as well. (The post may be long, but I do explain what I mean) But anyway, IF you were expecting an earth shattering experience, then you will be disappointed, just like you would be by expecting that from any other game, because NOT one single game this gen has been "earth shattering" BUT IF you come in with the expectations of playing a game, and having a good time, and nothing more, then you'll have a great and memroable fun experience with Uncharted 3 Uncharted 3 , as its own game, is a magnificent game(for what it does and did do magnificently)
zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#45 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

UC3 isn't as revolutionary as UC2 was and some people would argue that is enough reason to dislike the game. I disagree but everyone has their own opinions.

The game is a well made action-adventure game that focuses heavily on the story and the characters. Some people like that and some people don't.

actionjunkie10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 actionjunkie10
P.s.s.s lol Re: the poll I guarantee you , That a lot of lems and or haters- who haven't even played the game, let alone have a PS3, or going to say that "the forum hate is 'justified'" and or then vote that it was a disappointment as well, just out of fanboy spite, and or because of drinking the haterade! So this is nothing more then a little internet poll - not meant to, or be taken serious, either way. The critics and real world gamers alike have already spoken, and by all accounts - Uncharted 3 was a smashing (all around) success!
sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I enjoyed the game but also found it very monotonous, from the beggining your thrown into a fight and that's exactly how the game plays from then on. If you find the combat at the start boring then you might as well stop right there as the game throws that at you every 5 minutes. I didnt think that after finishing it I'd ever go back but a friend and I are trying to complete it on Crushing, and that is a lot of fun, add so much to the combat and the decision choices.

actionjunkie10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 actionjunkie10

A friend and I are trying to complete it on Crushing, and that is a lot of fun, add so much to the combat and the decision choices.

sailor232
I went back and beat it again, because the first time that I beat it, it was such a memorable and fun experience, and that it left such a strong impression on me, that I wanted to do it all over again lol. But everyone is different. To me , it seems ...like why people play Uncharted again - is kind of like - why people rewatch their favorite movies again, even though its the same movie, and nothing changes with a rewatch. Because it left such a strong impression, that they want to experience it again. Just my two cents.
Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#49 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
I liked Uncharted, I just think people are angry about the high scores its getting.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

GreySeal9

It's very underrated game. It's almost as good as nr 2 and MUCH better than nr 3 IMO