Uncharted 2 Thread (Keep it here) GS - 9.5, Metacritic - 96!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 FILIPINOMAZTER
Member since 2008 • 1627 Posts
they lowered uc1's score from 8.5 to 8.0???
bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#102 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

I don't think I ever understood the idea of an official thread. I mean isn't that for the official forum of the game which this site offers?

ujjval16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 ujjval16
Member since 2008 • 1669 Posts

To me, it's not about what I wish, it's about looking at the history of GAMESPOT, and guessing what GS will give score/review the game.

I think GS is going to give this game an 8.0-8.5, honestly. U2 getting an 8.5 would still be .5 better than Uncharted got, and I see that happening, easy.

Yeah, U2 has a lot of improvements, yeah it looks better than ever, but I don't think that will be enough. AA is still a great score.

I can see it now quite easily, U2 getting 8.5...still, I voted AAA 9.0, just for the fun of it.

When I saw what happened with HALO ODST's lowball hype thread of AA, I just don't think that's any fun.

Hyping can be about love for the game, but I like to look at the GS's History. Sure, there are surprises, but still...

Let's look at Sony's 1st Party Naughty Dog's History starting on PS2 WITH Gamespot :

• 8.8 Jak & Daxter
  • 9.1 Jak II
  • 8.6 Jak III
  • 7.9 Jak X
  • 8.0 Uncharted
  • 0.0 Uncharted 2

We can see that although GS likes ND's Efforts, GS really only loved Jak II.----------------

Now, Let's look at M$'s Ex-owned uber devs Bungie's History starting on Xbox WITH Gamespot :

• 9.7 HALO
  • 9.4HALO 2
  • 9.5 HALO 3
  • 9.0 HALO ODST

Wow, talk about consistancy! Those are Legendary games, and they deserve those legendary scores. It's BUNGIE, right? They rock! BUT, as you can see, GS loves Bungie too. My point is, all of SW had this information at their disposal when they decided to play with HALO ODST, and knowing the BUNGIE legacy, and Knowing GS's history, people played it safe, too many, and we saw AA Hype for a game that was AAA scored. Have some fun folks...that AA hype deserves some reverse ownage or something.

---------------

So, as you can see, Gamespot LOVES Bungie (and rightfully so), and more than they love Sony's 1st Party Naughty Dog. So, while U2 definitely looks like a killer game, based on OTHER sites/mags reviews, I still think GS will go AA (8.0-8.5) with this game. Most likely 8.5, a .5 improvement over Uncharted's 8.0.

STILL, I voted for AAA 9.0 for U2, because I may as well have fun with the SW HYPE META GAME.

That's my break down. :)

In the end, it doesn't matter what GS gives Uncharted 2, they could give it a "1", I'm still going to play it, since the first one was a great game. Just like many greats coming out like Zelda, God of War (GOW), Ratchet, MarioG2, Halo Reach, Metroid, GeoW3, RE6, you name it. Some franchises I've come to trust the developer.

-----------

LOL at the FANBOY's trying to fake hype AAAA for pwnage though.

SolidTy

Great post SolidTy, and I agree with. However, I do think this game is enough of an improvement to get AAA.

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

cant waitt, oct 13th :P

im should preorder it :P

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

To me, it's not about what I wish, it's about looking at the history of GAMESPOT, and guessing what GS will give score/review the game.

I think GS is going to give this game an 8.0-8.5, honestly. U2 getting an 8.5 would still be .5 better than Uncharted got, and I see that happening, easy.

Yeah, U2 has a lot of improvements, yeah it looks better than ever, but I don't think that will be enough. AA is still a great score.

I can see it now quite easily, U2 getting 8.5...still, I voted AAA 9.0, just for the fun of it.

When I saw what happened with HALO ODST's lowball hype thread of AA, I just don't think that's any fun.

Hyping can be about love for the game, but I like to look at the GS's History. Sure, there are surprises, but still...

Let's look at Sony's 1st Party Naughty Dog's History starting on PS2 WITH Gamespot :

• 8.8 Jak & Daxter
  • 9.1 Jak II
  • 8.6 Jak III
  • 7.9 Jak X
  • 8.0 Uncharted
  • 0.0 Uncharted 2

We can see that although GS likes ND's Efforts, GS really only loved Jak II.----------------

Now, Let's look at M$'s Ex-owned uber devs Bungie's History starting on Xbox WITH Gamespot :

• 9.7 HALO
  • 9.4HALO 2
  • 9.5 HALO 3
  • 9.0 HALO ODST

Wow, talk about consistancy! Those are Legendary games, and they deserve those legendary scores. It's BUNGIE, right? They rock! BUT, as you can see, GS loves Bungie too. My point is, all of SW had this information at their disposal when they decided to play with HALO ODST, and knowing the BUNGIE legacy, and Knowing GS's history, people played it safe, too many, and we saw AA Hype for a game that was AAA scored. Have some fun folks...that AA hype deserves some reverse ownage or something.

---------------

So, as you can see, Gamespot LOVES Bungie (and rightfully so), and more than they love Sony's 1st Party Naughty Dog. So, while U2 definitely looks like a killer game, based on OTHER sites/mags reviews, I still think GS will go AA (8.0-8.5) with this game. Most likely 8.5, a .5 improvement over Uncharted's 8.0.

STILL, I voted for AAA 9.0 for U2, because I may as well have fun with the SW HYPE META GAME.

In the end, it doesn't matter what GS gives Uncharted 2, they could give it a "1", I'm still going to play it, since the first one was a great game. Just like many greats coming out like Zelda, God of War (GOW), Ratchet, MarioG2, Halo Reach, Metroid, GeoW3, RE6, you name it. Some franchises I've come to trust the developer.

-----------

Zaibach

True story Ty, GS will molest this one like they did U1, shame,it looks like 10 times the game ODST will ever be. oh well

Yeah, they didn't measure up well against the critics on the last one, but it's all good.

I do wish that GS would have a SECOND OPINION, that would be awesome.

TheOldOlder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 TheOldOlder
Member since 2009 • 1212 Posts
If this game gets anything below 9.5 I will cry myself to sleep and cancel my account
jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 jakehouston88
Member since 2009 • 2848 Posts

9.5 - 10

:)

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

• 8.8 Jak & Daxter
  • 9.1 Jak II
  • 8.6 Jak III
  • 7.9 Jak X
  • 8.0 Uncharted
  • 0.0 Uncharted 2

• 9.7 HALO
  • 9.4HALO 2
  • 9.5 HALO 3
  • 9.0 HALO ODST

---------------

-----------

ujjval16

Great post SolidTy, and I agree with. However, I do think this game is enough of an improvement to get AAA.

I only played the Uncharted 2 Beta (both of them), but I can vouch was fun. I thought it was going to feel tacked on, but it's like a Platform shooter, which is very different.

I think the game will be an AAA game too, at various sites, but You think the game is going to get AAA at GS? I am not so confident, BUT I did vote AAA like you did, because, hey, it's all for fun.

It's not like we personally are making this game. :P

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

9.5. I think it has game of the year on lock at this point.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#110 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts
GS will molest this one like they did U1Zaibach
Uncharted deserved that 8.0 score. :?
Nidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Nidget
Member since 2009 • 1325 Posts
[QUOTE="Zaibach"]GS will molest this one like they did U1Stevo_the_gamer

Of course it didnt, everyone is biased against Sony. Damn, cows just cant get a break these days! .... :lol:
sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

they lowered uc1's score from 8.5 to 8.0???FILIPINOMAZTER

it was always 8.0

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

I agree. Also, you're sig made me lol really hard

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#114 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

The hell it did, I agree, if you get pass the amazing graphics which some people/cows didn't, you'll see it's flaws.

FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 FILIPINOMAZTER
Member since 2008 • 1627 Posts

[QUOTE="FILIPINOMAZTER"]they lowered uc1's score from 8.5 to 8.0???sikanderahmed

it was always 8.0

oh ok, i thought it was something higher coz uc1 has an average of 89
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#116 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Im guessing 9.0 or 9.5. I don't think it's going to get a 10. If it gets lower than a 9 though I will be surprised mostly because of what others are saying in their previews about how amazing the game is. I have a sinking feeling GS might give it a 9 just to have it equal with ODST.
laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

I don't know, normally I'd say AAA but after seeing the first couple of reviews and comments I wouldn't be surprise at AAAA. Plus if GTA4 and MGS4 can get a perfect score I don't see why this can't.

so ya I'm gonna take a chance and say AAAA

johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

anything less then 9.5 is flop

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 SolidTy

Im guessing 9.0 or 9.5. I don't think it's going to get a 10. If it gets lower than a 9 though I will be surprised mostly because of what others are saying in their previews about how amazing the game is. I have a sinking feeling GS might give it a 9 just to have it equal with ODST. Ace6301

Go check out Metacritic and Gamerankings, you'd be surprised how Uncharted 1 did then.

GS is allowed to have any opinion they want, but you can't base other sites reviews and GS's reviews, sometimes they are far off.

See :

1. Halo Wars
  2. Ratchet:Future
  3. Perfect Dark 0
  4. Uncharted

And many, many more.

Of course there will be discrepancies, but all I'm saying is use a different gauge/scale other than what you mentioned you are using to judge what U2 will score.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#120 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17458 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Zaibach"]GS will molest this one like they did U1mitu123

The hell it did, I agree, if you get pass the amazing graphics which some people/cows didn't, you'll see it's flaws.

i honestly dont think uncharted 1 had amazing graphics, and its my favorite PS3 game. I mean, by no means does it look bad, or is it a bad game, but the graphics are overhyped IMO. The only part i thought is worthy of the hype, is the last stretch of the game, and the jeep chase through the jungle. UC2 looks excellent though.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

johnnyblazed88
Yeah... no. If it gets a 9.0 -- that is, by no means, a flop. :|
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17458 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Zaibach"]GS will molest this one like they did U1mitu123

i honestly dont think uncharted 1 had amazing graphics, and its my favorite PS3 game. I mean, by no means does it look bad, or is it a bad game, but the graphics are overhyped IMO. The only part i thought is worthy of the hype, is the last stretch of the game, and the jeep chase through the jungle. UC2 looks excellent though.
johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

[QUOTE="johnnyblazed88"]

Stevo_the_gamer

Yeah... no. If it gets a 9.0 -- that is, by no means, a flop. :|

im speakin for myself

theres just been so much hype on here and even other developers are saying "best game ever!!"

a regular 9 would be kinda weak basically saying its no better then odst and resistance 2

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts
I don't see what all the hype is about besides the graphics. The shooting mechanics don't look that good IMO. 9.0 here.
nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Uncharted deserved that 8.0 score. :?navyguy21

sir francis drake pastel castle was godly

L30KinG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 L30KinG
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts

i getting this of i like the 1st one

jeffmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 jeffmonster
Member since 2003 • 511 Posts

I'm just hoping this game justifies my frivilous purchase of a second game console. Infamous & Killzone 2 are both very good, but up until this point my PS3 seems like a waste. MLB the show is pretty good too.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#129 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Zaibach"]GS will molest this one like they did U1Nidget

Of course it didnt, everyone is biased against Sony. Damn, cows just cant get a break these days! .... :lol:

Beleive want you want charmander I couldnt care less, but first ask yourelf why this high profile game didnt warrant a video review?

moving on, to everyone who shouting that the first uncharted wasnt perfect, of course it wasnt, no game is, but the reviewer didnt give credit where it was due and then marks it down for having too good A.I. Thats what really got to me, deducting points because the enemies were to realistic and didnt stand still so that you shoot them in the face.

And finally ask yourself why every other website gave 9s

Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Revolution316
Member since 2009 • 2877 Posts

how?..theaverage score is a 8.9. GS was way off. should of got a 8.5 at least. like i said if a site is way off from the average critic score then that review is flawed period. im hoping the guy that reviewed the first one isnt going to review this one. he should be fired

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Zaibach"]GS will molest this one like they did U1Revolution316

how?..theaverage score is a 8.9. GS was way off. should of got a 8.5 at least. like i said if a site is way off from the average critic score then that review is flawed period. im hoping the guy that reviewed the first one isnt going to review this one. he should be fired

9% off isn't "way off". It's still within the AA margin, and you say that Gamespot was off of the average -- yet still think the game deserves a score below that average? lol So much for that average being important, eh?

Edit: And you're hoping for the reviewer to get "fired" because you think the game deserved an 8.5 instead of 8? Really, now? :|

Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Revolution316
Member since 2009 • 2877 Posts

[QUOTE="Revolution316"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Uncharted deserved that 8.0 score. :?Stevo_the_gamer

9% off isn't "way off". It's still within the AA margin, and you say that Gamespot was off of the average -- yet still think the game deserves a score below that average? lol So much for that average being important, eh?

Edit: And you're hoping for the reviewer to get "fired" because you think the game deserved an 8.5 instead of 8? Really, now? :|

the reason i said it should of AT LEAST got a 8.5 is because of the .5 system. and .9 is "way off" .9 is alot

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

the reason i said it should of AT LEAST got a 8.5 is because of the .5 system. and .9 is "way off" .9 is alot

Revolution316

I would consider something like Grand Slam Tennis for the Wii and Critics Average difference to be way off; 6.0 from gamespot, 7.9 average. Something in which the difference is nearly 2 points. Nevertheless, in the end, this discussion is moot. I suspect even if it did get an 8.5, you'd still be complaining about it being "underrated".

siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 siddhu33
Member since 2008 • 3264 Posts

[QUOTE="Revolution316"]the reason i said it should of AT LEAST got a 8.5 is because of the .5 system. and .9 is "way off" .9 is alot

Stevo_the_gamer

I would consider something like Grand Slam Tennis for the Wii and Critics Average difference to be way off; 6.0 from gamespot, 7.9 average. Something in which the difference is nearly 2 points. Nevertheless, in the end, this discussion is moot. I suspect even if it did get an 8.5, you'd still be complaining about it being "underrated".

Any game for the PS3 that is not AAA is underrated. Any game for the 360 which gets AAA is overrated. You've been on this forum long enough, don't you know?

EDIT: Apart from Lair; even Cows know that game is shockingly bad.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

Okay sorry about the sticky switcheroo there...I didn't have the link for this but then the OP posted it in my much-less-cool sticky.

Discuss away!

3rdbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 3rdbass
Member since 2009 • 3301 Posts

Hey you got your wish TC. An official sticky. Great work for a game that is being mentioned in the same breath as GTA4.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

Now this is the real sticky.

Welcome aboard. :twisted:

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#138 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

that mod changed the sticky omg!

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
The beta is amazatastic :o Yes, that's a word.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
AWW WHAT ABOUT MAGIC KAT? *sheds tear for forgotten soldier of cute*
Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

AWW WHAT ABOUT MAGIC KAT? *sheds tear for forgotten soldier of cute*Jandurin

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

The beta is amazatastic :o Yes, that's a word.Floppy_Jim

Really? I haven't download it yet. :x

How is is it? Does it have an offline mission with AI like the RE5 demo has? Need to know this...

brennan7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 brennan7777
Member since 2005 • 3253 Posts

3 new vids on gametrailers.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
I was trying to post this in the other thread, but it got locked lol... --- [QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="urdead18"]

Wow.

10/10...from EUROGAMER?

That's crazy, didn't they give Killzone 2 like a 7 or 8?

Awesome score.

and MGS4 an 8 :P

Eurogamer gave KZ2 a 9. Edge gave it a 7 :evil:. I wonder what Edge will give U2?
Delsage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Delsage
Member since 2004 • 3355 Posts

Confirmed. 10/10 on 1Up.

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

Opsss, sorry i didn't notice a sticky :p so i repost here

Some heart of Europe exotic review

One of major Polish gaming sites Polygamia.pl made Uncharted 2 review giving 6/6 (remind that they useing Polish education system scoring that includes - and +, without 1- and 6+)

http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/1,95338,7091891,Recenzja__Uncharted_2__Among_Thieves.html

Pros:

-sound/gfx

-story

-gameplay

Cons:

-None

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#147 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
Bah, from the other thread. [QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="urdead18"]

Wow.

10/10...from EUROGAMER?

That's crazy, didn't they give Killzone 2 like a 7 or 8?

Awesome score.

and MGS4 an 8 :P

And gave Halo 3 a 10
Xalaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Xalaten
Member since 2006 • 965 Posts

Eurogamer review is up...it got a rare 10. From Eurorgamer.

GotY confirmed.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Review | PS3 | Eurogamer

smithster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#149 smithster118
Member since 2008 • 3910 Posts

This game is going to be amazing. I can totally see this getting a 9.5 AT LEAST on Gamespot.

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

if ign, gametrailers, eurogamer, giantbomb gives uncharted2 a perfect score or high score 9+ and gamespot is the only one that didnt that will show u how unreliable they can be. uncharted2 deserves a 10