Uncharted 2 Thread (Keep it here) GS - 9.5, Metacritic - 96!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3551 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
no more sticky lol still a great game...i play just one chapter a day
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3552 swamplord666
Member since 2007 • 1873 Posts

man talk about tearing myself from the screen... what an awesome game! it really raises the bar to what i expect from an action adventure game! as brad said on giantbomb "it seems they scrutinized every single part of the game and thought "how can we make this more awesome" ".

Also love the first time entering the village. It felt the most alive village i have ever seen in a game!

Also the easter eggs in the game make me chuckle every time!

can't wait till i get back to it! Although being in final year, it's not a good thing to be spending my time playing games and thinking about games :? got a dissertation to write :cry:

Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3553 Alpha-Male22
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts

Finished the game an hour ago.

Nathan Drake is the PS3's newest hero, until Kratos of course.

But my God, what a game. The dialogue is so freaking tight, I absolutely LOVE The chemistry between Nathan and Sully and Nathan and Elena.

The speech between Nate and Elena is perfectly crafted around the fact that they are two opposites; one is sweet and innocent, while the other is a theif and a bit of a shady character.

There were so many funny moments between these two guys.

I wish there was more Sully, but I've got to play UC1 for that.

Amazing ending, consistently exciting, I just couldn't put it down.

I want more, Im so hungry for some more Uncharted.

I was stunned by so many of the settings-- the mountains, the caves, the blue fires... such an awesome experience.

I can't believe that I'll have to wait another 2 years for another ND game.

Thank God for the awesome MP and the DLC--- I really do hope they make a "Lost Chapters" SP DLC, I would totally buy it.

Game of the Year. Naughty Dog is a Godly Developer.

Also, I notice that 90% of my friends are playing the SP over the MP, especially for the past 2 days. The first day, MP had about 7000 players, the next day 9000, today it has 12000. Looks like people are wrapping up the SP and moving to MP. It's interesting, I was always curious as to how people would play this game.

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3554 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

Just finished U2 on hard last night!!! What an epic journey that was, their wasn't one point I didn't enjoy. In a couple of days I'll play it on crushing I only found 39 treasures on my first play through.

2beers_in_hand

I only found 31.

Anyway, I finished it for the first time earlier, and I can honestly say that it's one of the best games I've ever played. It's just awesomeness from start to finish, and I was really, really disappointed when it was over, because I didn't want it to end.

The dialogue between the characters is fantastic throughout.

[spoiler] The stuff between Drake and Flynn on the path to Shambala is hilarious. "...A statue of your mom." "...Shoot my ears off." And the part at the end between Drake and Elena is really, really good. LOL @ clowns being a 10. [/spoiler]

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3555 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

[QUOTE="2beers_in_hand"]

Just finished U2 on hard last night!!! What an epic journey that was, their wasn't one point I didn't enjoy. In a couple of days I'll play it on crushing I only found 39 treasures on my first play through.

BZSIN

I only found 31.

Anyway, I finished it for the first time earlier, and I can honestly say that it's one of the best games I've ever played. It's just awesomeness from start to finish, and I was really, really disappointed when it was over, because I didn't want it to end.

Did anyone else feel bad that it was over? :cry: All that I know isbefore U3 comes out I'm going on lock down why earlier then I did this time around. So many freaking spoilers almost ruined the game. :evil: I think I will give it a rest for a couple of weeks before I do my crushing play through.

Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3556 Alpha-Male22
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts

[QUOTE="BZSIN"]

[QUOTE="2beers_in_hand"]

2beers_in_hand

I only found 31.

Did anyone else feel bad that it was over? :cry: All that I know isbefore U3 comes out I'm going on lock down why earlier then I did this time around. So many freaking spoilers almost ruined the game. :evil: I think I will give it a rest for a couple of weeks before I do my crushing play through.

Oh yea, Id like to give a big clenched fist to Gamespots video review.

Spoiled the game, but I really did enjoy it through and through. Theres not enough words for me to put together to describe how much fun I had with the story.

Anyways, I too didnt want it to be over but I could not believe how I wasnt able to put the controller down. This is the first real game I played this gen with a genuinely interesting story that I wanted to both complete and savor till UC3. MWs story was great, and I finished K2s story a little more slowly than CoD and UC2.

Im so happy I beat it because I enjoyed it, but Im so upset its over! I really do hope they add SP DLC, it would be really cool.

double_heist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3557 double_heist
Member since 2005 • 2402 Posts

For some strange reason, I'm kinda thinking that Uncharted 3 might be on Atlantis or the Lost Continent of Mu

[spoiler] Since UC1 and UC2 took El Dorado and Shambhala, which are some of the well-known mythical places [/spoiler]

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3558 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

elpresador weighs in on Uncharted 2 http://www.youtube.com/user/elpresador?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/0/XT6Ggyz69hI

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3559 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

elpresador weighs in on Uncharted 2 http://www.youtube.com/user/elpresador?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/0/XT6Ggyz69hI

Nike_Air
another perfect score 10/10 8)
NinjaMonky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3560 NinjaMonky
Member since 2004 • 2937 Posts

my two new purchases for today:D through sweat, and a major hangover, I trecked out of my apt 11 am drunk as a monkey with feelings of puke and unbrushed teeth, I traveled an hr and a half and finally I've got it. I did a victory whoowhoo when uncharted 2 landed in my hands. it actually made me feel a little better. now i'm home, taking a rest while my boy plays it in the other room. it's sooo tempting to go and look at it. anyway, just wanted to share:)

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3561 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

Giancar

Metacritic should add him.

gamerlifegrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3562 gamerlifegrace
Member since 2009 • 693 Posts
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

Metacritic should add him.

lol, that would be funny if they did
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3563 swamplord666

just finished it! GOTY for me :) my god what an experience.

I only wish i had restrained myself from looking at footage of the game in the last year but hey... lesson learned! and there were some good twists that i hadn't expected.

9.5-10 in my opinion.

NOTE: has anyone seen AHUGECAT? He's disappeared :lol:

shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3564 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

I only wish i had restrained myself from looking at footage of the game in the last year but hey... lesson learned! and there were some good twists that i hadn't expected.

9.5-10 in my opinion.

swamplord666

Hes probably playing it like the rest of us. You do know that guy isnt serious.

Anyway im on Chapter 17 now and il give my impressions once i finish the game which should be later today hopefully. Unlike the majority of people, ive got a few problems id like to discuss.

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3565 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts

9.5-10 in my opinion.

swamplord666
Same, i just completed it. Oh my god, what a campaign! GOTY, GOTG i dunno whatever, its freaking amazing.
tehpiecemaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3566 tehpiecemaker
Member since 2006 • 1665 Posts
Finished the game on hard earlier today. I liked the game just as much as MGS4, and that's saying something cos I'm a huge MGS fan. The cover system made some gunfights a little more annoying than they should've been, which is the only real gripe I have with the game. It's easily one of the best single player campaigns I've played. ND really outdid themselves in the visual department. The game outclasses anything that's been done on the PS3 before.
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3567 swamplord666

[QUOTE="swamplord666"]

9.5-10 in my opinion.

shutdown_202

Anyway im on Chapter 17 now and il give my impressions once i finish the game which should be later today hopefully. Unlike the majority of people, ive got a few problems id like to discuss.

yeah of course he's not serious :P I am just anticipating him saying "umm... well the combat... cover.... ummm... NO LOCAL COOP!! 3/10!!11!!1!"

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3568 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

its the best game ive played interms of story.

im on chapter 4 or 5 now, in nepal and its just sooo amazing. Best overall game i would have to say.And im taking it slow cz i dont want it to finish :P

3rdbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3569 3rdbass
Member since 2009 • 3301 Posts

its the best game ive played interms of story.

im on chapter 4 or 5 now, in nepal and its just sooo amazing. Best overall game i would have to say.And im taking it slow cz i dont want it to finish :P

Ribnarak

Man just wait as the action really picks up around ch. 6. I'm at chapter 23 and will probably finish the game tonight. I almost don't want to finish the game as I feel that I want this game to last forever. I will definitely be playing it again on hard something I never did with the first Uncharted. The story and gameplay is that great. I agree though the cover and sometimes since the game is so linear in sections it does create a lot of trial and error.Though I've only looked at youtube once to see how to get past a section and I actually was correct in what to do but for some reason I couldn't reach for this one piece of red wood in ch. 22. LOL. Still the story and pacing is top notch and the graphics are unbelievable. I still can't tell sometimes when the cut scenes end and the actual gameplay starts. All the graphics in the game are just that good.

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3570 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

lol im playing on hard right now, thats another way ill make the game last longer, the first time.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3571 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

What a gigantic thread. I don't want to read through it all but i will try to get an impression of the game.
I am thinking of picking it up but in the reviews it seems they all try hard to ignore some very serious issues with this game.
That makes it hard for me to decide whether this is a good game.

For example, the AI and the controls aren't perfect, it is more linear than tomb raider and the enemies come in obvious waves. However the reviews ignore all these factors and give the game abnormal scores.
So either the good things make You forget and forgive the bad things, or the reviews are bull.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3572 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I can tell you one thing. The scores are not bull/

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3573 KungfuKitten

Animal-Mother
Aw mom. Judging from these reactions the game is ok. So i will check it out :)
3rdbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3574 3rdbass
Member since 2009 • 3301 Posts

What a gigantic thread. I don't want to read through it all but i will try to get an impression of the game.
I am thinking of picking it up but in the reviews it seems they all try hard to ignore some very serious issues with this game.

For example, the AI and the controls aren't perfect, it is more linear than tomb raider and the enemies come in obvious waves. However the reviews ignore all these factors and give the game abnormal scores.
So either the good things make You forget and forgive the bad things, or the reviews are bull.

KungfuKitten

The enemies definitely aren't as bad as the first and besides some small control issues with cover the story, graphics(wow) and gameplay defintely make up for it. I wouldn't call it more linear than tomb raider either. About the same give and take. I had lots of trial and error issues with tomb raider also. I'm just glad the game doesn't get bogged down in puzzles like tomb raider as that would just slow it down too much. Trust me getting this game you will really appreciate how close it is to playing in a movie and and actually getting a chance to be part of it and not just watching it like MGS4. LOL. The production for this game is top notch and it should definitely be a buy for you. I mean unless you don't care for the MP and don't like playing video games SP more than once than I would rent. Either way you need to play the game it is just that epic of an adventure. GOTY for sure and a great seller that should rival MGS4 for PS3 sales as far as exclusive games.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3575 KungfuKitten

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

3rdbass

The enemies definitely aren't as bad as the first and besides some small control issues with cover the story, graphics(wow) and gameplay defintely make up for it. I wouldn't call it more linear than tomb raider either. About the same give and take. I had lots of trial and error issues with tomb raider also. I'm just glad the game doesn't get bogged down in puzzles like tomb raider as that would just slow it down too much. Trust me getting this game you will really appreciate how close it is to playing in a movie and and actually getting a chance to be part of it and not just watching it like MGS4. LOL. The production for this game is top notch and it should definitely be a buy for you. I mean unless you don't care for the MP and don't like playing video games SP more than once than I would rent. Either way you need to play the game it is just that epic of an adventure. GOTY for sure and a great seller that should rival MGS4 for PS3 sales as far as exclusive games.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3576 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

U2 is sooo overrated, I played it on my PS3 and even though the graphics are nice the gameplay was crap.

[spoiler] /fanboy rant [/spoiler]

navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3577 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts

Animal-Mother
This is one thing I was afraid of ... like GTAIV, but once I started playing ... I have to agree. Especially the gunplay segments, right from the beginning are much much better and grander than anything in UDF. Certain segments/chapters have completely blown me away. And if I didn't have 4 clinical's and an exam last week, I definitely would have finished it and probably beat it twice.
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3578 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

[QUOTE="swamplord666"]

9.5-10 in my opinion.

shutdown_202

Keep us posted because this game is flawless.

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3579 swamplord666

U2 is sooo overrated, I played it on my PS3 and even though the graphics are nice the gameplay was crap.

W1NGMAN-

trolling is bad. Mmmmmkay?

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3580 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

finished the game yesterday and OMG what an epic game. my GOTY for sure. Took me about 10 hours 30 mins to complete and had 158 deaths on hard lol most of my deaths were from falling down in chapter 22-24 lol. started the game on crushing difficulty today.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3581 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

Looks like Uncharted IS in the top 5 of all time on GameRankings.

Im done eating my words now :P

Im truly surprised though, because it doesnt look better than a good few of the games it apparently exceeds in the top 10.

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3582 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
By the way, did anyone's head explode on Chapter 16? Possibly the best environment I've seen in a video game. Infact, many of the areas in Uncharted 2 impressed me vastly.
Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3583 Lethalhazard

finished the game yesterday and OMG what an epic game. my GOTY for sure. Took me about 10 hours 30 mins to complete and had 158 deaths on hard lol most of my deaths were from falling down in chapter 22-24 lol. started the game on crushing difficulty today.

sikanderahmed
I died like 120 times on normal. I fail. Damn is this game hard.... ON NORMAL the damn guys with the shotguns one-shot you within a 10 ft vicinity.
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3584 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
[QUOTE="sikanderahmed"]

Lethalhazard
I died like 120 times on normal. I fail. Damn is this game hard.... ON NORMAL the damn guys with the shotguns one-shot you within a 10 ft vicinity.

im like on my 15th hour in chapter 14(ive been looking for treasure everywhere) and ive died so many times on hard.....i cant wait to play crushing
double_heist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3585 double_heist
Member since 2005 • 2402 Posts
Legendary game is a legend. Seriously... [spoiler] Shambhala beats everything I've seen in video games so far [/spoiler]
Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3586 Lethalhazard
[QUOTE="Lethalhazard"][QUOTE="sikanderahmed"]

stereointegrity

im like on my 15th hour in chapter 14(ive been looking for treasure everywhere) and ive died so many times on hard.....i cant wait to play crushing

I'm scared to play the game on hard.....I can't imagine the train part being possible.....especially at this one segment with the helicopter and barely any cover
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3587 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="Lethalhazard"] I died like 120 times on normal. I fail. Damn is this game hard.... ON NORMAL the damn guys with the shotguns one-shot you within a 10 ft vicinity. Lethalhazard

I'm scared to play the game on hard.....I can't imagine the train part being possible.....especially at this one segment with the helicopter and barely any cover

try crushing :P Which I am doin right now! In all honest though I feel like the difficulities have been switched a bit. Comparing in the game Hard=U1 normal crushing =U1 hard

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3588 Lethalhazard
[QUOTE="Lethalhazard"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"]im like on my 15th hour in chapter 14(ive been looking for treasure everywhere) and ive died so many times on hard.....i cant wait to play crushingAnimal-Mother

try crushing :P Which I am doin right now!

O____________o Tell me how many times you die.
shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3589 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

Keep us posted because this game is flawless.

nVidiaGaMer

Well it looks like i wont finish the game today (since im at my parents house for the weekend and they want the TV tonight) but il give a short what i think so far.

First let me start by saying i give this game a 10 (prime). But i dont give it a 10 perfect. Im guessing the majority of people have talked about graphics, gameplay a.i etc so i wont go into there, il take a slightly different approach to it.

Uncharted 2 doesnt do Uncharted very well. In the same way RE5 doesnt do RE well. The game is incredible and i dont have any problem with it but it just feels like Naughty Dog decided to opt with the fast pace POW every once in a while instead of the isolated treasure hunter feel of the first. Theres still the odd treasure hunting and discovery (Uncharted 1 also had its share of big action set pieces) but not as much as i thought an Uncharted game would have.

Similar to the situation with RE4 but not as extreme as in changing gameplay fundamentals. Like i said, the game is breathtaking from start to end (im on Ch.19), all the characters are there but it just doesnt have that under tone that was in Uncharted 1 and to which i thought would be prevelant throughout the series.

Im not explaining it very well but i hope you sort of understand what i mean. Il make sure to clear it up once im done with the game.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3590 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Lethalhazard"] I'm scared to play the game on hard.....I can't imagine the train part being possible.....especially at this one segment with the helicopter and barely any coverLethalhazard

I've died 342 times, with 1,5000 enemie kills, those are my Hard and crushing stats combined

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3591 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Lethalhazard"] I'm scared to play the game on hard.....I can't imagine the train part being possible.....especially at this one segment with the helicopter and barely any coverLethalhazard

i got killed with one shot in the final part of 2nd chapter, i think its gonna be bloody hard on crushing, especially those shotgun dudes.but believe me Hard difficulty isnt really that hard, i found it quite easy, i say i wouldnt have had any more then 100 deaths if i didnt fall of ledges so much lol

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3592 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Lethalhazard"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] try crushing :P Which I am doin right now!sikanderahmed

i got killed with one shot in the final part of 2nd chapter, i think its gonna be bloody hard on crushing, especially those shotgun dudes.but believe me Hard difficulty isnt really that hard, i found it quite easy, i say i wouldnt have had any more then 100 deaths if i didnt fall of ledges so much lol

Same here, Hard isn't hard. Crushing hasn't been to bad thus far either.
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3593 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12377 Posts
lol, haven't been on GS since I got U2. Beat it in Hard, 74% Trophy Completion ..... Im horrible at finding treasures. http://profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/profile/trophies/11069-Uncharted-2-Among-Thieves
ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3594 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

I got my Uncharted 2 yestoday ^^ imust say no wonder cows say it's compire it to Crysis, in some moments of you feel playing Crysis (But not always). Clean textures and nice shader work, specialy wood and earth. Also story is much better than last game.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3595 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12377 Posts
I like the storyline more in Uncharted 2 but its still flawed and sometimes to obvious but nonetheless the presentation is awesome.
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3596 swamplord666

off of metacritic:

Daniel J. gave it a0:
This game is very overrated, obv not a 0 but sure as hell nothing higher than an 8, i gave it a 0 mainly as a response to all the unnecessary 10's, I bet most of the people who gave it that haven't even played it, stupid fanboys.

speechless...