Uncharted 2 Thread (Keep it here) GS - 9.5, Metacritic - 96!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Revolution316
Member since 2009 • 2877 Posts

---

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Developer: Naughty Dog
Genre: Action-Adventure Third Person Shooter
Number of Players: 1 SinglePlayer (10 Online)
Native Resolution: 720p
Release Date: NA October 13 EU TBA
Platform: PlayStation 3

Official Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Website

Official Box-Art

Plot
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves picks up a couple of years after the events of Drake's Fortune. Similar to the previous story, Nathan Drake's (Voiced by Nolan North) new adventure revolves around an unsolved historical mystery - this time surrounding Marco Polo and his doomed voyage home from China in 1292. After spending almost 20 years in the court of the emperor Kublai Khan, Marco Polo departed with 14 ships and over 600 passengers and crew - but when he arrived at his destination a year and a half later, only one ship remained, and only 18 of the passengers had survived. Although Marco Polo described almost every other aspect of his journeys in minute detail, he never revealed what happened to the ships that were lost.

Nathan, attracted by the potential treasure to be found and inspired by the intrigue around this historical mystery, embarks on a quest to find Marco Polo's lost fleet. But he soon discovers that Marco Polo was hiding a much greater secret - he had gone on a secret expedition on behalf of the emperor to find the mythical kingdom of Shambhala, otherwise known as Shangri-La, and to recover the legendary Cintamani Stone, the wish-fulfilling jewel of Buddhist mythology. The stone is described by Marco Polo as a massive raw sapphire which, if it truly exists, would be worth billions of dollars today. These discoveries set Nathan on a new course, following Marco Polo's 700-year-old trail through a diverse range of exotic environments to find out if the lost city of Shambhala, rumoured to lie deep in the Himalayas, really exists.

Following him on his quest will be Chloe Frazer, a new character voiced by Claudia Black of Stargate SG-1 and Farscape. Elena and Sully (Voiced by Emily Rose & Richard McGonagle) from the first game will appear in the sequel and a new character named Jeff will be introduced as Elena's camera man. Robin Atkin-Downes, who voiced Atoq Navarro in the first Uncharted game, will return as Nathan's "guide for the Cintamani Stone and the mythical city of Shambala" named Tenzin. All of them are trying to recover the stone before a psychopathic war criminal named Zorin Lazarevic (Voiced by Graham McTavish), seen in the E3 trailer.

Photobucket

Gameplay
Uncharted 2 will feature new gameplay mechanics, such as stealth action segments, and will change the climbing mechanic to allow free movement over walls, in a manner similar to Assassin's Creed. Nathan will be able to flip over certain pieces of furniture to use as cover. The game is also stated to have no loading screens. Nathan himself will have a darker side in this outing, and the player will learn what makes him a thief. Naughty Dog is aiming to maximize the utilization of the Cell's SPUs, as their estimates for utilization in the first Uncharted were around 30%. As a result, the game is expected to have more realistic environments and animations.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Multiplayer
Uncharted 2 will feature both competitive and co-operative multiplayer. The co-operative multiplayer will allow a maximum of three players to take the roles of Nathan, Sully and Chloe and will feature missions involving gunfights, platforming, and teamwork-based objectives. Players will also need to assist their comrades should they become critically injured or be grabbed by an enemy. The competitive multiplayer will allow a maximum of ten players to play against each other. Two competitive modes have been revealed, 'Deathmatch' and 'Plunder'. Deathmatch features two teams of five, with one team acting as 'heroes' and the other as 'villains'. Players will be able to choose their own appropriate character models (such as Nathan, Sully, Elena and new characters Tenzen and Chloe for the 'heroes' team). Players will also be able to select two Boost abilities which will assist them in the matches themselves. Plunder is similar to the traditional capture the flag game mode, and sees each team attempt to capture the gold treasure from a central point in the map and return it to their base; the player carrying the treasure is slowed down a great deal, and may also choose to hurl the treasure away at any point, in order to keep it out of reach of the enemy, or to pass it to a teammate.

Another type of multiplayer was unveiled at San Diego Comic Con 2009. Gold Rush is a cooperative mode of play where 2-3 players must team up to get a treasure, randomly spawned on the map, and take it back to their base much like Plunder. However, CPU enemies will try to stop the players from returning the treasure. If a player goes down and is not revived before the timer goes out, they will not come back until the next round. In each consecutive round the enemies will become tougher to defeat.

There have been 2 more types of Multiplayer games confirmed by Uncharted 2's creative director. Due to the reduction of the quality of the game's visuals if a split-screen multiplayer were to be included, Naughty Dog has officially stated there will be no offline multiplayer for the time being.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Video's
(Msg me if you have new video's of this game and i wll update it. Thank you)

IGN Review
Exclusive Uncharted 2 Cinema Mode Interview
Women of Uncharted 2
Gamescom Trailer
E3 Trailer
E3 Demo
Multiplayer Trailer
Highlights from the Uncharted Comic-Con Panel
Gold Rush Walkthrough
Ice Caves Gameplay
Interview by GameSpot
Director Interview Part 1, Part 2

Critics

METACRITIC 96 Average Score

G-O-M-J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 G-O-M-J
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts
hasnt there been like 4 of these threads? lol talk about hype..
EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts

I played it at Fan Expo on Saturday and it was pretty amazing. Graphics where amazing and the platforming worked really well. Im not sure what setting it was on but the gameplay felt a tad bit tougher then I remember but its been a while since I played the first. My biggest complaint though would have to be moving from cover, it feels awkward and sometimes it can be a bit hard to control Drake when moving to other cover. Other then that everything seemed fine.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
Wasn't there a thread EXACTLY like this a few weeks ago?
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

How many OFFICIAL threads are there going to be?

Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Revolution316

guys relax. yes i know ther are threads like this but mine will the real 1 that will be updated once something news rolls around. im not asking this to be stickied yet. i will bump this thread near the game release and once the first review is in. the topics of this game will be huge. thats when this thread comes in play

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Add a couple of gifs

smokedagoodyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 smokedagoodyo
Member since 2009 • 156 Posts
if this game scored a 5.0 everyone would be crying LOL, gamespot pretty much scores a game based on hype alot of times.
smokedagoodyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 smokedagoodyo
with games like red faction guerilla on the market how could you be hyped for this game?
bronxxbombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bronxxbombers
Member since 2009 • 2840 Posts
hasnt there been like 4 of these threads? lol talk about hype..G-O-M-J
Yeah.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I was gonna say what makes this thread so official. But I give ya the thumsb up TC

TheOldOlder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheOldOlder
Member since 2009 • 1212 Posts
hasnt there been like 4 of these threads? lol talk about hype..G-O-M-J
AAAE hype am confirmed
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

So are majority of those who are hyping thios game simply hyping it because of teh graphix? I mean many even admitted that Uncharted 1 wasnt that good, now this one is being hyped as the second coming of Jesus.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nike_Air

So are majority of those who are hyping thios game simply hyping it because of teh graphix? I mean many even admitted that Uncharted 1 wasnt that good, now this one is being hyped as the second coming of Jesus.

-Oath

That makes no sense whatsoever , sorry. Uncharted is generally considered to be a great game. Just the thought of an Uncharted sequel will get people interested and excited because of that. Then they show us the game , reveal the details , characters , multiplayer , and they let a bunch of people play it. They then discuss the small changes and what they learned from the first game that they could do better and what they want to achieve with this one. Where have you been? Top notch graphics is just one element of the appeal.

There's only one second coming, and that was Metal Gear Solid Guns of The Patriots. But Jesus is a busy guy , and he's made additional returns and he'll be making a lot more trips after Uncharted 2.

• 3rd coming - LittleBigPlanet
  • 4th coming - Killzone 2
  • 5th coming - Uncharted 2
  • 6th coming - God of War III
  • 7th coming - The Last Guardian

Uncharted 2 is the 5th coming of Jesus , not the 2nd.

I'm assuming you don't follow gaming much , so I apologise if I offended (informed) you.

Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

Can't wait for this game.

TheArmyGuy48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheArmyGuy48
Member since 2009 • 858 Posts

-Oath

list of uncharted 2's awards (from E3):

GAME CRITICS AWARDS:
Best of Show
Best Console Game
Best Action / Adventure Game

IGN:
Best Action Game - PS3
Best Graphics Technology - PS3
Best Multiplayer Experience - PS3
Achievement for Technology Excellence - PS3
PlayStation 3 Game of Show
Best Graphics Technology - Overall

GAMESPOT:
Best Graphics
Best PS3 Game

1UP.COM:
Best of Show
Best of E3 PS3 Game

X-PLAY:
Game of Show
Best PlayStation 3 Game

GAMESPY:
PS3 Game of Show

GAMEPRO:
Gold Medal

GAMETRAILERS:
Best Graphics
Best Third-Person Shooter

YAHOO! GAMES:
Best of E3 2009

CRISPY GAMER:
Best PlayStation 3 Game

GAMES RADAR:
Most Surprisingly Awesome Demo

411 MANIA:
Best Action Game / Best PS3 Game

GO ONLINE GAMES:
Best PS3 Title

PLATFORM NATION:

Game of Show
Best Console Game
Best Action / Adventure Game

RED=Graphics related awards..........BLUE=Non graphics related awards

Yup, its hyped because of teh graffix:roll:

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Oath

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

Nike_Air

That makes no sense whatsoever , sorry. Uncharted is generally considered to be a great game. Just the thought of an Uncharted sequel will get people interested and excited because of that. Then they show us the game , reveal the details , characters , multiplayer , and they let a bunch of people play it. They then discuss the small changes and what they learned from the first game that they could do better and what they want to achieve with this one. Where have you been? Top notch graphics is just one element of the appeal.

There's only one second coming, and that was Metal Gear Solid Guns of The Patriots. But Jesus is a busy guy , and he's made additional returns and he'll be making a lot more trips after Uncharted 2.

I'm assuming you don't follow gaming much , so I apologise if I offended (informed) you.

How does it not make sense? Im talking from what Ive observed and in all honesty I have yet to read from anyone on Gamespot post that Uncharted was anything more than a ok game, seriously. I have only played a demo of it and I kinda understand what those people are getting at.... or maybe the demo was just a dull part of the game and Im talking to the wrong people, beats me, but this is what Ive observed. Whatever the case I cant really see how Uncharted 2 is a EXTREME step up asside from presentation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#19 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
While I don't doubt it'll be a great game, the hype for it is just insane :?
TheArmyGuy48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheArmyGuy48

Some real pics for this thread 8)

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

played this game last night at the toronto fan expo 2009 . if you want to see gameplay check out my youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73oj67uAoqQ&feature=channel_page

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

-Oath

Uncharted 1 was great. Part 2 will now add MP and tweaks to SP. I dont see how this cant be another great game. Im not like the others who are screaming GOTY and stuff. I do think it will either get AA-AAA.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Zensword

-Oath

Uncharted is probably my favorite PS3 exclusive, it has beautiful graphics and great gameplay, so I'm very excited for Uncharted 2, not just because its graphics although they're amazing but because of the gameplay as well. And the gameplay looks to be improved in this game. So it's not surprise that many gamers get hyped for it. Saying peopl getting hype for it just because teh graphix is simply ignorantIMO.

TheArmyGuy48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheArmyGuy48

[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

-Oath

How does it not make sense? Im talking from what Ive observed and in all honesty I have yet to read from anyone on Gamespot post that Uncharted was anything more than a ok game, seriously. I have only played a demo of it and I kinda understand what those people are getting at.... or maybe the demo was just a dull part of the game and Im talking to the wrong people, beats me, but this is what Ive observed. Whatever the case I cant really see how Uncharted 2 is a EXTREME step up asside from presentation.

For one, read my post above. And, 2, with all due respect we really couldnt give a rats ass if you cant see how the game stepped up, because luckily.....Every reviewer and gaming journalist can, and your opinion has no influence on the gamerankings score;)

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -Oath

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]That makes no sense whatsoever , sorry. Uncharted is generally considered to be a great game. Just the thought of an Uncharted sequel will get people interested and excited because of that. Then they show us the game , reveal the details , characters , multiplayer , and they let a bunch of people play it. They then discuss the small changes and what they learned from the first game that they could do better and what they want to achieve with this one. Where have you been? Top notch graphics is just one element of the appeal.

I'm assuming you don't follow gaming much , so I apologise if I offended (informed) you.TheArmyGuy48

For one, read my post above. And, 2, with all due respect we really couldnt give a rats ass if you cant see how the game stepped up, because luckily.....Every reviewer and gaming journalist can, and your opinion has no influence on the gamerankings score;)

You talk as if Im preaching that this game along with the previous uncharted was trash :|

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Oath

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

Zensword

Uncharted is probably my favorite PS3 exclusive, it has beautiful graphics and great gameplay, so I'm very excited for Uncharted 2, not just because its graphics although they're amazing but because of the gameplay as well. And the gameplay looks to be improved in this game. So it's not surprise that many gamers get hyped for it. Saying peopl getting hype for it just because teh graphix is simply ignorantIMO.

In this games case, not really. Have you seen how many graphics threads this game has had? And whats funny about some of them is the claims of GOTY and AAA quality and not one gameplay statement.

Mr_Apple_Soup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Mr_Apple_Soup
Member since 2006 • 3580 Posts

WHERE DID THE SPLITSCREEN GO!?

almost every single exclusive i have bought on my ps3 has dissapointed me due to lack of offline multiplayer, and it's starting to make me sick :(

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dontshackzmii

-Oath

I played the game at toronto fan expo it is amazing. it plays really and well and looks great.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zensword

[QUOTE="Zensword"]

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

-Oath

In this games case, not really. Have you seen how many graphics threads this game has had? And whats funny about some of them is the claims of GOTY and AAA quality and not one gameplay statement.

Yes they made threads about its graphics but that doesn't mean they get hyped for just because of the graphics.

Gameplay wise it's great but the selling point of it is graphics IMO. That's why you see lots of graphics threads here.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -Oath

Is the demo for this game public? Im curious to see what the fuss is about.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Is the demo for this game public? Im curious to see what the fuss is about.

-Oath

There will be a public MP demo.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zensword

Uncharted 1 was great. Part 2 will now add MP and tweaks to SP. I dont see how this cant be another great game. Im not like the others who are screaming GOTY and stuff. I do think it will either get AA-AAA.

finalfantasy94

Predictions of it being GOTY indeed is premature.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Nike_Air

[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

-Oath

Your observation skills are either very very poor , or you are extremely selective(intentionally) , or you're just a troll. "i have yet to read from anyone on Gamespot post that Uncharted was anything more than an ok game" ......wow.And when you have to state in all honesty before astatement like that .... that pretty much shows that a dishonest statement is incoming from my experience with people. Or maybe you just don't read much at all to go along with your lack of knowledege about Uncharted/Uncharted 2 and are completely oblivious ?Maybe , just maybe that's the case.

[spoiler] down with GUFU's low standards [/spoiler]

smokedagoodyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 smokedagoodyo
Should i be hyped for uncharted 2's multiplayer? when i can play unreal tournament 3 as third person shooter also? http://i25.tinypic.com/2lkfpzt.jpg
G-O-M-J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 G-O-M-J
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts

played this game last night at the toronto fan expo 2009 . if you want to see gameplay check out my youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73oj67uAoqQ&feature=channel_page

dontshackzmii
nice headshot lol
dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dontshackzmii

[QUOTE="dontshackzmii"]

G-O-M-J

nice headshot lol

yeah he walked right behide him point blank lol

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -Oath

Your observation skills are either very very poor , or you are extremely selective(intentionally) , or you're just a troll. "i have yet to read from anyone on Gamespot post that Uncharted was anything more than an ok game" ......wow.And when you have to state in all honesty before astatement like that .... that pretty much shows that a dishonest statement is incoming from my experience with people. Or maybe you just don't read much at all to go along with your lack of knowledege about Uncharted/Uncharted 2 and are completely oblivious ?Maybe , just maybe that's the case.

Nike_Air

Im not a troll and my observation skills are fine, outside of this thread I had yet to see anyone call Uncharted a great game :|

I said "In all honesty" because you seemed to look at my observation as being rediculous.

Sorry Im not looking far and wide for Uncharted praise, but I havent seen it... till now.

And I dont appreciate your assumptions about me, or GUFU ;).

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Nike_Air

[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

-Oath

Im not a troll and my observation skills are fine, outside of this thread I had yet to see anyone call Uncharted a great game :|

I said "In all honesty" because you seemed to look at my observation as being rediculous.

Sorry Im not looking far and wide for Uncharted praise, but I havent seen it... till now.

Keep digging yourself a deeper hole , go right ahead.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

-Oath
I didn't see many 'admit' that. I saw some say it wasn't that great, but the majority loved it. I personally thought the demo for the first was straight crap, so I waited until the price drop a couple weeks ago to pick it up and I loved it. It's a a great game. And by today's standards, the graphics for the first one don't stand out too much, so no the hype doesn't all have to do with graphics. Even though it looks great, I expect a campaign at least as good as the first (which was really good), plus it has the addition of coop and multiplayer. What is there not to be excited about? :?
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 -Oath

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

Nike_Air

Keep digging yourself a deeper hole , go right ahead.

I wasnt aware I was in a hole to begin with, or is that a hollow threat?

Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Revolution316

[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

-Oath

the demo of the first uncharted was bad. the game was good. it got a 9 average score from critics. uncharted 2 improves on EVERYTHING that was wrong about the first game. the only problems i had with the first was, the gunfight got alittle repetitive, platforming was easy, short campaign (7-8 hours) with no multiplayer.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -Oath

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

Revolution316

the demo of the first uncharted was bad. the game was good. it got a 9 average score from critics. uncharted 2 improves on EVERYTHING that was wrong about the first game. the only problems i had with the first was, the gunfight got alittle repetitive, platforming was easy, short campaign (7-8 hours) with no multiplayer.

I actually feel more compelled to buy U1 because of the recent opinions I heard, plus that the demo was indeed crap. I really want to experience what 2 is "Improving" on asside from graphics because this game sure is getting a **** load of hype and judging from the surface, I dont know why.

Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Revolution316

i felt the need to bumb this as its closer the the release date.....modz?lol

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

guys relax. yes i know ther are threads like this but mine will the real 1 that will be updated once something news rolls around. im not asking this to be stickied yet. i will bump this thread near the game release and once the first review is in. the topics of this game will be huge. thats when this thread comes in play

Revolution316
This one is the best so far IMO. the rest seemed rushed
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Wow Uncharted 2 is getting so much hype and there's alot of hype threads but which one is the real official one? :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#46 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
How many of these are we going to have??? This must be the fiftieth Uncharted 2 hype thread, and they're all 'official.' :| So anyway, OT, 9- 9.5.
Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Revolution316

Wow Uncharted 2 is getting so much hype and there's alot of hype threads but which one is the real official one? :P

gago-gago

mine is, forget about those wannabe threads:P

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

i cant wait for this game but i find this'offical hype' thing pathetic.

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts
Good Hype Thread, I voted for AAA
muzik_mafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 muzik_mafia
Member since 2009 • 1628 Posts

Dude, Uncharted 2 is worth a freakin fanclub from the way it's hyped around here...

But that's not a bad thing :)