Ubisoft: Wii U Owners Don’t Buy Assassin’s Creed

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

@super600 said:

This is why nintendo needs to look at what types of third party games can be brought to the platform that will be guaranteed to sell okay or great instead of relying on all third party developers to produce games for them because some third parties developers/publishers may not do that well on the WiiU and nintendo's future platforms.They can still go after smaller japanese publishers like Platinum games.They kinda already did this with the sonic games. I still do think they should go after the cod games since those seemed to be somewhat successful on the Wii.

By not going with a standard controller they alienated gamers who usually buy third party. So as a consequence only people who buy Nintendo games buy Nintendo consoles.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#52 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

@Kjranu said:

@super600 said:

This is why nintendo needs to look at what types of third party games can be brought to the platform that will be guaranteed to sell okay or great instead of relying on all third party developers to produce games for them because some third parties developers/publishers may not do that well on the WiiU and nintendo's future platforms.They can still go after smaller japanese publishers like Platinum games.They kinda already did this with the sonic games. I still do think they should go after the cod games since those seemed to be somewhat successful on the Wii.

By not going with a standard controller they alienated gamers who usually buy third party. So as a consequence only people who buy Nintendo games buy Nintendo consoles.

Nevermind the fact that the Wii U tablet is very close to the Standard controller and HAS a standard controller on the side?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@Kjranu said:

@super600 said:

I don't think copying what sony or ms does will work(like making standard controllers,creating powerful hardware and etc). They have to get back some of the male and female audiences they lost without chasing after third parties or following ms and.or sony..An indirect approach like the Wii would work best to target the male audiences. We saw how a somewhat direct approach hurt the WiiU.

NUSNA_Moebius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By NUSNA_Moebius
Member since 2014 • 118 Posts

@super600: I think it was the controller novelty that attracted FPS gamers to the Wii. Some games like CoD on the Wii U support the Wiimote, but I think the system and it's capabilities being so past due have alienated gamers who'd rather just play on a more powerful system. Nintendo does not design hardware to satisfy third party devs and they're paying for it.........again.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

It's good to see some WiiU supporters care about options. /sarcasm

I guess when you buy a Nintendo console all you really have or want to play is Mario and Zelda.

So have at it.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

He's right though. Nintendo fans aren't interested in AAA third party tittles. If they were they'd get a PC/PS4/Xbone.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By super600  Moderator

@nusna_moebius said:

@super600: I think it was the controller novelty that attracted FPS gamers to the Wii. Some games like CoD on the Wii U support the Wiimote, but I think the system and it's capabilities being so past due have alienated gamers who'd rather just play on a more powerful system. Nintendo does not design hardware to satisfy third party devs and they're paying for it.........again.

That doesn't really explain why almost every single cod game released on the console managed to sell 1 million or above on the console.There was a market for hardcore games, but barely no one was going after it.There must have been other audiences besides the fps gamers buying cod games. I don't think nintendo needs to chase after every single third party because we saw with an extent with the WiiU it did not work at all.They can attract the third party developers that fit their vision better or produce similar games compared to them.If they feel it safe they can then create western development teams and test the waters by developing games that appeal more to nintendo audiences or more mature audience

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

Well, there goes the last of Ninty's third party AAA devs.

Nintendo fans need to branch out beyond Mario, Zelda, and games that strictly adhere to cartoon aesthetics.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@amazonangry said:

Nintendo fans need to branch out beyond Mario, Zelda, and games that strictly adhere to cartoon aesthetics.

So,they are bad games because of that?

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Assassins creed sucks why would someone with a wiiu who has access to better games even settle on that trash?

natsm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 natsm
Member since 2014 • 63 Posts
@amazonangry said:

i thought Rime was a bit cartoonish. I'm not biased though.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Mr_Huggles_dog

@MonsieurX said:

@amazonangry said:

The last Nintendo console I owned was a Gamecube....and if those are anything to go by....they aren't very challenging.

So, yes, some might say they are not that great....maybe not bad....but not great.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

That's simply not true. Lots of Wii U owners buy AC.. They just get it for a different system.

I'm not about to buy a multiplat for the Wii U when I can get it on PC where it looks and plays twice as good.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@MonsieurX said:

@amazonangry said:

The last Nintendo console I owned was a Gamecube....and if those are anything to go by....they aren't very challenging.

So, yes, some might say they are not that great....maybe not bad....but not great.

Tons of people and critics beg to differ

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/super-mario-galaxy-2

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@MonsieurX said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@MonsieurX said:

Tons of people and critics beg to differ

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/super-mario-galaxy-2

They can beg all they want....but I stand by what I said.

There are AT LEAST as many ppl that don't play Nintendo games b/c of lack of real challenge than there are of ppl that enjoy Nintendo games. I've seen videos of the Mario WiiU game.....it looks about as simplistic as it gets.

Tons of kids, teens and 20 somethings that have this "I like games for games...not gfx, story or anything else....I'm a purest" idealism.

As if they are the only ones that grew up on Nintendo games.

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66  Edited By Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts
@dotWithShoes said:

@Micropixel said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

@Micropixel said:

Last I checked, just dance didn't do any better on Wii U than AC.

But honestly, first party games are the sole reason anyone buys a Nintendo console to begin with. It's also the reason 3rd party companies like Ubisoft struggle with their libraries when competing with Nintendo's on a Nintendo console. A lot of games on the system are getting ignored because everyone who owns a Wii U is addicted to Mario Kart. The same thing will happen when Smash Bros hits. And then again when The Legend Of Zelda releases, and again when we finally see a Metroid game. This is a pattern we've been seeing since 1996 with the N64 almost 20 years ago.

If you're a 3rd party developer looking to break the cycle, you have to make something TRULY remarkable that can actually compete for attention from those games. And re-re-re-redundant Assasin's Creed is not the title to do it. Maybe not even Watch_Dogs. I'm not saying their games aren't good (I own most of them and love them), but there are a lot of Nintendo titles I'd play over most of theirs.

THAT is Ubisoft's real problem.

Even in the SNES era, Nintendo's (and Rare's) titles STILL lead the pack. It just seems to me that the only way Nintendo is to have any success with third parties is to go all Revolver Ocelot on MUCH of their big IP's (Mario, Zelda, their share on Pokemon). Of course, despite dying interest, that will be the last straw between Nintendo and their fans.

RARE (in their old N64 form) is a perfect example of the kind of caliber that 2nd and 3rd party developers need to be if they're going to work on a Nintendo platform. I think most people who played during that era would agree that RARE produced some of the very best games for that system (even better than most of Nintendo's) and essentially saved it from being a disaster.

You know RARE was owned by Nintendo. They were not third party, so saying they were better than Nintendo's is in effect, saying that RAREs games were better than the games made by RARE.

Yes, Nintendo bought them up in '94 I think....? They went into the N64 era as Nintendo's 2nd party studio. But before that, they developed games for the NES and SNES as 3rd party (until '94 when Nintendo purchased them).

Donkey Kong Country on SNES was one of the first collaborations between the two companies.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Well saying they dont buy AC is actually a compliment to wiiU owners. Imo one of the most overrated AAA franchises

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
@super600 said:

We saw how a somewhat direct approach hurt the WiiU.

How the **** is the WiiU a "direct approach"? Most people thought it was a Wii peripheral when it was announced, it's got even worse game droughts than the Wii, and the early messaging of "we will get 3rd party games" was nothing but lies. It's just another typical Nintendo console, without the motion control gimmick that caused Wii to sell so well.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@adamosmaki said:

Well saying they dont buy AC is actually a compliment to wiiU owners. Imo one of the most overrated AAA franchises

It declined quite a bit with Revelations and 3, but AC4 was amazing.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By super600  Moderator

@locopatho said:
@super600 said:

We saw how a somewhat direct approach hurt the WiiU.

How the **** is the WiiU a "direct approach"? Most people thought it was a Wii peripheral when it was announced, it's got even worse game droughts than the Wii, and the early messaging of "we will get 3rd party games" was nothing but lies. It's just another typical Nintendo console, without the motion control gimmick that caused Wii to sell so well.

Look at what nintendo was trying to do at various conferences especially E3) in 2011 and 2012 when they were talking about the WiiU.They brought a bunch of third party developers and publishers on stage to talk about what they were planning to do with the WiiU even though some of these developers and publishers never created or published a game for the console.They even showed multiple third party games that were mostly ports at their 2012 e3 conference. That is why I classified what they were doing as a somewhat direct approach to getting third party developers.They sadly failed. With the Wii they barely even tried to go after all the third party developers and they still got games from multiple third parties that were successful. These games including genres nintendo was producing,games like Just dance and fps games to an extent.They can try directly going after some third party developers, but they can't do what they did with the WiiU.They have to do it indirectly by ignoring them or by building their own western studios.The other option may be a big risk depending on the type of audience nintendo wants to grab with their next console and/pr handheld.

IamAdorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 IamAdorable
Member since 2013 • 407 Posts

I only bought the third one for my WiiU.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#72  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

I'm not sure about this series . I really liked first one . Loved Ezio's trilogy . Hated 3rd one and thought I won't return to this series again , then Black Flag blew my mind . I'll wait and see how Unity turns out but it'll be hard to top Black Flag .

I think they should take a break from yearly releases and come up with something new and unique after few years .

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#73  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Ubi is a bit off on that statement. I'm a Wii U owner and I buy AC games, just not for Wii U. Wont be getting Rogue for sure and will only buy Unity when it hits the bargain bin.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

AC2 is really the only game in the series that is great. Brotherhood is also pretty good. The rest of the games really aren't worth paying money for.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#75 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Well I did (Black Flag), and the crappy framerate and buggy gameplay will make me not do this mistake again. I never knew how much the series sucked on consoles.. I played, I think it was AC3, on PS3 at a friend's house, and that was equally horrible. That framerate... those bugs...

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@Litchie said:

Well I did (Black Flag), and the crappy framerate and buggy gameplay will make me not do this mistake again. I never knew how much the series sucked on consoles.. I played, I think it was AC3, on PS3 at a friend's house, and that was equally horrible. That framerate... those bugs...

I played Black Flag on the PC with a silky smooth framerate and that didn't save it from being a bad game. Ubi needs to shelve this series and bring it back with some changes that actually improve the overall game or it is going to go the way of Guitar Hero.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#77  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I am a Wii U owner who bought Assassin's Creed Black Flag. I just didn't buy it for the Wii U.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@MonsieurX said:

@amazonangry said:

It's a good thing that Nintendo offers the most challenging first party games in the industry right now then. They aren't afraid to be relentlessly harsh in an age where most games baby you. Nintendo Land, Super Mario Bros. U, Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, and Pikmin 3 all offer excessively brutal difficulty if you want it (and it sounds like you might).

Also, the great thing about Nintendo's difficulty is that it isn't a simple switch that gives you less health and increases enemy numbers. The harder challenges in Nintendo games are found in new content that is carefully tailored specifically to challenge the player.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

Smart people in general don't buy Ass Creed

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

AC is a great series. Of course some people are going to hate it and call it over-rated and such now! lol.
Ubisoft speaks the truth.