Ubisoft: Wii U Owners Don’t Buy Assassin’s Creed

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Ubisoft: Wii U Owners Don’t Buy Assassin’s Creed; More Interested in Just Dance

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/ubisoft-wii-u-owners-dont-buy-assassins-creed-interested-just-dance/

“It’s very simple. What we see is that Nintendo customers don’t buy Assassin’s Creed. Last year, we sold in very small numbers.”

“What we see is that they are very interested in Just Dance, very interested by other kinds of games. So what we are trying to do is to focus more on the types of games they are interested in.”

When asked about the Watch Dogs situation, Yves went on to say the following.

“[Watch Dogs] is coming to Wii U. It will be the only mature game we publish on it.”

Yeah, why companies should make any multiplatform game on Wii U when Wii U owners not buying anything than their own Mario and Zelda only?

Assassins Creed is not the first game that flopped on Wii or Wii U. Call of Duty Wii u version sold less than 1%

Also Grand Theft Auto game flopped on DS. All big exclusives like Call of Duty, Dead Space, Grand theft auto, Assassins Creed, Tomb Raider on Nintendo platforms. Nintendo owners only play Mario, Zelda and Just Dance games.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

Makes sense. Assassins Creed is a hardcore game in which you walk around aimlessly and occasionally press X to win during a fight. Only for Playstation and Xblox. Very corehard.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

I don't own a WiiU to play trash like ac. Happy to see other WiiU owners think alike.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@wiiboxstation said:

I don't own a WiiU to play trash like ac. Happy to see other WiiU owners think alike.

This.

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Also Grand Theft Auto game flopped on DS. All big exclusives like Call of Duty, Dead Space, Grand theft auto, Assassins Creed, Tomb Raider on Nintendo platforms. Nintendo owners only play Mario, Zelda and Just Dance games.

You seriously need to stop talking out of your ass

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#7 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I bought Assassin's Creed 3 New at launch. I however bought Assassin's Creed IV used because it was way cheaper than buying it new and at the time I heard it wasn't going to get the DLC so I backed off from it (I however bought Splinter Cell Blacklist NEW in turn).

I guess I'm in the very VAST minority when it comes to Nintendo gamers because I bought most of my Ubisoft offerings New.

It really is a wonder why Nintendo is a failing ship when it comes to 3rd Party. Buy a Nintendo console only for Nintendo games, Already treating Nintendo as a 2nd rate company and making their systems into nothing more than Glorified 3rd Party Peripherals to the Stand Alone Systems.

Also just so you know China Town Wars on the DS was pretty lackluster. It saw poor sales on the PSP and Mediocre sales on the App store too (though I think the highest profits went to the App store If I remember correctly). Nintendo consoles have never really had a "Proper" Grand Theft Auto game and it's sad to know it might never will.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#8 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I bought Assassin's Creed 3 New at launch. I however bought Assassin's Creed IV used because it was way cheaper than buying it new and at the time I heard it wasn't going to get the DLC so I backed off from it (I however bought Splinter Cell Blacklist NEW in turn).

I guess I'm in the very VAST minority when it comes to Nintendo gamers because I bought most of my Ubisoft offerings New.

It really is a wonder why Nintendo is a failing ship when it comes to 3rd Party. Buy a Nintendo console only for Nintendo games, Already treating Nintendo as a 2nd rate company and making their systems into nothing more than Glorified 3rd Party Peripherals to the Stand Alone Systems.

Also just so you know China Town Wars on the DS was pretty lackluster. It saw poor sales on the PSP and Mediocre sales on the App store too (though I think the highest profits went to the App store If I remember correctly). Nintendo consoles have never really had a "Proper" Grand Theft Auto game and it's sad to know it might never will.

Here's a defense I heard for this: It's because Nintendo's putting most of the effort into their games and most third parties just don't give a shit when given the opportunity.

In fact, RRPG recently made this rant on the sad state of third parties. I don't agree with all of it, but I see some points.

Loading Video...

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Enjoy your 15 Just Dance sequels in the next 5 years.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Add Splitscreen and they'l buy them.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LegatoSkyheart

@nintendoboy16 said:

Here's a defense I heard for this: It's because Nintendo's putting most of the effort into their games and most third parties just don't give a shit when given the opportunity.

In fact, RRPG recently made this rant on the sad state of third parties. I don't agree with all of it, but I see some points.

The dude was completely taking just about word for word from this article.

I'll listen to it, but I'll just quote this person from Nintendo Life.

I think much of it is kind of Silly.....Rockstar won't put GTA on a Nintendo console because they don't want to be outsold by Nintendo games? That doesn't make sense unless you are thinking they have some sort of ego involved.

So Just think about that for a second. The dude in the video AND the article said.

3rd party publishers don’t want Nintendo on top, they don’t want Nintendo consoles to be number 1. It’s not that they don’t respect Nintendo, but it’s the fact that it would be harder for Sony and Microsoft to compete with Nintendo if they had strong 3rd party support. Imagine the Wii U being the cheapest console this generation with all your favorite 3rd party games, 1st party games and free online.

So taking Rockstar to account since they are a 3rd Party Developer. This person said that Rockstar is afraid of Nintendo being TOO successful if they had released their game on their console.

Just......THINK......about what is said.

Rockstar the current RECORD HOLDER of the FASTEST SELLING GAME/MEDIA/OF REALLY ANYTHING OF ALL TIME. A thing that surpassed Movie Ticket Sales of Harry Potter and Pirates of the Caribbean combined....is afraid of Nintendo being TOO successful if they released their games on the system.

This should be the sound you should be hearing right now.

This Article (the topic's article) shows CLEARLY what is up with 3rd Party developers. WiiU gamers just aren't interested in the WiiU versions of these games. It's just that simple. WiiU isn't showing a clear difference between consoles and it's user base isn't keen to go buy them either. They are probably getting the PS3 versions of the game, or the PC versions, or heck 360 versions? I know maybe they're buying the Xbox One versions. WiiU versions? Over their dead body, because they don't want the weakest version of the game and that's how Gamers are looking at the WiiU versions of these 3rd Party games.

3rd Parties don't want to sell their games on a system that will not give them anything in return. It's why Xbox One exclusives have recently started appearing on Steam, it's why 3rd Party developers are more attracted to the PS4 (cause just about everything sells on that system) ane it's why 3rd parties left WiiU.

Sales do matter in the end and in short so does Hardware which was ultimately what killed WiiU's 3rd Party.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#12 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

Great, I'm in the minority. I bought Assassin's Creed III and Black Flag new for the Wii U and only got Just Dance used. Oh well, while I would have liked to play Rogue on the Wii U, I won't complain about it since I can play it on the PS3. Unity, on the other hand, is going to be another reason for me to save up and get a PS4 sometime down the road.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LegatoSkyheart

@Kenny789 said:

Great, I'm in the minority. I bought Assassin's Creed III and Black Flag new for the Wii U and only got Just Dance used. Oh well, while I would have liked to play Rogue on the Wii U, I won't complain about it since I can play it on the PS3. Unity, on the other hand, is going to be another reason for me to save up and get a PS4 sometime down the road.

Don't go PS4. Get PC. It has Unity too. Not too pleasing with Uplay involved, though with how Next Gen is shaping up PC seems to be a better deal in the long run.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Honestly it doesn't help that games like Assassin's Creed an Call of Duty are so hard to find for Wii U at retail locations. Stores stock plenty of copies for other consoles but only a couple for the Wii U. With that being said I'm aware that third party software sales aren't great on Wii U but I'm sure being difficult to find sure doesn't help.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LegatoSkyheart

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

Honestly it doesn't help that games like Assassin's Creed an Call of Duty are so hard to find for Wii U at retail locations. Stores stock plenty of copies for other consoles but only a couple for the Wii U. With that being said I'm aware that third party software sales aren't great on Wii U but I'm sure being difficult to find sure doesn't help.

Oh man yes. Retailers are the worst when it comes to stocking WiiU games. PS3, 360, Xbox One, PS4. Shelves filled with Games...RELEVANT games, games that have came out this year...but Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS, and Vita (lol PSP?) is just a jumbled mess filled with games that have been released maybe 2 years ago and maybe JUST maybe a few games from a year ago...though the 3DS is a little bit more organized.

Walmart is not a fun place to get games.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

I can't remember the last time I bought a multiplat on a Nintendo console... Soul Calibur 2 maybe?

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Makes sense. Assassins Creed is a hardcore game in which you walk around aimlessly and occasionally press X to win during a fight. Only for Playstation and Xblox. Very corehard.

lol +1 to this

I dont think noone buys a wiiu to play CoD

But i wish nintendo made a new series, shame it wont happen

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Never got into AC ..didn't buy it on PS3/PC either...I did get Splinter Cell Blacklist, Rayman Legends, & ZombiU on Wii U. Still waiting on Watch Dogs to be release on Wii U...however if Ubi is gonna wait years later then release it at $79AUD..when I can pick up PS3/PC version for $29AUD or less ..then they can take their Wii U version & shove it up their arse. Never bought Just Dance on Wii nor Wii U. I am in the minority Wii U owners that do buy 3rd party as long as it not too screwed. :P

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Assassins creed was one of the launch game i bought with my WiiU day 1. Black flag i got for free with my new graphic card.

It is hard to buy multiplat games when Mario/Zelda is the only games released for the system...

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nintendoboy16

@aroxx_ab said:

It is hard to buy multiplat games when Mario/Zelda is the only games released for the system...

Pikmin 3

LEGO City Undercover

Wonderful 101

Yep, definitely nothing but Mario and Zelda.

Soon: Bayonetta 2, Splatoon

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@wiiboxstation: Haha. Sure. Problem is, no one is buying any third party on Nintendo and so you wont be getting any. You can call it trash, but it's to the Wii U's detriment.

Celebrating not getting games, it's finally happened. The cycle has moved on from blind faith that the games are coming.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart: Slightly off topic, but you how Chinatown Wars happen to be in 2.5d? That might explain why it sold in mediocre numbers.

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts

Last I checked, just dance didn't do any better on Wii U than AC.

But honestly, first party games are the sole reason anyone buys a Nintendo console to begin with. It's also the reason 3rd party companies like Ubisoft struggle with their libraries when competing with Nintendo's on a Nintendo console. A lot of games on the system are getting ignored because everyone who owns a Wii U is addicted to Mario Kart. The same thing will happen when Smash Bros hits. And then again when The Legend Of Zelda releases, and again when we finally see a Metroid game. This is a pattern we've been seeing since 1996 with the N64 almost 20 years ago.

If you're a 3rd party developer looking to break the cycle, you have to make something TRULY remarkable that can actually compete for attention from those games. And re-re-re-redundant Assasin's Creed is not the title to do it. Maybe not even Watch_Dogs. I'm not saying their games aren't good (I own most of them and love them), but there are a lot of Nintendo titles I'd play over most of theirs.

THAT is Ubisoft's real problem.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

Yes and that is why Nintendo owners get less third party games. They haven't been buying them for a couple generations now. I really don't get how they don't take advantage of other games but it is what it is. Until they support the games...they don't get them. And it's a catch now because less games get created for them because they don't buy them.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I know I didn't buy AC for the WiiU. I prefer my AC games on the Playstation.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nintendoboy16

@Micropixel said:

But honestly, first party games are the sole reason anyone buys a Nintendo console to begin with. It's also the reason 3rd party companies like Ubisoft struggle with their libraries when competing with Nintendo's on a Nintendo console. A lot of games on the system are getting ignored because everyone who owns a Wii U is addicted to Mario Kart. The same thing will happen when Smash Bros hits. And then again when The Legend Of Zelda releases, and again when we finally see a Metroid game. This is a pattern we've been seeing since 1996 with the N64 almost 20 years ago.

If you're a 3rd party developer looking to break the cycle, you have to make something TRULY remarkable that can actually compete for attention from those games. And re-re-re-redundant Assasin's Creed is not the title to do it. Maybe not even Watch_Dogs. I'm not saying their games aren't good (I own most of them and love them), but there are a lot of Nintendo titles I'd play over most of theirs.

Even in the SNES era, Nintendo's (and Rare's) titles STILL lead the pack. It just seems to me that the only way Nintendo is to have any success with third parties is to go all Revolver Ocelot on MUCH of their big IP's (Mario, Zelda, their share on Pokemon). Of course, despite dying interest, that will be the last straw between Nintendo and their fans.

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts

Eh, I hate both series equally

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Any Ac fan with half a brain knows it is FAR better on PS/Xbox or Pc.

3rd party games are dead on WiiU. Other than EA sports Fifa or something.

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts
@nintendoboy16 said:

@Micropixel said:

Even in the SNES era, Nintendo's (and Rare's) titles STILL lead the pack. It just seems to me that the only way Nintendo is to have any success with third parties is to go all Revolver Ocelot on MUCH of their big IP's (Mario, Zelda, their share on Pokemon). Of course, despite dying interest, that will be the last straw between Nintendo and their fans.

RARE (in their old N64 form) is a perfect example of the kind of caliber that 2nd and 3rd party developers need to be if they're going to work on a Nintendo platform. I think most people who played during that era would agree that RARE produced some of the very best games for that system (even better than most of Nintendo's) and essentially saved it from being a disaster.

ZombeGoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ZombeGoast
Member since 2010 • 437 Posts

Maybe because Wii U owners knows what'a shitty port when they see one.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

They could have made exclusive content for the Wii U version to make it a compelling purchase, considering most people who own one also probably own a PS3/360, PS4/XBone or PC, there is no reason to buy that version.

But blame Wii U owners, not the game. The game is obviously perfect.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Truth

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#34  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

lol
Are they turning into a mobile game dev?
Oh these games don't sell on this system because the people who buy this system are not interested in these kinds of games. Maybe these kinds of games means games that work better on other platforms. I have AC for the Wii U and it ran and played and looked poorly.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#35  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
@speak_low said:
and their rhythmically-timed swaying hips.

Mmmmm. Wii-U owners make for great parties.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Wii U owners dont buy old games we've played on other systems already.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#37 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Assassin's Creed didn't sell last year? The version that lacked DLC support? You don't say?

Call of Duty isn't selling so great on Wii U either? You mean, the lack of Call of Duty Elite and DLC support didn't lure in consumers? Wow, blows my mind.

Most people who have a Wii U own another platform. Publishers are deluded if they believe those people will purchase a version that gives them less value.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

He's right. I have a Wii U, don't see why I would buy a multi-platform game on an inferior console when I have a powerful PC.

Same thing I believe most hardcore console only gamers would treat Wii U multiplat games if they happen to have a PS4 / X1.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

@Micropixel said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

@Micropixel said:

RARE (in their old N64 form) is a perfect example of the kind of caliber that 2nd and 3rd party developers need to be if they're going to work on a Nintendo platform. I think most people who played during that era would agree that RARE produced some of the very best games for that system (even better than most of Nintendo's) and essentially saved it from being a disaster.

You know RARE was owned by Nintendo. They were not third party, so saying they were better than Nintendo's is in effect, saying that RAREs games were better than the games made by RARE.

ItsTheCaptain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#40 ItsTheCaptain
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Well I only own a Wii U for the exclusives really. Any multiplatform game that I find intriguing will be bought for my PS4. I suppose that's how the majority of multi-system owners think.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I think the issue here is that most Wii U owners have PS3/X360 or PS4/Xbone and if every version of the game costs $60 then they rather buy the best version with the superior online experience and graphics too.

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

It's sad that this is the case. Maybe ubisoft will develop something unique for the system in the future.

He mentions party games, and honestly I'm ok with that as long as they are unique and well-made. But I'm sure to be in the minority on this. And given third parties history with games like that I know I shouldn't expect it at all.

I'd love it if someone could develop something like a new Dokapon Kingdom for Wii-U.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts

ubisoft are correct on this one.

this is another example of why nintendo should stop any further efforts to attract 3rd parties (or at least 3rd party multiplats). even if they managed to get the support (with features and performance at least as good as every other platform) the games would sell poorly. no one wins.

its a case of 3rd parties delivering poorer versions of a game (sometimes this is nintendos fault, sometimes not) to a segment of the market that is indifferent to said games. on the very rare occasion that i think i might get a wiiu version of a multiplat (i have a PC...why would i get a multiplat on the wiiu?) the first thing that pops into my head is "how will i get burned? whats the catch?". i would rather pay more for another version to be perfectly honest.

last gen half my wii games were 3rd party. all my wii games were wii exclsuive though.

i think any future relations nintendo have with big 3rd parites will have to be built around exclusive games and nintendo shouldering more of the risk.

other than that i dont see why nintendo should waste any more time on the matter. their customers dont want it (they usually have another platform to play these games on). the 3rd parties arent interested. nintendo is making no money by trying.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

They're not missing much but AC3 on Wii U was pretty darn good.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#45 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@Kjranu: And sold reasonably well considering the small install base. Ubisoft delivered the full package with full support and people bought it.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LegatoSkyheart

@hiphops_savior said:

@LegatoSkyheart: Slightly off topic, but you how Chinatown Wars happen to be in 2.5d? That might explain why it sold in mediocre numbers.

Yeah I know. I played it. It's actually the only GTA game that you can do drug deals freely if I recall.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

If third parties would just release games better than Nintendo's games, then people would buy them.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#48 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Even if I had a Wii u, I'd get it on the pc because I know it would run on better hardware and also it would drop to $5 on steam in due time

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I don't want either Assassin's Creed or Just Dance...

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

This is why nintendo needs to look at what types of third party games can be brought to the platform that will be guaranteed to sell okay or great instead of relying on all third party developers to produce games for them because some third parties developers/publishers may not do that well on the WiiU and nintendo's future platforms.They can still go after smaller japanese publishers like Platinum games.They kinda already did this with the sonic games. I still do think they should go after the cod games since those seemed to be somewhat successful on the Wii.