Ubisoft Software Sale by Platform. WatchDogs at 8M Shipped

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/comsite_common/en-US/images/d20140710032607ubisoft%20q1%20fy15%20english%20finaltcm99154457.pdf

yup PS4 dominates

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Bu bu but playstation gamers dont buy games !!!!

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

Wow. PS4 dominates in being milked. Why do individual game sales even matter to you at all?

Also, I'm impressed the PC reached 14% considering how many people skipped the game because of uPlay

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

For a company complaining so much about piracy on the PC in the past and putting all sorts of measures against it,it looks like the PC is making them big bank according to those numbers,pretty much either ahead/on the level of most consoles,even with all the piracy lol.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

lol WiiU and 3DS at 0%

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

what's all that "3 month" shit?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lostrib

@MrYaotubo said:

For a company complaining so much about piracy on the PC in the past and putting all sorts of measures against it,it looks like the PC is making them big bank according to those numbers,pretty much either ahead/on the level of most consoles,even with all the piracy lol.

probably would do better if they hadn't implemented UPlay and optimized Watch_dogs a bit better

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@melonfarmerz said:

Wow. PS4 dominates in being milked. Why do individual game sales even matter to you at all?

Also, I'm impressed the PC reached 14% considering how many people skipped the game because of uPlay

Everyone trashes Watch Dogs, but then are proud they're platform was teh one that sold more. Exact same thing with COD.

Also, i think 14% is understandable. FC3 had 25% of the sales on pc, nor including the profit margins thanks to DD and, potential sale on Uplays tore, so not cuts to Steam. I wonder why.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

PS4 dominates which is to be expected at this point.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lostrib

@speak_low said:

@-Damien- said:

lol WiiU and 3DS at 0%

What an embarrassment.

And these quarterly results are true for any of the major publishers. Which is why games like Destiny aren't coming to Wii U, but Sheep keep saying it makes no sense

Well, I don't think ubisoft really released any games in those time periods for wiiU and 3DS, so that probably isn't helping the percentage

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Watch Dogs 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 confirmed.

i think once (and if) they are done with AC. them will make make watch dogs annual yearly franchise.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22675 Posts

All that for a below average, lifeless sandbox...

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@system-reboot said:

@Desmonic said:

i think once (and if) they are done with AC. them will make make watch dogs annual yearly franchise.

I expect both at the same time. WD in the spring, AC in the fall.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

All that's been confirmed is the ps4 gamers have no good game to get.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@lostrib said:

what's all that "3 month" shit?

Companies generally report their numbers quarterly (although I guess this is a European company, and I thought they did their numbers semi-annually?).

In either case, on almost every type of financial report - companies compare themselves "quarter vs quarter" compared to the prior year - they don't necessarily always compare "month vs month".

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@speak_low said:

@-Damien- said:

lol WiiU and 3DS at 0%

What an embarrassment.

And these quarterly results are true for any of the major publishers. Which is why games like Destiny aren't coming to Wii U, but Sheep keep saying it makes no sense

Ubisoft did not release anything significant since Assassin Creed 4 for the WiiU. So the numbers will be super low for ubisoft.Most of there WiiU/3ds games will be released on the in the fall/winter.I don't even remember the last time Ubisoft published a 3ds game.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

@speak_low said:

@lostrib said:

Well, I don't think ubisoft really released any games in those time periods for wiiU and 3DS, so that probably isn't helping the percentage

But I've seen these Ubisoft quarterly results posted all year though, and I don't think it's ever been above 1%, even when the PS4/Xbox One weren't even out yet.

Even with Splinter Cell Blacklist U, Just Dance U, AC and Rayman/Child of Light - it just shows that third-party games on this system do not make enough money for them to make it worth their time anymore. And I know people say it's because the Ubisoft games were gimped, but I don't believe a fully complete, packed-to-the-gills version of Wii U Splinter Cell and AC 3 and AC4 would've suddenly make 0%-1% jump up much higher. A staggering 500,00-800,000 Wii U gamers didn't buy a game just because of a missing mode or feature(s) for a particular Wii U game?

The Wii percentages dropped drastically too, which only adds to the unsettling Nintendo picture. This tells me many gamers are tired of playing the Wii these days, not buying the Wii U games, and are going to PS4/One or mobile gaming, or just waiting it out. All Ubisoft and every publisher learns from these sales results is that it's much smarter to put games on PS3/PS4/One/360/PC (where they make the most money) and a bad idea to put a game on Wii U.

Just Dance sells better on the Wii/WiiU than it does on PS systems and Rayman also sold best on the WiiU. Dunno bought child of light and I know Blacklist bombed. I frankly don't see the point of putting a lot of multiplat games on the WiiU at this point given the system ecosystem is currently not healthy but its a loop. Its never going to be a healthy system if third parties don't support it at all. I don't see the point in putting already established series on the WiiU like Assassin's Creed or Batman but I think they are flawed by avoiding having something like Destiny or Watch Dogs on the WiiU at launch with a solid marketing push. New franchises are a chance to grow. If for some reason, next gen Nintendo is producing solid numbers again, it's going to fucking hurt third parties not having any established franchises they can fall on to that hardware.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

Wow, I bought a Ubisoft game for Wii U and PS Vita and both are at 0%

Way to go to make me feel like my sale matters Ubisoft :O

High-Res

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 High-Res
Member since 2005 • 273 Posts

@-Damien- said:

https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/comsite_common/en-US/images/d20140710032607ubisoft%20q1%20fy15%20english%20finaltcm99154457.pdf

yup PS4 dominates

That's sales into the retail channel. Not sales that consumers actually purchased. Ubisoft always over saturates and floods the markets with their products. That is why you can always by them 2 weeks after launch for $39.99 and you can usually find them at specific retailers at specific times for $19.99 3 months after launch.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Looks like Ubisoft was justified in abandoning the Wii U. Third Party games are dead on it.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Its kinda sad that so many people bought a game in which you do nothing else but watch through cameras and trigger nades on brainless AI.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#26 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@melonfarmerz said:

Its important for some people to feel like they fit in. Any evidence of the PS brand being the most popular some how makes the world a more acceptable place for TC

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#27 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I wonder what would have happened if they had not delayed it. Looks like they made the right choice....great game but at the same time doesn't hold up to GTA that well . One of the best apects of GTA5 was the flying, and that is not even something that exists in Watchdogs it seems(not in the 10 hours or so that I've played it anyways).

Very happy to see strong sales on PS4 and Xbox One, consoles ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

But But the PC......Supposed to be number 1.

Incoming 1001 hermit excuses and that it's just because Ubisoft sucks and only Consolers buy their games and that it's different for every other publisher.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

Incoming 1001 hermit excuses and that it's just because Ubisoft sucks and only Consolers buy their games and that it's different for every other publisher.

This. Also LOL @ WiU. No wonder publishers have abandoned that platform

#SDC2014

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

All this fapping to PS4 is annoying.

Good lord cows.....

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

Not surprising to see a game sell more on the console that doesn't have many games to play.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Okay.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Shielder7
@lawlessx said:

@Shielder7 said:

Not surprising to see a game sell more on the console that doesn't have many games to play.

Right on cue

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lawlessx

@Shielder7 said:
@lawlessx said:

@Shielder7 said:

Right on cue

so you agree then? good..i was beginning to worry about you.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Shielder7

@lawlessx said:

@Shielder7 said:
@lawlessx said:

@Shielder7 said:

Right on cue

I agree you did exactly what I said you would do............

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@Shielder7 said:

#SDC2014

According to that pc was number 1 for last year quarter

so what your point

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lawlessx
@Shielder7 said:

@lawlessx said:

@Shielder7 said:
@lawlessx said:

@Shielder7 said:

Right on cue

I agree you did exactly what I said you would do............

i gave a reasonable explanation..only fanboys call them "excuses" and then not give any argument against them

like what you just did

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

@melonfarmerz said:

Nobody really skips games becuse of uPlay, or to be more specific, the ammount of such people is so small it's statistically irrelevant.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
@lostrib said:

@MrYaotubo said:

probably would do better if they hadn't implemented UPlay and optimized Watch_dogs a bit better

I doubt very much uPlay is doing much to damage PC sales. The difference between those numbers between first three months and earlier periods is most likely a lot simplier to explain: Ubi didn't release any PC centric games in that period. People like to bash Ubi for medicore PC ports, but they often forget that this company also releases quite a lot PC exclusive. When they do the sales on PC jump a lot. Plus of course, those charts don't take into account all the money Ubi is making on their PC F2P games, which they have quite many

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@High-Res said:

@-Damien- said:

yup PS4 dominates

That's sales into the retail channel. Not sales that consumers actually purchased. Ubisoft always over saturates and floods the markets with their products. That is why you can always by them 2 weeks after launch for $39.99 and you can usually find them at specific retailers at specific times for $19.99 3 months after launch.

What stores are selling Watchdogs for $40?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#41 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@Desmonic said:

yes please

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@TheFadeForever said:

@I_can_haz said:

@Shielder7 said:

#SDC2014

so what your point

Key word here is "was". PS4 wasn't around last quarter anyways so you fail trying to compare PS4 and PC using last quarter numbers.

"Bu...bu...but....teh PC have dominate too!!1"

#SDC2014

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Well, if you take it as a ratio considering the installbase of each platform, then Xbox would be a lot closer. If it is the case that PS4 is more than double Xbox One sales, then the attach rate is higher on Xbox One.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@-Damien- said:

yup PS4 dominates

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#45  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

@lostrib said:

That, and Ubi pissed off so many Nintendo fans over how they handled Rayman Legends.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@I_can_haz said:

@Shielder7 said:

#SDC2014

so what your point

Key word here is "was". PS4 wasn't around last quarter anyways so you fail trying to compare PS4 and PC using last quarter numbers.

"Bu...bu...but....teh PC have dominate too!!1"

#SDC2014

You must not have read what I said because I wasn't comparing PS4 and PC

We were calming pc was always suppose to be number 1?

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Watch Dogs is a fun game....I like it a lot and I didn't think I would. Looks like shit though.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@chikenfriedrice: The game looks great, best looking open world game besides Infamous SS.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@chikenfriedrice: The game looks great, best looking open world game besides Infamous SS.

Infamous SS looks way better even though its not as "open-world" as WD