Ubi is overdoing the shoehorning of 'alternate gender identities'..

• 133 results
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

The ancient greeks were pretty into anything-goes sex in all perfect honesty.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

You guys... take a step back.

Look at what you're actually contributing too. Both sides are contributing to hate of each other.

The reality is that most people don't care about your race, sexual orientation or religion. Most only care on if you're being a dick and frankly, most political debates are now just a bunch of dicks yelling at each other. I'm sure someone here can post a sketch of what that looks like for some laughs but I'm being serious.

All of this back and forth has divided America and make no mistake, we are on the verge of a second civil war.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Telekill

@tryit: So what you're saying is you're willing to go to war and see thousands killed rather than try and work things out? Keep in mind, you won't get to choose who dies in war.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts
@Telekill said:

Look at what you're actually contributing too. Both sides are contributing to hate of each other.

The reality is that most people don't care about your race, sexual orientation or religion. Most only care on if you're being a dick and frankly, most political debates are now just a bunch of dicks yelling at each other. I'm sure someone here can post a sketch of what that looks like for some laughs but I'm being serious.

All of this back and forth has divided America and make no mistake, we are on the verge of a second civil war.

Your points don't really mesh well. If most people don't care about your race, sexual orientation or religion, what makes you think that America is going to be having a second civil war over race, sexual orientation or religion?

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#56 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

The Greeks would pretty much **** anything that walked. So it really isn't surprising. All you need to do is look back at the history and it is pretty telling. They loved getting laid.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Telekill

@Vaasman: Because while most don't care about those things, there is still a large enough percentage indoctrinated to either side willing to start this war. Once started, others that didn't want to fight will be sucked into the war in order to protect themselves and those they love.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@Telekill said:

@tryit: So what you're saying is you're willing to go to war and see thousands killed rather than try and work things out? Keep in mind, you won't get to choose who dies in war.

well i deleted it because I thought we were in political forums.

but to answer your question, overall...yes

specifically related to gender in games only..no

I do believe there is a point in which common discourse is no longer acceptable

I will look for a quote in Darkest Hour as an example of what I am talking about

Loading Video...

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Telekill

@tryit: I sincerely hope that you only replied "yes" for reactions.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TryIt

@Telekill said:

@tryit: I sincerely hope that you only replied "yes" for reactions.

they will not respond to reason..peroid.

if allowed I am POSITIVE they would take this to Nazi Germany level all over again. its about power and control...peroid. not about reason

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#61 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58979 Posts
@tryit said:
@Telekill said:

I will look for a quote in Darkest Hour as an example of what I am talking about

Loading Video...

Winston Churchill was a racist who agreed with Hitlers ideals.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Vaasman
@Telekill said:

@Vaasman: Because while most don't care about those things, there is still a large enough percentage indoctrinated to either side willing to start this war. Once started, others that didn't want to fight will be sucked into the war in order to protect themselves and those they love.

I think you may want to step back from the twitterverse and gain some real life perspective. It's easy for a vocal minority to rant and rave on social media but the likelihood that any armchair politician and activist is actually grabbing a weapon for a full scale civil war is nil.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TryIt

@uninspiredcup said:
@tryit said:
@Telekill said:

Loading Video...

so what

at least he was up on which insults have been used against whom instead of random bullshit

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 uninspiredcup
@tryit said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@tryit said:
@Telekill said:

Loading Video...

so what

I guess what i'm saying is do some research before picking your heroes.

Or google the British Empire to see just how hypocritical that speech was.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TryIt

@uninspiredcup said:
@tryit said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@tryit said:

Loading Video...

so what

I guess what i'm saying is do some research before picking your heroes.

Or google the British Empire to see just how hypocritical that speech was.

several things

1. he is not my hero, i didnt say he was my hero and I really dont have heros because i am not fucking 12

2. I dont care what you think or say frankly

but to be clear i care if he was giving Hitler a blow job nightly, if he helped bring the man down that is all that matters.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Telekill

@tryit: The second amendment was created so that the citizens could maintain control over government officials and thus, the government. This is to ensure that tyranny doesn't occur. Plenty of conservatives are closer to the middle of the road politically and hold no ill will towards anyone due to race, sexual orientation or religion. They wouldn't allow a Nazi-esq state to occur.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Telekill

@Vaasman: Read Tryit's responses. There are many like him on both sides.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 TryIt

@Telekill said:

@tryit: The second amendment was created so that the citizens could maintain control over government officials and thus, the government. This is to ensure that tyranny doesn't occur. Plenty of conservatives are closer to the middle of the road politically and hold no ill will towards anyone due to race, sexual orientation or religion. They wouldn't allow a Nazi-esq state to occur.

oh that is some horeshit.

well not the second amendment part which is not really relevant.

Cons are absolutely positively not middle of the road.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Telekill

@tryit: Nothing that I say will change your mind which is unfortunate. I wish you well in the coming years.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 TryIt

@Telekill said:

@tryit: Nothing that I say will change your mind which is unfortunate. I wish you well in the coming years.

I have been around the poltical block likely longer than you have been alive.

dont worry...I got this

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Vaasman
@Telekill said:

Tryit is nutter butters. He is not an accurate representation of the political climate as a whole.

While I will grant that the current presidential administration thrives on conflict, discourse is being maintained among the whole, whether it is vitriolic or not. Politically motivated internal violence is an extreme minority, and thus far has mostly involved individuals with severe mental and social issues.Protest is still segmented, and riots are not common.

Granted, I can't accurately predict the future with any certainty, but thus far the divide is extremely tame compared to the original civil war, and I would hardly say we're on "the verge" of a genuine war between right and left.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Telekill

@Vaasman: I hope you're right.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Vaasman

@Telekill said:

@Vaasman: I hope you're right.

Trust me, I am a stranger on a video game board with no politically focused degrees, I know what I'm talking about.

But in all seriousness, it's far more likely that we have gradual changes to social structure, similar to the movements that happened in the 60's and 70's in protest of segregation, Vietnam, etc. This is hardly the first time the nation has had serious dividing issues that didn't erupt into civil war.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 TryIt

@Vaasman said:
@Telekill said:

Tryit is nutter butters. He is not an accurate representation of the political climate as a whole.

While I will grant that the current presidential administration thrives on conflict, discourse is being maintained among the whole, whether it is vitriolic or not. Politically motivated internal violence is an extreme minority, and thus far has mostly involved individuals with severe mental and social issues.Protest is still segmented, and riots are not common.

Granted, I can't accurately predict the future with any certainty, but thus far the divide is extremely tame compared to the original civil war, and I would hardly say we're on "the verge" of a genuine war between right and left.

clearly I do not agree.

yes the Vitenam war was horrible but I think between Bush and Trump those two eras actually rise above that.

but I dont know my history really well , regardless, there is a point in which if you are not paying attention and still playing the civil game that you will loose your rights and find yourself in a dictatorship.

You seem to think this administration is not capable or willing, I think they absolutely positively are capable and willing and so are the followers.

it helps to be knowedgable about the details of what is going on as well as the psychology of these people. by 'these people' I mostly mean the leaders, the followers are a mix between not informed, ill informed to sociopathic but not all of things for each.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Vaasman
@tryit said:
@Vaasman said:

clearly I do not agree.

That's great and all but I've since learned to stop caring what you think so what good does that do?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 TryIt

@Vaasman said:
@tryit said:
@Vaasman said:

clearly I do not agree.

That's great and all but I've since learned to stop caring what you think so what good does that do?

well it will not stop me from talking or replying so there is that much.

anyway....in life there is a point in which being civil with your opposition will no longer work. are we there now? I think we are, but to deny that such a point never under any condition never exists is being delusional.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Vaasman

@tryit said:
@Vaasman said:

anyway....in life there is a point in which being civil with your opposition will no longer work. are we there now? I think we are, but to deny that such a point never under any condition never exists is being delusional.

I didn't deny that though.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By TryIt

@Vaasman said:
@tryit said:
@Vaasman said:

ok well who cares then, just dont reply.

seems simple to me do you have a question for me? what exactly do you wish from me? if nothing then dont reply.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Vaasman
@tryit said:
@Vaasman said:

ok well who cares then, just dont reply.

seems simple to me do you have a question for me? what exactly do you wish from me? if nothing then dont reply.

You know, in this system wars land of conflict and trolling, all I really wish for is to be hugged.

Also I need about tree fiddy.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#80 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts
@madrocketeer said:

Ubisoft already made it clear the romance was for player agency as part of their shift into full RPG. You want to criticize the execution, fine, many people have done so already. But you are over-interpreting things when you say they are "shoehorning alternate gender identities," whatever the hell that even means.

And this is a game where you fight a freaking Medusa. Historical accuracy already checked out of the Assassin's Creed series and doesn't look like returning.

And has been for a while. While Assassin's Creed III is correct on some aspects like how both the British and Americans mistreated natives, other info was off.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#81 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69492 Posts

Some gamers are such cry babies. They first cry about people wanting diversity and that developers should be able to make the game they want. Now that the games don't favor their idealogy they cry again wanting developers to make games only for them. Just like before, developers don't give a shit about these cry babies because they just a loud narrow minded minority that is scared of facing the reality that the world is NOT going to be focusing on them as a priority.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#82 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
@freedomfreak said:

That's just Greek people.

Yeah, I thought that was a very promiscuous era? Didn't gamers cry about "mah historical accuracy?"

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#83 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9548 Posts

@blackballs said:

Oh here we go again. Why are conservatives so snowflaky they complain at pretty much anything that isn't white, male and christian?

If you weren't just a troll trying to stir the pot, that would almost be funny. Supposing you are purposefully flipping the script for the lol's.

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 3138 Posts

@uninspiredcup: “When I was a young child, myself, and many other young boys aspired to be like Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jean Claud Van Damme”

And you see where that illusion of masculinity got JCVD. People have realized since then that aspiring to be actual humans is actually a better bet.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 TryIt

@WitIsWisdom said:
@blackballs said:

Oh here we go again. Why are conservatives so snowflaky they complain at pretty much anything that isn't white, male and christian?

If you weren't just a troll trying to stir the pot, that would almost be funny. Supposing you are purposefully flipping the script for the lol's.

all of the above.

yes for a funny, and yes its also true

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By uninspiredcup
@zmanbarzel said:

@uninspiredcup: “When I was a young child, myself, and many other young boys aspired to be like Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jean Claud Van Damme”

And you see where that illusion of masculinity got JCVD. People have realized since then that aspiring to be actual humans is actually a better bet.

But Arnold Schwarzenegger is an incredible success in practically every-front.

Van Damme wasn't masculine enough.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Pedro

@zmanbarzel said:

Your error is trying to reason with someone who believe that Arnold and Van Damme are inspirations for adulthood. :P

There are too many self proclaimed victimize man babies that have the audacity to claim their a man based on their own standards. LMAO.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 TryIt

@uninspiredcup said:
@zmanbarzel said:

personal success is not something worth being measured by

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 uninspiredcup
@tryit said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@zmanbarzel said:

You should watch this, it will help you beat Vassman at posting.

Loading Video...

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 WitIsWisdom

@mojito1988 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

The leftists (both media are developers) are trying to influence the youth through hobby, so we don't end up with another Trump. Who's saved America's economy and gave the country an edge again after Obamas *cry cry* nonsense.

If they have their way, some pink haired Seattle resident will become President and America will last aprox 5 minutes against Russia.

Thankfully Assassins Creed was never good, and buying it means you probably don't enjoy games to begin with.

And the right is endlessly crying about creative work not going the way they want it to, while not creating much in the entertainment space (most of the entertainment including gaming is made by so called "leftists" , crying about public education, but to selfish to try to teach in public schools (most conservatives do not have the heart to teach in public schools). Lets not act is off the right is much better. Anything that does not hit the rights narrative is considered "Leftist" nowadays.

The right is obsessed with complaining, but does not have interest in playing to win in the areas they complain about? Mad about Facebook being Liberal? Stop crying about it and make something better. Mad about Public Schools? Start TEACHING IN THEM! (I know that will NEVER happen). Irritated with creative design (video games/art/culture)? Get into those areas and change them from within!

But no. The right would rather just complain about it and call them "Leftist"

The right and the left in this country are so far painted into corners that they cannot even see where most of America is anymore. Why anyone would care if in a few games everyone is sleeping with everyone else is simply beyond me. Sounds like the right is a bit too sensitive on this issue to me.

I always amuses me how the right claims to be so into individual freedoms, yet tries desperately to shut down alternate lifestyle choices. "Pray away the gay!" or "Do not let a transgendered person use the restroom they identify with!" are common on the right so would those ideas be called Rightist?

I say the right and the left are both complete hypocrites. Then again I disagree with both sides fairly equally. (one of the few balanced people that would actually say so.)

Trump and Obama are failures as far as I am concerned, because they both only look at 1/2 of the country and forget that they are the president of the United States, not of the Democrat or Republican party. I sure hope that someday we get a President that can honestly see ALL of American without endlessly bashing 1/2 of the population, and ignoring concerns of 1/2 of the people.

Such a person is practically unimaginable by today's ultra low standards, I know but it could happen.

I don't think that's the problem... I mean who really gives a shit?

To me, it's just about forcing things into media just to do it... just to drive home the fact they can. I am playing through AC Odyssey, and it feels forced... I mean the whole straight/gay thing. Personally, I would rather they just leave politics completely out of games. I have no problem with gay people or anyone of any race or color. What I have a problem with is it being forced into shit for the sake of it being there. People get so bent out of shape when things aren't "diverse" enough, yet don't complain when the shoe is on the other foot.

Hell, I'm sure someone out there complains about it all, but what a miserable existence... lol.

Nothing I am saying is racist or gay bashing, etc. Like I said, I accept everyone for who they are, but I don't understand the need to force things that don't need forced.

In games where you are FREE to explore a relationship with another character... that's cool. Whether is be straight of gay.. who cares. However, when they start forcing you into BOTH scenarios... well... whatever, but it's a little uncomfortable. That has nothing to do with bashing or anything else.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By TryIt

@uninspiredcup said:
@tryit said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@zmanbarzel said:

your not following what I am saying.

To evaluate other peoples worth by the successes they have gain for themselves is faulty.

personal success is just that, its for the person, its not something to be valued outside of the person (meaning others).

but you being who you are I doubt you will even attempt to try and understand what I am saying

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Pedro

@WitIsWisdom said:

To me, it's just about forcing things into media just to do it... just to drive home the fact they can. I am playing through AC Odyssey, and it feels forced... I mean the whole straight/gay thing. Personally, I would rather they just leave politics completely out of games. I have no problem with gay people or anyone of any race or color. What I have a problem with is it being forced into shit for the sake of it being there. People get so bent out of shape when things aren't "diverse" enough, yet don't complain when the shoe is on the other foot.

Hell, I'm sure someone out there complains about it all, but what a miserable existence... lol.

Nothing I am saying is racist or gay bashing, etc. Like I said, I accept everyone for who they are, but I don't understand the need to force things that don't need forced.

In games where you are FREE to explore a relationship with another character... that's cool. Whether is be straight of gay.. who cares. However, when they start forcing you into BOTH scenarios... well... whatever, but it's a little uncomfortable. That has nothing to do with bashing or anything else.

LOL. Why is it that the only time this claim of things being forced into shit is ALWAYS when the protagonist is not a straight white male? You people are so full of shit, pretending to be reasonable. You are not fooling anyone.

"Nothing I am saying is racist or gay bashing I just need a well documented reason and a approval process for any content that includes these types of people."

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Vaasman
@uninspiredcup said:

What happens if I watch it though?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 uninspiredcup

@Vaasman said:
@uninspiredcup said:

What happens if I watch it though?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 TryIt

@Pedro said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

LOL. Why is it that the only time this claim of things being forced into shit is ALWAYS when the protagonist is not a straight white male? You people are so full of shit, pretending to be reasonable. You are not fooling anyone.

"Nothing I am saying is racist or gay bashing I just need a well documented reason and a approval process for any content that includes these types of people."

and if a lead is female or gay that alone by definition means 'they are pushing their political view' (political view being that women or gays can have lead roles).

that is it in a nutshell

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#96  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts
@Telekill said:

1. You mean a third Civil War, right? American Revolutionary War was already a civil war to break off from the British.

2. A similar thing was said by Alex Jones, but if you believe anything that kook says, you're far gone.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@Pedro said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Well, you win the ironic poster of the year award. So congrats on that. I especially love how you pretend to know my intentions or who I am, and the ways I think and feel. I could start making assumptions as well... but I don't want to start acting like you, so I'll refrain.

I love how only straight white males can be racist, that is the funniest shit in the universe. Take a look in the mirror with your bias assumptions. You do realize that when you accuse all straight white males of being racist that you are making a racist remark with absolutely no bearing to reality, right? Surely you do... The only one being racist is you... talking about how horrible white males are. Give me a break, and give the white knight spiel a rest. All this while making statements like "you people" and then throwing the racist card my direction... lol... oh the delicious irony.

Everyone thinks everything is "racist" these days... but are too dimwitted to realize it is nothing more than the government/social elite playing you like a little puppet to persuade votes.

I could give a shit less what the protagonist is be that man, woman, black, white, native, islander, latino, etc. Sure, it feels uncomfortable to be thrown into the shoes of a bi-sexual character when I myself am not. It's uncomfortable enough that they had to add the option to sleep with just about everyone in the first place. That doesn't mean I'm not playing the game or losing sleep over it. These aren't relationships or even one night stands.. these are mostly the guy harassing people for on the spot sex. How is that gay bashing? I have absolutely no problem with gay people, but putting it in games where you don't have a choice, or the choice isn't clear... yeah, I do have a problem with that as it breaks immersion. There is nothing wrong with making it a choice. I am all for choices, and I respect everyone's opinion and sexual orientation. I just don't like when it's forced on me, or when my character has to ask every NPC he meets to sleep with him whether that be male or female.

Where did I say I needed a well documented reason and an approval process for any content? Isn't that the ESRB that already does that?

Also, "that includes these types of people"... really? I'm not even sure what you are talking about... the fact you have such a clear understanding of what you THINK I'm talking about (and obviously being wrong) does nothing other then to expose your true colors... so congrats on that as well. Stop putting things in quotes that I didn't say to suit your agenda.

I have white, black, native, asian, and latino friends and family, and I served in two combat tours in the USMC where we were all green. Everyone bleeds red man, so take your jaded views and attack someone else, you have the wrong person. While you're at it, take the bullshit you have been told and throw it away. Open your eyes and mind to the real world, and not the one that bias liberal media has spoon fed you. Not all straight white males are bad and racist people, nor are they the only group of people who can be those things either. Just because you want me to fit your skewed agenda doesn't mean I do.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Pedro

@WitIsWisdom said:

Well, you win the ironic poster of the year award. So congrats on that. I especially love how you pretend to know my intentions or who I am, and the ways I think and feel. I could start making assumptions as well... but I don't want to start acting like you, so I'll refrain.

I love how only straight white males can be racist, that is the funniest shit in the universe. Take a look in the mirror with your bias assumptions. You do realize that when you accuse all straight white males of being racist that you are making a racist remark with absolutely no bearing to reality, right? Surely you do... The only one being racist is you... talking about how horrible white males are. Give me a break, and give the white knight spiel a rest. All this while making statements like "you people" and then throwing the racist card my direction... lol... oh the delicious irony.

Everyone thinks everything is "racist" these days... but are too dimwitted to realize it is nothing more than the government/social elite playing you like a little puppet to persuade votes.

I could give a shit less what the protagonist is be that man, woman, black, white, native, islander, latino, etc. Sure, it feels uncomfortable to be thrown into the shoes of a bi-sexual character when I myself am not. That doesn't mean I'm not playing the game or losing sleep over it. How is that gay bashing? I have absolutely no problem with gay people, but putting it in games where you don't have a choice, or the choice isn't clear... yeah, I do have a problem with that as it breaks immersion. There is nothing wrong with making it a choice. I am all for choices, and I respect everyone's opinion. I just don't like when it's forced on me.

Where did I say I needed a well documented reason and an approval process for any content? Isn't that the ESRB that already does that?

Also, "that includes these types of people"... really? I'm not even sure what you are talking about... the fact you have such a clear understanding of what you THINK I'm talking about (and obviously being wrong) does nothing other then to expose your true colors... so congrats on that as well.

I have white, black, native, asian, and latino friends and family, and I served in two combat tours in the USMC where we were all green. Everyone bleeds red man, so take your jaded views and attack someone else, you have the wrong person. While you're at it, take the bullshit you have been told and throw it away. Open your eyes and mind to the real world, and not the one that bias liberal media has spoon fed you.

LOL. Which part... LOL of my response indicated anything about "only straight white males can be racist." Please point out the section that stated that directly or implicitly. LOL.

You proved a point that you claimed I falsely made all by yourself. Good job with the megalithic self ownage. Have fun with the "I have X group friends". This shit is hilarious you exposed yourself without query.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:
@mojito1988 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

The leftists (both media are developers) are trying to influence the youth through hobby, so we don't end up with another Trump. Who's saved America's economy and gave the country an edge again after Obamas *cry cry* nonsense.

If they have their way, some pink haired Seattle resident will become President and America will last aprox 5 minutes against Russia.

Thankfully Assassins Creed was never good, and buying it means you probably don't enjoy games to begin with.

And the right is endlessly crying about creative work not going the way they want it to, while not creating much in the entertainment space (most of the entertainment including gaming is made by so called "leftists" , crying about public education, but to selfish to try to teach in public schools (most conservatives do not have the heart to teach in public schools). Lets not act is off the right is much better. Anything that does not hit the rights narrative is considered "Leftist" nowadays.

The right is obsessed with complaining, but does not have interest in playing to win in the areas they complain about? Mad about Facebook being Liberal? Stop crying about it and make something better. Mad about Public Schools? Start TEACHING IN THEM! (I know that will NEVER happen). Irritated with creative design (video games/art/culture)? Get into those areas and change them from within!

The right and the left in this country are so far painted into corners that they cannot even see where most of America is anymore. Why anyone would care if in a few games everyone is sleeping with everyone else is simply beyond me. Sounds like the right is a bit too sensitive on this issue to me.

I always amuses me how the right claims to be so into individual freedoms, yet tries desperately to shut down alternate lifestyle choices. "Pray away the gay!" or "Do not let a transgendered person use the restroom they identify with!" are common on the right so would those ideas be called Rightist?

I say the right and the left are both complete hypocrites. Then again I disagree with both sides fairly equally. (one of the few balanced people that would actually say so.)

Trump and Obama are failures as far as I am concerned, because they both only look at 1/2 of the country and forget that they are the president of the United States, not of the Democrat or Republican party. I sure hope that someday we get a President that can honestly see ALL of American without endlessly bashing 1/2 of the population, and ignoring concerns of 1/2 of the people.

Such a person is practically unimaginable by today's ultra low standards, I know but it could happen.

I think people have a very hard time looking at things from other people's perspective. Video games have been forcing gay people to play as straight characters the vast majority of the time. If you feel uncomfortable, imagine how gay gamers must feel.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By uninspiredcup
@mojito1988 said:
@WitIsWisdom said:
@mojito1988 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

I think people have a very hard time looking at things from other people's perspective. Video games have been forcing gay people to play as straight characters the vast majority of the time. If you feel uncomfortable, imagine how gay gamers must feel.

Gay people obviously have had it tight, for sure.

But do you they really want ham fisted shit representing them? As a Scotmans, shit like Braveheart pisses me off, it makes us look good, but it pisses on our history. I'd rather have a morally gray representation. But that's too complicated for popcorn munching dumb dumb.