Top 10 console franchises PC missing out

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

From where I'm sitting the list looks like this:

1) Uncharted

2) Zelda

3) The Last of Us

4) Halo

5) Metroid

6) God of War

7) Metroid

8) inFamous

9) Little Big Planet

10) Super Mario

...its really tough to choose the top ten though, since there is so many franchises the PC is missing.

Maybe some hermit could take up the gauntlet and make a top 10 PC list?

AlCapwnUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 AlCapwnUK
Member since 2009 • 133 Posts

Non-emulator games, although I think counting emulators muddies the water a little bit. Does the PSP or an android tablet have the SNES library then?

• Red Dead Redemption
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Splatoon
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Bayonetta
  • Decent versions of FIFA/PES
  • Bloodbourne
  • Gears of War (although the first one is the best IMO and on PC)
  • Halo 3 onwards
  • Uncharted
Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53  Edited By the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts
@BlbecekBobecek said:

From where I'm sitting the list looks like this:

1) Uncharted

2) Zelda

3) The Last of Us ???????????????

4) Halo

5) Metroid

6) God of War

7) Metroid

8) inFamous

9) Little Big Planet

10) Super Mario

...its really tough to choose the top ten though, since there is so many franchises the PC is missing.

Maybe some hermit could take up the gauntlet and make a top 10 PC list?

Since you’re asking for it

1-StarCraft

2-Baldur’s Gate

3-Warhammer

4-Neverwinter Nights

5-Company of Heroes

6-Amnesia

7- System Shock

8-Vampire: The Masquerade

9- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

10-Torment

11-Civilization

12-Icewind dale Total War

13-Age of Empires

14- Wing Commander >> StarCitizen

15-WarCraft

16-Total War

17-Counter-Strike

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

The whole PC being 1 platform thing is just taking advantage of a technicality. Yeah, 1 platform, that has been continuiously growing since the 80's. An open platform where every man and his dog can make a game for it. A developers nursery. Even the underdog personal computers in the 80's and early 90's got more games than the SNES and Genesis combined for the same reason.

So in fact, it's actually unfair on the 3 8th gen consoles combined to compare it's overall library with even the PC during this gen only. Because there are literally like 50 times more (or more) developers making games for PC at any one time than all the consoles combined. It's like saying every actor in drama schools across the world amounts to more than what are currently working in Hollywood. Well of course there is, because these schools are open to anybody who wants to act. Just like PC is open to anybody who wants to develop a game. Wether they turn out good or bad is another thing. But due to the sheer quantity of games, there is always a good one that slips through.

Developers graduate from PC's onto consoles. See CD Projekt Red. They have finally achieved their goals in life with TW3. A 90+ metacritic game that has already shipped millions upon millions of units worldwide. And they started out by making PC games as a small time developer. Now, they are praised among Blizzard and the boys for some stupid reason. All thanks to consoles and the media push they bring.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#55 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58996 Posts

Sadly, Nintendo is currently the only good console centric developer, nobody cares about the Halo man.

Nobody.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9549 Posts

Most console and PC exclusives suck... a few are good, but who really cares? Just play whatever is best for YOU and be happy. Turn that frown upside down panda bears... lol

Or do like I do and just own all of them... whatever works the best...

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

TLOU is not a franchise. It has one game and one DLC.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

So much salt on both sides of the fence, it's kinda funny.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#59 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 are on PC.

Gears of War has a PC version.

Mario, Zelda and Metroid can all be emulated legally (at least the recent disc-based games).

There isn't much there to really justify a console purchase. Unless of course you need the most recent Nintendo first party RIGHT NOW!

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#60  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

lol racing games... Don't put racing games in the top 10 XD
And Halo... Gears... Half of those are on PC and they are part of saturated genres.
It's Nintendo games that are missing on the PC. Which is why you buy a Wii U when you have a PC.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#61  Edited By drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

Because there's no greater way to boast console superiority than the need to pit three different systems against one, am I right folks?

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@Legend002 said:
  1. Persona
  2. Fire Emblem
  3. God of War
  4. The Legend of Zelda
  5. Ninja Gaiden
  6. Mario
  7. Kingdom Hearts
  8. Uncharted
  9. Infamous
  10. Super Smash Bros.

better list.

Add Tekken, and Soul Calibur

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@nyadc said:

**** not given.

First person shooters...**** not given.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13666 Posts

Don't care about that list. If the Arkham series or Street Fighter series was only on consoles, I might care more. We already have all the console games I care about on the PC.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@bobrossperm said:

The whole PC being 1 platform thing is just taking advantage of a technicality. Yeah, 1 platform, that has been continuiously growing since the 80's. An open platform where every man and his dog can make a game for it. A developers nursery. Even the underdog personal computers in the 80's and early 90's got more games than the SNES and Genesis combined for the same reason.

So in fact, it's actually unfair on the 3 8th gen consoles combined to compare it's overall library with even the PC during this gen only. Because there are literally like 50 times more (or more) developers making games for PC at any one time than all the consoles combined. It's like saying every actor in drama schools across the world amounts to more than what are currently working in Hollywood. Well of course there is, because these schools are open to anybody who wants to act. Just like PC is open to anybody who wants to develop a game. Wether they turn out good or bad is another thing. But due to the sheer quantity of games, there is always a good one that slips through.

Developers graduate from PC's onto consoles. See CD Projekt Red. They have finally achieved their goals in life with TW3. A 90+ metacritic game that has already shipped millions upon millions of units worldwide. And they started out by making PC games as a small time developer. Now, they are praised among Blizzard and the boys for some stupid reason. All thanks to consoles and the media push they bring.

1. PC is one platform. There is no technicality, It's seen like that on literally every game site/forum/magazine. All those games developed are playable on it. Oh and it's a forum rule here anyways, so deal with it.

2. Almost every dev is multiplat now. It's not just a PC->Console thing. In fact, consoles have lost more exclusives to PC than the other way around, which is why pc has more AAA/AA exclusives than multiple consoles combined. Just look at PS4/XBO terrible exclusive list for this gen so far. It's embarrassing.

3. You mean the CDP who are continually updating Witcher3 PC gfx, and are done with the console versions? How about PC exclusives from Cloud Imperium, Valve, Blizzard, Epic, Firaxis, Creative Assembly, Splash Damage, ArenaNet, Larian, Obsidian? How about Rockstar who just gave the absolute definitive enhanced edition to PC? Or Bethesda who give huge mod kits to PC and have completely abandoned the idea of mods on the terrible XBL/PSN? Special treatment for the King.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@drinkerofjuice said:

Because there's no greater way to boast console superiority than the need to pit three different systems against one, am I right folks?

And not just three systems, but usually bringing legacy systems, too, such as SNES, Gamecube, PS2, etc., like if emulation doesn't exist on PC and every consolite still owns every piece of console he ever had

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@walloftruth: Care to explain why its unplayable.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

So scattered across, what is that 7 or 8, consoles you can barely piece together a list, some of which are on PC? Oh noes.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

PC missed out on Exclusive 10/10 games, not to mention no recent exclusive GOTY in the last decade+.

Simple FACT is that consoles are needed to play the best games the industry has to offer.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Ant_17
@walloftruth said:
@Ant_17 said:

Because the controls are awful, plus even when I played it the last time (over 10 years ago) there was no one to play against in MP, so all you could do was play against bots which seemed to be just as good as the PC bots. Now that's obviously a huge problem because on PC you have keyboard and mouse which allows you to quickly aim, on the Xbox though you had super stiff controls which felt like controlling a tank.

So you compare it to the PC version , not console FPS in general

Have you played Timesplitters 2? If you have you will know that the ps2 controls are not good /Yet its my fav FPS of all/

CS on the xbox is much better for its controls compared to other console FPSs

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Ant_17

@walloftruth said:
@Ant_17 said:
@walloftruth said:
@Ant_17 said:

Because the controls are awful, plus even when I played it the last time (over 10 years ago) there was no one to play against in MP, so all you could do was play against bots which seemed to be just as good as the PC bots. Now that's obviously a huge problem because on PC you have keyboard and mouse which allows you to quickly aim, on the Xbox though you had super stiff controls which felt like controlling a tank.

So you compare it to the PC version , not console FPS in general

Have you played Timesplitters 2? If you have you will know that the ps2 controls are not good /Yet its my fav FPS of all/

CS on the xbox is much better for its controls compared to other console FPSs

Yes I have played TS2, it's one of my favorite first person shooters on any console and IMO the controls work really well there. Counter-Strike just felt broken, it's my opinion and not a fact, so of course you may feel differently, which I respect.

i never say its fact but i understand why you think the controls are bad.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

I can download a simple emulator and play every single Nintendo game pre-WiiU

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Mystery_Writer said:

1- Halo

2- Uncharted

3- Gears

4- Mario

5- The last of us

6- Zelda

7- GoW

8- Metroid

9- Gran Turismo

10- Forza

is this about right?

Edit: Removed Ninja Gaiden and added Zelda (cause it's definitely more popular).

So were not missing much, also factor in most PC gamers own consoles as well, its less common the other way around. So its console players missing out on better versions of the game and PC exclusivities.

All those games I've played, no desire to play their sequels with the exception of Zelda and Metroid.

Lavenders2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Lavenders2001
Member since 2014 • 58 Posts

So I buy 3 consoles to play all of these? I could buy a pretty buff PC with that kind of money. Then with an extra $60 or so would probably be able to buy about 6-12 AAA titles with the current steam sale or a metric fuckton of indies.

As others have said, some of these franchises can be emulated (I play some zelda/mario games on my iphone for christs sake). The rest most don't care about because PC offers better/different games in the genre.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#78  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58996 Posts

Having recently finished Resident Evil 2, with it's intertwined double campaign, it's quite sad to see Uncharted listed as top by the newer gamers, as this game, barely qualifies as a game. Standards have dropped my friends, very much so.

Perhaps you guys should just be buying bluerays? It's a cheaper hobby.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#79  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19553 Posts
@tushar172787 said:
@Mystery_Writer said:
@Jag85 said:

Does emulation count?

haha.. if that counts, then sooner or later, the PC platform won't be missing out on anything.

why would people care if you could play it 4-5 years after it was launched.. unless it was a classic.

The only consoles that haven't been properly emulated on PC yet are the 3 Xbox consoles, PS3 & PS4, and Wii U. And most of the franchises on the Xbox and PS3/PS4 consoles are multi-plats also available on PC. In other words, PC gamers are only missing out on a small handful of console-exclusive franchises.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

That list is just dumb, how many devices do you need to play all the Mario and Zelda games? Until Uncharted, Gears of War, God of War, Forza and Grand Turismo have bee fully milked (I mean re-mastered) you need at least 9 consoles and that's not including the mobile releases for phones, handhelds and tablets.

I guess there's a good reason why this thread was dumped and abandoned quick style.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts
@GarGx1 said:

dumped and abandoned quick style.

Kinda like continued online support for most console games.

Loading Video...

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#82 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@tushar172787 said:
@Mystery_Writer said:
@Jag85 said:

Does emulation count?

haha.. if that counts, then sooner or later, the PC platform won't be missing out on anything.

why would people care if you could play it 4-5 years after it was launched.. unless it was a classic.

The only consoles that haven't been properly emulated on PC yet are the 3 Xbox consoles, PS3 & PS4, and Wii U. And most of the franchises on the Xbox and PS3/PS4 consoles are multi-plats also available on PC. In other words, PC gamers are only missing out on a small handful of console-exclusive franchises.

yup, that was my point.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

1. The Last of Us

2. Uncharted 2

3. Metal Gear Solid 4

4. Uncharted 3

5. Bloodborne

6. Demon's Souls

7. Gears of War 3

8. Halo Reach

9. God of War Series

10. inFamous

As a PC gamer the TOP 5 games are a must have in my game collection. Bottom 5 are great but I'm fine with my collection without them.

theremixer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 theremixer
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts

Good thing that I couldn't care less about any of those games.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@Cobra_nVidia:

@Cobra_nVidia said:

So you feel PC gamers are "missing" out on games that sales numbers show they don't care about?

Halo is a must buy on XBOX, it is not a must play on PC. We're covered for shooters.

No idea about Uncharted, hasn't blown me away so far.

Gears isn't a must buy on any platform.

Mario is good stuff.

The Last of Us? Seriously? I play games, I don't watch them. When I see a review that actually treats this like a game and not a CGI movie I will buy it.

Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport are basically the same thing except Forza is better. Gran Turismo still uses PS2 graphics for some things, and the PS controller sucks for driving.

God of War isn't a good enough game to feel like I'd be "missing out" without owning a Playstation. Frankly, I'd enjoy Heavenly Sword a lot more even if I had to play as that ugly monster dude.

Metroid? I'm missing out on Metroid on my Wii U!!!!!!!

Didn't like Ninja Gaiden on XBOX at all.

Right, that's just a random list of exclusives with the assumption that Naughty Dog is "the best developer". Yea, right. Let's see a good strategy game or racing game, ND.

Unreal Tournament, Guild Wars, Starcraft, X3. the Sims (+ expansions), Cities: Skylines, Total War, King's Bounty, Sins of a Solar Empire, Age of Wonders, Endless Legend, Dragon Commander, Civilization, Spellforce, 60-144 fps gaming...yeah. We're covered.

wow lol. I wish more people would give Last of Us a chance. It's a great single player game, even though its linear and cinematic, you still approach combat your own way and can choose with weapons/skills you upgrade. Plus the multiplayer is addicting and amazing, I've played it daily on PS3/PS4 for almost 2 years now.

Crash Team Racing was a good Naughty Dog racing game :D

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I'm always confused by these kinds of arguments. Consoles are not THAT expensive, either is a good PC anymore. If you have a job you can have all three current gen consoles and a good PC so you miss out on NOTHING.

I personally skipped the Wii U because literally nothing on that platform interests me even vaguely but for people into it, it's not a great expense.

If you're a gamer, missing out on big exclusives is a big deal. If you're an elitist prick or a pathetic fanboy well, games are less important to you so yeah, carry on.

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

Not going to lie I saw the list and said no. Personally it is the other way around of what PC games I would like on a console.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#88 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

@Cobra_nVidia:

@Cobra_nVidia said:

So you feel PC gamers are "missing" out on games that sales numbers show they don't care about?

Halo is a must buy on XBOX, it is not a must play on PC. We're covered for shooters.

No idea about Uncharted, hasn't blown me away so far.

Gears isn't a must buy on any platform.

Mario is good stuff.

The Last of Us? Seriously? I play games, I don't watch them. When I see a review that actually treats this like a game and not a CGI movie I will buy it.

Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport are basically the same thing except Forza is better. Gran Turismo still uses PS2 graphics for some things, and the PS controller sucks for driving.

God of War isn't a good enough game to feel like I'd be "missing out" without owning a Playstation. Frankly, I'd enjoy Heavenly Sword a lot more even if I had to play as that ugly monster dude.

Metroid? I'm missing out on Metroid on my Wii U!!!!!!!

Didn't like Ninja Gaiden on XBOX at all.

Right, that's just a random list of exclusives with the assumption that Naughty Dog is "the best developer". Yea, right. Let's see a good strategy game or racing game, ND.

Unreal Tournament, Guild Wars, Starcraft, X3. the Sims (+ expansions), Cities: Skylines, Total War, King's Bounty, Sins of a Solar Empire, Age of Wonders, Endless Legend, Dragon Commander, Civilization, Spellforce, 60-144 fps gaming...yeah. We're covered.

Crash Team Racing was a good Naughty Dog racing game :D

That wasn't the type of racing game I had in mind.

Let's not split hairs though, a victory is a victory!