Titanfall can't slow down PS4 in the US.

• 152 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@I_can_haz said:
@tdkmillsy said:

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

I can't see this game becoming much of a system seller when it's also available on two other platforms, one of which being way cheaper and the other offering a far more superior version of the same game.

Far Superior???

If you can spend twice as much as the Xbox One maybe and then you will get better resolution (FPS is fast enough for any higher it not to count).

Nobody knows what the 360 version will be like but it wont be as good.

The best way to play for the money is on Xbox one. Best controller best, best cloud and best features to go along side it.

Considering the Xbone version is at 792p with frame drops to 35fps when you're in the Titan I'd say the PC version is far superior. Unless you're an Xboner I don't see how me running this game at 1200p/60fps isn't a far superior experience to the 792p/35fps Xbone version.

As I said if you had the money you could run all games on PC better than Xbox One or PS4. What is your point.

Using beta version is lame, they already said they pushing hard for 900p and you know fps will be better. But if you actually played it on Xbox One you would know the beta was a blast and the resolution or fps was good enough for those that played not to care.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@kingtito said:

@bforrester420 said:

I looked on Amazon just a few moments ago and the Titanfall bundle is only one position ahead of the PS4, which is (of course) currently out of stock.

I take it the TF bundle is in stock?

Why use the "out of stock" excuse for the PS4 when neither is currently in?

Of course it isn't in stock, they're running pre-orders.

You can't buy a PS4 when it isn't in stock.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#103 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

I can't see this game becoming much of a system seller when it's also available on two other platforms, one of which being way cheaper and the other offering a far more superior version of the same game.

Far Superior???

If you can spend twice as much as the Xbox One maybe and then you will get better resolution (FPS is fast enough for any higher it not to count).

The best way to play for the money is on Xbox one. Best controller best, best cloud and best features to go along side it.

So your telling me the best way to play is to spend 500 dollars when most modern PCs can run it, you can use the best controller out there (360 controller) Cloud stuff should be available via EAs servers for the game. I don't see why they would host and pay the insane amount of money to run servers for 3 different versions and all the features the one has Origin and the PC have and continue to have.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

i dont see how this game can be an XBOXONE "system seller" when its on the 360 and PC also. pretty sure most people will just just buy this game on a system that they already own rather then coughing up $500 for an XB1 just to play this game.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
@FinalFighters said:

i dont see how this game can be an XBOXONE "system seller" when its on the 360 and PC also. pretty sure most people will just just buy this game on a system that they already own rather then coughing up $500 for an XB1 just to play this game.

Sure it can be. The PS4 and Xbone system sellers were CoD Ghosts, BF4 and AC4... Lol at that Infamous "bundle" doing work though wtf

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

@I_can_haz said:
@tdkmillsy said:

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

Far Superior???

Considering the Xbone version is at 792p with frame drops to 35fps when you're in the Titan I'd say the PC version is far superior. Unless you're an Xboner I don't see how me running this game at 1200p/60fps isn't a far superior experience to the 792p/35fps Xbone version.

As I said if you had the money you could run all games on PC better than Xbox One or PS4. What is your point.

Using beta version is lame, they already said they pushing hard for 900p and you know fps will be better. But if you actually played it on Xbox One you would know the beta was a blast and the resolution or fps was good enough for those that played not to care.

It doesn't cost a lot to run titanfall. And I'm not sure we're you're getting this Best cloud, best features, best controller thing from.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 lostrib

@Animal-Mother said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

Far Superior???

So your telling me the best way to play is to spend 500 dollars when most modern PCs can run it, you can use the best controller out there (360 controller) Cloud stuff should be available via EAs servers for the game. I don't see why they would host and pay the insane amount of money to run servers for 3 different versions and all the features the one has Origin and the PC have and continue to have.

pretty sure both versions of the game run off the azure servers, the EA servers are probably just for download of the game

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

@I_can_haz said:
@tdkmillsy said:

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

Far Superior???

It doesn't cost anything to run Titanfall. Any average PC can run it, it's a source engine game.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

Like ive been saying, folks are hyping titanfall way too much. It may have won a lot of e3 awards...but its not generating the demand. Infamous, on the other hand, has huge demand.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 lostrib

@xboxdone74 said:

Like ive been saying, folks are hyping titanfall way too much. It may have won a lot of e3 awards...but its not generating the demand. Infamous, on the other hand, has huge demand.

evidence would suggest otherwise

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 XboxDone74

@Stevo_the_gamer: lately? U must be new here.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

We're resorting to looking at top sellers at Game stop to gauge sales now? Strong obsession with sales lately.

sales and resolution because cows have no games.

Well it could be worse my lemming friend,the xbox one doesn't have the resolution,the sales and the games either.

@StormyJoe said:

Changing your story, I see...

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ign-titanfall-will-be-an-xbox-one-system-seller-31052691/#100

Oh but it isn't now... The game is been given free to new owners so it is as irrelevant as Wii sport was.

So how you can say that titan fall move consoles when it is been bundle with every unit.? Apparently EA and MS didn't have as much faith you have on the game moving console,so now MS will claim that Titanfall moved units..lol

@NFJSupreme said:

Titanfall will be a huge success. Cows will claim they will play it on their pc but we all know they have shitty pcs and are not going to pay $60 to play on their shitty pc. Nope they are just going to be jelly.

Thats funny because the spec requirement for this game are a piece of sh** dual core and 8800TGX.lol

Even a $90 dollar GPU can play this game great,hell a $120 one will play it better than the xbox one if you already have a PC,If you have it.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By XboxDone74

@lostrib said:

@xboxdone74 said:

evidence would suggest otherwise

I Know, right?

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/25/infamous-second-son-569-96-ps4-bundle-instantly-tops-gamestops-best-sellers-ranking/

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#114  Edited By jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

Gaming websites are really pushing Titianfall. Gamespot has had it all over the front page for a month. I wonder how much M$ is paying them for it. I have a feeling it's not going to be enough. People are more interested in the PS4. Can you blame them after the DRM debacle M$ created not to mention the Xboner is $100 more. I call it the Xboner because thats what it is. M$ tried to screw us with.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

It's a good deal bro. Same with Titanfall bundle.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

It's so hilarious to witness how scared of TitanFall cows are. Truly entertaining.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#117 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

I would definitely get the infamous bundle over the titanfall anytime but i disagree with what you said .... I think titanfall will push the X1 to the point where it could match the PS4 sales in the US .... that's how US gamers mentality works ... no judging, but I hate their taste in games sometimes.

systemdefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 systemdefender
Member since 2014 • 49 Posts

Thing is, I can get Titanfall on my PC, and don't have to pay for online play. That wasn't hard!

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

Can't slow down PS4, maybe. Drive Xbox One sale, definitely.

SW doesn't get it that most people have no interest in owning a desktop or playing more involved games on a laptop. Most people prefers to play console games in their living room on their big TV.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@systemdefender said:

Thing is, I can get Titanfall on my PC, and don't have to pay for online play. That wasn't hard!

Yes you can. But some people dont play games on PC. They may buy the X1 because they were going to get a new console anyways, and they want to play Titanfall.

If people were not planning or even considering buying a new console, then they will play it on their 360's

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#121 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Well that''s fine, unlike some Sony fanboys here, I wouldn't get any pleasure from seeing the "other console" slow down in sales....I'm really excited for TitanFall because I love online multiplayer games, and I really enjoyed the Beta, simple as that. I just hope the game is successful and contributes to making the Xbox One a successful machine.

I know this is the system wars forum, but I hope the success of TF does not harm the PS4, that's certainly not something I would want.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

You are joking, I hope. Infamous was one of the most boring games I have ever played!

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 XboxDone74

@rrjim1 said:

@xboxdone74 said:

You are joking, I hope. Infamous was one of the most boring games I have ever played!

Because I totally believe you played it. Titanfall beta was nothing but more CoD. Boooring.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 lostrib

@xboxdone74 said:

@rrjim1 said:

@xboxdone74 said:

Because I totally believe you played it. Titanfall beta was nothing but more CoD. Boooring.

are we supposed to believe you played the beta?

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 tdkmillsy

@I_can_haz said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@I_can_haz said:
@tdkmillsy said:

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

Far Superior???

It doesn't cost anything to run Titanfall. Any average PC can run it, it's a source engine game.

What a load of balls

Average PC bought in the last 3 years couldnt run Titanfall as well as Xbox One. If you went out and spent $800+ you would get better but dont make out just because you can run it on a low end PC it will be the same. Because it just makes you look stupid.

Signs show its selling way better on Xbox One than PC or 360.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

@I_can_haz said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@I_can_haz said:
@tdkmillsy said:

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

Far Superior???

What a load of balls

Average PC bought in the last 3 years couldnt run Titanfall as well as Xbox One. If you went out and spent $800+ you would get better but dont make out just because you can run it on a low end PC it will be the same. Because it just makes you look stupid.

The only person looking stupid here is you. Sure if you buy Walmart PCs you won't get equal or better performance than Xbone but if you build your own PC you'll get far better performance than Xbone. The Xbone versions really is shit compared to any decent gaming PC from 2010 onwards.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 lostrib

@tdkmillsy said:

@I_can_haz said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@I_can_haz said:
@tdkmillsy said:

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

Far Superior???

What a load of balls

Uh, if we use the titanfall beta as an indication of performance it would not take much to beat the x1. Gamespot found that the 750ti could do Titanfall beta at 1080p/~60fps and that card is like $150

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 tdkmillsy

@I_can_haz said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@I_can_haz said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@I_can_haz said:
@tdkmillsy said:

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

Far Superior???

What a load of balls

The only person looking stupid here is you. Sure if you buy Walmart PCs you won't get equal or better performance than Xbone but if you build your own PC you'll get far better performance than Xbone. The Xbone versions really is shit compared to any decent gaming PC from 2010 onwards.

You claim you dont have to buy a Xbox One because the PC you have can play it. Unless you went out today or in the last 3-4 months (6 months max) and built your own PC from scratch you would not have a PC that could play it as well. So of all the people in the world considering buying Titanfall there will be a few % that would have built a PC in the last 6 months that could play it better or similar. Your point about not having to buy something for most people is just wrong. Unlike people talking in this forum most of the world do not build there own PC's. So they either pay more or buy an Xbox One.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 lostrib

@tdkmillsy said:

@I_can_haz said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@I_can_haz said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@I_can_haz said:
@tdkmillsy said:

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

Far Superior???

What a load of balls

You claim you dont have to buy a Xbox One because the PC you have can play it. Unless you went out today or in the last 3-4 months (6 months max) and built your own PC from scratch you would not have a PC that could play it as well. So of all the people in the world considering buying Titanfall there will be a few % that would have built a PC in the last 6 months that could play it better or similar. Your point about not having to buy something for most people is just wrong. Unlike people talking in this forum most of the world do not build there own PC's. So they either pay more or buy an Xbox One.

Uh, it does not take a very powerful card to run Titanfall, and run it better than X1. Try educating yourself

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 tdkmillsy

@lostrib said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@I_can_haz said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@I_can_haz said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@I_can_haz said:
@tdkmillsy said:

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

Far Superior???

What a load of balls

Uh, it does not take a very powerful card to run Titanfall, and run it better than X1. Try educating yourself

You cant put a gpu in a laptop or in a machine bought from a shop that still under warranty or if you dont know how. Which is the majority of PC owners out there. I think your the one that needs to have think before responding.

While you are having a think have look at the best seller charts from any shop from any country. Titanfall is selling loads more pre-orders on Xbox One than PC. Yes you can run Titanfall on some PC's, yes you can upgrade you PC if you know how. But the majority of the world are buying it for Xbox One, because they cant upgrade or dont have the PC or simply dont look at a PC as a games console.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 lostrib

@tdkmillsy said:

@lostrib said:

You cant put a gpu in a laptop or in a machine bought from a shop that still under warranty or if you dont know how. Which is the majority of PC owners out there. I think your the one that needs to have think before responding.

While you are having a think have look at the best seller charts from any shop from any country. Titanfall is selling loads more pre-orders on Xbox One than PC. Yes you can run Titanfall on some PC's, yes you can upgrade you PC if you know how. But the majority of the world are buying it for Xbox One, because they cant upgrade or dont have the PC or simply dont look at a PC as a games console.

Would it really matter if I took the time to explain how you're wrong, or will you just continue to bury your head in the ground?

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By tdkmillsy

@lostrib said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@lostrib said:

Would it really matter if I took the time to explain how you're wrong, or will you just continue to bury your head in the ground?

Oh I like the come back, please do explain as so far your one liners have been so entertaining. Explain to me why Titanfall is selling miles better on Xbox One than PC. When all you need is any old PC to play.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Eh. South Park is the game to get this month IMO :P Everything else can wait.

Tuesday, man, Tuesday. I'm getting the collector's edition!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By lostrib

@tdkmillsy: I will take that as a no

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 lostrib

@clone01: the Grand Wizard!

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

I hope Titanfall is amazing, I hope it's so good it makes Sony have to work harder. I've always had playstation consoles but cheer for the Xbox, a killer app would be great because then Sony would have huge pressure on them to match. Go Titanfall go, please finally have a good console game this gen

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 tdkmillsy

@lostrib said:

Because you cant.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#139 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

At last count the Xbox One was less than 450,000 units away from parring with the PS4 numbers in the U.S. what kind of gap do you think there is?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 lostrib

@tdkmillsy said:

@lostrib said:

Because you cant.

Because no matter what i say is not going to change what you think

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 tdkmillsy

@lostrib said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@lostrib said:

Because you cant.

Because no matter what i say is not going to change what you think

If you provided proof I would, but the problem is you cant.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#142 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Doesn't really surprise me tbh

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 tormentos

@tdkmillsy said:

The PS4 is a little harder to top on PC with a small budget,but the xbox one is another 2 cents,with Titanfall inc included the xbox one still is $500 dollars + 60 of xbox live that is $560 which can get you a PC with more power than the xbox one.

But if you own a PC already this $97 dollar GPU will play it better than the xbox one if you have the PC already.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121727R

And contrary to what you claim mounting a GPU on a PC is one of the easiest thing ever,just take 2 screws,open case insert GPU in slot insert cable if need it,close your pc turn it on an install drivers,any one with internet can do it very easy,hell i had more work changing the disc on my minivan and i did it watching youtube.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 tormentos
@tdkmillsy said:

On laptop probably not those laptops come with parts that can't be replace unless the manufacturer do so,but desktop that is another thing,and you can open them and put your GPU without fear is quite and easy process.

The majority of the world don't even care for and xbox one..

@tdkmillsy said:

What a load of balls

The GPU on the xbox one isn't strong enough to beat several GPU from 4 years ago,in fact that line of GPU is from 2012,but even then the xbox one GPU equivalent in flops was low end back then.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/512?vs=536

The 5850 is a GPU from 2009,and can beat the 7770 in most test,alto not by much but it can,the xbox one has a GPU equivalent to the 7770 in power,hell it has been performing under the 7770 which can run Tomb Raider at 29 FPS average without sacrificing quality vs the 7850 at 1920x1200 which is higher than the xbox one is running it.

So basically if you have a 2009 5850 you can play Titanfall pretty nice and close to xbox one probably.

All you need to run Titanfall better than on xbox one is this..

http://www.costco.com/.product.100097444.html?cm_sp=RichRelevance-_-categorypageHorizontalTop-_-CategoryTopProducts&cm_vc=categorypageHorizontalTop|CategoryTopProducts

Quad core 3.2ghz A8-5500 (3.7ghz in Turbo mode)

$399 windows included.

With a 7770 or R7250X to match the xbox one,$30 dollars more than the 7770 and you will get a superior experience than the xbox one for sure.

The same apply to that PC and a PS4,just get a stronger than PS4 GPU,the only difference be the PC alone cost what the PS4 cost.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Titanfall bundle losing steam on Amazon UK. Bu bu but system seller.

This image is actually four hours old, it's at 26th now. LOL

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Dem tears

Titanfall > Infamous

Titanfall bundle > Infamous bundle

LanceSSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By LanceSSJ
Member since 2003 • 882 Posts

I like how yall are trying your DAMNEST to downplay titanfall. The X1 version and Bundle is in top 10's of amazons best sellers. Its going to be a good bump. not huge I think more people will buy an X1 or the X1 version then you all want to think

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@MonsieurX said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Dem tears

Titanfall > Infamous

Well done. I was talking about the bundle, you chimp.

Meanwhile the PS4 is at least 3:2 ahead of the Bone, if not 2:1

Titanfall = not a system seller. It'll sell well on its own, maybe 400k, but it won't shift systems in a big way.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@MonsieurX said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Dem tears

Titanfall > Infamous

Titanfall = not a system seller. It'll sell well on its own, maybe 400k, but it won't shift systems in a big way.

Titanfall x1 > Infamous

Titanfall x1 bundle > Infamous bundle

Still outselling in pre-orders

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 GrenadeLauncher

@MonsieurX said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@MonsieurX said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Dem tears

Titanfall > Infamous

Titanfall x1 > Infamous

Titanfall x1 bundle > Infamous bundle

Still outselling in pre-orders

Only game lemmings have, and they have no free thought so they follow themselves off the cliff and turn out for their limp semi-exclusives like Ryse.

TF bundle underperforming. Guess it's time for another pricecut!

RIP in pieces Xbone