Titanfall can't slow down PS4 in the US.

• 152 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Animal-Mother (27350 posts) -

PS4 Infamous bundles retailing for 570 dollars + a year of PS+ and an extra controller

The upcoming Xbox One Titanfall bundle is a brilliant move by Microsoft to encourage hesitant gamers to reconsider picking up the new console, but it might not be having as big of an impact as the company had hoped. DualShockers noticed that GameStop started taking preorders on a PlayStation 4 bundle that includes Infamous: Second Son, an extra controller and one year of PlayStation Plus for $570 (I’ll spare you the math: there’s no discount on that bundle), yet it currently tops the best-selling list on GameStop’s website. The Xbox One Titanfall bundle is sitting at No. 12.

In summation, we have what amounts to a free copy of one of the most hyped games of 2014 selling less units than Xbox Live gift cards and Lego games while an unofficial bundle that offers no additional savings has stolen the top spot.

No, this is not an indication of how well the Titanfall bundle will sell, how well either of these games will sell or how well the consoles are performing — but it is one more sign that the fervor over the PlayStation 4 hasn’t begun to die down yet. In my very limited personal experience, the Xbox One is far easier to find on store shelves than the PS4, which could be due to countless factors, but nevertheless is contributing to the panic every time a new PS4 bundle goes on sale.

This mania won’t last forever, but it is surprising to see a free copy of a highly anticipated game fail to make a dent in sales. We will be sure to keep an eye out on the results when the official Xbox One bundle ships on March 11th.

Granted there are more than one outlet to sell these things it's nice to know infamous is getting the love it seemingly deserves. I just hope it's solid and warrants being #1 on this list. Regardless can't wait to see the titanfall scores and whether or not I should pick up a whole new console for it or just my PC

#3 Edited by RedentSC (1236 posts) -

ohhh god i hope the lems don't run and hide from this thread as usual.... burned once again xbots

#4 Posted by shawn30 (4390 posts) -

Titanfall bundle at 10th, the game at 2nd. The US and worldwide should get the price drop IMHO. But long-term the appeal of Titanfall will greatly assist Xbox One sales. Its simply the must have game, period. Time will tell though, and the other competitors in the list are single games and online passes. Both Bundles are selling very well.

#5 Posted by Animal-Mother (27350 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Eh. South Park is the game to get this month IMO :P Everything else can wait.

South park is a great show. I don't know much about the game. :/

#6 Edited by RedentSC (1236 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

Titanfall bundle at 10th, the game at 2nd. The US and worldwide should get the price drop IMHO. But long-term the appeal of Titanfall will greatly assist Xbox One sales. Its simply the must have game, period. Time will tell though, and the other competitors in the list are single games and online passes. Both Bundles are selling very well.

Opinion.... therefor worthless

#7 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3588 posts) -

@Desmonic: YESSSSS!!!! Lol I agree though I did ore order infamous and TitanFall for PC

#8 Posted by RedentSC (1236 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

@Desmonic: YESSSSS!!!! Lol I agree though I did ore order infamous and TitanFall for PC

Infamous on PC? impressive

#9 Edited by Bishop1310 (1274 posts) -

whoa this is a pretty sweet thread bro dudes.

#11 Edited by Netret0120 (3463 posts) -

@Desmonic:

EXACTLY:-P I am hyped for South park, don't care about the score, i just want some CARTMAN AND RANDY!!!

#12 Edited by Animal-Mother (27350 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

Honestly I don't think it will hold the long term appeal we all thing. It'll have an incredible boost at launch and die down after 6 months IMO. Multiplayer games have become such a strong factor everyone always is looking for the next big thing and while titanfall will help the one greatly the next cod will be around the corner. I mean someone's goblin that shit down every year and those are people who continuously buy it year after year. I'm not saying titanfall will be dead in a year but the community MAY ( pretty big hail mary here) be substantially smaller than what it was.

#13 Posted by tormentos (26634 posts) -

Wow so not only Gamestop if forcing Bundles,they are selling better than MS lower price ones..

No only that at the 16 spot gamestop has the PS4 refurbished remote play bundle for $580 with has a Vita,extra controller,PS4 and a $20 PSN card.

And another PS4 at 57 spot.

The second xbox one bundle doesn't show up until 64.

The PS4 in the top 65 has 3 bundles all 3 on top of the second bundle of the xbox one,and 1 on top of the top xbox one titanfall pack.

#14 Posted by Animal-Mother (27350 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Desmonic said:

It's by Godsidian bro :P Gonna be awesome! Have you seen those first 10 minutes of gameplay? Looks really cool, everything seems spot on. Plus as an RPG itself the mechanics seemed decent enough (though this is where the game is more likely to "break").

Comin out here. I've never been one too heavy into "godsidian" games :P but no I haven't i'll go check that out now. The thing is my time is dwindling greatly as I get older I don't know if I can devote that kinda time now :(

#15 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

nice ps4 bundle. makes me intrested. but titanfall trumps anything sony got. and once titanfall release all the people who don't read gaming news and flock thrir butts over to the store and buy it. I knew shit load of people who didn't know what titanfall was now their bodies are ready! Two of which was going buy a ps4 until they saw titanfall

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#16 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Buh buh but system seller ;_;

#17 Posted by shawn30 (4390 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

Honestly I don't think it will hold the long term appeal we all thing. It'll have an incredible boost at launch and die down after 6 months IMO. Multiplayer games have become such a strong factor everyone always is looking for the next big thing and while titanfall will help the one greatly the next cod will be around the corner. I mean someone's goblin that shit down every year and those are people who continuously buy it year after year. I'm not saying titanfall will be dead in a year but the community MAY ( pretty big hail mary here) be substantially smaller than what it was.

Multiplayer games have that appeal to keep playing, hence the popularity of CoD, BF, Halo, Gears, ect, Multiplayer games is where gaming longevity is. Titanfall will no doubt be supported with DLC for the next year at least and its appeal I think will be very long lasting. The beta was fantastic and no way this game dies after 6 months. No way, no how IMHO. People always try the next thing, but they dont stp playing what they enjoy. CoD fans will enjoy Titanfall and Destiny and still play CoD, and vice versa. No one games kills the others. But the multiplayer ones remain the most played and Titanfall has a wealth of upside.

#18 Posted by Animal-Mother (27350 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

Multiplayer games have that appeal to keep playing, hence the popularity of CoD, BF, Halo, Gears, ect, Multiplayer games is where gaming longevity is. Titanfall will no doubt be supported with DLC for the next year at least and its appeal I think will be very long lasting. The beta was fantastic and no way this game dies after 6 months. No way, no how IMHO. People always try the next thing, but they dont stp playing what they enjoy. CoD fans will enjoy Titanfall and Destiny and still play CoD, and vice versa. No one games kills the others. But the multiplayer ones remain the most played and Titanfall has a wealth of upside.

I said die down, not die. Also yeah one game did kill all the others. It was called Call of Duty. A lot of developers tried to emulate it last gen.

#20 Edited by Animal-Mother (27350 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Desmonic said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Desmonic said:

It's by Godsidian bro :P Gonna be awesome! Have you seen those first 10 minutes of gameplay? Looks really cool, everything seems spot on. Plus as an RPG itself the mechanics seemed decent enough (though this is where the game is more likely to "break").

Comin out here. I've never been one too heavy into "godsidian" games :P but no I haven't i'll go check that out now. The thing is my time is dwindling greatly as I get older I don't know if I can devote that kinda time now :(

Here bro, I got you covered :P

And yeah, I completely get that. I'm not that old myself (just 21) but the more responsibilities you get the less time you have for gaming (and other activities).

26 and running a web series and hopefully off to grad school in the fall. I try to game as often as possible. I'm trying to put a course correction on my habits of buying and playing though cause it is a expensive hobby. Anywho. To stay on topic a bit did you get a PS4 or Xbox one? Excited for either infamous or titanfall?

Edit: Jeez louise it looks EXACTLY like the show

#21 Posted by Bishop1310 (1274 posts) -

@tormentos said:

Wow so not only Gamestop if forcing Bundles,they are selling better than MS lower price ones..

No only that at the 16 spot gamestop has the PS4 refurbished remote play bundle for $580 with has a Vita,extra controller,PS4 and a $20 PSN card.

The PS4 in the top 65 has 3 bundles all 3 on top of the second bundle of the xbox one,and 1 on top of the top xbox one titanfall pack.

Totally, Bro Dude. Your internet rebuttal was wonderful. What resolution do you see at dude?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#22 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (44839 posts) -

We're resorting to looking at top sellers at Game stop to gauge sales now? Strong obsession with sales lately.

#23 Posted by tormentos (26634 posts) -

@Bishop1310 said:

@tormentos said:

Totally, Bro Dude. Your internet rebuttal was wonderful. What resolution do you see at dude?

1080p actually...hahahaaaa

#25 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Desmonic said:

Speaking of Godsidian, apparently they're based in Santa Ana (southern california in orange county) and they're going to be at one of the gamestops in Irvine for the release. Thought that was pretty cool

...why did I think leaving socal was a good idea...

#26 Posted by tyloss (846 posts) -

Did anyone actually believe TitanFall would have a meaningful impact.

Call of Duty will always be the reigning champion in the popularity of fps's. TitanFall won't change that anytime soon.

#27 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@Desmonic said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Desmonic said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Desmonic said:

And yeah, I completely get that. I'm not that old myself (just 21) but the more responsibilities you get the less time you have for gaming (and other activities).

26 and running a web series and hopefully off to grad school in the fall. I try to game as often as possible. I'm trying to put a course correction on my habits of buying and playing though cause it is a expensive hobby. Anywho. To stay on topic a bit did you get a PS4 or Xbox one? Excited for either infamous or titanfall?

Grad school...you poor bastard

#28 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3588 posts) -

@RedentSC: no TitanFall on PC I have infamous pre ordered on my PS4 if you wanted a better classification in my sentences

#29 Edited by Animal-Mother (27350 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer: At least here on the east cost it is the only game specific retailer. I mean here in the US how many ways can you think about buying a console through a retailer?

At least for me here in NY Gamespot, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Costco (strictly brick and mortar, there are also one off stores, but most consumers don't buy big ticket items from stores like that as they can be shady).

And to my knowledge Gamestop is one of the biggest if not THE biggest brick and mortar retailer specifically for games in the US (granted it's seemingly been dropping).
So yeah that does help gauge sales whether you wanna believe it or not. Granted you have to take attrition into account for people who cancel pre-orders or never pick up the bundles and so on. But it is a gauge regardless.

#30 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@tyloss said:

Did anyone actually believe TitanFall would have a meaningful impact.

Call of Duty will always be the reigning champion in the popularity of fps's. TitanFall won't change that anytime soon.

It might, people are getting tired of COD and titanfall is something new with some cool elements and similar twitchy gameplay

#31 Posted by Animal-Mother (27350 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Desmonic said:

That's exactly why there is quite a bit of hype around the game! It looks like you'r playing a regular episode from the show! Which as fan, is f*ckin awesome!

Actually, neither (yet). More inclined to get a PS4 right now, but since I won't be buying one anytime soon MS or Ninty still have plenty of time to persuade me hehe! So far no single exclusive on either side has me that excited, however games like Destiny and MGS5 might push me to buy one of them sooner than what I'd "want" :P

Also, good luck with that man! Hopefully things go well for you! :)

Thanks!

#33 Posted by RedentSC (1236 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

@RedentSC: no TitanFall on PC I have infamous pre ordered on my PS4 if you wanted a better classification in my sentences

ahh cool okay :) thought you were a little insane there for a second

#34 Posted by Animal-Mother (27350 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Desmonic said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Desmonic said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Desmonic said:

Well I have to get in first. I have a general GPA of 3.40 (If it's one thing i'm willing to admit it's that i'm terrible at math and that brought me down greatly) But it's a long road to "Practicing Therapist"

#35 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@lostrib said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Desmonic said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Desmonic said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Desmonic said:

Well I have to get in first. I have a general GPA of 3.40 (If it's one thing i'm willing to admit it's that i'm terrible at math and that brought me down greatly) But it's a long road to "Practicing Therapist"

Does that require a masters or Ph.D in psych?

If you have to take the GRE and have trouble with the Math part, I would suggest finding a tutor or course that can help you to figure out the tricks they use

#36 Posted by lglz1337 (4942 posts) -

Titanfall runs on a dell mini laptop people

#37 Posted by Heil68 (57702 posts) -

Well with SONY living by the by gamers for gamers mantra, nothing is going to slow them down.

#38 Edited by MonsieurX (36744 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

Your point?

#39 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Wow, it actually looks pretty good, and hopefully the humor will carry all the way through the game

although i can see this game getting in all kinds of trouble

#40 Posted by Animal-Mother (27350 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@lglz1337 said:

Your point?

Is it worth $500 dollar when there are cheaper alternatives to play it?

#41 Posted by StormyJoe (7544 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

PS4 Infamous bundles retailing for 570 dollars + a year of PS+ and an extra controller

The upcoming Xbox One Titanfall bundle is a brilliant move by Microsoft to encourage hesitant gamers to reconsider picking up the new console, but it might not be having as big of an impact as the company had hoped. DualShockers noticed that GameStop started taking preorders on a PlayStation 4 bundle that includes Infamous: Second Son, an extra controller and one year of PlayStation Plus for $570 (I’ll spare you the math: there’s no discount on that bundle), yet it currently tops the best-selling list on GameStop’s website. The Xbox One Titanfall bundle is sitting at No. 12.

In summation, we have what amounts to a free copy of one of the most hyped games of 2014 selling less units than Xbox Live gift cards and Lego games while an unofficial bundle that offers no additional savings has stolen the top spot.

No, this is not an indication of how well the Titanfall bundle will sell, how well either of these games will sell or how well the consoles are performing — but it is one more sign that the fervor over the PlayStation 4 hasn’t begun to die down yet. In my very limited personal experience, the Xbox One is far easier to find on store shelves than the PS4, which could be due to countless factors, but nevertheless is contributing to the panic every time a new PS4 bundle goes on sale.

This mania won’t last forever, but it is surprising to see a free copy of a highly anticipated game fail to make a dent in sales. We will be sure to keep an eye out on the results when the official Xbox One bundle ships on March 11th.

Granted there are more than one outlet to sell these things it's nice to know infamous is getting the love it seemingly deserves. I just hope it's solid and warrants being #1 on this list. Regardless can't wait to see the titanfall scores and whether or not I should pick up a whole new console for it or just my PC

Yet, on Amazon.com, the Titanfall bundle is ranked #10, TitanFall as a game only is ranked #6, and I:SS is ranked #14.

That bundle is GameStop exclusive, which is probably why it is ranked so high.

A half truth is usually a half-lie, too...

#42 Edited by sts106mat (24167 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@MonsieurX said:

@lglz1337 said:

Your point?

that'd be up to the individual. if your friends are getting on XB1, you can see that influencing people. I expect quite a few PS4 owners to be considering trading their consoles in to get the bundle. i can easily see at least 100 - 200 hours worth of enjoyment coming my way on March 11...plus there are other great games in the pipeline. I think it's probably the biggest game this year, it will land with a massive bang. we can only wait and see really.

#43 Posted by Animal-Mother (27350 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@MonsieurX said:

@lglz1337 said:

Your point?

that'd be up to the individual. i can easily see at least 100 - 200 hours worth of enjoyment coming my way on March 11...

Can't argue with that.

#44 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

Nothing stops the SDC train. I'm gonna lol so hard if PS4 outsells Xbone in March despite the Titanfall bundle. Lems will be on suicide watch if that happens.....

#45 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16681 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

I expect quite a few PS4 owners to be considering trading their consoles in to get the bundle.

"Quite a few"? I'd be surprised if there was even one person that was foolish enough to do that.

Why would anyone trade their more powerful, harder to find console for a less powerful, more expensive console that most stores have overstocked?

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#46 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

It's hard for it to be a system seller when the system itself isn't very enticing

#47 Posted by jsolidus (171 posts) -

never understood the whole, titanfall being a system seller. Its on the pc and 360 as well.So i dont get it.I think its lems wishful thinking and its quite sad and desperate, but im interested to see what happens. . Im not saying it wont sell, there are a a few who are going to put down $500 for the titanfall bundle because they already wanted an x1 but i cant see anyone who already has a 360 or pc or even a regular causal running out to pay an extra $500 just to play one game they can already play for $60. i expect a bump in sales but for how long is unknown..

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#48 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

@Dire_Weasel said:

@sts106mat said:

I expect quite a few PS4 owners to be considering trading their consoles in to get the bundle.

"Quite a few"? I'd be surprised if there was even one person that was foolish enough to do that.

Why would anyone trade their more powerful, harder to find console for a less powerful, more expensive console that most stores have overstocked?

This is the guy that thinks there shouldn't be fog in 1800's london. Just don't even bother.

#49 Edited by blackace (23576 posts) -

Strange. On Amazon the TF Bundle is beating PS4 & Infamous sales. The Titanfall game itself is 6th compared to PS4's 11th place and Imfamous SS 14th place. The Ps4 has more sales then the XBox One in the U.S. I think the big deal is that Titanfall is free with the XB1 bundle. Infamous SS isn't free with the PS4 bundle.

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=sv_vg_11

#50 Posted by shawn30 (4390 posts) -

@RedentSC said:

@shawn30 said:

Opinion.... therefor worthless

Then what does that say about your own.... :)