Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@femtog: Don't need one, it's a basic fact :)

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

@femtog said:
@fedor said:
@femtog said:

Yes their will. They can use a series of new upscale techniques that upscale to 4k that will still look better then 1440p.

No there* won't be.

Do you have a link for that?

Yes.

FemtoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 FemtoG
Member since 2020 • 64 Posts

@fedor: They currently run games at 1440p 30fps. It's doubtful they will stop it if the game still looks far better.

FemtoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 FemtoG

@lundy86_4: Already fixed it. Grammar arguments are usually brought up when someone can't argue the topic at hand.

Chozofication

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Chozofication
Member since 2020 • 231 Posts

That demo looks impressive until you realize it's running at the same resolution and framerate as UC4 :/

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Fedor

@femtog: They sure will stop. These are 4k marketed consoles, not sub 1440p upscaled marketed consoles. This isn't even a debate.

FemtoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 FemtoG

@chozofication said:

That demo looks impressive until you realize it's running at the same resolution and framerate as UC4 :/

How does that make it less impressive if the asset quality is far beyond what we currently have?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Fedor

@femtog said:

@lundy86_4: Already fixed it. Grammar arguments are usually brought up when someone can't argue the topic at hand.

Basic grammar is key.

FemtoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 FemtoG

@fedor: The PS4 pro and X1X are marketed as 4k, yet most the games are upscaled. What leaves a bigger impact on the consumer? Showing a game that looks like that at 1440p or showing something like AC Valhalla at native 4k?

Chozofication

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Chozofication

@femtog said:
@chozofication said:

How does that make it less impressive if the asset quality is far beyond what we currently have?

I mean going from 20fps 320x240 on n64 to 480p on gamecube at 3x the framerate, compared to this..

It's impressive detail wise but it doesn't mean anything if I can't get 60fps out of the deal. And 4k should be a minimum if we have to put up with 30fps.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@chozofication said:

I mean going from 20fps 320x240 on n64 to 480p on gamecube at 3x the framerate, compared to this..

It's impressive detail wise but it doesn't mean anything if I can't get 60fps out of the deal. And 4k should be a minimum if we have to put up with 30fps.

This username rings a bell. Weren't you another user here with this name? Or maybe on another forum?

FemtoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 FemtoG

@chozofication said:
@femtog said:
@chozofication said:

The difference between native 4k and upscaled 4k with modern techniques is becoming harder to distinguish. Would you take UC4 quality visuals at native 4k vs those visuals at 1440p upscaled?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Fedor

@femtog said:

@fedor: The PS4 pro and X1X are marketed as 4k, yet most the games are upscaled. What leaves a bigger impact on the consumer? Showing a game that looks like that at 1440p or showing something like AC Valhalla at native 4k?

They were made fun of and criticized for it too, whats your point? The rest of your post is conjecture. And SUB 1440*

Chozofication

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Chozofication

@Juub1990 said:
@chozofication said:

This username rings a bell. Weren't you another user here with this name? Or maybe on another forum?

I was Chozofication and theuncharted34 back in the day here on system wars. Neogaf as chozofication but they banned me for criticizing a sony game, they're kind of getting bad again but in a different way.

FemtoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 FemtoG

@fedor said:
@femtog said:

They were made fun of and criticized for it too, whats your point? The rest of your post is conjecture. And SUB 1440*

They will have games that run at 120 fps. Those games will most likely be in 1080p. Do you honestly think devs won't have a quality mode for asset quality?

And the demo ran at mostly 1440p on an unoptimized demo. It will only get better.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Fedor

@femtog said:
@fedor said:
@femtog said:

They will have games that run at 120 fps. Those games will most likely be in 1080p. Do you honestly think devs won't have a quality mode for asset quality?

And the demo ran at mostly 1440p on an unoptimized demo. It will only get better.

The demo wasn't "unoptimized", just stop. You just keep making silly statements and conjecture, typical cow alt.

FemtoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By FemtoG

@fedor said:
@femtog said:
@fedor said:
@femtog said:

The demo wasn't "unoptimized", just stop. You just keep making silly statements and conjecture, typical cow alt.

Ahh ok so they got all they are going to get from it, interesting.? I guess I'll ignore the fact that the UE 4.0 demos on PS4 look like trash compared to actual PS4 games now.

The PC gamers on this forum are laughable.

Chozofication

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Chozofication

@femtog said:
@chozofication said:
@femtog said:
@chozofication said:

The difference between native 4k and upscaled 4k with modern techniques is becoming harder to distinguish. Would you take UC4 quality visuals at native 4k vs those visuals at 1440p upscaled?

Well, some upscaling techniques are pretty poor. Sometimes temporal anti aliasing can make a 4k image look less sharp than a 1080p one in the extreme. Less jagged as well, definitely, but kind of nasty looking.

In general, resolution is reaching diminishing returns, I can agree with that. But 60fps should absolutely be a standard with the kinds of cpus we're getting next gen. I wouldn't want it mandated, but it's kind of worrying what we're seeing before the generation even starts, with this and AC Valhalla.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Fedor

@femtog said:
@fedor said:
@femtog said:
@fedor said:
@femtog said:

Ahh ok so they got all they are going to get from it, interesting.? I guess I'll ignore the fact that the UE 4.0 demos on PS4 look like trash compared to actual PS4 games now.

Thanks for admitting you pulled the unoptimized comment out your butt. Yeah they do look better now than the UE4 demo, on the mid gen refresh consoles.

Not as laughable as you, rgamer old pal. :)

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Fedor

@femtog said:
@fedor said:
@femtog said:
@fedor said:
@femtog said:

Thanks for admitting you pulled the unoptimized comment out your butt. Yeah they do look better now than the UE4 demo, on the mid gen refresh consoles.

Not as laughable as you, rgamer old pal. :)

I did pull it out of my butt it's a basic fact. Games on the base PS4 blow the UE.4 demos out of the water. All the mid gen refresh consoles did was up the resolution about 95% of the time.

That's a pretty cool, thanks for admitting it. :)

That must be why Sweeney said they have been working closely with Sony for years to ensure UE5 can best utilize the PS5 architecture. :)

FemtoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By FemtoG

@fedor: I didn't pull it out of my butt it's a basic fact. Games on the base PS4 blow the UE4 demos out of the water. All the mid gen refresh consoles did was up the resolution about 95% of the time.

Thanks for admitting UE 4.0 games were surpassed by actual games.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Fedor

@femtog: Well I can see you're going to start anger posting so we can end it here.

Fedor: 10pts

Fresh cow alt: 0 pts

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#74  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

Current gen visuals are good. Not bad for a 5 year old game....

Another 5 year old game from this gen...

Loading Video...

FemtoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By FemtoG

@fedor: Not angry posting at all. Continue with your nonsense as you have failed to provide any valid counter arguments.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Fedor

@femtog: I easily refuted you, felt bad about it even. Like Jordan against child on the court, it was unfair from the beginning.

FemtoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 FemtoG

@fedor said:

@femtog: I easily refuted you, felt bad about it even. Like Jordan against child on the court, it was unfair from the beginning.

Like Leslie Jordan maybe. You haven't refuted anything.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Meanwhile on PC.

FemtoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 FemtoG

@fedor said:

Like Leslie Jordan maybe. Just a bunch of babble with no logical points. I can name over a dozen titles on base consoles that surpassed those UE 4.0 demos. So your argument goes out the window.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Fedor

@femtog said:
@fedor said:

That comeback, much like your posts, was shit.

Edit: oh my you kept going... And it only got worse. Yikes.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

One of the reasons the UE5 demo looked so good is because it used photogrammetry. We have some games available now that use this tech and the results are always amazing. Just look at the desert/forest levels in SW Battlefront 2. On PC with a few mods they look "next gen" arguably.

Lets not forget this tech demo is confirmed to be running on PS5 hardware at 1440p/30. Most tech demos are running on high end PCs. I think it's reasonable to assume games a few years into the release of PS5/Series X could look comparable to the demo.

FemtoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 FemtoG

@fedor said:
@femtog said:
@fedor said:

That comeback, much like your posts, was shit.

Edit: oh my you kept going... And it only got worse. Yikes.

Lol more worthless nonessential babble? Again why not address your claim about games not looking better then UE4 demos untill the mid gen refresh consoles came out... and then ignoring the fact all they did was produce the same visuals at higher resolution?