There's something wrong with games these days

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@TheEroica:

PS2>>>>>>>360/PS3/Wii/WiiU/PS4/Xone

Its not even close.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#52 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

Since the 360 we have DLC instead of expension pack, to me it makes many games feel cheap.

I also don't like many high praised game like Witchers 3,GTA V,

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58964 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

Gameplay focused games are still in abundance. Unfortunately they arent generally as marketable.

Very true, focus on cinematic flash, probably with a rapper man singing a tune with attitude.

Aside from that, major websites act as an extension of PR, they will propagate mainly console centric AAA games - Call Of Duty, Destiny and Battlefield but even with high sales pc centric titles without a insanely rich publisher behind them (e.g. Mount And Blade) will remain a blip, if even that.

It's thanks to new (new) media games like Minecraft, Dayz, Amnesia and other titles have circumvent these shills and flourished into the mainstream consciousness. Which, insanely rich Publishers have attempted to manipulate as their lap dogs as they do with IGN and most definitely not Gamespot.

Overall gaming is a waste of time.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#54  Edited By gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Nintendo's failure, Rehash Gen, and consolization of PC ripple effect.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#55 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Games have day one patches because they are unfinished when they release.

Devs flat out lie about what's in their games.

So many yank control away from the player for the sake of a story that's mediocre at best.

So many have the idea that a difficulty curve = throwing more enemies at the player.

Microstransactions. Enough said.

Very few games these days are worth 60 bucks and get good reviews because of hype and dumb users.

Gee, you think there's something wrong with games and the games industry these days?

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Another day, another thread complaining that there is absolutely no games at all this gen to play. Do you guys have anything better to do than complain?

PC gamers brag that they have 30,000 games on steam they can play.....but can't find anything to play. You PC gamers are insane.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#57 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:
@blueinheaven said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@blueinheaven said:

Thief? lol. Hilarious to see people holding up a game that encourages you to completely avoid everything in the game as an example of great gameplay. Seriously just fucking LOL!

Next Top Tip from Cloud and Birdbrain: for maximum fun turn your games system off and hide in the corner.

You sound butthurt. Take it like a man and contribute something to the discussion.

What could I possibly be butthurt about? I have contributed plenty (scroll up, read something else other than your own drivel) I am making the point that an ancient avoid 'em up in the context of this discussion is ludicrous. No doubt you will randomly list loads of random PC games in reply because bizarrely, you seem completely incapable of anything else.

Who's name calling here exactly? If you can't handle an opinion then stop visiting threads. You sound like a man child. Grow up.

Conan 360/PS3- "you scratch like a child!"

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58  Edited By Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

@robokill said:

@Lucianu: I have nothing against deep mechanics. I have something against deep mechanics with a lot of downtime and waiting. Eve Online is incredibly deep with hours and hours between the exciting gameplay. I have nothing against difficulty as long as the downtime and waiting doesn't outweigh the gameplay.

My recs:

• S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl (with the Zone Reclamation Project bug fix patch and the Absolute Texture packs for better graphics. There's a configurable menu that comes with Zone Reclamation Project, click here to check out its features. I recommend reducing the Head Bobbing effect, it was nauseating for me personally.)
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat (just grab the Absolute Nature 4 mod for better graphics. You won't need anything else, this game is very polished and quite different from SoC.)
  • Planescape: Torment (follow the instructions in this mod guide from GoG.com. The essential ones to install are Bigg's Widescreen mod, Ghostdog's incredible UI mod and the Ultimate Fixpack.)
  • Fallout: New Vegas - Ultimate Edition (download and install the NMC Texture Pack and the ELECTRO-CITY mod, I recommend starting a playthrough with these. But, of course, there are thousands of great mods for this game, so pick and choose to your liking.)
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (the quintessential Unofficial Patch.)
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga I & II (PS2 games are dirt cheap, grab them and play them via the PCSX2 emulator to enjoy 1080p and the choice of your controller. God damn amazing Japanese role playing games.)

That should keep you occupied with some worthwhile content to experience. Don't play any of them without the mods I listed.