cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#151 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Of course they matter to an extant. But this non sense in the article about Halo 5 quickly fading from view when it has been shown the population and attachment continues to actually grow for the best FPS MP this gen and yes I played R6S.

Article makes points we here have beaten to death already. But no need to lie.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#152 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@ronvalencia: See, was that too hard? Posting the graph on it's own makes for shitty discusion.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#153 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

I have a ps4 because the games are fucking awesome, not because it sells well.

I would be a bit upset if they were on microsoft's side though considering microsoft is kind of a scummy company relative to other companies.

But yeah, xbox has nothing so all is well.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@ronvalencia: See, was that too hard? Posting the graph on it's own makes for shitty discusion.

A picture tells a thousand words. Gamespot link already includes my point i.e. 26 million against 24 million. The graph backs up Gamespot link.

A Gamespot link should have ended 24 million repeated claims, but it doesn't end, hence I posted double sourced statistics against the argument.

PS; I'm waiting for MSI non-reference GeForce GTX 1080 Ti i.e. it's getting too close to the tax cut-off time period and I can't wait for Vega. I'm happy with MSI non-reference cards e.g. low noise caps/vrm experience. I have returned Gigabyte branded R9-290X back to the seller due to caps/vrm noise.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

@ronvalencia:

It's amazing that your typed words even read like a graph or chart.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Firstly Wii U and normally be followed by... Nuff said but here I need to go further for the record.... Mod MS/Xbox SmearCapmaign back in full force.

What happened, Bait & Switch sales slow down and you already done with the only game for the system worth a shyt and insult to injury, a multiplat at that. ? lol :P

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@boycie said:
@dakur said:

I agree 100%. Of course exclusives matter and anyone thinking otherwise needs a serious reality check. Every single gen the console with more and best exclusives won. The PS3's epic comeback was thank to exclusives. Even the PS4 selling well from the beggining had to do with its exclusives since people know that playstation gets great exclusives eventually and that Sony has a big focus on them. People say that exclusives don't matter because they sell less than multiplats but they conveniently ignore that cumulatively they're a driving force. Not all exclusives appeal to all PS4 gamers but Sony has realized that having a strong exclusive lineup with variety that appeals to different demographics is what makes the Playstation so strong. They have quality stuff for everyone. In contrast the xbone is known for rehashing HaloGearsForza and the rest are mediocre efforts. Even their flagship exclusive franchises are a shadow of what they once were and you even find the best versions of them on PC. The pathetic exclusive lineup of the xbone makes it highly irrelevant.

To be fair the PS4 exclusives were also pretty mediocre with shit like Knack and The Order for the first few years of it's life yet it sold 10's of millions. It's only quite recently that the PS4 exclusive have begun to shine. Having the best console version of 3rd party games like GTAV is more responsible for the PS4's success.

My point is that the Playstation brand is already associated with a strong first party/exclusive offering so people buy it for the exclusives even when the exclusives are not yet released. They know they're coming because Sony always delivers in the end and supports their consoles for a long time. On the other hand the xbox is known mostly for their HaloGearsForza exclusive content and, as that grows old, the brand also grows old, it's also known that MS support for their consoles gets cut up quickly something that doesn't happen with the Playstation thanks to its variety, quality and renewal in exclusive content.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

I think the bigger reason the Xbox One is struggling is because its exclusives are struggling. Halo 5 didn't set the world on fire. Forza and Forza Horizon are good games, but don't chart well. The new Dead Rising? How did Rise of the Tomb Raider do while it was exclusive?

Sony has some exclusive titles that sell very well and others that stink up the charts as well. But the successful ones do really well. Same with Nintendo. But even if Microsoft had an exclusive hit, they would still be behind Sony. When you have better exclusives in conjunction with the best version of multiplats, success is almost certain.

There are several reasons as to why the Xbox One brand is struggling far behind the PS4 this gen.

1. It started with the messed up launch, the always online used game restrictions, forced Kinect and Mattrick's comments which really damaged the brand image, MS CEO should have acted sooner right after Xbox One reveal.

2. Sony capitalized on the above and did the opposite to generate all of the positive buzz towards their console. So much so, that nobody even cared to complain about a PS Plus paywall being snuck in and quit frankly, it work lol.

3. The price tag reveals at E3 2013 were the nail in the coffin - $499 (Kinect) vs $399. With all the bad press storming the media, plus $100 more expensive and forced Kinect.. Of course people would be turned off, that's something gamers are never gonna forget that.

4. Marketing. The PS4 is everywhere. Look outside your window, there's one sitting in the corner of your street, stalking you. I mean seriously, PS4 has been very well marketed and has been consistently advertising its games, more than MS this gen. Even with major 3rd party titles, all the adverts are of the PS4 version, they rarely or never mention the Xbox.

5. Exclusives. Yes, this matters. It's not the only thing that matters and exclusives aren't the only reason that the PS4 is so far ahead. But they do matter and many of them do sell systems. The PS4 seems to have a mucher larger line-up of good quality exclusives this gen.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying PS4 is the better console to own or that nobody shouldn't buy an Xbox One. The topic was about one console struggling vs another. I'm outlining the actual reasons as to why this happened. It wasn't just one thing, it wasn't just magic. A series of events occurred that lead to this. Everyone needs to remember that first impression is last impressions, that's the thing both MS & Done Mattrick forgot about at E3 2013 and that last impression is something that gamers do NOT forget!

And very funny that Sony fanboys were attacking Xbox gamers about losing exclusivity to PC and then saying it didn't count. Now PS4 is losing exclusives to PC and Xbox fans are attacking. I'm neutral in that, I have all systems, PC as well, but people should never stoop as low as the competition. It validates what the competition did.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

2. http://www.interactive.org/npd/index.asp

**(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)

Again bundles account for 5 days of sales on NPD normal ones all month long,so the bundles sold were minimal.

And stop using the whole 400 million crap even accounting bundles and everything Halo they most need more than 3 or 4 millions units sold in 5 days to get there,and Halo by NPD sold 900k.

@VERTIGO47 said:

OMG!! YOU literally have absolutely no life at all. LOLOLOL!!!!

You went to look as far as 10 years ago.......10 fucking years ago....a post I made 10 years ago!!! to justify your pathetic BUTTHURT argument?

Yes i went to look 10 years post by post..Hahahahahahaa

Some of you are pathetic have you heard about google?

Hahhaaha you care about exclusives and now you don't you are a pathetic hypocrite lemming who doesn't care about exclusives now because the xbox one has shit.

@ConanTheStoner said:

Try reading Tormos posts in Morgan Freemans voice. You won't regret it.

Hahahahahahaa............

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#160  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I don't think exclusives don't matter in the large scheme of things as much as you think, Sony has done really well with sparse noteworthy exclusives since its launch, they've only since made their most noteworthy and dense contributions to that line-up of must have exclusive to their library since launch in these last few weeks. Not to mention, Xbox One has had a number of awesome exclusives and people really don't care for them anywaysl series like Gears and Halo are awesome still, they're just not the killer apps they once were. I'd argue Sony's major advantage is more in line with their superior regional marketing, Microsoft from many I've heard is pretty much invisible in many parts of Europe due to virtually no marketing to speak of. It also doesn't help how much Kinect probably hurt them considering the regional/language support for that, further limiting their marketing focus abroad, and their horrible launch, and the simple momentum this far in the gen is going to cause people who get a console to game on what their friends have, which will be a PS4 in every region. Only in North America is it even close and PS4 still has an advantage there. No, exclusives will only matter for Microsoft insofar as trying to find that killer-app that's going to turn the tides. I highly doubt they'll get one, which is why I think they're shooting for the Scorpio's power in shaping it up for the must have system for multiplats as their only real play they have to change things up. Now, personally, exclusives do matter, I mean, there are many great ones and I love playing them. Heck, it's why I buy every console out there. I still enjoy my Xbox One more, I find the ecosystem much more enjoyable to use, the library management is second only to Steam, and I find their vision of a digital system much more flushed out, even their Movies & TV store and Groove Music makes using my Xbox One the cornerstone of my entertainment experience. This is why I play every multiplat on it, and why I only bother to pay for paid online on it and it alone. I won't lie though, more exclusives wouldn't matter as far as their share of the market goes, but it would mean a great deal to me. And I find it perplexing they waste all kinds of money on things like their NFL fantasy football league app or their Minecraft acquisition but won't put up numbers like that to secure development of big name exclusive titles. Also worth mentioning, maybe their last big regional surge abroad came with the introduction of exclusive content to a multiplat game, those FIFA legends or whatever being exclusive to the Xbox One, that seemed to do a ton of shit, and I don't give two shits about soccer, but heck, I mean, wasn't anything exclusive in your killer app console exclusive traditional title kind of fashion, and it had a major difference, at least for a short brief bit.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#161 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

As long as there are systems with exclusives, I'll go to those over a system without exclusives. "Console exclusives" is such a bs term, every other system has actual exclusives.

PS4 owners must be laughing their asses off. Their consoles has been on the up and up from day one.

Xbox has been going from left to right since launch. What a shit show. Dump Kinect, dump exclusives, whoopy we'll just keep throwing you new SKUs. Hardware is not that exciting on it's own.

I have no idea why people just don't get a PS4 and a moderately powerful PC. The best of everything with two systems pretty much. How far can the excuse of 'ma couch' actually get you.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 HalcyonScarlet

@tormentos said:
@kvally said:

As long as Xbox and PS keep pumping out console exclusives like they are now, there should be nothing to worry about.

The xbox one is pumping nothing man that is what the thread is about,it has little going for it.

@Bread_or_Decide said:

PS4 was selling huge before it got a decent list of exclusives.

The best selling games are multiplatform games. Compare sales of COD to Uncharted and Bloodborne and you'll easily see that most PS4 owners are NOT playing exclusives.

So in short, exclusives don't matter as much as we think they do. What sells consoles is surprisingly simple and stupid. It's whatever seems affordable and whatever your friends are playing.

I don't know how well COD last year sold on PS4 compare to Uncharted but damn Uncharted 4 sold almost 9 million copies in 7 months.

That is what you think,and the PS4 since day 1 had more games than the xbox,and each and every year as well,you may downplay indies on PS4 but many of those games have being more fun to me that full blown AAA retail games,problem here is that people see games on a console from the same side they see their preference,so you like PC you see it from that angle but some one buying a PS4 not confined by your taste may find the PS4 more appealing,it may come to well i can get COD on any of the 2 platforms,but wait i can get also Uncharted on this one,or to the contrary i can get Halo on that one.

See exclusives do have a pull it would be hard to believe that between all those who own a PS4 even for multiplatforms there isn't something exclusive as well even if it is an Indie no one else like.

@Pedro said:

The last time I checked multiplatform games were dominating the chart.

Yes and why would i want a damn xbox one if i can get COD and FH3 on PC and even play free online?

Is sad exclusives stopped mattering to lemmings after this gen,i remember how proud lemmings were about their shinny high scoring exclusives back when the PS3 had nothing,i remember how for years the moto was the PS3 doesn't have anything to play.

Exclusives did matter to a point where lemming even use COD exclusive content as something worth getting a game on xbox 360 over free online play the PS3 offer on every COD maps that make it to the PS3 1 or 2 months latter.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/360-will-be-dominating-the-holidays-once-again-27446812/

Exclusives don't matter now because the xbox one has crap to play,and their exclusives have fail one after another to reach high scoring status this gen.

I don't even know why there are lems anymore, it's like being a fanboy of a specific dvd player lol. Don't get me wrong, enjoy your gaming device, but there is nothing to fanboy over with the Xbox one.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 HalcyonScarlet
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Microsoft absolutely sucks at creating games outside of Forza. They've ran Halo and Gears into the ground with newbie studios and everything else they try either flops or gets cancelled. Xbox is an also-ran brand at this point.

Halo is so overated. Halo 3 was the only truly awesome one.it was up and down before and after that. Mostly down.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Dakur

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@tormentos said:
@kvally said:

As long as Xbox and PS keep pumping out console exclusives like they are now, there should be nothing to worry about.

The xbox one is pumping nothing man that is what the thread is about,it has little going for it.

@Bread_or_Decide said:

The best selling games are multiplatform games. Compare sales of COD to Uncharted and Bloodborne and you'll easily see that most PS4 owners are NOT playing exclusives.

So in short, exclusives don't matter as much as we think they do. What sells consoles is surprisingly simple and stupid. It's whatever seems affordable and whatever your friends are playing.

I don't know how well COD last year sold on PS4 compare to Uncharted but damn Uncharted 4 sold almost 9 million copies in 7 months.

That is what you think,and the PS4 since day 1 had more games than the xbox,and each and every year as well,you may downplay indies on PS4 but many of those games have being more fun to me that full blown AAA retail games,problem here is that people see games on a console from the same side they see their preference,so you like PC you see it from that angle but some one buying a PS4 not confined by your taste may find the PS4 more appealing,it may come to well i can get COD on any of the 2 platforms,but wait i can get also Uncharted on this one,or to the contrary i can get Halo on that one.

See exclusives do have a pull it would be hard to believe that between all those who own a PS4 even for multiplatforms there isn't something exclusive as well even if it is an Indie no one else like.

@Pedro said:

Yes and why would i want a damn xbox one if i can get COD and FH3 on PC and even play free online?

Is sad exclusives stopped mattering to lemmings after this gen,i remember how proud lemmings were about their shinny high scoring exclusives back when the PS3 had nothing,i remember how for years the moto was the PS3 doesn't have anything to play.

Exclusives did matter to a point where lemming even use COD exclusive content as something worth getting a game on xbox 360 over free online play the PS3 offer on every COD maps that make it to the PS3 1 or 2 months latter.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/360-will-be-dominating-the-holidays-once-again-27446812/

Exclusives don't matter now because the xbox one has crap to play,and their exclusives have fail one after another to reach high scoring status this gen.

I don't even know why there are lems anymore, it's like being a fanboy of a specific dvd player lol. Don't get me wrong, enjoy your gaming device, but there is nothing to fanboy over with the Xbox one.

Exactly it's so weird. Lems are supposedly gaming fans but they seem to care more about hardware specs and software features than games. Weirdest gaming fans ever!

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@dakur said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@tormentos said:
@kvally said:

@Bread_or_Decide said:

@Pedro said:

Exactly it's so weird. Lems are supposedly gaming fans but they seem to care more about hardware specs and software features than games. Weirdest gaming fans ever!

No fanboys like yourself are trying to destroy the industry true gamers love . Anyone who comes to a message board every day to knock a gaming product is not conducive to making gaming better. Idiot fanboys are not gamers at all. Real gamers see good in all products and play all products because we ACTUAL like and love gaming!

Pretty much all fanboys SUCK!

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Dakur

@Xabiss said:
@dakur said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@tormentos said:
@kvally said:

@Bread_or_Decide said:

@Pedro said:

No fanboys like yourself are trying to destroy the industry true gamers love . Anyone who comes to a message board every day to knock a gaming product is not conducive to making gaming better. Idiot fanboys are not gamers at all. Real gamers see good in all products and play all products because we ACTUAL like and love gaming!

Many lems seem to love M$ more than gaming though. They even celebrate when M$ almost destroys and awesome dev like Platinum Games. They're mostly on the side of M$ corporate suits and not developers.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 HalcyonScarlet

@Xabiss said:
@dakur said:

Why? As long as someone is contributing and supporting gaming, it really doesn't matter if they're a fanboy. They're still supporting the industry, unless they're doing piracy.

Being against the Xbox One doesn't even make someone a fanboy imo, it's just like being against something that's redundant. I don't see a problem wih any other system.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

Wow you're dumb you trying to say KZ was a good game? Average at best and one of the few games anyone could actually play. You fail at reading comprehension. THe PS4 outsold the X1 almost 2 to 1 from the start and they did it with a horrible games lineup. Only an idiot would argue the opposite which would explain why you are.

Hahahaha no you don't. I've seen your PC specs and they're barely above late 90s PCs and don't even try saying you own a PS4. We ALL know you don't and you probably never will

You don't have arguments El Tormented. You have an unnatural hate for MS and anything to do with it. It makes your arguments as baseless as quack, Durhdurh and the troll TC that posted this shit thread. Go about your hate El Tormented, I'll continue to live the manticore life I've always lived

The PS4 4.2 million units in 2013 the xbox one sold 3.1 million units in 2013,where the fu** do you see the 2 to 1 advantage? I don't see it and Forza was there and scored 79,DR3 78,KI 73 Ryse 60, Killzone scored 73.

If you are going to argue that Killzone was average at best then i am sure you are ready admit all xbox games were also average at best on the xbox one launch,and no i don't care about your pathetic ass opinion so if you claim Killzone is average at best with 73 so are all those games on the 70's range on xbox one or lower.

What are my PC spec? Hahahahahaa

Please dude stop we know it you don't own any platform or PC all you do here is complain about cow and cry rivers of tears because people do not agree with your visions of greatness about the xbox.

So you're using a 3 month time frame as your barometer? HAhahaha what were the sales after 1 year? You're pathetic El Tormented and as I've stated, only an idiot would argue otherwise.....Q in El Tormented and I rest my case

I'll say KZ was average at best because I played the game but we all know YOU didn't. I can form opinions based on real experience, can you? Don't worry el tormented, it's a rhetorical question since we already know the answer to that. I don't look at game scores and base my opinions on those el tormented, I play the games and form my own opinion. Don't you wish you could do the same? All you have to do is upgrade your PC to above 90s spec AND buy a current gen console. Then you'll be able to join and backup your claims without relying on youtube and reviews but until then you'll remain the loser you've always been.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#169 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@loe12k said:
@goldenelementxl said:

I think the bigger reason the Xbox One is struggling is because its exclusives are struggling. Halo 5 didn't set the world on fire. Forza and Forza Horizon are good games, but don't chart well. The new Dead Rising? How did Rise of the Tomb Raider do while it was exclusive?

Sony has some exclusive titles that sell very well and others that stink up the charts as well. But the successful ones do really well. Same with Nintendo. But even if Microsoft had an exclusive hit, they would still be behind Sony. When you have better exclusives in conjunction with the best version of multiplats, success is almost certain.

Wrong close to 30 million gamers bought an xbox one thats not a console thats struggling to sell.

We know why Sony console sold better with the casuals. There is a performance gap, the PS4 had better GPU and memory. Never mind the TV and DRM helped Sony alot. Casuals who don't care about Uncharted or Gears want the console that play third party games the best.

Close to 30 million? I imagine they will be at 40 million at the end of this holiday.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#170 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@kvally said:
@loe12k said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Wrong close to 30 million gamers bought an xbox one thats not a console thats struggling to sell.

We know why Sony console sold better with the casuals. There is a performance gap, the PS4 had better GPU and memory. Never mind the TV and DRM helped Sony alot. Casuals who don't care about Uncharted or Gears want the console that play third party games the best.

Close to 30 million? I imagine they will be at 40 million at the end of this holiday.

They were at 28 million around the end of last year by most estimates. Do you think they will sell 12 million units in one year? That will be more in a single year than the Xbox One has ever sold.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#171  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@putaspongeon said:

I would be a bit upset if they were on microsoft's side though considering microsoft is kind of a scummy company relative to other companies.

Then why do you bring up what the majority are saying/playing as evidence in my discussions with you? More than I have pointed out that this doesn't equate fact.

Are you under the assumption what you call "fucking awesome" must apply to all other human beings?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#172 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Of course they do. Exclusives are the reason why I always have chosen Playstation over the years. Sony home consoles never disappointed me on that front

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#173  Edited By kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@kvally said:
@loe12k said:
@goldenelementxl said:

They were at 28 million around the end of last year by most estimates. Do you think they will sell 12 million units in one year? That will be more in a single year than the Xbox One has ever sold.

Actually disregard. I was thinking we were another year into the generation. The Xbox 360 hit 40 million 5 years in, and MS still says the Xbox One is out pacing it. So not this holiday as I stated.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

That's why PS4 is current gen 8 console leader.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
@ConanTheStoner said:

Try reading Tormos posts in Morgan Freemans voice. You won't regret it.

Goddamit you just won 2017 king in march. That just transformed SW for me.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@putaspongeon said:

Then why do you bring up what the majority are saying/playing as evidence in my discussions with you? More than I have pointed out that this doesn't equate fact.

Are you under the assumption what you call "fucking awesome" must apply to all other human beings?

There is a different time and place.

People playing a lot of something doesn't have any merit to it's quality or how much we should like it.

However sales plays a part with the business aspect clearly.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9728 Posts

MS needs to release more good 1st party games for the Xbox One.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

2. http://www.interactive.org/npd/index.asp

**(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)

Again bundles account for 5 days of sales on NPD normal ones all month long,so the bundles sold were minimal.

And stop using the whole 400 million crap even accounting bundles and everything Halo they most need more than 3 or 4 millions units sold in 5 days to get there,and Halo by NPD sold 900k.

I will continue to use $400 million value since

1. you don't have the authority to dismiss Microsoft's comparison between Halo 4 vs Halo 5

2. your bundle argument is a red herring to the significant digital sales.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

1. you don't have the authority to dismiss Microsoft's comparison between Halo 4 vs Halo 5

1-I don't need any one authority to post facts.

Halo 5 did not sold $400 million dollars to consumer it sold $400 million to retail chains,which where stock with halo games for more than a year,as the rotten meat prices on special edition halo games proved.

2-No is not MS sold few bundles in 5 days most sales were normal ones,and digital sales are not even half of physical ones so stop your damage control.

Quote MS stating that they sold 90% of Halo 5 digitally and you will have a point.

@kingtito said:

So you're using a 3 month time frame as your barometer? HAhahaha what were the sales after 1 year? You're pathetic El Tormented and as I've stated, only an idiot would argue otherwise.....Q in El Tormented and I rest my case

I'll say KZ was average at best because I played the game but we all know YOU didn't. I can form opinions based on real experience, can you? Don't worry el tormented, it's a rhetorical question since we already know the answer to that. I don't look at game scores and base my opinions on those el tormented, I play the games and form my own opinion. Don't you wish you could do the same? All you have to do is upgrade your PC to above 90s spec AND buy a current gen console. Then you'll be able to join and backup your claims without relying on youtube and reviews but until then you'll remain the loser you've always been.

But but but is just 3 months it prove how things were on the very launch when both had nothing.

I played the game to and i say it is good,now your opinion is no better than mine hypocrite so we go to the scores card and since Forza 5 got a freaking 79 it mean it is average at best just like killzone and since you are not an authority in games quite the opposite a desperate butthurt lemming who can't even admit to being a lemm,i say your opinion is irrelevant more people bough Killzone SF than F5 so for those people i don't think it was bad regardless of the score that was already known.

@kingtito said:

Nothing different that what you're doing now. You're butthurt because of the GS score (which is the only score that matters on SWs) so you're trying to bring in other variables.

This is you hypocrite on Forza 5 thread validating gamespot score over meta,on a game back then you haven't play so STFU and spare me your hypocrisy.

Gamespot score F5 9 and meta had it with 79 and you were pretty fast to take gamespot score as the one valid.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

1-I don't need any one authority to post facts.

Halo 5 did not sold $400 million dollars to consumer it sold $400 million to retail chains,which where stock with halo games for more than a year,as the rotten meat prices on special edition halo games proved.

2-No is not MS sold few bundles in 5 days most sales were normal ones,and digital sales are not even half of physical ones so stop your damage control.

Quote MS stating that they sold 90% of Halo 5 digitally and you will have a point.

1. Digital download sales are NOT stored in warehouse you stupid cow.

2. Again, your argument is red herring to significant digital download revenue sales.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@ronvalencia: Sorry bub but that $400 million was and still is bs, not sure what you're trying to prove here.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#182 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

Xbox One is struggling because of its initial image. Far too lazy to google the examples and concepts I'm going to use, but think about interviews/meeting anybody for the first time. An interviewer forms an opinion on said candidate long before any of the questions even happen. Xbox One shot itself in the foot during its original unveiling with all the dumb shit they said. Xbox One came out with no momentum compared to PS4 (which said all the right things). If you have no momentum, exclusives won't save the system (Halo 5, Gears, SO, Forza, etc.). Sony established a strong start and maintained that momentum with exclusive games and deals (COD maps for example).

I think Microsoft has gone through hell in attempt to correct those early mistakes. They have also been smart enough to try and differ themselves from the PS4, because if they tried to be the exact same thing, they would lose. Differentiating themselves with backwards compatibility, the game pass, play anywhere, different SKUs (Original vs. Xbox One S and its 4k BR, HDR, etc.) will hopefully work in their favor in the years to come. The Scorpio reveal this year is going to be a critical moment for them. The message needs to be clear (new system or extension of X1) and meet the needs of core gamers. Another misstep like the original X1, and its probably game over.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

2. Again, your argument is red herring to significant digital download revenue sales.

1-Digital content sold was accounted what wasn't sold was't,digital sales are accounted in the $400 millions as something MS sold,most physical copies were NOT.

The amount of units to reach $400 million in sales is huge,and NPD prove MS did not sold that,and in no place MS claim that digital sales were bigger than physical so even if we double the sames still doesn't come close to $400 millions.

MS did what they always don on holidays stuff the channels.

2-Again you are grasping and spinning,Physical sales are way bigger than digital and MS never claimed other wise.

Your MS ass kissing is a joke the same poster from NPD that you have being quoting on another thread to use for xbox one hardware sales stated Halo 5 sold 900k so yeah it sold badly compare to other halo specially Halo 3 which sold 3.2 million on a 13 or 14 million user base on 2007.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#184 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@vfighter said:

@ronvalencia: Sorry bub but that $400 million was and still is bs, not sure what you're trying to prove here.

Wasn't bullshit. It's a public traded company, they can't lie about things like sales

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

1-Digital content sold was accounted what wasn't sold was't,digital sales are accounted in the $400 millions as something MS sold,most physical copies were NOT.

The amount of units to reach $400 million in sales is huge,and NPD prove MS did not sold that,and in no place MS claim that digital sales were bigger than physical so even if we double the sames still doesn't come close to $400 millions.

MS did what they always don on holidays stuff the channels.

2-Again you are grasping and spinning,Physical sales are way bigger than digital and MS never claimed other wise.

Your MS ass kissing is a joke the same poster from NPD that you have being quoting on another thread to use for xbox one hardware sales stated Halo 5 sold 900k so yeah it sold badly compare to other halo specially Halo 3 which sold 3.2 million on a 13 or 14 million user base on 2007.

1. During year 2015, NPD was NOT counting digital sales.

2. You don't have the authority to make physical sales > digital sales claim as fact.

Try again.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 ronvalencia

@vfighter said:

https://gamerant.com/halo-5-sales-launch-numbers/

Additionally, the game has the “highest week one attach rate for a Microsoft first party title on Xbox One” with 12 million hours having been logged in the Halo 5 campaign, while 9 million hours have been logged in the game’s multiplayer with close to 7 million registered users.

7 million registered users playing Halo 5 indicates 7 million sales.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#187 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

In my opinion exclusives do matter. It is why early on in this generation, I preferred the X1. Now that Sony has both 1st and 3rd party studios making exclusive content for their machine, Sony has my attention. On top of that, MS has given me the opportunity of buying their 1st party games on my pc. This revelation has made their hardware irrelevant to me in the future. I understand that I am not the masses, but MS is saving me money on hardware. On top of that, I don't have to pay for online gaming with their Windows service so it's a win/win.

I don't think this spells doom and gloom for MS in any way though. MS has their fans, and they will continue to buy their hardware.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

As long as there are systems with exclusives, I'll go to those over a system without exclusives. "Console exclusives" is such a bs term, every other system has actual exclusives.

PS4 owners must be laughing their asses off. Their consoles has been on the up and up from day one.

Xbox has been going from left to right since launch. What a shit show. Dump Kinect, dump exclusives, whoopy we'll just keep throwing you new SKUs. Hardware is not that exciting on it's own.

I have no idea why people just don't get a PS4 and a moderately powerful PC. The best of everything with two systems pretty much. How far can the excuse of 'ma couch' actually get you.

Haven't you heard Sony is putting it's games up on PS Now for the PC, so the PS4 won't have exclusives either now.

Let's see if you bitch about Sony now, like the way you do about MS.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#189 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Haven't you heard Sony is putting it's games up on PS Now for the PC, so the PS4 won't have exclusives either now.

PlayStation games are so valuable hermits are creaming themselves over day old sloppy seconds.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#190  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@charizard1605: If you mean struggling that they'er behind in sales then that's not because of exclusives, it was behind in sales from the very beginning, because of the bad launch and the weaker hardware. The bad launch still has a lot more influence than you think, the more people that have a ps4, the more people that will buy a ps4.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By ronvalencia

@iambatman7986 said:

In my opinion exclusives do matter. It is why early on in this generation, I preferred the X1. Now that Sony has both 1st and 3rd party studios making exclusive content for their machine, Sony has my attention. On top of that, MS has given me the opportunity of buying their 1st party games on my pc. This revelation has made their hardware irrelevant to me in the future. I understand that I am not the masses, but MS is saving me money on hardware. On top of that, I don't have to pay for online gaming with their Windows service so it's a win/win.

I don't think this spells doom and gloom for MS in any way though. MS has their fans, and they will continue to buy their hardware.

Halo 5 Guardians is still exclusive for XBO. Halo 5 Forge PC build is different from Halo 5 Guardians XBO build. Unknown for Halo 6.

Forza Motorsport 6 XBO is different from Forza Motorsport 6 Apex PC build i.e. it wasn't a direct port.

Forza Motorsport 7 could follow similar pattern as Forza Motorsport 6 XBO vs Forza Motorsport 6 Apex PC difference.

MS is heavily involved with PC OEM hardware sales (e.g. Surface Pro, Surface Book, Surface Studio) along with XBO family device sales.

MS is re-positioning Windows 10+UWP gaming like near 3DO business model with flexible hardware level selection while XBO device family stays with Nintendo style business model. Other large businesses such as VW, GM and Toyota has multiple different brands that targets different market segments.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

I can't believe this thread is still going.

If you want to know why the Xbox one is struggling against the PS4 it's very simple to make a thread asking why people who favored the 360 swapped to PS4 this gen.

You can take those responses and compile a reason list lumping like minded responses together and then Chart Man can make us a pie graph.

BOOM: problem solved instead of the back and forth assumptions from both sides.

It won't happen because no one who makes these threads actually cares why it happened.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 HalcyonScarlet

@i_p_daily said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

I highly doubt PS Now will share day one releases with the PS4. You'll get some older games but that's it.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Dakur

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@i_p_daily said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

I highly doubt PS Now will share day one releases with the PS4. You'll get some older games but that's it.

Not to mention they will run worse than on a PS4, you won't own the games, you have to pay monthly to access them and the access is limited to a small percentage of the gaming public considering PSNow is only available in one region. For all intents and purposes they are still exclusive to PS4. Meanwhile all xbone games run better on PC.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By ronvalencia

@dakur said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@i_p_daily said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Not to mention they will run worse than on a PS4, you won't own the games, you have to pay monthly to access them and the access is limited to a small percentage of the gaming public considering PSNow is only available in one region. For all intents and purposes they are still exclusive to PS4. Meanwhile all xbone games run better on PC.

Windows 10 is still a Microsoft platform which can scale higher than XBO and Scorpio.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#196 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@iambatman7986 said:

Halo 5 Guardians is still exclusive for XBO. Halo 5 Forge PC build is different from Halo 5 Guardians XBO build. Unknown for Halo 6.

Forza Motorsport 6 XBO is different from Forza Motorsport 6 Apex PC build i.e. it wasn't a direct port.

Forza Motorsport 7 could follow similar pattern as Forza Motorsport 6 XBO vs Forza Motorsport 6 Apex PC difference.

MS is heavily involved with PC OEM hardware sales (e.g. Surface Pro, Surface Book, Surface Studio) along with XBO family device sales.

MS is re-positioning Windows 10+UWP gaming like near 3DO business model with flexible hardware level selection while XBO device family stays with Nintendo style business model. Other large businesses such as VW, GM and Toyota has multiple different brands that targets different market segments.

I never said MS didn't have exclusives. In fact I said that early on, X1 was the console to get for quality exclusives and 3rd party support.

Halo 5 is still exclusive, but I haven't played it since the new maps and mode came out during the summer of 2016. Good game, but not quite special to me like the original trilogy. If Halo 6 doesn't come to pc, I could live without playing it. Plus I don't plan on getting rid of my X1, I have too many digital games on it to get rid of it. Plus I love SSO.

I think Forza Apex was a test to get the engine running on UWP without issues prior to launching a full game which they did with FH3. I'm pretty sure Forza 7 will be an Xbox Anywhere title.

I don't think what MS is doing is a bad move, I just don't need to buy another MS console with their new model. I'll buy the games on the Windows store.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#197 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

At least 90 percent of the people here didn't even read the article. No point in debating.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 ronvalencia

@iambatman7986 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@iambatman7986 said:

I never said MS didn't have exclusives. In fact I said that early on, X1 was the console to get for quality exclusives and 3rd party support.

Halo 5 is still exclusive, but I haven't played it since the new maps and mode came out during the summer of 2016. Good game, but not quite special to me like the original trilogy. If Halo 6 doesn't come to pc, I could live without playing it. Plus I don't plan on getting rid of my X1, I have too many digital games on it to get rid of it. Plus I love SSO.

I think Forza Apex was a test to get the engine running on UWP without issues prior to launching a full game which they did with FH3. I'm pretty sure Forza 7 will be an Xbox Anywhere title.

I don't think what MS is doing is a bad move, I just don't need to buy another MS console with their new model. I'll buy the games on the Windows store.

PC has Forza 6 Apex Premium Edition which has additional content over free Forza 6 Apex which is effectively a large demo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#199 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@vfighter said:

Additionally, the game has the “highest week one attach rate for a Microsoft first party title on Xbox One” with 12 million hours having been logged in the Halo 5 campaign, while 9 million hours have been logged in the game’s multiplayer with close to 7 million registered users.

No it doesn't, don't be ridiculous. Users:Sales ratios never scale 1:1. With your penchant for graphs, ratios, numbers, and other inane statistics, one would think you would know this.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By ronvalencia

@charizard1605 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@vfighter said:

No it doesn't, don't be ridiculous. Users:Sales ratios never scale 1:1. With your penchant for graphs, ratios, numbers, and other inane statistics, one would think you would know this.

For Halo 5G, it indicates 7 million sales magnitude i.e. to play Halo 5G online, one must have a valid copy of Halo 5G and valid user account.

http://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-live-now-boasts-48-million-active-users-39-million-last-quarter

From Jan 2016, there are 48 million active Xbox Live accounts. The main drivers for 9 million Xbox Live account increase from Q4 2015 to the start of Q1 2016 are Halo 5G and Minecraft.