Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@makemefamous07 said:

Lets make this short. PS4 has a ARMY of Developers making games for them. Xbox? .......YOU'RE FIRED!!!! lol. Or better yet Cancelled!!!!! Sony has the HUGE juggernauts that MS can NOT compete with.PS4 has Uncharted 4, R&C, SF5, Nier Automata, Nioh, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne all selling like Crazy!!!!! Millions sold.

Sony owns the Europe Market which is HUGE (Theyre destroying MS over there ) along with Japan which consoles are selling great (Sony & Nintendo) So that adds MORE game sales & Money in Sonys pocket Hence Nier Automata sold BIG over there in 1 week. Along with HUGE games coming becuz of the huge amount of developers they have.

MS? Uh.....Voodoo Vince? Uh......? Halo Bores 2? Ahahaha. Sea of piss? If no one bought Halo Bores 2, or even Quantum Break which flopped & all those TV ads it got then who the hell gonna buy Sea Of Piss lol? Destined to Flop especially during the holidays. Crackhead 3? MIA or Cancelled & no hype. Sorry this isnt 2014 anymore. None of these games will sell for MS becuz there exclusives are just PUNY & pretty much trash when u compare to the Sony exclusives.

MS should really just go 3rd party or just give up cuz the ONLY thing that sells over there are COD & Destiny for the xbox kids(tho Ps4 sells more copies obviously) lol. MS should just give up the pieces of wats left of a game like Gears & just sell it cuz the game is dead & not wat it use to be & thats a fact!!!! Bottom line Xbox is in trouble as the DOZENS of media websites have stated.

Agreed. Sony has these colossal exclusives like Horizon, Last of Us 2, God of War, Spiderman, Death Stranding, Detroit and basically 90% of Japanese games are exclusive to the PS4. Microsoft is trailing by over 2:1 in sales yet all they can muster up is a remake of some obscure platformer from the OG Xbox that no one remembers and they expect to get back in the race.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#102 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

@davillain- said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: And you are gonna trust that Bread? Come on Stevo.

I could care less about sales arguments, but the PS4's launch exclusives were abysmal; worse than the PS3's... which I didn't think was possible for any console to top. 2014-2016 were largely barren wastelands when it came to high quality exclusives.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@Xabiss said:

Well that explains why the Wii U sold so well? Exclusives right? It is a box with exclusives only (pretty much) and the Xbox One trounced it! Sony is just a more popular platform and it has a bigger fan base. If exclusives were so damn important it would show in sales. I don't think exclusives had anything at all to do with Microsoft getting trounced by Sony. I think it has everything to do with how the Xbox One was announced and gamers spoke with their wallets.

If you would have only just read the OP...

I did read that BS and it is an opinion piece just like I gave my opinion. You are acting like that shit is fact. It is just someones opinion on what they think about the console market. So WTF are you talking about!

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

@tormentos: Everybody craps, i enjoyed the Sony crap like Socom, MAG, Motorstorm, and Twisted Metal and Resistance. Unfortunately cant find that crap as of yet on PS4.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#105 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

@BigBadBully said:

@tormentos: Everybody craps, i enjoyed the Sony crap like Socom, MAG, Motorstorm, and Twisted Metal and Resistance. Unfortunately cant find that crap as of yet on PS4.

To be fair, MotorStorm was fantastic.

MAG was total crap though. lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kingtito said:

Yep, totally explains the 2 to 1 sales in favor of the PS4 since launch. Alllll those PS4 exclusives are reason and not the botched reveal, higher price and weaker hardware of the X1.

Your smear campaigns are old and tired.

Killzone sold 2.1 million copies in a 4.2 million user base that is a 50% penetration right there,regardless of the score which you when it serve you best downplay play and when it doesn't use in your favor.

Higher price and weaker hardware were added to the problems as well,but this is an industry Proven already where power doesn't win you a generation nor price to a certain point.

Then we have the fact that scorewise the xbox one had crap on launch to so it wasn't that hard.

@kingtito said:

@tormentos: I'm curious El Tormented, how exactly does that relate to what I just said? Are you really that bad at reading comprehension or desperate for an argument even if it's not related to what anyone says? As I've said, go get that current gen system and capable PC.

How what you say relate to anything i was saying?

Oh...i see hypocrite as always you simply chose to see what you like.

I own a PS4 and my PC has a 2013 GPU that can play any game from 2010 and up let alone 2000...lol

So basically you are grasping as always,trying to downplay my arguments with nothing but your shitty bitter opinion nice..lol

@ronvalencia said:

Bullshit. The article mentioned sales.

Highly hyped Microsoft exclusives like ReCore, Quantum Break, and Halo Wars 2 have been released to semi-positive reviews, but the company has been mum on sales. The few critically lauded Xbox One exclusives, like Halo 5: Guardians or Sunset Overdrive, have quickly faded from the spotlight. Worse, some of Xbox’s biggest franchises have struggled to match the sales of previous entries.

Article's "previous entries" is UK sourced data which is countered by https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-reaches-400-million-in-sales-to-become-bigg/1100-6431980/

My fu**ing god you can't really be this dense,what was say there didn't talk about sales,the article claims MS has being quite (mum) about sales which is 100% correct that freaking chart you are parading like dam spambot is not from MS at all.

And that gamespot link doesn't contradict what they claim ass as those are shipped numbers from MS,MS did not sell $400 million of Halo games when it launched it did not what MS did was shipped freaking $400 millions dollars worth of Halo crap to retailers and try to make seen as it was sold.

In no place they come clean and say we sold 3 or 4 million copies to back that shit.

• Halo: Combat Evolved - Sales Unknown
  • Halo 2 - 260,000
  • Halo 3 - 370,000
  • Halo 3: ODST - 212,000
  • Halo: Reach - 390,000
  • Halo 4 - 332,000
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection - 105,000~
  • Halo 5: Guardians - 150,000

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/halo-5-is-the-least-selling-main-halo-game-in-uk-history-35399#9iGg9wIw0r2ZxjGI.99

Fact is even if we assume that Halo 5 sold 50% digital and 50% physical that mean Halo 5 still is 32k from Halo 4 and 70k from Halo reach,but since we know the digital vs physical break is not 50% we know it sold way less than pass chapters the same was true for US.

Where Halo 5 did on NPD 900k even Halo 3 did like 3.2 million in NPD back in 2007 so even if we assume Halo 5 sold 50/50 digital vs physical still Halo 5 under perform badly what you are quoting is MS bullshit that in no place confirm how many copies they really sold on launch which we know was way lower than other Halo games.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#107  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

"I could care less about sales arguments, but the PS4's launch exclusives were abysmal; worse than the PS3's... which I didn't think was possible for any console to top. 2014-2016 were largely barren wastelands when it came to high quality exclusives."

This.

In the same time period the PS4 sold 20 million units and jumped out to a huge lead. Exclusives didn't drive these sales PS4 didn't have any worthy ones in the first two years. Even the Sony execs were surprised by how well it sold and we're asking the Sony fans why they don't like indies when the herd started rabbling while waiting for exclusives.

1080p vs 900p hype fueled PS4s huge lead combined with a big helping of screw up from MS.

Yeah the PS4 is now starting to get a stream of games, but even these current ones aren't why the console has sold 60 million units.

Horizon sold well but most of the others barely charted. If the exclusives were this huge driving force like the TC is saying with a 60 million base all of the recent games should have sold at least 1 million but most haven't even sold that.

I'm also not buying the argument that all these far off games are the driving force either since the sales numbers of the consoles were there before most of them were even announced.

The truth is Xbox isn't really struggling, it's on par. The anamoly is that PS4 is selling way better than expected.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#108 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@charizard1605: So are you telling that mankinds greatest gaming lineup in the history of the world doesn't matter. Mind blown!

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6953 Posts

Bass Diffusion Model. Coefficient of Innovation and Coefficient of Imitation. Imitation has always been important in this space, but even more so with the rise of multiplayer and the obvious link to what your friends have. If you aren't out of the gate strong there is no recovery. This is exactly why MS rushed broken hardware out of the gate last gen and proclaimed they would not be last to launch.

But I don't expect gaming journalists to know anything about Bass, since they are generally morons.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#110 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I was just thinking about this.

Horizon, Nioh, and Zelda all prove that, in the end, Exclusives matter.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

Yep, totally explains the 2 to 1 sales in favor of the PS4 since launch. Alllll those PS4 exclusives are reason and not the botched reveal, higher price and weaker hardware of the X1.

Killzone sold 2.1 million copies in a 4.2 million user base that is a 50% penetration right there,regardless of the score which you when it serve you best downplay play and when it doesn't use in your favor.

Higher price and weaker hardware were added to the problems as well,but this is an industry Proven already where power doesn't win you a generation nor price to a certain point.

Then we have the fact that scorewise the xbox one had crap on launch to so it wasn't that hard.

@kingtito said:

@tormentos: I'm curious El Tormented, how exactly does that relate to what I just said? Are you really that bad at reading comprehension or desperate for an argument even if it's not related to what anyone says? As I've said, go get that current gen system and capable PC.

I own a PS4 and my PC has a 2013 GPU that can play any game from 2010 and up let alone 2000...lol

So basically you are grasping as always,trying to downplay my arguments with nothing but your shitty bitter opinion nice..lol

@ronvalencia said:

Bullshit. The article mentioned sales.

Highly hyped Microsoft exclusives like ReCore, Quantum Break, and Halo Wars 2 have been released to semi-positive reviews, but the company has been mum on sales. The few critically lauded Xbox One exclusives, like Halo 5: Guardians or Sunset Overdrive, have quickly faded from the spotlight. Worse, some of Xbox’s biggest franchises have struggled to match the sales of previous entries.

Article's "previous entries" is UK sourced data which is countered by https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-reaches-400-million-in-sales-to-become-bigg/1100-6431980/

My fu**ing god you can't really be this dense,what was say there didn't talk about sales,the article claims MS has being quite (mum) about sales which is 100% correct that freaking chart you are parading like dam spambot is not from MS at all.

And that gamespot link doesn't contradict what they claim ass as those are shipped numbers from MS,MS did not sell $400 million of Halo games when it launched it did not what MS did was shipped freaking $400 millions dollars worth of Halo crap to retailers and try to make seen as it was sold.

In no place they come clean and say we sold 3 or 4 million copies to back that shit.

• Halo: Combat Evolved - Sales Unknown
  • Halo 2 - 260,000
  • Halo 3 - 370,000
  • Halo 3: ODST - 212,000
  • Halo: Reach - 390,000
  • Halo 4 - 332,000
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection - 105,000~
  • Halo 5: Guardians - 150,000

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/halo-5-is-the-least-selling-main-halo-game-in-uk-history-35399#9iGg9wIw0r2ZxjGI.99

Fact is even if we assume that Halo 5 sold 50% digital and 50% physical that mean Halo 5 still is 32k from Halo 4 and 70k from Halo reach,but since we know the digital vs physical break is not 50% we know it sold way less than pass chapters the same was true for US.

Where Halo 5 did on NPD 900k even Halo 3 did like 3.2 million in NPD back in 2007 so even if we assume Halo 5 sold 50/50 digital vs physical still Halo 5 under perform badly what you are quoting is MS bullshit that in no place confirm how many copies they really sold on launch which we know was way lower than other Halo games.

You are making an arbitrary flawed assumption for 50 percent digital sales when MSFT has single out their digital sales the major contributor. During Halo 5's year, NPD doesn't factor in hardware bundles(2) and digital sales (1).

Are you the authority for 50 percent digital sales number? Who are you? You are nothing.

1. http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/12/12158862/npds-tracking-reports-to-include-digital-sales-for-the-first-time

2. http://www.interactive.org/npd/index.asp

**(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)

Your link http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/halo-5-is-the-least-selling-main-halo-game-in-uk-history-35399#9iGg9wIw0r2ZxjGI.99 is UK sales results which didn't factor in USA results.

Each region has different market share mix e.g. China (1st largest gaming market) has absolute PC gaming dominance while Japan (3rd largest gaming market) has absolute PS4 gaming dominance. *For non-mobile form factor gaming devices.

The only f.vckin dense fool is you. The only bullshit is your post.

cohmiracleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 cohmiracleman
Member since 2005 • 440 Posts

@aigis: I'm not sure where you are going with that. To add some clarity here, my point is that if a game is exclusive to a certain console, that only benefits the company that makes the console. Us, as the end user has to spend our money on the console to play it on. Ultimately, it's better to be able to choose which platform to buy it on.

Even for the game developer it would be better in most circumstances to be on more than one platform. More sales.

The article linked for this thread is just an opinion piece and one that looks biased.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

I dunno if it's struggling more like doing moderately ok. I do think their first party games are stagnating maybe while others are being under utilized. From some comments I hear like beating the halo campaign in six hours or constant talk about multiplayet I can tell halo might be past it's prime. Itight be like the old mario formula once I experienced 3d Mario I couldn't go back to the timed stages and I enjoyed exploring. Old school Mario seems lacking to me. Maybe that's what Xbox fans are feeling they want more exclusives both first and third party. I still have an old 360 and we'll growing up on ps and nintendo I had a bigger variety of games so it's hard for me to find anything to play on Xbox

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#114  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Xabiss: Damn son, you angry

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

@kingtito said:

Wow you're dumb you trying to say KZ was a good game? Average at best and one of the few games anyone could actually play. You fail at reading comprehension. THe PS4 outsold the X1 almost 2 to 1 from the start and they did it with a horrible games lineup. Only an idiot would argue the opposite which would explain why you are.

Hahahaha no you don't. I've seen your PC specs and they're barely above late 90s PCs and don't even try saying you own a PS4. We ALL know you don't and you probably never will

You don't have arguments El Tormented. You have an unnatural hate for MS and anything to do with it. It makes your arguments as baseless as quack, Durhdurh and the troll TC that posted this shit thread. Go about your hate El Tormented, I'll continue to live the manticore life I've always lived

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Flyincloud1116

The great games from Sony and a steady diet of multiplatform games have pushed the PS4 to this great lead in my opinion.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By ronvalencia

@flyincloud1116 said:

The great games from Sony and a steady diet of multiplatform games have pushed the PS4 to this great lead in my opinion.

PS4's early multi-platform game and "bang per buck" superiority would attracted more customers from Nintendo Wii and new customers from market size increase when compared to XBO.

XBO has slightly higher Xbox 360 sales pace.

No PC AIB is crazy enough to price Bonaire GPU (XBO) higher than Pitcairn GPU(PS4). Majority of customers are not stupid hence AMD's "more cores" Bulldozer PR didn't work. Xbox Team under Don Mattrick's administration was crazy enough to price inferior hardware above superior hardware i.e. failed commodity hardware pricing 101. AMD's CPUs and GPUs are commodity hardware.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Flyincloud1116

@ronvalencia: How do we know if the X1 is outpacing the 360 even if it's slight? I need a piechart.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Flyincloud1116

Let's stick to the facts, the X1 is struggling because it's a piece of shit with shitty subpar games the only lemming mothers would love.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By ronvalencia

@flyincloud1116 said:

@ronvalencia: How do we know if the X1 is outpacing the 360 even if it's slight? I need a piechart.

Xbox 360 has a sales acceleration around 36th month.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 tormentos

@kingtito said:

Wow you're dumb you trying to say KZ was a good game? Average at best and one of the few games anyone could actually play. You fail at reading comprehension. THe PS4 outsold the X1 almost 2 to 1 from the start and they did it with a horrible games lineup. Only an idiot would argue the opposite which would explain why you are.

Hahahaha no you don't. I've seen your PC specs and they're barely above late 90s PCs and don't even try saying you own a PS4. We ALL know you don't and you probably never will

You don't have arguments El Tormented. You have an unnatural hate for MS and anything to do with it. It makes your arguments as baseless as quack, Durhdurh and the troll TC that posted this shit thread. Go about your hate El Tormented, I'll continue to live the manticore life I've always lived

The PS4 4.2 million units in 2013 the xbox one sold 3.1 million units in 2013,where the fu** do you see the 2 to 1 advantage? I don't see it and Forza was there and scored 79,DR3 78,KI 73 Ryse 60, Killzone scored 73.

If you are going to argue that Killzone was average at best then i am sure you are ready admit all xbox games were also average at best on the xbox one launch,and no i don't care about your pathetic ass opinion so if you claim Killzone is average at best with 73 so are all those games on the 70's range on xbox one or lower.

What are my PC spec? Hahahahahaa

Please dude stop we know it you don't own any platform or PC all you do here is complain about cow and cry rivers of tears because people do not agree with your visions of greatness about the xbox.

@ronvalencia said:

Each region has different market share mix e.g. China (1st largest gaming market) has absolute PC gaming dominance while Japan (3rd largest gaming market) has absolute PS4 gaming dominance. *For non-mobile form factor gaming devices.

The only f.vckin dense fool is you. The only bullshit is your post.

Hardware bundles for Halo 5 contribute to a small sum since NPD on that month account for like 300k sold and most were normal xbox one not Halo 5 which came at the end of the month.

In no place i say my link included US sales,Halo 5 US sales were given away by the same dude who you quote recently in neogaf talking about Halo wars 2 sales.

So yeah Halo 5 sold on NPD like 900k not including digital which i am sure did not probably pass 200k,since most sales on consoles still are physical so yeah Halo sold badly and MS try to play out people with the whole 400 million crap.

@oflow said:

"I could care less about sales arguments, but the PS4's launch exclusives were abysmal; worse than the PS3's... which I didn't think was possible for any console to top. 2014-2016 were largely barren wastelands when it came to high quality exclusives."

In the same time period the PS4 sold 20 million units and jumped out to a huge lead. Exclusives didn't drive these sales PS4 didn't have any worthy ones in the first two years. Even the Sony execs were surprised by how well it sold and we're asking the Sony fans why they don't like indies when the herd started rabbling while waiting for exclusives.

The truth is Xbox isn't really struggling, it's on par. The anamoly is that PS4 is selling way better than expected.

So were xbox one games,please show me the incredible launch games on xbox one i dare you.

This is pathetic fanboy as your self claim the PS4 has nothing,but lets stop and analyse the fantastic xbox one line up of high scoring games that people have been ignoring in favor of getting a 1080p version of a game.

The xbox one has landed 1 90 games in 3+ years and you can play it also on PC in 4k and with free online play.

The xbox one has dirt,the first 90 game on PS4 came in 2014 TLOU which counts just as much as Horizon 3,halo wars,halo mcc rare play and any other game that is multiplatform on xbox one.

The BB then Uncharted,and a barrage of 80's game since launch hell the highest rated game in 2013 between both machines was resugun a damn indie outscore Forza 5,ki and dead rising 3.

So stop your crying and look at the big picture it is a fact that since launch the PS4 had more games and higher rated is was like that on 2014,2015,2016 and this year as well,which is why people keep choosing and while you cry fault the xbox one has a shallow 2017 to this point and what is coming isn't that great either.

ON par? The PS4 has like 3 or 4 games score 90 the xbox has 1 and the PS4 has more games score in the 80's to,so they are on par on your fantasy island where everything is green and great.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos:

Hardware bundles for Halo 5 contribute to a small sum since NPD on that month account for like 300k sold and most were normal xbox one not Halo 5 which came at the end of the month.

In no place i say my link included US sales,Halo 5 US sales were given away by the same dude who you quote recently in neogaf talking about Halo wars 2 sales.

So yeah Halo 5 sold on NPD like 900k not including digital which i am sure did not probably pass 200k,since most sales on consoles still are physical so yeah Halo sold badly and MS try to play out people with the whole 400 million crap.

On what authority does "most were normal xbox one not Halo 5 which came at the end of the month." assertion is based from?

**(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-reaches-400-million-in-sales-to-become-bigg/1100-6431980/

Microsoft also announced that Halo 5 has become the "best-selling digital game ever" through the Xbox Store during its launch week.

MSFT is building their own Steam service distribution platform.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

@loe12k said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@loe12k said:

Its embarrassing the Sony media keeps doing this. Xbox got console exclusives Gears of War 4 is an exclusive, Recore is exclusive, Halo Wars 2 is exclusive, FH3 is exclusive, Dead Rising 4 is exclusive in last 6 months.

The Sony media needs to piss of.

It is weird how actual exclusives do get easily dismissed.

Of course its Sony media. I would listen if they actually talked about PS4 sparse line up but they don't. Notice how they attack xbox and ignore PS4 ..

Sorry, what? haha

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

@charizard1605: It's all good. The thing that aggravates me most about the article is how it blows off 2 great games (SO, Halo 5) for literally no reason. Sunset Overdrive is fun af, and Halo 5 still has a huge online community. Also the best Halo multiplayer in years.

I thought the article was about 2017? Well, I assumed it was at least.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-reaches-400-million-in-sales-to-become-bigg/1100-6431980/

Microsoft also announced that Halo 5 has become the "best-selling digital game ever" through the Xbox Store during its launch week.

No one is saying it include bundles LEARN TO READ,but bundles were a small sum and that is a fact.

Yes best selling without an actual number mean totally shit,best selling could be 50k if the previous record was 40k without actual numbers to back that up you have nothing,quote MS stating that Halo 5 sold more digitally than physically.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos:

No one is saying it include bundles LEARN TO READ,but bundles were a small sum and that is a fact.

Yes best selling without an actual number mean totally shit,best selling could be 50k if the previous record was 40k without actual numbers to back that up you have nothing,quote MS stating that Halo 5 sold more digitally than physically.

On what authority does "most were normal xbox one not Halo 5 which came at the end of the month." assertion is based from?

By comparison, 2012's Halo 4 generated $220 million its its first 24 hours and around $300 million in its first week.

Microsoft has announced that Halo 5: Guardians generated more than $400 million in global sales during its first week, meaning the Xbox One game is now the "biggest Halo launch" of all time

Where did you get your 50k and 40k numbers from? On what authority does 50k and 40k numbers comes from?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

In the fact that those normal bundle were sold for a complete month while Halo 5 ones were sold for 5 days on NPD.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

In the fact that those normal bundle were sold for a complete month while Halo 5 ones were sold for 5 days on NPD.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Depends. Are exclusives the highest-selling games for each console and how do their sales numbers compare to multiplat games?

None of the 8th-gen trio have enough exclusives that I like for me to justify buying one. My PC has the multiplats and its own exclusives that I play.

The PS3 had enough exclusives I liked by the 3-year mark. Not so for the PS4 and XB1.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2141 Posts

Lems just can't handle the truth lol.

carlquincy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 carlquincy
Member since 2012 • 391 Posts

Its always about balance.

Games (exclusives and 3rd parties), price, power, policy and social influence.

Sony hit the right notes with the PS4.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

Xbox is doing just fine, people keep forgetting M$ isn't providing just an xbox, and play anywhere is a great program to take windows 10 and xbox and meld them together. You want a console, you can get an xbox. M$ doesn't need to win the sales war to be successful.

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 gfxpipeline
Member since 2014 • 543 Posts
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Agreed. Sony has these colossal exclusives like Horizon, Last of Us 2, God of War, Spiderman, Death Stranding, Detroit and basically 90% of Japanese games are exclusive to the PS4. Microsoft is trailing by over 2:1 in sales yet all they can muster up is a remake of some obscure platformer from the OG Xbox that no one remembers and they expect to get back in the race.

And what is so bizarre is the Xbox deadenders continue believe that Microsoft is 'holding back megatons for E3' year after year only to be crushed with dissapointment again and again.

Exclusives have to come from SOMEWHERE.

We know Microsoft's tiny first party studios.

We know Japanese developers aren't going to waste time and development resources on the Xbox outside of a few token ports Microsoft pays for.

For US and European developers the PS4 is closing in on 60 million installed base in just three and a half years. The cost to pay developers to give up a 60 million installed base is enourmous no matter how much money one thinks Microsoft has to throw at the console market.

Microsoft has no one to blame but themselves for their failure in the console market. They could have spent the past fifteen years carefully cultivating and building amazing first studio arrays like Sony and Nintendo have but they didn't and they are suffering the consequences.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#134  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Quicksilver128 said:

@Bread_or_Decide: CoD, Fifa and Madden are available on all platforms. They dont sell consoles.

I don't believe games sell consoles to the casual every day non-gamer. What sells a console is a hodge podge of mostly non-game factors. Some of which I listed above. But when that person gets there hand on a system, they're mostly playing those games. Hence the astronomical sales of those games. They're not beating Uncharted by a little, it's a lot.

Those games do sell consoles, in the sense you need a console to play them. PC shouldn't be irrelevant for CoD, but it sort of is if you go by the player base. For the sports games, PC is practically irrelevant (no Madden at all, and Fifa ports have often been garbage). Not sure those sports games outpace something like Uncharted. Madden 17 for instance was reported at 5.5 Million total sales. Uncharted 4 was pushing 10 million last I saw. Fifa probably outsells that, but not by orders of magnitude.

Now stuff like CoD and GTA are on a different level. Moreso GTA at this point. If GTA V is any indication it is THE console seller - 75 Million sales with the vast majority on console. It doesn't necessarily push one console over the other - but it pushes people to get something to play it on. Games like that are huge for the consoles that have them. It shouldn't be a mystery why PS4 dominated this gen, it was both $100 cheaper AND more powerful than it's main competition (the XB1). In prior gens, there were trade-offs or uncertainty about which console to get. This gen was one of the most obvious with both MS *AND* Nintendo botching their hardware and launches badly.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#135 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:

Depends. Are exclusives the highest-selling games for each console and how do their sales numbers compare to multiplat games?

None of the 8th-gen trio have enough exclusives that I like for me to justify buying one. My PC has the multiplats and its own exclusives that I play.

The PS3 had enough exclusives I liked by the 3-year mark. Not so for the PS4 and XB1.

PS3 was also pretty slow out of the gate with exclusives as i recall, but it was the clear champion by the end of last gen. PS4 seems similar to me.

In either case, the last couple of gens the "exclusives" only come down to a few dozen games really. Maybe even less for some people.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By ronvalencia

@gfxpipeline said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

And what is so bizarre is the Xbox deadenders continue believe that Microsoft is 'holding back megatons for E3' year after year only to be crushed with dissapointment again and again.

Exclusives have to come from SOMEWHERE.

We know Microsoft's tiny first party studios.

We know Japanese developers aren't going to waste time and development resources on the Xbox outside of a few token ports Microsoft pays for.

For US and European developers the PS4 is closing in on 60 million installed base in just three and a half years. The cost to pay developers to give up a 60 million installed base is enourmous no matter how much money one thinks Microsoft has to throw at the console market.

Microsoft has no one to blame but themselves for their failure in the console market. They could have spent the past fifteen years carefully cultivating and building amazing first studio arrays like Sony and Nintendo have but they didn't and they are suffering the consequences.

PS4 has Japanese market dominance in gaming non-mobile form factor and loser was Nintendo's non-mobile form factor Wii/Wii U.

From AMD's POV, PS4's higher sales pace balanced out Nintendo design lost while XBO's sales pace remained similar to Xbox 360.

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 gfxpipeline

Gotta love the constant reminder that Xbox One sales are so bad that Microsoft won't even release their pathetic shipment to retailer numbers let alone actual sales to consumers.

But, hey, here's a random dotted line!

Xbox One global sales are in the 24 million range. Which should surprise absolutely no one. It is the same amount of sales the first Xbox marketplace failure had after 3.5 years on the market selling to the very same almost entirely US and UK based demographic and being once again dead in Japan and all of mainland Europe. No more RRoD to help inflate Microsoft's installed base numbers this gen.

With the Xbox One bombing just a badly as the first Xbox is obvious why the exclusive situation for the Xbox One is dire and getting worse as this gen moves forward and PS4's installed base continues to explode.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By ronvalencia

@gfxpipeline said:

Gotta love the constant reminder that Xbox One sales are so bad that Microsoft won't even release their pathetic shipment to retailer numbers let alone actual sales to consumers.

But, hey, here's a random dotted line!

Xbox One global sales are in the 24 million range. Which should surprise absolutely no one. It is the same amount of sales the first Xbox marketplace failure had after 3.5 years on the market selling to the very same almost entirely US and UK based demographic and being once again dead in Japan and all of mainland Europe. No more RRoD to help inflate Microsoft's installed base numbers this gen.

With the Xbox One bombing just a badly as the first Xbox is obvious why the exclusive situation for the Xbox One is dire and getting worse as this gen moves forward and PS4's installed base continues to explode.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-sales-reach-26-million-report/1100-6447023/

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

@tormentos said:
@VERTIGO47 said:

Exclusives STILL don't matter. Sorry, Char, but that article and your personal belief DON'T MATTER.

When there are AT LEAST....AT LEAST.....45 Million Uncharted 4, Bloodborne or Nioh Gamers, Globally...... out of 56 Million PS4 owners, Globally.....then the naysayers will STFU. And that's when Exclusives DO matter.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/your-takes-on-the-ps3-and-xbox360-25428478/

What a huge hypocrite...hahahahahaaa You on 2007..lol

The 360 had the games and genres you wanted to play,if those are not on PS3 what should we call those.? Oh yeah exclusives..

So like i prove once again you lemmings are total hypocrites.

But those games no one knows if they are good enough.

Crackdown was never a super smash hit critically claim or even ultra high rated it was a mid 80 games on its best day chapter 2 yeah 70 something,not something that great.

Sea of thieves.,thieves and cuphead are unproven franchises,and for god sake stop with Forza already MS there will be 5 Forza games in 4 years is pathetic is like one chapter ever 10 months,on a genre that is one of the most stale and bland ones racing,adding weather or more open areas to run are not really something revolutionary for the genre like fighting games racing games are 2 genres where the dynamic of the game no matter it was 2D or 3D has change little over time,race this sucker beat this sucker,make a timed race to get here in the best time is sad really.

5 freaking Forza game in 4 years is freaking pushing it Forza is MS Call of duty marry go round.

Oh look is that hypocrite who defended Forza 5 gamespot score of 9 when it had 79 on meta,but then claim it doesn't care about scores..lol

OMG!! YOU literally have absolutely no life at all. LOLOLOL!!!!

You went to look as far as 10 years ago.......10 fucking years ago....a post I made 10 years ago!!! to justify your pathetic BUTTHURT argument?

Are you kidding me? How is that 10 year old post of mine Hypocrisy? It's still the same point as I made recently a few hours ago! Learn to fucking read, you double dumb ass troll! You missed my point. Exclusives MATTERS to the individual gamer (NOT the entire world), if they prefer those specific exclusives on the specific console they want to choose. This isn't what drives console sales. If you look at it from a Global Perspective. As I said on my recent post, if exclusives were the primary driving force for console sales, then Nioh, Bloodborne or Uncharted 4 sales would be around 45 Million, out of the 56 Million PS4 owners in the WORLD.

G E T A L I F E

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

I agree 100%. Of course exclusives matter and anyone thinking otherwise needs a serious reality check. Every single gen the console with more and best exclusives won. The PS3's epic comeback was thank to exclusives. Even the PS4 selling well from the beggining had to do with its exclusives since people know that playstation gets great exclusives eventually and that Sony has a big focus on them. People say that exclusives don't matter because they sell less than multiplats but they conveniently ignore that cumulatively they're a driving force. Not all exclusives appeal to all PS4 gamers but Sony has realized that having a strong exclusive lineup with variety that appeals to different demographics is what makes the Playstation so strong. They have quality stuff for everyone. In contrast the xbone is known for rehashing HaloGearsForza and the rest are mediocre efforts. Even their flagship exclusive franchises are a shadow of what they once were and you even find the best versions of them on PC. The pathetic exclusive lineup of the xbone makes it highly irrelevant.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#141  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

I read the article, and the thing is that the writer can't back anything up with facts, and data. The writer believes that exclusives matter, that doesn't mean it's actually true.

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 gfxpipeline

@dakur said:

The PS3's epic comeback was thank to exclusives.

LOL, wut?

The PS3 outsold the Xbox 360 by some 2.5 million units in its very first year. And outsold the Xbox 360 every single year on the market.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

@VERTIGO47 said:
@tormentos said:
@VERTIGO47 said:

Exclusives STILL don't matter. Sorry, Char, but that article and your personal belief DON'T MATTER.

When there are AT LEAST....AT LEAST.....45 Million Uncharted 4, Bloodborne or Nioh Gamers, Globally...... out of 56 Million PS4 owners, Globally.....then the naysayers will STFU. And that's when Exclusives DO matter.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/your-takes-on-the-ps3-and-xbox360-25428478/

What a huge hypocrite...hahahahahaaa You on 2007..lol

The 360 had the games and genres you wanted to play,if those are not on PS3 what should we call those.? Oh yeah exclusives..

So like i prove once again you lemmings are total hypocrites.

But those games no one knows if they are good enough.

Crackdown was never a super smash hit critically claim or even ultra high rated it was a mid 80 games on its best day chapter 2 yeah 70 something,not something that great.

Sea of thieves.,thieves and cuphead are unproven franchises,and for god sake stop with Forza already MS there will be 5 Forza games in 4 years is pathetic is like one chapter ever 10 months,on a genre that is one of the most stale and bland ones racing,adding weather or more open areas to run are not really something revolutionary for the genre like fighting games racing games are 2 genres where the dynamic of the game no matter it was 2D or 3D has change little over time,race this sucker beat this sucker,make a timed race to get here in the best time is sad really.

5 freaking Forza game in 4 years is freaking pushing it Forza is MS Call of duty marry go round.

Oh look is that hypocrite who defended Forza 5 gamespot score of 9 when it had 79 on meta,but then claim it doesn't care about scores..lol

OMG!! YOU literally have absolutely no life at all. LOLOLOL!!!!

You went to look as far as 10 years ago.......10 fucking years ago....a post I made 10 years ago!!! to justify your pathetic BUTTHURT argument?

Are you kidding me? How is that 10 year old post of mine Hypocrisy? It's still the same point as I made recently a few hours ago! Learn to fucking read, you double dumb ass troll! You missed my point. Exclusives MATTERS to the individual gamer (NOT the entire world), if they prefer those specific exclusives on the specific console they want to choose. This isn't what drives console sales. If you look at it from a Global Perspective. As I said on my recent post, if exclusives were the primary driving force for console sales, then Nioh, Bloodborne or Uncharted 4 sales would be around 45 Million, out of the 56 Million PS4 owners in the WORLD.

G E T A L I F E

this is wonderful.

poor tormentos. no life and afflicted with unsightly, mutated toe-thumbs. damn. he seems to be at the bottom of god's list of priorities.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@gfxpipeline: That's true but the PS have always had the advantage of being associated with strong first party devs and lineup which helps position it on top of the competition.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45235 Posts

I think it's more that the PS4 is the best all around console. Has great support for multiplats, exclusives, first party, Japan, etc.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@ronvalencia: You posted the same shitty graphic 4 times. Either start posting actual content (and act less like an AMD shill), or get out.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17838 Posts

its certainly a factor. but i dont think its the difference between the PS4 and X1. i mean if exclusives were a huge deal then the PS3 would have just pulled away from the 360 last gen but it never really did.

exclusives only really make a difference if they are also effective system sellers. tetris, pokemon, GT, mario, wii sports, halo...these kinds of games. they attract people to your platform. but getting that killer title is not a science. most exclusives barely make any difference to a systems sales. they still have value in terms of filling out the library and keeping existing customers engaged (which is very important. you dont want people trading in your console) but they dont make a huge difference to the consoles sales.

i think what the major difference is for the PS4 is that it runs the multiplats better than any other console. it costs the same as, or less than, the competition. it has the full backing of 3rd parties. it basically has all the major advantages the 360 had last gen.

it also has helped that nintendo didnt turn up and MS completely fudged the X1.

at the end of the day, im just joe blogs looking for a console to play fifa on. i walk into a shop. i could get the X1 which costs Y. or i could get the more powerful PS4 which still has all the games i want and it also costs Y. why would i choose an X1?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Try reading Tormos posts in Morgan Freemans voice. You won't regret it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@dakur said:

I agree 100%. Of course exclusives matter and anyone thinking otherwise needs a serious reality check. Every single gen the console with more and best exclusives won. The PS3's epic comeback was thank to exclusives. Even the PS4 selling well from the beggining had to do with its exclusives since people know that playstation gets great exclusives eventually and that Sony has a big focus on them. People say that exclusives don't matter because they sell less than multiplats but they conveniently ignore that cumulatively they're a driving force. Not all exclusives appeal to all PS4 gamers but Sony has realized that having a strong exclusive lineup with variety that appeals to different demographics is what makes the Playstation so strong. They have quality stuff for everyone. In contrast the xbone is known for rehashing HaloGearsForza and the rest are mediocre efforts. Even their flagship exclusive franchises are a shadow of what they once were and you even find the best versions of them on PC. The pathetic exclusive lineup of the xbone makes it highly irrelevant.

To be fair the PS4 exclusives were also pretty mediocre with shit like Knack and The Order for the first few years of it's life yet it sold 10's of millions. It's only quite recently that the PS4 exclusive have begun to shine. Having the best console version of 3rd party games like GTAV is more responsible for the PS4's success.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By ronvalencia

@Desmonic said:

@ronvalencia: You posted the same shitty graphic 4 times. Either start posting actual content (and act less like an AMD shill), or get out.

The graph content is better than Gfxpipeline's unsupported shitty argument content. Gfxpipeline is making the same argument multiple times. Based on statistics, Xbox One's sales pace is the similar to Xbox 360 which is NOT worst the last generation.

Gamespot link includes my point i.e. 26 million NOT 24 million! i.e. xbox-one-sales-reach-26-million-report

The facts, AMD hardware powers both PS4 and XBO, hence it can't be avoided. XBO and PS4 consoles are not designed by IBM, Intel, NVIDIA, VIA and 'etc'. When AMD CEO states, they have record semi-custom sales from MS and Sony customers, then these are the facts. The shitty graph reinforced that view point i.e. good XBO sales and excellent PS4 sales. The big loser is Nintendo's desktop gaming consoles i.e. Wii/Wii U.

It would be different if the console is powered by non-AMD hardware e.g. Nintendo Switch which is powered by ARM and NVIDIA hardware. You then have sheep claiming Cortex A57 being superior CPU without proper benchmark backing, hence posting AMD Jaguar vs ARM Cortex A57 benchmarks can't be avoided. Should I post Intel Atom vs ARM Cortex instead?

You missed my remarks on AMD's shitty memory bandwidth bound relative to TFLOPS power issues and it's backed by beyond3d's effective memory benchmarks and the relationship with frame rate difference in multiple PC game benchmarks. I already stressed AMD must improve this memory bandwidth bound issue. I explained NVIDIA's tile cache rendering advantage in reducing memory bandwidth usage and Vega is gaining similar feature as per anandtech.com's article.

You missed my remarks on Nintendo Switch's tile cache rendering and double rate FP16 (pack math) feature optimizations would be important.

NVIDIA Maxwell/Pascals already has pack math features with integer datatypes.

Minus double rate FP16 feature, NVIDIA Pascal GP102 and GP104 already has Vega's features on load balancing triangle/polygon workload dispatcher, tile cache render with polygon binning, pack math with integer datatypes , multi-threading/async threads DX11 driver i.e. major speed up features for DX12 and 'etc'.

You then have unsupported claims for Scorpio can only do 4k with medium graphics settings when R9-390X delivers high/very high/ultra/max at 4K~30 fps. It be would easier to counter claim with similar shit inverse claim e.g.

Claim starter: Scorpio can only do 4k with medium graphics settings.

Counter claim: Scorpio can do 4k with high/very high/ultra/max graphics settings. Happy?

I was correct NVIDIA Kepler GPUs are shit that will age badly.