commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

The bc program was defenitely a good idea and a lot of people are certainly glad they can play some x360 games on the xboxone.

But when I look at the list of bc titles I didn't even realize the x360 had so much crap titles. It wouldn't even be such a problem if the big titles didn't take ages to become backwards compatible, sure a lot of big titles are already on the bc program , but a lot of major titles aren't even on there yet, and we're almost mid 2017, the bc program was announced in 2015 and started end 2015.

Every week I'm looking to see if something nice comes up and actually there isn't much to talk about, sure red dead redemption was nice, gta IV was nice allthough it ran like crap which is another point of criticism , it's good that most games get a performance boost but gta IV ran worse than on the x360.

They released call of duty black ops 2 recently, the most demanded game for bc, it took them a year and half , nice going dudes, you need to speed up the bc program because by the time the games release on there that I want, I won't care anymore, heck for a lot of games right now, that's already the case.

What do you think?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

I am not sure what it's failing at.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

can we link the fifa legends or what ever picture here

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 commander

@metalslimenite said:

It failed because it never put Tales of Vesperia on the list. Just more proof that Microsoft is oblivious when it comes to Japanese games.

well I have never played tales of vesperia but I've been waiting ages for dragon's dogma.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 commander

@howmakewood said:

can we link the fifa legends or what ever picture here

just you wait till fifa 2018.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Howmakewood

@commander said:

well I have never played tales of vesperia but I've been waiting ages for dragon's dogma.

Get it on PC, it runs great and you can most likely find it real cheap

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By commander

@howmakewood said:
@commander said:

yeah I thought about it too but I don't have a high level pawn on the pc. That's kind of the reason I never went with the pc version.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Is this for real? MS have moved hundreds of 360 games to XB1, big and small. Mass Effects, RDR, GTA 4, Orange Box, Portal 2, CODs, Oblivion, pretty much all 1st party games, all Bioshocks... to name a small few.

And making games BC isn't up to MS... its up to devs to approve them first.

Fu** there's some dumb threads on these forums.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Howmakewood

@commander said:
@howmakewood said:
@commander said:

yeah I thought about it too but I don't have a high level pawn on the pc. That's kind of the reason I never went with the pc version.

You can actually import your x360 data to PC version, think there was a real simple tool for it too: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=192292605&postcount=579

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By commander
@howmakewood said:
@commander said:

You can actually import your x360 data to PC version, think there was a real simple tool for it too: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=192292605&postcount=579

hmm, I don't have any saves anymore, I was kinda under the impression the pawn was linked to my account. I guess the pawn is lost then

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By commander

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Is this for real? MS have moved hundreds of 360 games to XB1, big and small. Mass Effects, RDR, GTA 4, Orange Box, Portal 2, CODs, Oblivion, pretty much all 1st party games, all Bioshocks... to name a small few.

ms could push (read pay) the devs to do this. The fact that you need a credit card to buy 360 games digitally on the xboxone is a major hurdle as well.

The games you mentioned are nice, but it took a long time before they got released and a lot of games are not released yet, not to mention we don't even know when or if they're going to be released. What about dragon's dogma, skyrim , kingdoms of amulur , war in the north, fight night champion, spartacus, red faction, top spin.

I don't think you realize how big the x360 library is. The bc program is a nice feature but this is a very light bc option we're getting, when it was announced they sure did give the impression we would get a lot more than we have gotten already, especially over a timespan of 18 months. They promised hundreds of titles, but they didn't mention most of them would be crap titles.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

At least BC will be a piece of cake for next gen consoles.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

I think it's doing quite well myself. It's not up to Microsoft on which games get the go ahead, well the games that they didn't publish at least. What games you like is subjective so while you may not care for some games there are others that do. I think that they've been doing a good job at releasing them as well. They don't just open the floodgates and they let some of the lesser known games get some time to shine as well.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

The bc is decent. Better than the ps4 option, that's for sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

Yeah, and the worst part is MS has been wasting resources all this time on bringing back old ass games instead of making new ones.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hrt_rulz01

@commander: So because you haven't got a few of the games you like yet, it's a failure? Come on dude.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Not sure how its failing. What games do you want? Its already got most of the games Id want to replay.

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nomadic8280
Member since 2017 • 476 Posts

Well I like COD. Which is not available at all in PS4's BC option, and probably never will be. And, after giving Killzone 3 a try on PS Now, *streaming* a FPS is just not fun. At all. So, if you're like me and actively play Black Ops 1 and 2 along with 3, then Xbox One makes sense. And don't get me started on Lag Ops 1 on the PS3...

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

Instead of wasting resources on making this half-assed bc M$ should be investing in new studios and games

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#21 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Less options > More options

Only at Gamespotâ„¢

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22  Edited By PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

The big joke is that it would of cost less for them to provide backwards compatibility in the system than it would to frankenstein every game one at a time to make it get to an "acceptable" level of working.

It was intentionally left out as they believed that there were enough stupid and uninformed console owners that they would make a lot reselling old games on the new system.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#23 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@commander: I think this is more blah blah blame Microsoft shit. It is up to the publishers whether a game goes to BC. It took a year and half to get BLOPS2? Well ask Activision about that, then. Its their call not MS'.

MS has the licenses for the 360 game codes. Publishers must agree to allow the code to be altered to run on X1. But thanks to remasters some would rather hold onto their games up the resolution to 1080p and charge people again for the game.

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nomadic8280

@PinchySkree: Not sure what point you are trying to make...you're saying that by not physically building Xbox and Xbox 360's into the Xbox One (because that's what it would take for 100% BC), they are wasting money by using software emulation instead and hand-picking the games that get tested and tweaked for BC...? I don't think that's accurate.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#25 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@metalslimenite said:

It failed because Microsoft never put Tales of Vesperia on the list. Just more proof that they are oblivious when it comes to Japanese games.

Yet Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are both BC. Maybe its because Tales is Captain Sweetchuck weaboo shyte LOL

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kvally

Here is fail:

Here is more fail, nobody is playing Black Ops 2:

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

You do know that Xbox listens to their gamers right, that's why they have an entire forum that surveys their gamers and asks them what games they want. And from there they do the work and try to put as much games on the BC list that their gamers were asking for.

The best part of Xbox BC is when they offer it free thru GwG. You get to keep those 360 GwG even when your subs expires. Meanwhile Sony does not support any BC on their current console, you have to pay extra to play last gen games. Also these cows that claim they don't play last gen games are paying full price for PS+ which offers last gen games. Since they don't play those last gen games, they are paying more for less. Cows think having less options is better lol. No wonder they're called cows.

If Xbox BC is failing, what does that mean for PS4 BC, oh wait. Another failed attempt to make BC look bad. They really do have some dumb posters here.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#28 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

I was expecting the premise of the thread to be in regards to technical issues or at least some tangible issue other than "I'm complaining because there's old games I want to play that Microsoft and the respective developer hasn't made it available yet."

This thread is pretty silly.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

The pace is fine for me, they could slow down if they want even....of the dozen BC games I bought like Bully, Bayonetta, Blue Dragon, Catherine, etc I barely had time to play them. I'm glad they are releasing a lot of the lower profile XBLA games, I own a lot of those and its cool just seeing them pop up in my library. To each his own I guess, for me BC is just a nice bonus, can't really complain.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hrt_rulz01

@dakur said:

Instead of wasting resources on making this half-assed bc M$ should be investing in new studios and games

Do us all a favour and go away.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@kvally: Dude you just made my day! **** yeah DS 2 and 3.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I'm sorry but that's just silly.

Microsoft is the only one offering BC this generation. Literally anything is better than the competition. The fact that they are still updating the BC list and patching up not-so-great emulation is amazing.

Nintendo and Sony just give the middle finger to BC all together. They both prefer you just buy a tiny fraction of your old game library back through their stores so they can profit off of it.

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

This thread has jealousy written all over it. Free BC? Can't beat that.

NorseFetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NorseFetus
Member since 2013 • 56 Posts

@dakur said:

They have been, wait till E3, your mind will be amazed. Everyone should have an Xbox One, why have you not gotten one yet? You could sell your PS4 to help afford it.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#35 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

This thread is lol

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jv303
Member since 2014 • 545 Posts

Lame story, bro.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

It's failing because it doesn't have all the games you want? Okay. Whine to f*cking MS about it.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kvally

Surprised the mods are keeping this blog piece unlocked to be honest.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By commander

they must have heard me , dead space 2 and 3 released on bc today.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#40 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

The pc one seems to be working pretty good.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#41 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I think ms is doing an admiral job on bc. They could've charged like the competition, but they aren't. They are working with publishers to get the games being asked for onto the service. I couldn't ask for more.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Sounds like cows are failing at creating decent threads.

XB BC is at the best it's ever been, and they made thousands of dudebros happy when they released BO2 a few weeks back.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@commander: you got to be fucking kidding me, I don't know in which country you live in but you don't need a credit card to purchase digital games, supermarkets and even convenience stores here sell MS cards of different denominations so you can make your purchases.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hrt_rulz01

@gago-gago said:

You do know that Xbox listens to their gamers right, that's why they have an entire forum that surveys their gamers and asks them what games they want. And from there they do the work and try to put as much games on the BC list that their gamers were asking for.

The best part of Xbox BC is when they offer it free thru GwG. You get to keep those 360 GwG even when your subs expires. Meanwhile Sony does not support any BC on their current console, you have to pay extra to play last gen games. Also these cows that claim they don't play last gen games are paying full price for PS+ which offers last gen games. Since they don't play those last gen games, they are paying more for less. Cows think having less options is better lol. No wonder they're called cows.

If Xbox BC is failing, what does that mean for PS4 BC, oh wait. Another failed attempt to make BC look bad. They really do have some dumb posters here.

Spot on... but Sony could release a bag of shit as a product & cows will claim it's gold. Lol.

It still makes me laugh that Sony charges you again to buy those "classic" games on PS4, even if you owned them on PS3. "For the players" my arse.

Manticored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Manticored
Member since 2017 • 217 Posts

@Wasdie said:

I'm sorry but that's just silly.

Microsoft is the only one offering BC this generation. Literally anything is better than the competition. The fact that they are still updating the BC list and patching up not-so-great emulation is amazing.

Nintendo and Sony just give the middle finger to BC all together. They both prefer you just buy a tiny fraction of your old game library back through their stores so they can profit off of it.

My biggest thing is they're not giving it up, or slowing down with it, they're accelerating.

This isn't some half-baked thing they announced to win over people at E3 to later let dwindle, they've been putting nothing but constant effort and attention to this program and it's commendable and should be much appreciated.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@commander: It only fails because ppl are calling it "bc" when its just a series of emulation updates. Fourms just overhype the bonus it has becuase there isnt much else to hype

Similar to how ps now got overhyped becuase people pictured actually being able to play ps games via their personal computers.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

BC is doing phenomenal. Saying anything else is just fooling yourself.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

Still have my 360, but the improved performance is a big deal to me and I may trade in my XB1 for a scorpio if there's some good trade in deals.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

PS4 doesn't even do BC.

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 nomadic8280
@Livecommander said:

@commander: It only fails because ppl are calling it "bc" when its just a series of emulation updates. Fourms just overhype the bonus it has becuase there isnt much else to hype

Similar to how ps now got overhyped becuase people pictured actually being able to play ps games via their personal computers.

Firstly, what the hell would you call "backward compatible" then?

Secondly, who are these fools who thought for even a second PS Now was a PC-streaming service?