The Wii - lol

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

heavenz_hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 heavenz_hitman
Member since 2006 • 71 Posts

Seriously guys, who can play games on a last-gen console like this? It has the power of a xbox and just a motion sensing controller attached to it. How can it compete with the 360 and ps3? I know it isn't all about graphics but still, graphics do play an important role. Also, the wii-mote hasn't revolutionized anything, its just moving your hands.... :|

The online is pathetic. This is where the wii is beaten up like a 7 year old. Teh friend codes are so stupid and you have a different one for each game. How stupid is that? The only game worth playing online would be super smash bros.

The games are... generic /: When you ask a sheep what killer apps wis the wii gonna have, all they can come up with is - Metroid, Zelda and Mario. lol, these are the same games you were playing back on the snes :lol: The rest of the library is full of "kiddy" games with pokemon and s*** like that!

Sheep may come with the arguement of sales but last gen they didn't care about the sales :roll: Anyways, the sales are kinda high because the wii is just an impulse buy. Any kid who asks his parents to buy him a videogame gets a wii. Why? Because parents look at the cheapest option for their kid who has no idea of what a real console is.

I want no fanboyism in this thread. Please. only add, if you have something sensible to say.

i_like_pizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 i_like_pizza
Member since 2002 • 4683 Posts

Seriously guys, who can play games on a last-gen console like this? It has the power of a xbox and just a motion sensing controller attached to it. How can it compete with the 360 and ps3? I know it isn't all about graphics but still, graphics do play an important role. Also, the wii-mote hasn't revolutionized anything, its just moving your hands.... :|

The online is pathetic. This is where the wii is beaten up like a 7 year old. Teh friend codes are so stupid and you have a different one for each game. How stupid is that? The only game worth playing online would be super smash bros.

The games are... generic /: When you ask a sheep what killer apps wis the wii gonna have, all they can come up with is - Metroid, Zelda and Mario. lol, these are the same games you were playing back on the snes :lol: The rest of the library is full of "kiddy" games with pokemon and s*** like that!

Sheep may come with the arguement of sales but last gen they didn't care about the sales :roll: Anyways, the sales are kinda high because the wii is just an impulse buy. Any kid who asks his parents to buy him a videogame gets a wii. Why? Because parents look at the cheapest option for their kid who has no idea of what a real console is.

I want no fanboyism in

this thread.

heavenz_hitman

You've ruined yourself

SyluxElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SyluxElite
Member since 2006 • 8950 Posts
Did you get all that out? :) Are you feeling better? Good. Now go play a game. :D
Krudus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Krudus
Member since 2006 • 1156 Posts
[QUOTE="heavenz_hitman"]

Seriously guys, who can play games on a last-gen console like this? It has the power of a xbox and just a motion sensing controller attached to it. How can it compete with the 360 and ps3? I know it isn't all about graphics but still, graphics do play an important role. Also, the wii-mote hasn't revolutionized anything, its just moving your hands.... :|

The online is pathetic. This is where the wii is beaten up like a 7 year old. Teh friend codes are so stupid and you have a different one for each game. How stupid is that? The only game worth playing online would be super smash bros.

The games are... generic /: When you ask a sheep what killer apps wis the wii gonna have, all they can come up with is - Metroid, Zelda and Mario. lol, these are the same games you were playing back on the snes :lol: The rest of the library is full of "kiddy" games with pokemon and s*** like that!

I want no fanboyism in this thread. Please. only add, if you have something sensible to say.

i_like_pizza

You're ruined yourself

touché
carfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 carfan
Member since 2004 • 555 Posts
fission mailed
cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#6 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts

heavenz_hitman

This thread, lol

venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 venture00
Member since 2004 • 1060 Posts
Your moderation notice has been accepted. Thank you for making GameSpot a better place!
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
Think of the thousands of Wii-bashing threads that have ALL failed...this is next on the list. Wii = fresh, innovative and FUN.
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

I loled :lol:

(At this thread... not the Wii.) 

SyluxElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SyluxElite
Think of the thousands of Wii-bashing threads that have ALL failed...this is next on the list. Wii = fresh, innovative and FUN.Spartan070
Well said. :D Sonic and the Secret Rings FTW! (Which I am playing :D )
Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
Cows getting attacked left and right, so there extremely defensive today. :lol: (sit back and wait for the next big bad news for sony fanboys)
SyluxElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SyluxElite
[QUOTE="i_like_pizza"][QUOTE="heavenz_hitman"]

Seriously guys, who can play games on a last-gen console like this? It has the power of a xbox and just a motion sensing controller attached to it. How can it compete with the 360 and ps3? I know it isn't all about graphics but still, graphics do play an important role. Also, the wii-mote hasn't revolutionized anything, its just moving your hands.... :|

The online is pathetic. This is where the wii is beaten up like a 7 year old. Teh friend codes are so stupid and you have a different one for each game. How stupid is that? The only game worth playing online would be super smash bros.

The games are... generic /: When you ask a sheep what killer apps wis the wii gonna have, all they can come up with is - Metroid, Zelda and Mario. lol, these are the same games you were playing back on the snes :lol: The rest of the library is full of "kiddy" games with pokemon and s*** like that!

Krudus

You're ruined yourself

touché

double touche. 8)
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
I want no fanboyism in this thread. Please. only add, if you have something sensible to say.heavenz_hitman
Then I'll do this as sensibly as I can. *ahem* I disagree with you in just about every way possible. 1. The Wii is more powerful than the Xbox and has plenty of untapped potential. Good read on the power of the Wii. 2. The Wiimote is revolutionary in terms of how you play games. I've never had more fun with a sports game than I have with Wii Sports. The Freemotion controls make Madden feel like a new game. And the Wiimote makes Sonic's homing attack much more fun to perform than any previous outing. 3. Online isn't great but definately not pathetic. An integrated online network free of charge? Sounds good to me. And friend codes are optional and not a big hassle. As someone with lots of experience with DS online, I can testify to that.
jeaglegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jeaglegs
Member since 2004 • 1017 Posts

LOL

All of those negative opinions and yet the Wii is kicking @ss.  Man, that has got to hurt -- and obviously it does.

inerte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 inerte
Member since 2004 • 1007 Posts
Not only everything you said is true, the Wii is going to win this generation.
LoeJance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 LoeJance
Member since 2006 • 1595 Posts

heavenz_hitman

It's not hard putting in a 12 digit code.

Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
Manhunt 2
Godfather
No More Heroes

Four other games that are "killer apps" and are not "kiddie" 

and your a fanboy for making this thread.

Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gears360
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts
i knew a guy who worked as salesman of xbox360 and he told me that around 2- 3 kids (like 7 years old) have asked him how to exchange their wiis for an xbox360 cause they found the games boring
oback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 oback
Member since 2004 • 7151 Posts
fantastic thread. you should totally be an editor
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts
one of the most original threads in years, this guy should get an award!
SyluxElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SyluxElite
i knew a guy who worked as salesman of xbox360 and he told me that around 2- 3 kids (like 7 years old) have asked him how to exchange their wiis for an xbox360 cause they found the games boringGears360
Gears360 your one of the biggest lemmings on this board........... why should we believe you? :? Unless you have pictures. :lol:
MasterC5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MasterC5
Member since 2006 • 2932 Posts
[QUOTE="heavenz_hitman"]

I want no fanboyism in

this thread.

i_like_pizza

You've ruined yourself

Really the fanboys are going to start flameing you so you better take a step back, also you should know that you're thread had fanboyism in it from that start infact you're post reaks of it.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hoffgod
Part 2 (broken up to avoid wall of text) 4. The games are not generic. You have a wide variety of unique IPs that use the Wiimote in innovative ways. Perfect example: Elebits. Or how about Trauma Center? As for killer apps, yes those are the key three titles. But what do you have on the 360? Halo 3. On the PS3? MGS 4, FF XIII, Ratchet & Clank. Welcome to the wonderful world of making video games. Rule 1: You will see sequals. 5. Wii is not an impulse buy because people need to work to find one. People aren't just walking into stores, seeing a Wii and buying one, they're waking up early on Sunday to get in line and get one. That's not exactly impulse. I hope that was sensible enough for you.
LoeJance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LoeJance
i knew a guy who worked as salesman of xbox360 and he told me that around 2- 3 kids (like 7 years old) have asked him how to exchange their wiis for an xbox360 cause they found the games boringGears360
Really. I once knew a guy who had no arms or legs and could still drive a car.
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts

[QUOTE="Gears360"]i knew a guy who worked as salesman of xbox360 and he told me that around 2- 3 kids (like 7 years old) have asked him how to exchange their wiis for an xbox360 cause they found the games boringLoeJance

with his face?  

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts

heavenz_hitman

the wii only sells because its an impulse buy?? people get up early in the morning to be at a store right when it opens for an impulse buy?? I think you should look up what impulse buy means. also you could play 3D games on the NES??

and one more thing "Its teh kiddy!!" you're 12 arent you. thats probably why you think 3D games were on teh NES

heavenz_hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 heavenz_hitman
[QUOTE="heavenz_hitman"]I want no fanboyism in this thread. Please. only add, if you have something sensible to say.Hoffgod
Then I'll do this as sensibly as I can. *ahem* I disagree with you in just about every way possible. 1. The Wii is more powerful than the Xbox and has plenty of untapped potential. Good read on the power of the Wii. 2. The Wiimote is revolutionary in terms of how you play games. I've never had more fun with a sports game than I have with Wii Sports. The Freemotion controls make Madden feel like a new game. And the Wiimote makes Sonic's homing attack much more fun to perform than any previous outing. 3. Online isn't great but definately not pathetic. An integrated online network free of charge? Sounds good to me. And friend codes are optional and not a big hassle. As someone with lots of experience with DS online, I can testify to that.

1. Show me games as proof. ownedx1 2. Motion sensing is nothing new. Sports games are way more fun with a 360 controller.[no ownage here though] 3. Wii codes are stupid. Why can't they have usernames? Wii codes are dumb. Oh and can you tell me which game your playing online right now? ownedx2
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
[QUOTE="Gears360"]i knew a guy who worked as salesman of xbox360 and he told me that around 2- 3 kids (like 7 years old) have asked him how to exchange their wiis for an xbox360 cause they found the games boringSyluxElite
Gears360 your one of the biggest lemmings on this board........... why should we believe you? :? Unless you have pictures. :lol:

Yeah I smell a fakeboy too.:wink:
heavenz_hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 heavenz_hitman
[QUOTE="i_like_pizza"][QUOTE="heavenz_hitman"]

I want no fanboyism in

this thread.

MasterC5

You've ruined yourself

Really the fanboys are going to start flameing you so you better take a step back, also you should know that you're thread had fanboyism in it from that start infact you're post reaks of it.

It speaks the truth! And apparently, you all can't handle that!
SyluxElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SyluxElite
[QUOTE="Hoffgod"][QUOTE="heavenz_hitman"]I want no fanboyism in this thread. Please. only add, if you have something sensible to say.heavenz_hitman

1. Show me games as proof. ownedx1 2. Motion sensing is nothing new. Sports games are way more fun with a 360 controller.[no ownage here though] 3. Wii codes are stupid. Why can't they have usernames? Wii codes are dumb. Oh and can you tell me which game your playing online right now? ownedx2

Half of what you said is opinions. Look at Mario Galaxy and Sonic and the Secret rings for that power. BTW I find it strange you come to answer THIS post and not the other ones with ownage on you. :lol:
Weapons_Free

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Weapons_Free
Member since 2006 • 1361 Posts

Your moderation notice has been accepted. Thank you for making GameSpot a better place!venture00

You know you can get moderated for posting stuff like that after you've reported a person?

jeaglegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jeaglegs
Member since 2004 • 1017 Posts

Really?  Wow!  That means ... ummmm ... exactly nothing.

coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
You do knopw that the average gamer is 39 now. Is that right? Well, I know it is above 20 and below 40so your attempt at the "Mommy, buyzes meez a Viduu gaim consolzzz :cry:" doesn't really hold water, does it? And as to the rest of your post... Wii is the only Next-gen. console.
heavenz_hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 heavenz_hitman
[QUOTE="heavenz_hitman"]

LoeJance

Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
Manhunt 2
Godfather
No More Heroes

Manhunt 2 and No More heroes are the only ones that are atleast playable >.>

LOL

All of those negative opinions and yet the Wii is kicking @ss.  Man, that has got to hurt -- and obviously it does.

jeaglegs
360 still ahead ;)
LoeJance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LoeJance

[QUOTE="LoeJance"][QUOTE="Gears360"]i knew a guy who worked as salesman of xbox360 and he told me that around 2- 3 kids (like 7 years old) have asked him how to exchange their wiis for an xbox360 cause they found the games boringkansasdude2009

with his face?  

Yeah, he steered with his face, guess what he hit the pedals with, heres a hint It wasnt one of his leg nubs. :D
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
Dude, learn how to lie. first the "I know this guy" knocks down the credibility of that story right away. second little kids dont buy/trade in/deal with sales people or buy consoles. It would have been thier parents and even then its not likely. maybe one but not in multiples.
SyluxElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SyluxElite
[QUOTE="LoeJance"][QUOTE="heavenz_hitman"]

heavenz_hitman

Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
Manhunt 2
Godfather
No More Heroes

LOL

jeaglegs
360 still ahead ;)

How would you know if those two AREN'T playable yet? :? OWNED!
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Hoffgod
[QUOTE="Hoffgod"][QUOTE="heavenz_hitman"]I want no fanboyism in this thread. Please. only add, if you have something sensible to say.heavenz_hitman

1. You asked about power. You said
It has the power of a xbox and just a motion sensing controller attached to it.heavenz_hitman
Yet if you had read the thread I linked to, you'd see otherwise. You asked about power, and I gave you power. 2. Motion sensing is nothing new. Neither is 3D location sensing or IR pointer interface. But they've never been integrated into one device and never been used as the main control device for a videogame console. And I find sports games more fun with the Wiimote. 3. Did I say they were a better solution? No, I said they're overblown. And what game am I playing online right now? None, because I'm at work. After work, I'm going to go back to my dorm and play Tetris DS online. With friend codes. Oh noes.
i_like_pizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 i_like_pizza
Member since 2002 • 4683 Posts
[QUOTE="MasterC5"][QUOTE="i_like_pizza"][QUOTE="heavenz_hitman"]

I want no fanboyism in

this thread.

heavenz_hitman

You've ruined yourself

It speaks the truth! And apparently, you all can't handle that!

The internet is so lame.  Most people would get a quick pop in the nose or foot in the groin in about 2 seconds if they talked like this to people in the real world. 

I find it strange that people can be "wowed" by graphics, and then 2 years later say, "teH JaGIEZzzZ1!!1!11" 

I find it stranger that simply because a franchise has a new name, people think they are playing new games, rather than the same formula that has been repeated over and over again for the past 20 years +. 

You don't speak any truth.  You just made a lame thread and now you're digging yourself into a deeper hole.

heavenz_hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 heavenz_hitman
[QUOTE="heavenz_hitman"][QUOTE="Hoffgod"][QUOTE="heavenz_hitman"]I want no fanboyism in this thread. Please. only add, if you have something sensible to say.SyluxElite

Half of what you said is opinions. Look at Mario Galaxy and Sonic and the Secret rings for that power. BTW I find it strange you come to answer THIS post and not the other ones with ownage on you. :lol:

Opinions that are shared by majority of gamers.
MaTT2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MaTT2011
Member since 2005 • 3949 Posts
[QUOTE="heavenz_hitman"]

I want no fanboyism in

this thread.

i_like_pizza

You've ruined yourself

ownage approved
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
No fanboyism eh? If you wanted no fanboyism in your thread, you shouldn't have written your message n the first place.
LoeJance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LoeJance

heavenz_hitman

Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
Manhunt 2
Godfather
No More Heroes

godfather is the only playable game i listed. All the others haven't been released yet.
SyluxElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SyluxElite
[QUOTE="SyluxElite"][QUOTE="heavenz_hitman"][QUOTE="Hoffgod"][QUOTE="heavenz_hitman"]I want no fanboyism in this thread. Please. only add, if you have something sensible to say.heavenz_hitman

You speak for the majority of gamers? :? Tell me then, why does no one want a PS3? :lol:
Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Gears360
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts
[QUOTE="Gears360"]i knew a guy who worked as salesman of xbox360 and he told me that around 2- 3 kids (like 7 years old) have asked him how to exchange their wiis for an xbox360 cause they found the games boringSyluxElite

well i obviously have no proof, its just what i was told , hard to believe but the guy seemed sincere its not like absolutely 100% of kids shall love the wii , many like big hardcore games just like us
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
[QUOTE="heavenz_hitman"][QUOTE="Hoffgod"][QUOTE="heavenz_hitman"]I want no fanboyism in this thread. Please. only add, if you have something sensible to say.Hoffgod

1. You asked about power. You said
It has the power of a xbox and just a motion sensing controller attached to it.heavenz_hitman
Yet if you had read the thread I linked to, you'd see otherwise. You asked about power, and I gave you power. 2. Motion sensing is nothing new. Neither is 3D location sensing or IR pointer interface. But they've never been integrated into one device and never been used as the main control device for a videogame console. And I find sports games more fun with the Wiimote. 3. Did I say they were a better solution? No, I said they're overblown. And what game am I playing online right now? None, because I'm at work. After work, I'm going to go back to my dorm and play Tetris DS online. With friend codes. Oh noes.

Welcome to my sig. The white zone is for loading and unloading of flames only.
heavenz_hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 heavenz_hitman
[QUOTE="heavenz_hitman"][QUOTE="LoeJance"][QUOTE="heavenz_hitman"]

SyluxElite

Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
Manhunt 2
Godfather
No More Heroes

LOL

jeaglegs
360 still ahead ;)

How would you know if none of them ARE playable yet? :? OWNED!

From previews and stuff...
cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#47 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts

heavenz_hitman

Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
Manhunt 2
Godfather
No More Heroes

LOL

jeaglegs

360 still ahead ;)

So suddenly "Playable games count":roll: How do you know if they are playable or not. Look at all the other games on the other consoles with nothing but trailers.

bloodychimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bloodychimp
Member since 2006 • 933 Posts

heavenz_hitman

No More Heroes, Disaster - Day of Crisis, FF:CC, DQ:S, and Project HAMMER to name a few besides the old ninty favorites. 

heavenz_hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 heavenz_hitman
[QUOTE="heavenz_hitman"][QUOTE="SyluxElite"][QUOTE="heavenz_hitman"][QUOTE="Hoffgod"][QUOTE="heavenz_hitman"]I want no fanboyism in this thread. Please. only add, if you have something sensible to say.SyluxElite

You speak for the majority of gamers? :? Tell me then, why does no one want a PS3? :lol:

Because of teh price. The 360 on the other hand is owning all others.
jmorey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#50 jmorey01
Member since 2004 • 2637 Posts
Well I'm having a good time playing my so-called "last gen" console.