The Wii is not an innovation. Don't make me laugh.

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VirtuaCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 VirtuaCast
Member since 2008 • 840 Posts

[QUOTE="VirtuaCast"]It's not just innovation it's successful innovation, from a business point of viewprinceofshapeir
Only because Nintendo can paint a Gamecube white and tell people that they'll get healthy and fit from shaking their wrists.

Come on the Wii is more successful then the GameCube.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#52 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="VirtuaCast"]It's not just innovation it's successful innovation, from a business point of viewVirtuaCast

Only because Nintendo can paint a Gamecube white and tell people that they'll get healthy and fit from shaking their wrists.

Only because Nintendo has falsely marketed it to be a revolution in videogaming.
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#53 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

You're 2 years late.

At the moment though it's only been good for point and click, and FPS's. I guess the feeling I got from it when my brother had his was that it felt like an arcade in my house. (he had a few on the rail shooters)

Metroid Prime 3 made the Wii's controls awesome.

It's a good console to have with another console, e.g. 360 and Wii.

EuroMafia
I do have a gaming PC along with my Wii, but it's unfortunate that people say that you should own the Wii alongside a separate console. Apparently it wasn't meant to be a stand-alone system?
VirtuaCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 VirtuaCast
Member since 2008 • 840 Posts
[QUOTE="VirtuaCast"]

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] Only because Nintendo can paint a Gamecube white and tell people that they'll get healthy and fit from shaking their wrists.princeofshapeir

Only because Nintendo has falsely marketed it to be a revolution in videogaming.

Well I could say it was a revolution because Nintendo made it successful and other companies will follow suit, call it what you want but Nintendo did impact the industry and set it's mark on history.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="Willy105"]

Technically, the Wii is innovative, because other console manufacturers are putting elements from it into their console. Sony added a tilt sensor to their PS3 controller just months after the Wiimote was unveiled in TGS 2005. Microsoft has started a huge campaign to sell the Xbox 360 to casuals, and they have introduced to their system the Avatar, based on the success the feature had on the Wii. Even Sonic Unleashed borrows elements from Super Mario Galaxy, (3D to 2D, music). The Wii is an innovation, there's plenty of proof.princeofshapeir

Sony and Microsoft followed suit only because of the hype and positive reaction from many people following the Wii's unveiling. There's no reason why games like Twilight Princess, Galaxy, Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, and other killer apps couldn't be done on the 360. All of those games use minimal motion sensing.

They could be done on the 360, but I sure as Hell wouldn't want to aim with dual analog in Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3.

At the same time, 360 and PS3 games can be downsized regarding graphics so that one can play them on the Wii.

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
[QUOTE="EuroMafia"]

You're 2 years late.

At the moment though it's only been good for point and click, and FPS's. I guess the feeling I got from it when my brother had his was that it felt like an arcade in my house. (he had a few on the rail shooters)

Metroid Prime 3 made the Wii's controls awesome.

It's a good console to have with another console, e.g. 360 and Wii.

princeofshapeir
I do have a gaming PC along with my Wii, but it's unfortunate that people say that you should own the Wii alongside a separate console. Apparently it wasn't meant to be a stand-alone system?

That was my opinion, and at the moment it does have plenty of great games, but they're not consistent enough.
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts
[QUOTE="VirtuaCast"]

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] Only because Nintendo can paint a Gamecube white and tell people that they'll get healthy and fit from shaking their wrists.princeofshapeir

why they skyrocketed from no. 3 to no.1 they brought in a lot of people that did not care about games the wii still has a lot of games in genres outside of the popular ones i see it as revolutionary and didnt sony say that PS3 will be no.1 without even one game released.. that is false marketing as well
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

I was talking to someone yesterday who said COD5 was actually better on the wii, the controls felt very natural and were great.

Fact is Nintendo has just gone and changed gaming. They have turned us away from controllers and its a good thing, next gen could be full of motion sensing controllers, and its just another step close to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLiiUkh_r7U

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
If it's not innovative, what is? Or how many consoles with motion sensing do you own? Just try Metroid Prime 3.
rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 rogelio22
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts
if they were to downsize games like R2 or gears i would not get them for the wii!!! now if they were to upsize mario galaxy and zelda tp for 360 and ps3 i would gladly buy them again just for the way better graphics not to mention they could expand the games 50 times there size now that is innovation!!!! not gonna hapen though jus saying i prefer the game to look better than trying to use the stupid lil waggly stuff nintendo is getting richer up off