This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#201 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"]It states it needs a development in technology, and the wii hasnt proven that its technology hasnt been already seen in the last gen.were begining to go into a circle nowShift05

Well technically the Wii is a technological development beyond the GC. Its a "sequential upgrade in technology and innovation"....

Myamoto said The hardware is basically a GC, showing he himself believes the changes are very minimal. In every new generation we have seen large changes in development in technology, but not from the wii moving into this gen.

He said they're very similar in the way they are designed. That doesn't = they are as powerful as each other. "The wii is 2-3 more times powerful than the gamecube" -The REGINATOR!!!!!. Your definition didn't say anything about EXTENT of innovation of improvement. It merely said an advancement. Unless I'm missing something.
jet052006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 jet052006
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts
[QUOTE="Shift05"][QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="prate20"]

Someone please convince me that the wii is truly next gen

komdosina

Hmmm..... let's see here.......  The Wii comes after the PS2, GCN, and Xbox, and at the same time period as the 360 and PS3.  So therefore it is in the same generation as the 360 and PS3.  And the PS3 and 360 are next-gen, so since the Wii is in their generation it is also a next-generation console.  And for you that have taken Euclidean Geometry (not you TC), do you see how wonderful "proof" is now?

You need to read more than the first post then post yourself. I already pointed out the meaning of next generation in a technological term is:

A stage or period of sequential technological development and innovation. (found in dictionary)

Something isnt just next gen becuase it came out at the same time, and as well the wii hasnt really shown sequential technological development so it shouldnt be compared with the xbox360 and PS3, it should be compared with the PS2 and xbox.

Rumored specs that are known.

CPU MHz Wii 729MHz > Gamecube 485MHz.

GPU MHz Wii 243MHz > Gamecube 162MHz.

System RAM Wii 88MEG > Gamecube 40MEG.

Compaired to the Gamecube the Wii is nearly twice the power, compaired to the Xbox it has roughly the same clock speeds but with clearly more RAM, making it more powerful then the Xbox. Therefore by your shallow standards this system is as much a successor to the GC as the PS3 and Xbox 360 is to the PS2 and Xbox. As for convincing people to buy the Wii, well that's pointless whomever starts a thread like this doesn't need convincing because their biased opinions already know the answer to that question is before they typed this thread. So this is a thread started as a flame topic.

Key word their RUMORED 

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"]It states it needs a development in technology, and the wii hasnt proven that its technology hasnt been already seen in the last gen.were begining to go into a circle nowShift05

Well technically the Wii is a technological development beyond the GC. Its a "sequential upgrade in technology and innovation"....

Myamoto said The hardware is basically a GC, showing he himself believes the changes are very minimal. In every new generation we have seen large changes in development in technology, but not from the wii moving into this gen.

Gaming is not all about graphics.

jeffwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 jeffwulf
Member since 2004 • 1569 Posts

Someone please convince me that the wii is truly next gen, its not just an upgraded ps2(or xbox or gamecube for that matter) with graphics that are a little better (and basically current gen compared to 360 and ps3) and a motion controller which I've heard gets pretty old. I can't imagine trying to play through a franchise on madden and having whip the controller forward everytime I throw the ball. Yes we can all agree that would get old. And then I should just turn it off then right? Well yes then there goes another reason for owning the gamecube 1.5, I mean a wii. And I don't care about it online all the systems go online wipdeedoo. In my eyes nintendo gets no free pass here, stop half-assing your effort and stop relying on mario and zelda games to get you by, they were the sh** 15 years ago and now you let those two great franchises lack in the possibilities of what they could of been. I don't care how well the wii is selling right now I realize its the cheapest new console out there and thats appealing to alot of people who like the half assed graphics and the titles it carries, but I do have a feeling once more games come out for the true next gen systems people would of wished they had gotten a real next gen console instead of gc 1.5, the 'wii'. And if you are rich and can afford both next gen systems, and the 1.5 as I am going to refer to it now, then great for you but it still doesn't change my point that, my friends, the 1.5, is not next gen. Nuff said.

prate20

You know, I was reading throw your shpeel, and I was really starting to think the Wii was a last gen system.  However, As soon as you said that it was "(and basically current gen compared to 360 and ps3)", I realised you're right, it is current gen compared to the PS3 and the XBox 360!  Thanks for showing me the error of my ways and making me see the Wii is part of the current generation of Systems.  I owe you big time for opening my eyes!

Koopaknight29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Koopaknight29
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts

Guys, guys, why are you trying to reason with this rube? Obviously he has already made up his mind on the subject and nothing you say will shake him on it. He'll just find some small technicality to invalidate your arguments (no matter how sound they are...) and close his eyes to anymore discussion. You can see this in the many retreads throughout the thread. Just call it a day and flag a mod, this thread is stagnating.

Well okay, I'll at least try. The Wii is "next-gen", no ifs, ands, or buts. It is the successor of the Gamecube and has a more efficient architecture than its predecessor. Its smaller, quieter, more power-efficient, and doesn't need a power brick the size of Rhode Island (internal or external) to run it. It exchanges pure horsepower for a less bloated architecture overall and that is one aspect of technological advancement, miniaturization. It might not fit your standards, but it still fits the basic profile of a next generation product, an improvement over the previous version.

Really. That it. No need to make it complicated.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#206 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

Your going to call me a fanboy becuase I dont share the same opinions as you doesnt seem fair, but whatever....

You yourself just said not advanced in the graphical compartment, I thought the wii was made for games shouldnt we see an increase in graphics showing a focus on games, or is it just a game cube glossed up with a few new features seen before, and some not even necessary, and a slight increase in graphics. To me this doesnt make it apart of a new generation. 

Shift05

That's weird, I don't recall EVER calling you a fanboy. :|

And I did mention that the Wii's graphics are slightly stronger than the Xbox, so technically it is advanced.  And you say a "few" new features.... wow, that's kind of out there.  The GC couldn't do anything but play games, so basically the Wii has tons of new features, and the motion sensitive controller is quite new.  No reason that shouldn't make it a part of a new generation.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#207 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"]It states it needs a development in technology, and the wii hasnt proven that its technology hasnt been already seen in the last gen.were begining to go into a circle nowShift05

Myamoto said The hardware is basically a GC, showing he himself believes the changes are very minimal. In every new generation we have seen large changes in development in technology, but not from the wii moving into this gen.

I believe he was talking in about programing. you can take that to mean that it's using power pc and is single core. my old  pentium 100mhz is basically the same as a p4 3.2 mhz when i comes to programing compared to programing for dual cores. 

Shift05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Shift05
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts
[QUOTE="Shift05"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"]It states it needs a development in technology, and the wii hasnt proven that its technology hasnt been already seen in the last gen.were begining to go into a circle nowVandalvideo

He said they're very similar in the way they are designed. That doesn't = they are as powerful as each other. "The wii is 2-3 more times powerful than the gamecube" -The REGINATOR!!!!!. Your definition didn't say anything about EXTENT of innovation of improvement. It merely said an advancement. Unless I'm missing something.

Well the Original Xbox had many new feature and better hardware, and online, than the other 2 consoles, but it was a low amount. Nobody said Xbox was a different generation becuase it didn't show a larger jump in technology, even though it came out later. Just like the wii it has minimal changes and doesnt reguire it to be placed in a new generation. Just like many technology products through out the world, you dont feel that the product is next gen even though it may be new until you can feel a great leap in technology. Such as dvd to HDDVD and Blueray, there were many new DVD players that did many new things but werent considered to be in a different generation, until a larger leap accord. I beleive nentindo didnt make the leap with the Wii.

I gtg so ill pick this up later.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"]

Well the Original Xbox had many new feature and better hardware, and online, than the other 2 consoles, but it was a low amount. Nobody said Xbox was a different generation becuase it didn't show a larger jump in technology, even though it came out later. Just like the wii it has minimal changes and doesnt reguire it to be placed in a new generation. Just like many technology products through out the world, you dont feel that the product is next gen even though it may be new until you can feel a great leap in technology. Such as dvd to HDDVD and Blueray, there were many new DVD players that did many new things but werent considered to be in a different generation, until a larger leap accord. I beleive nentindo didnt make the leap with the Wii.

Well ask yourself, what was the first xbox a "sequential upgrade" of? Of course it wasn't a next gen platform, it had no previous gen installment.
jet052006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 jet052006

Guys, guys, why are you trying to reason with this rube? Obviously he has already made up his mind on the subject and nothing you say will shake him on it. He'll just find some small technicality to invalidate your arguments (no matter how sound they are...) and close his eyes to anymore discussion. You can see this in the many retreads throughout the thread. Just call it a day and flag a mod, this thread is stagnating.

Well okay, I'll at least try. The Wii is "next-gen", no ifs, ands, or buts. It is the successor of the Gamecube and has a more efficient architecture than its predecessor. Its smaller, quieter, more power-efficient, and doesn't need a power brick the size of Rhode Island (internal or external) to run it. It exchanges pure horsepower for a less bloated architecture overall and that is one aspect of technological advancement, miniaturization. It might not fit your standards, but it still fits the basic profile of a next generation product, an improvement over the previous version.

Really. That it. No need to make it complicated.

Koopaknight29

But by these standard we would have to then call the ps2 slim next gen, it was suppose to increase power, and became smaller with "less bloated architecture", and to include new features to the ps2. their has been plenty of consoles that made new consoles that were to include more power, new features but we never claimed them to be next-gen.

And i dont think the TC is no longer in this thread, not for awhile now.

jet052006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 jet052006
[QUOTE="Shift05"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"]It states it needs a development in technology, and the wii hasnt proven that its technology hasnt been already seen in the last gen.were begining to go into a circle nowVandalvideo

Well ask yourself, what was the first xbox a "sequential upgrade" of? Of course it wasn't a next gen platform, it had no previous gen installment.

Isnt that further proving the point that we compare consoles to the consoles around them, other wise the xbox 1 should have been competing with some of the first consoles ever made because of it not having a previous console. most people are argueing that wii is next gen just because of it coming out after gamecube.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 GamerForca
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"]It states it needs a development in technology, and the wii hasnt proven that its technology hasnt been already seen in the last gen.were begining to go into a circle nowjet052006

Isnt that further proving the point that we compare consoles to the consoles around them, other wise the xbox 1 should have been competing with some of the first consoles ever made because of it not having a previous console. most people are argueing that wii is next gen just because of it coming out after gamecube.

Exactly, and the consoles around the Wii are the PS3 and 360.  Case closed.

jet052006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 jet052006
[QUOTE="jet052006"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"]It states it needs a development in technology, and the wii hasnt proven that its technology hasnt been already seen in the last gen.were begining to go into a circle nowGamerForca

No they arnt, they are the ps2, and xbox 1, the ps3 and xbox360 are way out of its league.(i didnt say close to i said compare to.)

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Vandalvideo
Isnt that further proving the point that we compare consoles to the consoles around them, other wise the xbox 1 should have been competing with some of the first consoles ever made because of it not having a previous console. most people are argueing that wii is next gen just because of it coming out after gamecube.jet052006
No, its further proof that next gen is seen as a sequential order with one following after something. The 360 had no predecessors, so it couldn't have rightfully been next gen no matter how much more advanced it was, because it was coming out at the same time as the other systems.
Shift05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Shift05

[QUOTE="jet052006"]Isnt that further proving the point that we compare consoles to the consoles around them, other wise the xbox 1 should have been competing with some of the first consoles ever made because of it not having a previous console. most people are argueing that wii is next gen just because of it coming out after gamecube.Vandalvideo
No, its further proof that next gen is seen as a sequential order with one following after something. The 360 had no predecessors, so it couldn't have rightfully been next gen no matter how much more advanced it was, because it was coming out at the same time as the other systems.

I dont really understand where you heading with this...

But if we just go by becuase the wii was after the gamecube that means it is next gen, then nentindo would be a few generations above everything else. Nentindo has been out the longest so considering to you every new console by nentindo was a new gen. If this were the case playstation would only be in its 3rd gen, Xbox in its 2cd, and nentindo in its 5th gen or something like that. But that is not how it works ps1 was bumped up to the N64 gen becuase it was comparable to it. As well the Xbox was bumped up to the Gamecube and PS2 gen because it was comparable with it. So by this it shows consoles are placed in what gen they are comparable with. So the wii can only really be compared with the PS2 and Xbox so it is in that gen.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Vandalvideo

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="jet052006"]Isnt that further proving the point that we compare consoles to the consoles around them, other wise the xbox 1 should have been competing with some of the first consoles ever made because of it not having a previous console. most people are argueing that wii is next gen just because of it coming out after gamecube.Shift05

But if we just go by becuase the wii was after the gamecube that means it is next gen, then nentindo would be a few generations above everything else. Nentindo has been out the longest so considering to you every new console by nentindo was a new gen. If this were the case playstation would only be in its 3rd gen, Xbox in its 2cd, and nentindo in its 5th gen or something like that. But that is not how it works ps1 was bumped up to the N64 gen becuase it was comparable to it. As well the Xbox was bumped up to the Gamecube and PS2 gen because it was comparable with it. So by this it shows consoles are placed in what gen they are comparable with. So the wii can only really be compared with the PS2 and Xbox so it is in that gen.

Not exactly, look how far back this goes. When a new platform comes into the console race it starts in the generation of the others. The xbox was technically superior to the PS2 and GC by a lot. So why didn't that warrant a whole nother generation? Simply because it came in during that round. There are seven defined generations of gaming. Nintendo is in its fifth generation. It came out around the same time as the other platforms of its generation. Thats how its always been. Some random forumite on gamespot isn't going to change that.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 GamerForca
[QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="jet052006"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"]It states it needs a development in technology, and the wii hasnt proven that its technology hasnt been already seen in the last gen.were begining to go into a circle nowjet052006

No they arnt, they are the ps2, and xbox 1, the ps3 and xbox360 are way out of its league.(i didnt say close to i said compare to.)

*looks at the underlined sentence* The PS2 and the Xbox are not around the Wii, the Xbox doesn't even have support anymore.  And yes, you pretty much did say "close to" because you said compare them to the consoles "around" them.

jet052006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 jet052006
[QUOTE="jet052006"][QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="jet052006"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"]It states it needs a development in technology, and the wii hasnt proven that its technology hasnt been already seen in the last gen.were begining to go into a circle nowGamerForca

*looks at the underlined sentence* The PS2 and the Xbox are not around the Wii, the Xbox doesn't even have support anymore.  And yes, you pretty much did say "close to" because you said compare them to the consoles "around" them.

Wow so instead of looking at the exact word i used (Compare) were going to spin it and put in our own word (Close), and i  was saying that the Wii is compared to the ps2, and xbox 1, its in now way comparable with the xbox 360 or ps3.

Shift05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Shift05
[QUOTE="Shift05"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="jet052006"]Isnt that further proving the point that we compare consoles to the consoles around them, other wise the xbox 1 should have been competing with some of the first consoles ever made because of it not having a previous console. most people are argueing that wii is next gen just because of it coming out after gamecube.Vandalvideo

Not exactly, look how far back this goes. When a new platform comes into the console race it starts in the generation of the others. The xbox was technically superior to the PS2 and GC by a lot. So why didn't that warrant a whole nother generation? Simply because it came in during that round. There are seven defined generations of gaming. Nintendo is in its fifth generation. It came out around the same time as the other platforms of its generation. Thats how its always been. Some random forumite on gamespot isn't going to change that.

I dont believe this is the case. If consoles were placed in the same gen as everyother console during that time then every gimmick 2 bit console would, considering to you, be in the same gen. But they are not becuase they are not seen as comparable with the other consoles. As well the Xbox was still not a large enough leap as seen from Xbox to the 360, and PS2 to the PS3, as well as the PS1 to the PS2. Each new console generation has shown major changes, xbox not showing enough. But the distance between the wii and the Gamecube is to small to be seen as a major advancement. As well the PS Slim came out being a new console but it was not considered to be a new generation becuase it was still comparable to the Xbox and Gamecube. With your reasoning it should have been the start of a new gen becuase it come out after the PS2, but it wasnt.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 GamerForca

Wow so instead of looking at the exact word i used (Compare) were going to spin it and put in our own word (Close), and i  was saying that the Wii is compared to the ps2, and xbox 1, its in now way comparable with the xbox 360 or ps3.

jet052006

You said COMPARE it to the consoles AROUND it.  No way comparable to the 360 and PS3?  True, except for the fact that it is competing with them.  Comparable to the PS2 and Xbox?  Tell me:  WHEN DID THE XBOX AND PS2 HAVE VCs, MOTION SENSITIVE CONTROLLERS, AVATARS LIKE MIIS, ETC???  NEVER.  It is comparable to none of them.

Shift05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Shift05
[QUOTE="jet052006"][QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="jet052006"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"]

If the Xbox doesnt have support any more then why can I play pretty much every online game still online. If it didnt have any support I wouldnt be able to play them any longer.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 GamerForca

If the Xbox doesnt have support any more then why can I play pretty much every online game still online. If it didnt have any support they would have closed all of those servers.

Shift05

Can you tell me the next game coming out for it?

jet052006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 jet052006
[QUOTE="jet052006"]

GamerForca

You said COMPARE it to the consoles AROUND it.  No way comparable to the 360 and PS3?  True, except for the fact that it is competing with them.  Comparable to the PS2 and Xbox?  Tell me:  WHEN DID THE XBOX AND PS2 HAVE VCs, MOTION SENSITIVE CONTROLLERS, AVATARS LIKE MIIS, ETC???  NEVER.  It is comparable to none of them.

We have seen virtual downloads on the xbox, we have seen motion controls before, and avatars like Mii would be the same as creating any character on any game, i dont see whats so impressive about these.

Now it is my turn. Can the Wii do any of these:

Play DVD movies.(even seen last gen)

Talk with other players while in 2 different games. (i dont even think you have a online game at this time)

Play games in any high definition format

download videos, movies, and trailers.

Create worlds as large as kameo with as many characters on screen

Play with PC users

Talk on MSN

Stream videos and music from your PC

and many other things

PhoebusFlows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 PhoebusFlows
Member since 2007 • 2050 Posts
The $250 of the Wii pretty much matches its abilities and features. I hate it when PS3 and Xbox 360 are made fun of for the price, but look at the stuff you can do. No one is forcing you to buy the PS3/Xbox 360, but you Sheep keep showing off Wii sales every day comparing it to a fully-featured PS3/Xbox 360.
Do you like comparing bicycle sales to Ducati motorcycle sales?
Shift05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Shift05
[QUOTE="Shift05"]

If the Xbox doesnt have support any more then why can I play pretty much every online game still online. If it didnt have any support they would have closed all of those servers.

GamerForca

NCAA Football 08 coming in early july this year.

Shift05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Shift05

The $250 of the Wii pretty much matches its abilities and features. I hate it when PS3 and Xbox 360 are made fun of for the price, but look at the stuff you can do. No one is forcing you to buy the PS3/Xbox 360, but you Sheep keep showing off Wii sales every day comparing it to a fully-featured PS3/Xbox 360.
Do you like comparing bicycle sales to Ducati motorcycle sales?PhoebusFlows

Exactly the same way I feel

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="jet052006"]Isnt that further proving the point that we compare consoles to the consoles around them, other wise the xbox 1 should have been competing with some of the first consoles ever made because of it not having a previous console. most people are argueing that wii is next gen just because of it coming out after gamecube.Shift05

I dont believe this is the case. If consoles were placed in the same gen as everyother console during that time then every gimmick 2 bit console would, considering to you, be in the same gen. But they are not becuase they are not seen as comparable with the other consoles. As well the Xbox was still not a large enough leap as seen from Xbox to the 360, and PS2 to the PS3, as well as the PS1 to the PS2. Each new console generation has shown major changes, xbox not showing enough. But the distance between the wii and the Gamecube is to small to be seen as a major advancement. As well the PS Slim came out being a new console but it was not considered to be a new generation becuase it was still comparable to the Xbox and Gamecube. With your reasoning it should have been the start of a new gen becuase it come out after the PS2, but it wasnt.

Too bad YOU don't decide generation changes. Its always been this way. When the new platform comes out, its always been the next generation. YOU have no say in that.
Shift05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Shift05
[QUOTE="Shift05"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="jet052006"]Isnt that further proving the point that we compare consoles to the consoles around them, other wise the xbox 1 should have been competing with some of the first consoles ever made because of it not having a previous console. most people are argueing that wii is next gen just because of it coming out after gamecube.Vandalvideo

Too bad YOU don't decide generation changes. Its always been this way. When the new platform comes out, its always been the next generation. YOU have no say in that.

This is becuase they have always had an advancement from the previous console. This is the first time a new console from a big company hasnt pulled away from the previous generation.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 GamerForca
[QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="jet052006"]

jet052006

We have seen virtual downloads on the xbox as extensively and as good as on Wii?, we have seen motion controls before on what console?, and avatars like Mii would be the same as creating any character on any game, i dont see whats so impressive about these. That you don't have to create new characters for every game, duh

Play DVD movies.(even seen last gen) when the add-on comes out (or if it has, I don't know, don't care, I have an HD-DVD player)

Talk with other players while in 2 different games. (i dont even think you have a online game at this time) DS can do it, Wii will too

Play games in any high definition format no, not really. I don't hate 480p though

download videos, movies, and trailers. Photo channel, though I don't know how limited it is, nor do I care

Create worlds as large as kameo with as many characters on screen We'll find out eventually

Play with PC users Can PS3 do this?

Talk on MSN Wii can go online, so I'm sure it can, though I've never tried it.

Stream videos and music from your PC Don't know and don't care, I have many other things that can

and many other things

Like I said, Wii really isn't comparable to any of them.

jet052006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 jet052006
[QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="Shift05"]

Shift05

LOL i bet he wasnt expecting that....

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 GamerForca
[QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="Shift05"]

Shift05

That's surprising, seeing as my GameStop doesn't advertise an Xbox version and that Xbox supposedly had its plug pulled.  But oh well.

jet052006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 jet052006

We have seen virtual downloads on the xbox as extensively and as good as on Wii?, we have seen motion controls before on what console?, and avatars like Mii would be the same as creating any character on any game, i dont see whats so impressive about these. That you don't have to create new characters for every game, duh

Play DVD movies.(even seen last gen) when the add-on comes out (or if it has, I don't know, don't care, I have an HD-DVD player)

Talk with other players while in 2 different games. (i dont even think you have a online game at this time) DS can do it, Wii will too

Play games in any high definition format no, not really. I don't hate 480p though

download videos, movies, and trailers. Photo channel, though I don't know how limited it is, nor do I care

Create worlds as large as kameo with as many characters on screen We'll find out eventually

Stream videos and music from your PC Don't know and don't care, I have many other things that can

and many other things

GamerForca

Well what was the point in bringing up features if your not even sure what the Wii can do, and you dont seem to really care about anything unless its playing games only. And its kinda sad that at this point it is lacking features that previous gens have had since the begining of there lifespan. ex: DVD player

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 GamerForca
[QUOTE="Shift05"][QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="Shift05"]

jet052006

Yep, you guys have me beat there.  I looked down at the Xbox's new releases and in the next 7 months it will receive a whopping 7 titles.  2 football games and a couple of games based on movies included.  It's definitely in full support and thus should be compared to the Wii.....

Bisset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Bisset
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerForca"]  

and many other things

jet052006

Well what was the point in bringing up features if your not even sure what the Wii can do, and you dont seem to really care about anything unless its playing games only. And its kinda sad that at this point it is lacking features that previous gens have had since the begining of there lifespan. ex: DVD player

Do you have a DVD player in your house apart from your 360?

If not then you can still buy a wii and a reasonable DVD player for cheaper than a 360

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 GamerForca
[QUOTE="GamerForca"]  

and many other things

jet052006

That's enough absurd things you've said for one night for me (I once again have to go back and remind you of things that you said).  It wasn't me that brought up features, it was you guys when you you said the Wii shouldn't be compared to the PS3 and 360 because it can't do anything they can do.  And I countered 7 out of the 11 features that you didn't think the Wii could do.

jet052006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 jet052006
[QUOTE="jet052006"][QUOTE="Shift05"][QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="Shift05"]

GamerForca

Yep, you guys have me beat there.  I looked down at the Xbox's new releases and in the next 7 months it will receive a whopping 7 titles.  2 football games and a couple of games based on movies included.  It's definitely in full support and thus should be compared to the Wii.....

Just because its not getting alot of games doesnt change the fact it still has support, and you are still able to play the previous games (some that look better than any Wii games).  

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#237 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
Replace Wii with PS2 in there, and it would make perfect sense. :lol:
jet052006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 jet052006
[QUOTE="jet052006"][QUOTE="GamerForca"]  

and many other things

GamerForca

That's enough absurd things you've said for one night for me (I once again have to go back and remind you of things that you said).  It wasn't me that brought up features, it was you guys when you you said the Wii shouldn't be compared to the PS3 and 360 because it can't do anything they can do.  And I countered 7 out of the 11 features that you didn't think the Wii could do.

Um no you didnt counter any you just said i think it will get a add on, or the DS can do it, you didnt even sound like your were sure for any of them and you even said that it can do MSN which is a Microsoft product.

I never started to put out a list of features like your self( i never planned on actually listing any features until you did). And the sad thing again is that i was able to counter your examples with previous gen technology. 

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Vandalvideo
This is becuase they have always had an advancement from the previous console. This is the first time a new console from a big company hasnt pulled away from the previous generation. Shift05
For the last time, the Wii is more powerful then every single last gen platform.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 GamerForca
[QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="jet052006"][QUOTE="Shift05"][QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="Shift05"]

jet052006

Just because its not getting alot of games doesnt change the fact it still has support, and you are still able to play the previous games (some that look better than any Wii games).  

Right, 7 games that might or might not come out is support.....

And I would like to argue graphics, but I have work in the morning and need sleep (keep this thread going for me).  However I would like to point out that Mario Galaxy looks better than anything you'll see on the Xbox (compare it to Conker's), MP3 officially better than Halo 2 and most Xbox shooters, and SSBB at least as good as any Xbox game.  True about the fact that Xbox games look better than Wii game now though.

coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#241 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
The 360 isn't next gen. Now you know what you sound like.
Shift05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Shift05
[QUOTE="jet052006"][QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="jet052006"]

GamerForca

We have seen virtual downloads on the xbox as extensively and as good as on Wii? ,the VC is pretty much selling other older gen games not showing anythin next gen.

we have seen motion controls before on what console?, Xbox and PS2

and avatars like Mii would be the same as creating any character on any game, i dont see whats so impressive about these. That you don't have to create new characters for every game, duh Mii avatars dont work on every single Wii game

Play DVD movies.(even seen last gen) when the add-on comes out (or if it has, I don't know, don't care, I have an HD-DVD player) It shouldnt need a Add-on even every other console except the Gamecube had it built in

Talk with other players while in 2 different games. (i dont even think you have a online game at this time) DS can do it, Wii will too Just becuase the DS can do it doesnt mean the Wii gets credit for it

Play games in any high definition format no, not really. I don't hate 480p though Every other new console has moved on leaving wii behind

download videos, movies, and trailers. Photo channel, though I don't know how limited it is, nor do I care The wii has nothing close to what you can download on the Xbox 360

Create worlds as large as kameo with as many characters on screen We'll find out eventually The future doesnt change the fact it doesnt have it now. As well in the development of Kameo they spawned 12,000 enemies on screen and it didnt effect frame rate at all. I dout the wii could handle that.

Play with PC users Can PS3 do this? No but its chances out weigh the posibility of the Wii ever having it. (I highly dout wii will ever have this)

Talk on MSN Wii can go online, so I'm sure it can, though I've never tried it. No wii cannot

Stream videos and music from your PC Don't know and don't care, I have many other things that can Other people care, it is a great feature to add further enjoyment from your console.

and many other things

Changes in Blue

Shift05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Shift05

The 360 isn't next gen. Now you know what you sound like.coreygames

No I dont, since I have things to back it up.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Tylendal
[QUOTE="jet052006"][QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="jet052006"][QUOTE="Shift05"][QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="Shift05"]

If the Xbox doesnt have support any more then why can I play pretty much every online game still online. If it didnt have any support they would have closed all of those servers.

GamerForca

Yep, you guys have me beat there. I looked down at the Xbox's new releases and in the next 7 months it will receive a whopping 7 titles. 2 football games and a couple of games based on movies included. It's definitely in full support and thus should be compared to the Wii.....

Right, 7 games that might or might not come out is support.....

And I would like to argue graphics, but I have work in the morning and need sleep (keep this thread going for me). However I would like to point out that Mario Galaxy looks better than anything you'll see on the Xbox (compare it to Conker's), MP3 officially better than Halo 2 and most Xbox shooters, and SSBB at least as good as any Xbox game. True about the fact that Xbox games look better than Wii game now though.

Umm, MP1 looked better than Halo 2 :roll: 

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Vandalvideo

[QUOTE="coreygames"]The 360 isn't next gen. Now you know what you sound like.Shift05

A misinterpreted MIyomoto statement and your opinion?
Shift05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Shift05

[QUOTE="Shift05"]This is becuase they have always had an advancement from the previous console. This is the first time a new console from a big company hasnt pulled away from the previous generation. Vandalvideo
For the last time, the Wii is more powerful then every single last gen platform.

Its advancements are so unoticible even Myamoto had to talk about it from the number of fans who believe the same thing as I. Companies making Next gen games, have said that their games wont work on the wii, if it was so next gen it would be able to handle next gen games. Even one of its talked about games Manhunt 2 will see another version on the PS2 showing this company sees the wii as having last gen power. The only argument you have is "it come after gamecube so it must be next gen" It is no where close to the Xbox 360 and PS3 lacking things even seen from last gen. Its power may have increased but not largly enough to make the gap into next gen. They might as well named it the Gamecube Slim becuase it has marginal differences.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Tylendal
[QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="jet052006"][QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="jet052006"]

Wow so instead of looking at the exact word i used (Compare) were going to spin it and put in our own word (Close), and i was saying that the Wii is compared to the ps2, and xbox 1, its in now way comparable with the xbox 360 or ps3.

Shift05

You said COMPARE it to the consoles AROUND it. No way comparable to the 360 and PS3? True, except for the fact that it is competing with them. Comparable to the PS2 and Xbox? Tell me: WHEN DID THE XBOX AND PS2 HAVE VCs, MOTION SENSITIVE CONTROLLERS, AVATARS LIKE MIIS, ETC??? NEVER. It is comparable to none of them.

We have seen virtual downloads on the xbox as extensively and as good as on Wii? ,the VC is pretty much selling other older gen games not showing anythin next gen. And the download services for PS3 and 360 are?

we have seen motion controls before on what console?, Xbox and PS2 Do you have amnesia?  Try it out.  I bet you money that your out of the box controller will not have motion sensing.

and avatars like Mii would be the same as creating any character on any game, i dont see whats so impressive about these. That you don't have to create new characters for every game, duh Mii avatars dont work on every single Wii game And every single game has customizable characters?

Play DVD movies.(even seen last gen) when the add-on comes out (or if it has, I don't know, don't care, I have an HD-DVD player) It shouldnt need a Add-on even every other console except the Gamecube had it built in I've seen console DVD players.  I'd rather use the one right above my T.V.

Talk with other players while in 2 different games. (i dont even think you have a online game at this time) DS can do it, Wii will too Just becuase the DS can do it doesnt mean the Wii gets credit for it Precendent has shown that features that are succesful on the D.S. will be brought to the Wii's online service.

Play games in any high definition format no, not really. I don't hate 480p though Every other new console has moved on leaving wii behind Most of the consumers have also been left behind.  That doesn't sound like a smart move.

download videos, movies, and trailers. Photo channel, though I don't know how limited it is, nor do I care The wii has nothing close to what you can download on the Xbox 360 P.C. will do that to.  Besides, what is their to download that improves your gaming experiance?

Create worlds as large as kameo with as many characters on screen We'll find out eventually The future doesnt change the fact it doesnt have it now. As well in the development of Kameo they spawned 12,000 enemies on screen and it didnt effect frame rate at all. I dout the wii could handle that. I'm sure that example was in more controlled conditions.  Either that or they had really poor AI.  Also, we have seen games in the past, such as Morrowind, and Metroid Prime that have humoungus environments.

Play with PC users Can PS3 do this? No but its chances out weigh the posibility of the Wii ever having it. (I highly dout wii will ever have this) Why would you want to play with P.C. users.  Are you saying there aren't very many 360 owners? Just joking.  Seriously though, it will probably be a lag fest, as well as having one side have a distinct advantage over the other, because of more efficient controls.

Talk on MSN Wii can go online, so I'm sure it can, though I've never tried it. No wii cannot Why would you waste time talking on MSN when you could be playing games.  Also, you could just go outside and talk to people that are physically there.

Stream videos and music from your PC Don't know and don't care, I have many other things that can Other people care, it is a great feature to add further enjoyment from your console.  So you don't like playing games?  It's a videogame console.  If you want it to do all this stuff, then just buy a computer.

and many other things

Changes in Blue

Responses in Green :D

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Vandalvideo

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Shift05"]This is becuase they have always had an advancement from the previous console. This is the first time a new console from a big company hasnt pulled away from the previous generation. Shift05

Its advancements are so unoticible even Myamoto had to talk about it from the number of fans who believe the same thing as I. Companies making Next gen games, have said that their games wont work on the wii, if it was so next gen it would be able to handle next gen games. Even one of its talked about games Manhunt 2 will see another version on the PS2 showing this company sees the wii as having last gen power. The only argument you have is "it come after gamecube so it must be next gen" It is no where close to the Xbox 360 and PS3 lacking things even seen from last gen. Its power may have increased but not largly enough to make the gap into next gen. They might as well named it the Gamecube Slim becuase it has marginal differences.

Your definition made NO mention of "ammount of upgrade" it merely said upgrade. So, none-the-less, point stands.
jet052006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 jet052006

[QUOTE="Shift05"]This is becuase they have always had an advancement from the previous console. This is the first time a new console from a big company hasnt pulled away from the previous generation. Vandalvideo

Well after your and shifts long debate both showing links about it not, or is being different, it comes out to who can actually show benchmarks comparing them, and like you have said supposily we cant because paper specs arnt always true, we have to look at the only thing that remains, the games and we cant look at that either because of you once again saying opinions arnt facts so i dont think any of you will be able to say it is or not stronger than last gen games. 

sry if my writing is no longer coherent im getting too tired to think anymore.

Shift05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Shift05
[QUOTE="Shift05"]

[QUOTE="coreygames"]The 360 isn't next gen. Now you know what you sound like.Vandalvideo

A misinterpreted MIyomoto statement and your opinion?

as well as IGN, companies making next gen games, many fans, developers such as Ubisoft dont even waste their time trying to make next gen games. As well as the following sites

http://wii.vggen.com/previews/rampage/

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/shiggy/miyamoto-on-the-wii-the-hardware-is-basically-a-gc-205086.php

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/737/737553p1.html

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20061031-8112.html

Do I need more?

I have yet to recieve a link saying the Wii is far superior to Last gen from you.