This topic is locked from further discussion.

prate20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 prate20
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Someone please convince me that the wii is truly next gen, its not just an upgraded ps2(or xbox or gamecube for that matter) with graphics that are a little better (and basically current gen compared to 360 and ps3) and a motion controller which I've heard gets pretty old. I can't imagine trying to play through a franchise on madden and having whip the controller forward everytime I throw the ball. Yes we can all agree that would get old.  And then I should just turn it off then right? Well yes then there goes another reason for owning the gamecube 1.5,  I mean a wii. And I don't care about it online all the systems go online wipdeedoo. In my eyes nintendo gets no free pass here, stop half-assing your effort and stop relying on mario and zelda games to get you by, they were the sh** 15 years ago and now you let those two great franchises lack in the possibilities of what they could of been.  I don't care how well the wii is selling right now I realize its the cheapest new console out there and thats appealing to alot of people who like the half assed graphics and the titles it carries, but I do have a feeling once more games come out for the true next gen systems people would of wished they had gotten a real next gen console instead of gc 1.5, the 'wii'. And if you are rich and can afford both next gen systems, and the 1.5 as I am going to refer to it now, then great for you but it still doesn't change my point that, my friends, the 1.5, is not next gen.  Nuff said.

Avatar image for MARIOSDAD_basic
MARIOSDAD_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MARIOSDAD_basic
Member since 2002 • 1067 Posts

Someone please convince me that the wii is truly next gen,

prate20

NAAA im lazy

bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts
when a system name makes you think world war II when capitalized you know its good.
ThePancake_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ThePancake_God
Member since 2007 • 51 Posts
It really isint next gen..... I own one by the way too
springz300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 springz300
Member since 2004 • 2050 Posts
Wii isnt a good console right now, period.
prate20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 prate20

when a system name makes you think world war II when capitalized you know its good.bionicle_lover

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't world war 2 be WWII not WII? Looks like world 2 to me... which makes no damn sense anyways...

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts

these types of threads are stupid.

convince me the 360 isnt just an xbox with better graphics.

takisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 takisse
Member since 2007 • 281 Posts

the wii is really FUNNY!!!

isn' it enough? 

web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts
It isnt next-gen. Its current gen.
jet052006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jet052006
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts

laughingman42

The xbox 360 is offering more than just graphics it also is offering more power for developers to create larger worlds smarter enemies, and more depth. and has pulled away from wired controllers. and new online features. 

bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bionicle_lover

[QUOTE="bionicle_lover"]when a system name makes you think world war II when capitalized you know its good.prate20

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't world war 2 be WWII not WII? Looks like world 2 to me... which makes no damn sense anyways...

ya but they look so similar. cause the two W's just look so dam confusing WWWW like a series of mountains

Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts

The Wii isn't next gen.

Its new gen. 

Halo2_Norad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Halo2_Norad
Member since 2002 • 3802 Posts
the wii is not next gen. Its a gamecube with a Power Glove rencarnate.
bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bionicle_lover

The Wii isn't next gen.

Its new gen.

Acemaster27

but people dont like..........new 

Bisset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bisset
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts
[QUOTE="laughingman42"]

jet052006

The xbox 360 is offering more than just graphics it also is offering more power for developers to create larger worlds smarter enemies, and more depth. and has pulled away from wired controllers. and new online features. 

I had wireless controllers on my Xbox, i had online on my Xbox and the wii can do large worlds/smart enemies too, the devs just have to work hard... same as the original xbox.

Continue...

TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts

The Wii came after the GameCube... therefore it is next-gen, or current-gen.

That was easy.

Bisset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bisset
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts

the wii is not next gen. Its a gamecube with a Power Glove rencarnate.Halo2_Norad

The Xbox 360 isn't next gen, its an Xbox with HD graphics

springz300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 springz300
Member since 2004 • 2050 Posts

[QUOTE="Halo2_Norad"]the wii is not next gen. Its a gamecube with a Power Glove rencarnate.Bisset

You dont counter stupidity with stupidity. 
standcm12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 standcm12
Member since 2005 • 1121 Posts

nintendo pplz: "its not next-gen, its NEW-GEN!"

lame0rz

bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bionicle_lover

[QUOTE="Halo2_Norad"]the wii is not next gen. Its a gamecube with a Power Glove rencarnate.Bisset

but look at the failure rates. it was defeated by or close to the ps2. therfore it is inferior. :(

ThePancake_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ThePancake_God
Member since 2007 • 51 Posts

um.... wow 

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 laughingman42
[QUOTE="laughingman42"]

jet052006

ok.

the wii offers up a whole new set of games. stuff like wiisports and trama center could haev never been done well on consoles before, Possibly new levels of immersion not offered before. Did you see the thread about how many people on this site think manhunt2 might just be a little to immersive with the wiimote actually being able to mimic the killing styles? not only that it has teh VC, internet browser, news channel, weather channel, and online gaming for the first time on a nintendo console. good enough for you? ITs also more powerful than any console last gen.

Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts

lame0rz

standcm12

U dare insult the words of Reggie?! He eats Cow-Lemming cereal for breakfast.

Then he goes to work to compare the sales charts of nintendo to those of M$ and Sony.

bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bionicle_lover
[QUOTE="standcm12"]

lame0rz

Acemaster27

U dare insult the words of Reggie?! He eats Cow-Lemming cereal for breakfast.

Then he goes to work to compare the sales charts of nintendo to those of M$ and Sony.

wait, i eat cows. am i almost as good as reggie? now about those lemmings.... and breakfast...... 

chillax68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 chillax68
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
look smart people The wii,ps3, and 360 are all current gen "hello!!!" aren't they out right now their for they are for our generation and face it all are great systems and the guy who started this forum is trying to agravate us all don't let it happen wii all know that 360 and wii are bomb whie ps3 is bomb also it is truly truly not worth 600 okay and if you think it is... your crazy and i don't care if it plays bluray they need to lower the price of bluray players too I can buy the same movie that's on bluray and play it on dvd format for the same price and I'm sorry but graphics don't go a long ways their could be a game with real life graphics that has controls like an Fps On the nes... yeah not great.
jet052006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jet052006
[QUOTE="jet052006"][QUOTE="laughingman42"]

Bisset

I had wireless controllers on my Xbox, i had online on my Xbox and the wii can do large worlds/smart enemies too, the devs just have to work hard... same as the original xbox.

Continue...

On your Xbox could you go on MSN, or talk to people while in 2 different games, or download movies, demos, and other varios things.

Will Wii ever create worlds as large as Xbox 360 or PS3, signs point to no.

Xbox 360 has made almost every or if all controllers wireless for it(including devices like driving wheels), making wires obsolete while the original xbox had plenty of wires. 

and xbox360 and PS3 are using  high definition gaming.

can you say anything that really separates the Wii from last gen consoles other than a new controller.

chillax68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chillax68
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="Bisset"][QUOTE="jet052006"][QUOTE="laughingman42"]

jet052006

Continue...

On your Xbox could you go on MSN, or talk to people while in 2 different games, or download movies, demos, and other varios things.

Xbox 360 has made almost every or if all controllers wireless for it(including devices like driving wheels), making wires obsolete while the original xbox had plenty of wires. 

can you say anything that really separates the Wii from last gen consoles other than a new controller.

Okay look Wii has great graphics maybe not compared to the ps3 and xbox but it has great graphics and wii is fun much funner than the gamecube okay it has a feeling that you can't really explain without any other word besides fun have you ever played one?

jet052006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jet052006

look smart people The wii,ps3, and 360 are all current gen "hello!!!" aren't they out right now their for they are for our generation and face it all are great systems and the guy who started this forum is trying to agravate us all don't let it happen wii all know that 360 and wii are bomb whie ps3 is bomb also it is truly truly not worth 600 okay and if you think it is... your crazy and i don't care if it plays bluray they need to lower the price of bluray players too I can buy the same movie that's on bluray and play it on dvd format for the same price and I'm sorry but graphics don't go a long ways their could be a game with real life graphics that has controls like Fps On the nes... yeah not great.chillax68

We cant just say consoles are next gen because there out at the same time, or we will have to include things like all of those plug and play consoles which to me are no where close to the same category. There has to be a deciding factor to set them apart.

jet052006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jet052006
[QUOTE="jet052006"][QUOTE="Bisset"][QUOTE="jet052006"][QUOTE="laughingman42"]

chillax68

Continue...

Okay look Wii has great graphics maybe not compared to the ps3 and xbox but it has great graphics and wii is fun much funner than the gamecube okay it has a feeling that you can't really explain without any other word besides fun have you ever played one?

Im sure its fun but just because its fun doesnt make it any different than last gen consoles. I believe if the gamecube had the Wii motion controller it would be pretty much the same thing. 

I personally think the Wii is a great console but it is kinda unfair to say that it is in the same category as the xbox360 or ps3. 

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 laughingman42

[QUOTE="chillax68"]look smart people The wii,ps3, and 360 are all current gen "hello!!!" aren't they out right now their for they are for our generation and face it all are great systems and the guy who started this forum is trying to agravate us all don't let it happen wii all know that 360 and wii are bomb whie ps3 is bomb also it is truly truly not worth 600 okay and if you think it is... your crazy and i don't care if it plays bluray they need to lower the price of bluray players too I can buy the same movie that's on bluray and play it on dvd format for the same price and I'm sorry but graphics don't go a long ways their could be a game with real life graphics that has controls like Fps On the nes... yeah not great.jet052006

We cant just say consoles are next gen because there out at the same time, or we will have to include things like all of those plug and play consoles which to me are no where close to the same category. There has to be a deciding factor to set them apart.

why dont you respond to my post? it shows why.
jet052006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jet052006
[QUOTE="jet052006"][QUOTE="laughingman42"]

laughingman42

ok.

the wii offers up a whole new set of games. stuff like wiisports and trama center could haev never been done well on consoles before, Possibly new levels of immersion not offered before. Did you see the thread about how many people on this site think manhunt2 might just be a little to immersive with the wiimote actually being able to mimic the killing styles? not only that it has teh VC, internet browser, news channel, weather channel, and online gaming for the first time on a nintendo console. good enough for you? ITs also more powerful than any console last gen.

Are u really going to say that any game couldnt be done without the wii controller. If anything the wii controller isnt good with all games like smb brawl needing to use the gamecube controller. and bringing up manhunt 2 is further proving my point of it being comparable to last gen because there is also going to be a ps2 version.

any game on the wii could be done on the xbox 360 or ps3, would it be as fun? maybe not, but it doesnt work the other way around with all games on the xbox 360 and ps3 working on the Wii.

no one really knows how much more powerful it is, it hasnt proven itself at this time to be more powerful than games last gen.

i didnt respond earlier because i didnt see this post.

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
[QUOTE="Acemaster27"]

The Wii isn't next gen.

Its new gen.

bionicle_lover

but people dont like..........new

Apparently they do. 

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 laughingman42
[QUOTE="laughingman42"][QUOTE="jet052006"][QUOTE="laughingman42"]

jet052006

ok.

Are u really going to say that any game couldnt be done without the wii controller. If anything the wii controller isnt good with all games like smb brawl needing to use the gamecube controller. and bringing up manhunt 2 is further proving my point of it being comparable to last gen because there is also going to be a ps2 version.

any game on the wii could be done on the xbox 360 or ps3, would it be as fun? maybe not, but it doesnt work the other way around with all games on the xbox 360 and ps3 working on the Wii.

yes it does work both ways. any game made specifically for the 360 could be done on the wii just downgraded. the difference between a wii version of oblivion and the 360 version of oblivion wouldnt be to different (running oblivion on low settings on PC would probably be about it) now think if wii sports or trama center was on the wii. They would both be essensially unplayable.

you think far to linearly

Avatar image for tylerdurden2621
tylerdurden2621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tylerdurden2621
Member since 2006 • 704 Posts
The wii is total garbage, I just can't stress enough how unhappy I am with my purchase. I have had the least amount of fun, and feel very let down by the wii. Horrible horrible console. I struggle to think of anything positive about the wii. If you are considering getting a wii, just get a gamecube. The wii is the most over priced console, its definitley not worth 250, not even close. PS3 and 360 are more money, but you get more for your money.
jet052006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jet052006
[QUOTE="jet052006"][QUOTE="laughingman42"][QUOTE="jet052006"][QUOTE="laughingman42"]

laughingman42

ok.

yes it does work both ways. any game made specifically for the 360 could be done on the wii just downgraded. the difference between a wii version of oblivion and the 360 version of oblivion wouldnt be to different (running oblivion on low settings on PC would probably be about it) now think if wii sports or trama center was on the wii. They would both be essensially unplayable.

you think far to linearly

So your saying once again that the Wii controller can do more than a normal controller. Both allow you to do the same thing but in different methods. Seeing how the xbox 360 and ps3 have plenty of sports games im pretty sure they will be able to handle Wii sports. Even if you could downgrade oblivion wich is highly doubtful it would have to be downgraded so much it would be a whole different game. Oblivion came out in the early stages of the xbox360 and ps3 imagine what games will be like in the future.

Their is a difference of putting a game on low setting on the PC which is potentially just lowering graphics,  but for the Wii you would have to reduce both graphics, and the large enviroments, and possible how much players could be on screen at once.

prate20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 prate20

I personally think the Wii is a great console but it is kinda unfair to say that it is in the same category as the xbox360 or ps3. 

Hey you people who own wii's tell me you don't agree with the statement above?! IF the wii would of advertised itself as being a basically current gen system, granted its better graphic wise but nothing compared to the true next gen consoles, and having a motion controller, which doesnt mean jack to me cause I know the ps3 has a motion controller you can use on baseball games to swing and the 360 could probably implement it if they want to, then maybe I would have some respect for there system.  Comparing the 360 or ps3 to a wii is not even possible.  And don't tell me it has the weather online, ya know I can check the weather on my tv, in the newspaper, or on here!  What a useless thing to put on a console. The ps3 and 360 bring you some of the most realistic graphics ever seen on a console, and the wii brings me the weather! Well I guess theres one point for the wii in all of this, If I save up all the quarters I would be buying newspaper with and got a wii, lets see thats a dollar every 4 days so I would be better off saving my money for around 4 1/2 years and not buying a paper and I would get free weather there and after for ever and ever.  Wow I am really starting to see the benefits now...

It comes down to the quality of the gaming experience overall, but maybe I am looking at this wrong, if you pay 200 dollars then you obviously have not chosen to go next gen and choose to accept the level the wii is on.  Maybe you are happier with the wii and thats what you want and I did not criticize anyone for that.  But that does by no means make it next gen, I do consider next gen and I think most people consider next gen to really take the next step to put you into your system and make you part of the atmosphere, and the wii simply does not do that.  Seriously  I think God Of War 2's graphics on ps2 can match the graphics on the wii as of right now. That's open for debate, I've seen wii's, I've played them, I do NOT own one, I wont even lie there, I just dont beleive its next gen. It's just not enough of a punch compared to the 360 and PS3.

jet052006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jet052006

laughingman42
So the only thing that makes a console "next gen" is more power?

Ive already stated the different things the xbox360 has to offer other than just power.

We are starting to go into a circle now with this conversation

I see it as this, if i have to think about if something is really next gen(this gen) it isnt, it should be blowing me away from last gen or why waste my money going to the new gen. no one asks questions about the xbox 360 or ps3 worthiness of next gen, but people ask questions about the Wii.

prate20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 prate20
LOL I did not even realize the wii was $250 not $200, guess I've never looked at purchasing one, anyways my points stand as well as everything everyone else has said; the wii is in a class of its own, but it is definately not next gen.  Maybe we should create a "We are better than current gen, but no where near next gen" class, specifically for the wii.
Avatar image for tylerdurden2621
tylerdurden2621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tylerdurden2621
Member since 2006 • 704 Posts
LOL I did not even realize the wii was $250 not $200, guess I've never looked at purchasing one, anyways my points stand as well as everything everyone else has said; the wii is in a class of its own, but it is definately not next gen.  Maybe we should create a "We are better than current gen, but no where near next gen" class, specifically for the wii. prate20
Maybe things have changed, but they force lame ass wii sports to justify the extra 50 bucks. Wii sports isn't even a real game, its basically a demo game that you have to pay 50 bucks for. Maybe things have changed now, but when I got mine you had to pay 249.99, you were getting wii sports like it or not.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#41 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Ugh, another "is the Wii next gen" thread? As much as I loathe this analogy, and by loathe I mean FREAKING LOVE: Let me ask you a logical question tied to this. You have a child. Your child's name is....Wii. Lets say I pick up this nice little baseball bat and BASH YOUR SON UPSIDE THE HEAD. (I'm violent). Your son is now a disfigured, mentally slow child. Is he any less your son? Is he any less your offspring? Is he any less...."your next generation"? NO! This sensationalist metaphor was brought to you by Vandalvideo.
killerkop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 killerkop
Member since 2004 • 2187 Posts
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Ugh, another "is the Wii next gen" thread? As much as I loathe this analogy, and by loathe I mean FREAKING LOVE: Let me ask you a logical question tied to this. You have a child. Your child's name is....Wii. Lets say I pick up this nice little baseball bat and BASH YOUR SON UPSIDE THE HEAD. (I'm violent). Your son is now a disfigured, mentally slow child. Is he any less your son? Is he any less your offspring? Is he any less...."your next generation"? NO! This sensationalist metaphor was brought to you by Vandalvideo.

Nice. But since its Wii, you'd actually get to swing the baseball bat to smash him in the dome. Otherwise, you just hit a button.
lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lucas_kelly
Member since 2005 • 5783 Posts
I think people are going to have a pretty hard time trying to explane how it is next gen. It has yet to have a game with graphic better than even PS2 games, the Wii is next gen but not next gen quality.
jukieuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jukieuk
Member since 2006 • 940 Posts

The wii is my favouite console is the wii, i love wii sports and playing tennis with the new controls is 100 times better then pressing the x button.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

The wii is my favouite console is the wii, i love wii sports and playing tennis with the new controls is 100 times better then pressing the x button.

jukieuk

Ahhh - well you see, on a real this gen console you not only hit the tennis ball with the " X " button but you actually ( get this lol ) need to move the joystick in the direction you want the player to move to be in the right place to hit the ball and seeing as that's a strong point in real tennis - well... Just saying lol

Try Top Spin and even try to compare Wii Tennis - on second thought; dont even try lmao ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

Gamecube = last gen.  PS2 = last gen.  Xbox = last gen.

Wii = current gen.  PS3 = current gen.  360 = current gen.

Convinced yet?

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

Gamecube = last gen.  PS2 = last gen.  Xbox = last gen. Wii = current gen.  PS3 = current gen.  360 = current gen. Convinced yet?Jandurin

Unfortunetly,people don't seem to understand this simple logic.Of course,this is System Wars....

creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts
[QUOTE="prate20"]

Someone please convince me that the wii is truly next gen,

MARIOSDAD_basic

NAAA im lazy

Amio :D 

TNT_Slug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TNT_Slug
Member since 2007 • 1735 Posts

The Xbox 360 isn't next gen. The PS3 isn't next gen. And yeah, the Wii ain't next gen either.

They're all current gen :wink:

haols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 haols
Member since 2005 • 2348 Posts
It is really easy to know that it is next-gen :?

Is it made after Nintendo's last console?

Yes,
Was it released at the same time as the other two?

Yes.

Repeat this if needed, those are really the only things that matters, in case you believe there is something else needed to be next-gen, show me a link.