The truth is out, Forza 3 graphics not so great (NO 56K)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BlackTragedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 BlackTragedy
Member since 2009 • 1830 Posts

burnout p

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

This is what happens when fanboys look at too many pics and not enough vids (high-quality of course)..

radoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 radoman
Member since 2008 • 297 Posts

BlackTregedy do u own a 360?

spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 spike6566
Member since 2008 • 1630 Posts
[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

[QUOTE="spike6566"][QUOTE="vaderhater"]Why do you hang out there to begin with? We all know you hate the 360. Pretty sad if you ask me.

well lets see, its called System Wars. so that is why i am here. unless they change forum to Xbox 360 channel 2, ill be here. its ok that forza 3 graphics are ugly, i bet the game play is good.

Dont spin what I said! I asked for the sad reason why you a cow hangs out at the xbox site forums? Pretty hard work scouring the web for some pathtic "ownage" material that is BS.

well its because i own a xbox 360 that is why
OPuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 OPuniverse
Member since 2009 • 1943 Posts

[QUOTE="OPuniverse"][QUOTE="aaronmullan"] Far worse car textures, and more jaggies = not better.aaronmullan
have you play the game? because car textures and jags weren't as bad as this guy posted. Infact, Forza 3 looks beautiful in motion. It's a huge leap from forza 2.

Every game looks better in motion. Screenshots let you analyze the little details.

Dont forget screenshot can shows you good and worst part of the game. This is a flamebait thread, tc is trying to get the worst picture of forza 3 out there. There are much better ones. When GT5 is release, there will be 360 fanboys who do the same thing.

And Im sure when you play games you're mostly moving in constant motion, unless ur one of those who really nitpick at stuff like stop and try to look at every possible frame there is. Also this is a racing game, physic, AI, gameplay are much more important than graphic.

killa4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#156 killa4lyfe
Member since 2008 • 3849 Posts

The game looks better than the pics in this thread but Im disappointed a bit, the graphics of E3 were all lies, all lies :cry:

Turn 10 strikes twice this gen with their fake trailers.

Forza 3 debut trailer ( E3 09 ).

Forza 2 debut trailer ( E3 06 ).

I was like :shock: then I went like :(

HAZE-Unit

rofl its like they have peter molyenuex in trailer form :P anyways guys i think we have another problem. Oh and this same problem you can notice in the GT 5 TGS gameplay shown on ign. I am sure that it probably isn't that big for Forza 3 but still thats bad and hopefully this is just some old code.

click here for some crappy damage modeling:(

killa4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 killa4lyfe
also the games graphics aren't as bad as the people keep making em out to be :) they are still really nice to look at and i am really feelin the sense of speed :P
Avatar image for EndorphinMaster
EndorphinMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 EndorphinMaster
Member since 2009 • 2118 Posts

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

[QUOTE="spike6566"] well lets see, its called System Wars. so that is why i am here. unless they change forum to Xbox 360 channel 2, ill be here. its ok that forza 3 graphics are ugly, i bet the game play is good. spike6566

Dont spin what I said! I asked for the sad reason why you a cow hangs out at the xbox site forums? Pretty hard work scouring the web for some pathtic "ownage" material that is BS.

So this kid thinks he has a 360. :lol:

killa4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 killa4lyfe
oh and speaking about both racers, when metal is going against metal, dont u see any sort of sparks or what?:?
Ryder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#160 Ryder123
Member since 2005 • 1984 Posts

Lmao, I get modded for stating the obvious fact that GT has a bigger install base and will sell more than Forza? Are the mods lemmings now too?

spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 spike6566

[QUOTE="spike6566"][QUOTE="vaderhater"]Dont spin what I said! I asked for the sad reason why you a cow hangs out at the xbox site forums? Pretty hard work scouring the web for some pathtic "ownage" material that is BS.

EndorphinMaster

So this kid thinks he has a 360. :lol:

LMAO well you asked buddy :)

" border="0" />

Delsage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Delsage
Member since 2004 • 3355 Posts
So that's 10x more polygons than Forza 2. Dang they should of gone with 50x, than maybe than it would of been on par with GT5. :lol:
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#163 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
Woah, epic fail Endorphin :P
spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 spike6566

[QUOTE="spike6566"][QUOTE="vaderhater"]Why do you hang out there to begin with? We all know you hate the 360. Pretty sad if you ask me.

vaderhater

well lets see, its called System Wars. so that is why i am here. unless they change forum to Xbox 360 channel 2, ill be here. its ok that forza 3 graphics are ugly, i bet the game play is good.

well vader here you go, just incase you ask me

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 vaderhater
Member since 2003 • 3972 Posts

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

[QUOTE="spike6566"] well lets see, its called System Wars. so that is why i am here. unless they change forum to Xbox 360 channel 2, ill be here. its ok that forza 3 graphics are ugly, i bet the game play is good. spike6566

So you went to another forum and used their opinion instead of playing it yourself?

killa4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 killa4lyfe
Woah, epic fail Endorphin :Paaronmullan
yeah funnny, but still spike 6566 acctually put spike 6567 on the paper! ITS NOT HIS :o!
scarface_dm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#167 scarface_dm
Member since 2009 • 1652 Posts

Your opinion is irrelevant and I completely disagree with your opinion, Forza3 will be epic for racing fans, Its just too bad Im not one of them. Looks good though:D

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Trmpt
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts

I dont see how that game has bad graphics.

johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#169 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts
That's what bullshots do to games. That's also why I don't believe bullshots. aaronmullan
yeah since when do console games have 16xQSAA and then when u post a real screenshot they respond "it doesn't look that bad on my t.v"
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
Um, I think the screen shot looks pretty good, what is everyone complaining about?
spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 spike6566
[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

[QUOTE="spike6566"]

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]Dont spin what I said! I asked for the sad reason why you a cow hangs out at the xbox site forums? Pretty hard work scouring the web for some pathtic "ownage" material that is BS.

So you went to another forum and used their opinion instead of playing it yourself?

well after playing the demo, the graphics are ugly IMO
spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 spike6566
[QUOTE="aaronmullan"]Woah, epic fail Endorphin :Pkilla4lyfe
yeah funnny, but still spike 6566 acctually put spike 6567 on the paper! ITS NOT HIS :o!

lol , yah my email account is spike6567@hotmail.com so use to putting that down. glad you reminded me. guess i should take another pic :)
vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 vaderhater

[QUOTE="aaronmullan"]Woah, epic fail Endorphin :Pkilla4lyfe

Yeah the guy must have heard it wrong I guess!

Avatar image for _Peoples_Champ_
_Peoples_Champ_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#174 _Peoples_Champ_
Member since 2002 • 4695 Posts

Wasn't this an earlier build of the demo ???

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 vaderhater

[QUOTE="killa4lyfe"][QUOTE="aaronmullan"]Woah, epic fail Endorphin :Pspike6566

lol , yah my email account is spike6567@hotmail.com so use to putting that down. glad you reminded me. guess i should take another pic :)

Oh and use a different color pen and set up the paper on top of the consoles K?

alstevens83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#176 alstevens83
Member since 2008 • 1462 Posts

Erm so what about the graphics and visuals. From what I can tell from the Demo alone it plays as sweet as Forza 2, So I expect to keep myself playing for a very very long time.

themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#177 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

I thought the graphics seemed pretty good :?

at least if the demos an accurate presentation that is...

dragonfly110
Same.
Avatar image for EndorphinMaster
EndorphinMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 EndorphinMaster
Member since 2009 • 2118 Posts

How much did you pay your friend to take that picture?

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#179 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

[QUOTE="zarshack"]

I Lol'd at the comment from the guy who said Forza 3 will outsell GT5.

TroyM1

Me, Who has a bigger install base ?guess who will sell more lol i d io t

haha! The blind fanboy calls me the idiot? :lol:

DdoubleT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 DdoubleT
Member since 2008 • 256 Posts

So, I alluded to an observation I made about the fidelity of the lighting engine (the cast shadows, specifically) in a previous thread, but I thought I'd take the opportunity in this one to actually show you what I was talking about. Notice in this picture how the edge of the shadow that's supposedly being cast by the wall lands on the car at the same exact distance from the wall that it lands on the road, thus revealing that the "shadow" is not really being cast by the wall.

Additionally, cars don't cast shadows on each other, and small objects like cones don't cast any shadows at all. It's not the end of the world, but still disappointing considering that, at least at first glance, it appeared that the dynamic shadows in this game rivaled those of Gran Turismo 5's. However, in spite of the fact that some things don't stand up to scrutiny, this game still manages to be incredibly appealing to the eye. All that aside, the physics engine is the heart and soul of any simulation racer, and this one outshines them all.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

vaderhater

It's official. The link cited leads to a fake 360 forum run by cows in disguise who are slandering Forza 3's graphics. :roll:

Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Rza_rectah
Member since 2005 • 3959 Posts

maybe forza 4 gt5p looks way better.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Trmpt

So, I alluded to an observation I made about the fidelity of the lighting engine (the cast shadows, specifically) in a previous thread, but I thought I'd take the opportunity in this one to actually show you what I was talking about. Notice in this picture how the edge of the shadow that's supposedly being cast by the wall lands on the car at the same exact distance from the wall that it lands on the road, thus revealing that the "shadow" is not really being cast by the wall.

Additionally, cars don't cast shadows on each other, and small objects like cones don't cast any shadows at all. It's not the end of the world, but still disappointing considering that, at least at first glance, it appeared that the dynamic shadows in this game rivaled those of Gran Turismo 5's. However, in spite of the fact that some things don't stand up to scrutiny, this game still manages to be incredibly appealing to the eye. All that aside, the physics engine is the heart and soul of any simulation racer, and this one outshines them all.

DdoubleT

hmmmmmm...

You make many valid points there.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Trmpt

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

nervmeister

It's official. The link cited leads to a fake 360 forum run by cows in disguise who are slandering Forza 3's graphics. :roll:

That needs a photoshop.:lol:

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 vaderhater

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

[QUOTE="spike6566"] well lets see, its called System Wars. so that is why i am here. unless they change forum to Xbox 360 channel 2, ill be here. its ok that forza 3 graphics are ugly, i bet the game play is good. nervmeister

LOL ok then...they are upset that the actual GAMEPLAY is not the same graphically as the PHOTOMODE or REPLAY :shock: NO REALLY?

BS

Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Rza_rectah
[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

[QUOTE="nervmeister"]

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]Dont spin what I said! I asked for the sad reason why you a cow hangs out at the xbox site forums? Pretty hard work scouring the web for some pathtic "ownage" material that is BS.

LOL ok then...they are upset that the actual GAMEPLAY is not the same graphically as the PHOTOMODE or REPLAY :shock: NO REALLY?

BS

I been telling dudes the game doesnt look that good. Those pics were straight lies that should be illegal.
vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 vaderhater

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

[QUOTE="nervmeister"]It's official. The link cited leads to a fake 360 forum run by cows in disguise who are slandering Forza 3's graphics. :roll:

Rza_rectah

BS

I been telling dudes the game doesnt look that good. Those pics were straight lies that should be illegal.

Yeah so you think no other game has photomode and replay and in engine cut scenes?:roll:

Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Rza_rectah
[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

[QUOTE="Rza_rectah"][QUOTE="vaderhater"]LOL ok then...they are upset that the actual GAMEPLAY is not the same graphically as the PHOTOMODE or REPLAY :shock: NO REALLY?

BS

Yeah so you think no other game has photomode and replay and in engine cut scenes?:roll:

its not that extreme though every game does that. Its just that this game fooled me the best in thinkin those were real shots
vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 vaderhater

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

[QUOTE="Rza_rectah"]I been telling dudes the game doesnt look that good. Those pics were straight lies that should be illegal.Rza_rectah

its not that extreme though every game does that. Its just that this game fooled me the best in thinkin those were real shots

Whatever

Classic24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Classic24
Member since 2009 • 598 Posts

yeah sucks to have a game company like turn 10 lie straight to the microsoft fanbase haha good riddance!!!

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

The graphics were clearly over exaggerated

thelastguy

Clearly but everyone just had to go goo goo gaga over all those bullshots.....they hyped it to levels that clearly set it up for failure.

opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 opex07
Member since 2007 • 2236 Posts

DdoubleT

Shadows can be in the form of a straight line when being casted over several different landscapes. I believe you are expecting the line to be un-even, but in real-life shadows can be in a straight line, its just that most shots/photos are taken in such an angle to make shadows appear to be un-even to provide a clear sense of depth to the viewer.

Even though this is the case your picture does not show the line being straight:

shadow

roddollente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 roddollente
Member since 2008 • 1543 Posts

now i actually can't see any forza 3 graphics hype thread.

Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Rza_rectah
[QUOTE="opex07"]

[QUOTE="DdoubleT"]

Shadows can be in the form of a straight line when being casted over several different landscapes. I believe you are expecting the line to be un-even, but in real-life shadows can be in a straight line, its just that most shots/photos are taken in such an angle to make shadows appear to be un-even to provide a clear sense of depth to the viewer.

Even though this is the case your picture does not show the line being straight:

shadow

everyone nows that but what would be hard to prove is the object thats casting that shadow, if its actually straight like the picture dipicts. Which is impossible to do from the pic.
opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 opex07
[QUOTE="Rza_rectah"] everyone nows that but what would be hard to prove is the object thats casting that shadow, if its actually straight like the picture dipicts. Which is impossible to do from the pic.

The shadow isn't straight, that's why I clearly added those orange lines to the picture to show this.
Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Rza_rectah

[QUOTE="Rza_rectah"] everyone nows that but what would be hard to prove is the object thats casting that shadow, if its actually straight like the picture dipicts. Which is impossible to do from the pic.opex07
The shadow isn't straight, that's why I clearly added those orange lines to the picture to show this.

oh its straight but its not its just not symmetrically fitting to the car. Nothing wrong with straight shadows its not the shadow its whats casting it.

actually it is symmetrical its your line thats off.

SirSiddy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#197 SirSiddy01
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts

I like pie.

opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 opex07

oh its straight but its not its just not symmetrically fitting to the car. Nothing wrong with straight shadows its not the shadow its whats casting it.

Rza_rectah

I'm sorry but i don't understand what your trying to say, you start of by saying its straight, and then say its not, I'm having trouble following you.

Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Rza_rectah
[QUOTE="opex07"]

[QUOTE="Rza_rectah"] oh its straight but its not its just not symmetrically fitting to the car. Nothing wrong with straight shadows its not the shadow its whats casting it.

I'm sorry but i don't understand what your trying to say, you start of by saying its straight, and then say its not, I'm having trouble following you.

I edited my post after i found out your line was deceivingly not straight. Make sense now?
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#200 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

I like pie.

SirSiddy01
The graphics of pie aren't that good. Cake has no jaggies and no flat textures, you know it's true.