Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-cross-play-restrictions-are-all-about-money-sa/1100-6459901/

The lack of PS4 cross-play in Fortnite and other games can be chalked up to money, according to former Sony developer John Smedley. The ex-boss of Daybreak Game Company, formerly known as Sony Online Entertainment, said that he saw the rationale first-hand when he was at the company.

"[W]hen I was at Sony, the stated reason internally for this was money," he said in a tweet (via Eurogamer). "They didn't like someone buying something on an Xbox and it being used on a Playstation. simple as that. dumb reason, but there it is." This was presented in the context of telling fans to keep up the pressure.

There we have it. You want PS4/switch crossplay, get rid of the Bone.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@Ant_17: lol no!

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ant_17

@FireEmblem_Man: I'll play DQX with you if you do.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#4 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Funny how a console that is seen as so useless, not a threat and pointless to own by this board is taking up so much real estate in the minds of the PS division execs LOL Thank you Microsoft and God bless the United States.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FireEmblem_Man

@Ant_17: only if you allow my Xbox friends allow

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ant_17

@cainetao11 said:

Funny how a console that is seen as so useless, not a threat and pointless to own by this board is taking up so much real estate in the minds of the PS division execs LOL Thank you Microsoft and God bless the United States.

You are right. They are living rent free. Explains why they don't want to do crossplay with them.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20131 Posts

I don't even think that's how it works. If someone is buying the game on Xbox, then that sale was never going to Sony anyway. And they're not using any of Sony's hardware (that I know of) to run it. Unless they mean having to share data between networks? Still a dumb reason.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ant_17

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@Ant_17: only if you allow my Xbox friends allow

No, keep those weirdos away from me and wash your hands after you have talked to them.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56228 Posts

Or just simply buy a PS4 if you wanna play with the same friends.

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@Ant_17: lol no!

Why do you want cross-play so bad? Are you struggling to find other players to play with? I can be you're friend XD

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FireEmblem_Man

@Ant_17: well then, that shows me that you're not a good person if you can't play well with others that are different from you.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FireEmblem_Man

@davillain-: nope, I own a PS4, I don't want to double dip on the same game just because some prefer playing on opposite console. I thought you were logical too

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ant_17

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@Ant_17: well then, that shows me that you're not a good person if you can't play well with others that are different from you.

When have i said i was a good person? And you are also a bad person cause you won't play with me cause i'm a bad person.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@davillain-: nope, I own a PS4, I don't want to double dip on the same game just because some prefer playing on opposite console. I thought you were logical too

Logical? I have no interest in cross-play. All of my friends are on PS4 anyways. Playing Fortnite isn't something I even play that much for that matter.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@davillain-: don't care what you or your friends have. We're talking about an overall market that has potential to bridge gamers into one game without any limitations. That's forward thinking and an inevitable future it will happen.

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rafaelmsoares
Member since 2018 • 657 Posts

I'm shocked that Sony, a corporation of all things, is making decisions based on making money. Outageous, right?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11157 Posts
@cainetao11 said:

Yeah, it's not like Xbox execs haven't tailored their every action around Playstation this gen. They won't even tell us sales numbers on their consoles anymore. SHOOK!

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

That's very much what is all about. They saw that they got killed last gen by these buddy games as they call them COD etc. This gen they have the install base and they want all revenue cuts from it. They have less to gain from cross play. They rely on these types of games as they don't make them themselves. Someone could be playing the game more on ps4 due to where there friends play and yet spend V-Bucks on another platform. To sony that is some bullshit that no one wanted to pursue when they were on there position.

@Zero_epyon V-bucks like spending cut from these type of games. Also you like xbox but look your friends and more people to play are on ps4 so go buy the ps4 version. Sony thanks you for that.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ant_17
@rafaelmsoares said:

I'm shocked that Sony, a corporation of all things, is making decisions based on making money. Outageous, right?

It is trully mind blowing.

Next thing you'll tell they make consoles to compete with eachother.

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rafaelmsoares
Member since 2018 • 657 Posts

@Ant_17 said:
@rafaelmsoares said:

It is trully mind blowing.

Next thing you'll tell they make consoles to compete with eachother.

That would be too anti-consumer... even for Sony.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Of cause is all about Money.. What else??

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator

@FireEmblem_Man: I won't denied it. Sony is so full of themselves, but at the end of the day, they do what they wanna do.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BenjaminBanklin
@FireEmblem_Man said:

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cainetao11

@Ant_17 said:
@cainetao11 said:

You are right. They are living rent free. Explains why they don't want to do crossplay with them.

Some people get past things easier then others. The Japanese at Nintendo are doing fine cross playing with us. The ones at Sony still think WW2 can be won I guess. Thank you MSFT and God bless the United States.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1874 Posts
@Ant_17 said:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-cross-play-restrictions-are-all-about-money-sa/1100-6459901/

The lack of PS4 cross-play in Fortnite and other games can be chalked up to money, according to former Sony developer John Smedley. The ex-boss of Daybreak Game Company, formerly known as Sony Online Entertainment, said that he saw the rationale first-hand when he was at the company.

"[W]hen I was at Sony, the stated reason internally for this was money," he said in a tweet (via Eurogamer). "They didn't like someone buying something on an Xbox and it being used on a Playstation. simple as that. dumb reason, but there it is." This was presented in the context of telling fans to keep up the pressure.

There we have it. You want PS4/switch crossplay, get rid of the Bone.

It's not the Bone. There are games without an Xbox that doesn't have cross play between the Switch and PS4. The reason is audience. DQX has it for the PS4 and Nintendo platforms because it's the Wii U/3DS/Switch all combined with the PS4. They have a bigger audience than the PS4, hence Sony allowed cross play with them. In general, cross play is pushed by the underdog. The only exception to the rule is Nintendo for Dragon Quest X since they allowed it with the PS4.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 cainetao11

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@cainetao11 said:

Yeah, it's not like Xbox execs haven't tailored their every action around Playstation this gen. They won't even tell us sales numbers on their consoles anymore. SHOOK!

LOL You really are bothered by all of this aren't you?

"How about this?!!!!! SHOOK!!!!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can feel your anger.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ant_17

@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@cainetao11 said:

Some people get past things easier then others. The Japanese at Nintendo are doing fine cross playing with us. The ones at Sony still think WW2 can be won I guess. Thank you MSFT and God bless the United States.

Japan and Germany won WW2 with their cars, since Detroit is dead.

Now they are after MS.

And people hold grudges longer than a century.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I'd cancel my PSN+ subscription if I had to play with XBox people.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

I hope Sony losses Next Gen.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BenjaminBanklin
@cainetao11 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@cainetao11 said:

Everybody knows Xbox is deader than disco this gen. That's why they're desperately trying to keep the last of their userbase from jumping ship by trying to mooch off Sony's servers. The console's on sale more often than it's not these days. And here we are at current...

If there's one pic that describes the fanbase at this stage, it's this.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ant_17

@xhawk27 said:

Fat chance buster.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

For gamers

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ant_17

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@cainetao11 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@cainetao11 said:

Everybody knows Xbox is deader than disco this gen. That's why they're desperately trying to keep the last of their userbase from jumping ship by trying to mooch off Sony's servers. The console's on sale more often than it's not these days. And here we are at current...

If there's one pic that describes the fanbase at this stage, it's this.

lol Exactly who is this for?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@xhawk27 said:

PC always wins.

Seriously, I'm on the winning Team :)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

#ForthePlayers... LMAO!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cainetao11

@Ant_17 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@cainetao11 said:

Now they are after MS.

Japan didn't win shit. They cant defend themselves without the US and buy tons of US shit as well. Germany? Well someone has to stand up to Trump so I commend them.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BenjaminBanklin
@xhawk27 said:

LOL! Muhfuckas been losing sleep all gen waiting for this to happen. Your poor soul is restless.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#37 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6099 Posts

@Shewgenja: I'm sorry,but that's childish thinking. No need to do that.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xhawk27

@Ant_17 said:
@xhawk27 said:

Fat chance buster.

If they continue with all the anti-consumer practices it could happen. MS building world class studios and having them have creative freedom. They are finally learning from Nintendo and Sony on how to have great game studios.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ant_17

@xhawk27 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@xhawk27 said:

Fat chance buster.

If they continue with all the anti-consumer practices it could happen. MS building world class studios and having them have creative freedom. They are finally learning from Nintendo and Sony on how to have great game studios.

Crossplay hasn't slowwed down the PS4 cause it has crossplay with PC. And world class studios? Only NT is that. The rest have been Bone slaves and 1 hasn't even released their 1st game yet.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cainetao11

@BenjaminBanklin: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA and yet here you are going to bat for a corporation that you have no stake in other than being a fanboy because the consensus is they lost E3, and people from all sides are vocally pointing out what babies they're being. It hurts you.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ant_17

@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@cainetao11 said:

Now they are after MS.

Japan didn't win shit. They cant defend themselves without the US and buy tons of US shit as well. Germany? Well someone has to stand up to Trump so I commend them.

Why are we talking about this?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts
@Ant_17 said:
@xhawk27 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@xhawk27 said:

Fat chance buster.

Crossplay hasn't slowwed down the PS4 cause it has crossplay with PC. And world class studios? Only NT is that. The rest have been Bone slaves and 1 hasn't even released their 1st game yet.

Did he just call MS Studios world class?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Ant_17

@quadknight said:
@Ant_17 said:
@xhawk27 said:

Somehow State Of Decay 2 is the same as Red Dead Redemption to lems.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@BenjaminBanklin: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA and yet here you are going to bat for a corporation that you have no stake in other than being a fanboy because the consensus is they lost E3, and people from all sides are vocally pointing out what babies they're being. It hurts you.

I see the Sony apologist are out in full force in this thread. Like I said before being a fanboy is nothing but a disease and hypocrites.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By cainetao11

@Ant_17 said:
@xhawk27 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@xhawk27 said:

Fat chance buster.

LOL Uhm Name another Racing game that outscored FH3 this gen then please. Oh wait let me guess, its "LOLraicinggames". Sports only count when the Show is being released.

Because you actually suggested an historical falsehood.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

People really are up in arms about this whole cross-play "scandal" with Sony...lmao.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By xhawk27

@quadknight said:
@Ant_17 said:
@xhawk27 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Fat chance buster.

Laugh you Clowns because Xbox is getting better and better!

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ant_17

@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:

LOL Uhm Name another Racing game that outscored FH3 then please. Oh wait let me guess, its "LOLraicinggames". Sports only count when the Show is being released.

Because you actually suggested an historical falsehood.

Not sure what the score has to do with them being paid to make it.

And you brought up WW2, not me.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BenjaminBanklin
@cainetao11 said:

They lost E3 because they didn't stuff the conference with other people's games that will be on PS4? Anyway, who gives a shit? Phil McCracken was on stage talking about new hardware... again, already. Xbox is so dead creatively that this is what they have to lean on now.

2018: The next Xbox is in the works

2019: The next Xbox will be out next year

2020: Here's the new Xbox

2021: Repeat 2018

Xbox will never gain ground again at that rate. That's why they had to cut the price on all the consoles this month because they want it to look like Xbox sales got boosted by E3. But all they're doing are attracting welfare gamers who are buying Game Pass.

If Sony started getting weepy about crossplay like MS, I'd be embarrassed to own a PS4.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ant_17

@xhawk27 said:
@quadknight said:
@Ant_17 said:

Laugh you Clowns because Xbox is getting better and better!

That is sad. You admit that the Bone is garbage and wait for it to get better.