The PS3 lineup for 2007 is terrible

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bulletmath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bulletmath
Member since 2007 • 1339 Posts

Why are people getting so excited about the games for the PS3 in 2007? they are a joke. Of all 3 consoles the PS3 has by far the worst lineup of exclusives in 2007, and the multiplats are guaranteed to be better on the 360 as well. Check out this list of exclusives

1. Lair - Crappy Dragon Game from the makers of Rogue Squadron. Basically the exact same game as rogue squadron with dragons and a bad art style. Huge Flop
  2. Heavenly Sword - Rejected XBox game. God of War clone with terrible combat, excellent cutscenes and quicktime events.Presentationally very good, Gameplay wise a flop.
  3. Uncharted - Beautiful looking pitfall clone with some of the worst combat ever seen in game. Apparently the enemies take about 50 bullets to kill and judgin from the gameplay videos the game falls apart in a firefight. AA at best
  4. Ratchet and Clank - solid platforming/shooting series that has only ever managed to scrape AAA at its best (which it doesn't look like the latest game is). Worthless compared to Mario games especially great ones like Galaxy. Even an OK mario game like NSMB DS got AAA, against a good mario game Ratchet stands no chance.
The 360 has the aforementioned multiplatform games, console exclusives like Bioshock and AAA exclusives like Mass Effect and Halo 3. the Wii has Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, SSBB, Battalion Wars 2, no more heroes, Mysims and probably the best RPG on next gen consoles this year (Fire Emblem). So whats all the fuss about the PS3 this year? helle even the PSP has a better lineup and the PSP is a flop
proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 proof11102
Member since 2007 • 1080 Posts

All the games you listed for PS3 in 2007 are actually real exclusives.

OWNED!!!

_Fabrick_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 _Fabrick_
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts

Why are people getting so excited about the games for the PS3 in 2007? they are a joke. Of all 3 consoles the PS3 has by far the worst lineup of exclusives in 2007, and the multiplats are guaranteed to be better on the 360 as well. Check out this list

Lair - Crappy Dragon Game from the makers of Rogue Squadron. Basically the exact same game as rogue squadron with dragons and a bad art style. Huge FlopHeavenly Sword - Rejected XBox game. God of War clone with terrible combat, excellent cutscenes and quicktime events.Presentationally very good, Gameplay wise a flop. Uncharted - Beautiful looking pitfall clone with some of the worst combat ever seen in game. Apparently the enemies take about 50 bullets to kill and judgin from the gameplay videos the game falls apart in a firefight. AA at bestRatchet and Clank - solid platforming/shooting series that has only ever managed to scrape AAA at its best (which it doesn't look like the latest game is). Worthless compared to Mario games especially great ones like Galaxy. Even an OK mario game like NSMB DS got AAA, against a good mario game Ratchet stands no chance.

The 360 has the aforementioned multiplatform games, console exclusives like Bioshock and AAA exclusives like Mass Effect and Halo 3. the Wii has Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, SSBB, Battalion Wars 2, no more heroes, Mysims and probably the best RPG on next gen consoles this year (Fire Emblem). So whats all the fuss about the PS3 this year? helle even the PSP has a better lineup and the PSP is a flopbulletmath

So true.

Finale-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Finale-
Member since 2007 • 981 Posts
:lol:
bulletmath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bulletmath

OWNED!!!

proof11102

i know, that's why i listed them

bulletmath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bulletmath

:lol:Finale-

it is a pretty pathetic lineup isn't it?

xDonRobx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xDonRobx
Member since 2007 • 1586 Posts

:cry: :cry: :cry:bulletmath

Fixed.

Finale-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Finale-

[QUOTE="Finale-"]:lol:bulletmath

it is apretty pathetic lineup isn't it?

No, it was such a pathetic troll attempt that it was laughable. Go back to 1up, k?

TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#9 TTDog
Member since 2007 • 3545 Posts
All part of the Sony assembly line.... polished turd after polished turd after polished turd...
superiorNilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 superiorNilly
Member since 2007 • 547 Posts

Why are people getting so excited about the games for the PS3 in 2007? they are a joke. Of all 3 consoles the PS3 has by far the worst lineup of exclusives in 2007, and the multiplats are guaranteed to be better on the 360 as well. Check out this list of exclusives

1. Lair - Crappy Dragon Game from the makers of Rogue Squadron. Basically the exact same game as rogue squadron with dragons and a bad art style. Huge Flop
  2. Heavenly Sword - Rejected XBox game. God of War clone with terrible combat, excellent cutscenes and quicktime events.Presentationally very good, Gameplay wise a flop.
  3. Uncharted - Beautiful looking pitfall clone with some of the worst combat ever seen in game. Apparently the enemies take about 50 bullets to kill and judgin from the gameplay videos the game falls apart in a firefight. AA at best
  4. Ratchet and Clank - solid platforming/shooting series that has only ever managed to scrape AAA at its best (which it doesn't look like the latest game is). Worthless compared to Mario games especially great ones like Galaxy. Even an OK mario game like NSMB DS got AAA, against a good mario game Ratchet stands no chance.

The 360 has the aforementioned multiplatform games, console exclusives like Bioshock and AAA exclusives like Mass Effect and Halo 3. the Wii has Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, SSBB, Battalion Wars 2, no more heroes, Mysims and probably the best RPG on next gen consoles this year (Fire Emblem). So whats all the fuss about the PS3 this year? helle even the PSP has a better lineup and the PSP is a flopbulletmath

Well really thats just your opinion, but im looking forward to those games.

RedMarzBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RedMarzBoy
Member since 2004 • 1298 Posts
i like it. I persoanlly can't stand more than 2fps in one year.  
bulletmath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bulletmath

[QUOTE="bulletmath"] :cry: :cry: :cry:xDonRobx

Fixed.

No, it was such a pathetic troll attempt that it was laughable. Go back to 1up, k?

Finale-

so let me get this straight, i post a well thought out breakdown of the mediocre PS3 lineup in 2007 and you two respond by with some crying faces and a post telling me to go back to 1up.

Wow you sure owned me bad

Oligarchy_USA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Oligarchy_USA
Member since 2007 • 302 Posts

Did I hear a plug for NSMB and the unreleased Mario Galaxy? Because that's hilarious.

Oligarchy_USA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Oligarchy_USA

so let me get this straight, i post a well thought out breakdown of the mediocre PS3 lineup in 2007 and you two respond by with some crying faces and a post telling me to go back to 1up.

bulletmath

Your post was mentally retarded dumbphuckery. Responding to it directly is a wasted effort due to the retardedness of it all.

Finale-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Finale-
[QUOTE="Finale-"][QUOTE="bulletmath"]

[QUOTE="Finale-"]:lol:bulletmath

it is apretty pathetic lineup isn't it?

It's easy isn't it? Since you can't put up a valid argument. Your fanboy opinion really doesn't mean anything, and you have not played any of the games that you listed. That isn't even the entire 2007 PS3 lineup as well. Saying that HS is a GoW clone with terrible combat already makes you sound like a biased moron.

Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Stonin
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts
It really is a bad lineup but honestly you think the Wii is in a better position?
bulletmath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bulletmath

Did I hear a plug for NSMB and the unreleased Mario Galaxy? Because that's hilarious.

Oligarchy_USA

No you did not. You heard me say that an average Mario game like NSMB DS managed to garner the same score as the best racthet and clank game ever made (Which is true). You also heard me say that a spectacular mario game should score far higher

i'm sorry if that's too complicated for you, i cant make it any simpler

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts

The only good PS3 games in 2007 are Ratchet & Clank (almost guaranteed) and Uncharted (great potential).

You have got to love how the official hype for Heavenly Sword is AAA here though. I cannot wait for the day that terrible game is reviewed.

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts

OWNED!!!

proof11102

? :? ?

whoody12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 whoody12
Member since 2004 • 4717 Posts

OWNED!!!

proof11102

glad they are, noway that is going on my HDD

xDonRobx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xDonRobx

[QUOTE="xDonRobx"]

[QUOTE="bulletmath"] :cry: :cry: :cry:bulletmath

Fixed.

Finale-

so let me get this straight, i post a well thought out

No, it wasn't. I stopped there and :lol:'d

. As Finale said, that was weak trolling. I must say I saw trolls way worse than you yesterday though.

Funny how you only list 4 games for the PS3 because those are the only games coming out this year for it.:roll:

bulletmath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bulletmath

It really is a bad lineup but honestly you think the Wii is in a better position? Stonin

in 2007 yes, in 2008 hell no

Mario Galaxy just looks spectacular, same goes for SSBB. and The original Metroid Prime did better than halo. Fire Emblem and Battalion Wars are also very solid, Fire emblem in particular shoud be better than any JRPG on the 360 or PS3 this year

TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TTDog

What I thought was funny/scary is having downloaded Gameplay demos from GS of both Lair and Warhawk and watched them one after the other you see;

Lair: blokes flies over water near some mountain range on Dragon shooting at airborne enemies, occasional shots at ground level enemies, swoops and climbs as if gravity isn't important, flies towards mountains and attacks castle base built into mountain side, looks ok but a bit bland and samey, never too much going on.... then....

Warhawk: blokes flies over water near some mountain range in Plane shooting at airborne enemies, occasional shots at ground level enemies, swoops and climbs as if gravity were not important, flies towards mountains and attacks enemy base built into side of mountain, looks ok bit a tad bland and samey, not much going on...

Try it, practically the same gameplay engine with different graphics.

PoppaLemming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PoppaLemming
Member since 2007 • 653 Posts

[QUOTE="xDonRobx"]

[QUOTE="bulletmath"] :cry: :cry: :cry:bulletmath

Fixed.

Finale-

Don't mind the cow. I don't see anything in your argument that would make you a troll. Besides everyones a troll when your point goes against what another poster thinks :roll:

bulletmath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bulletmath

No. As Finale said, that was weak trolling. I must say I saw trolls way worse than you yesterday though.

Funny how you only list 4 games for the PS3 because those are the only games coming out this year for it.:roll:

xDonRobx

The only exclusives of any note i can think of

and this isn't trolling, it's a genuine commentary on the PS3's weak fall lineup.

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

Competition is good, and I hate to see the lack of good PS3 games. I reallllly wanted the PS3 to do well. It HELPS keeps Microsfot honest. Maybe down the line things will pick up.

Oligarchy_USA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Oligarchy_USA
No you did not. You heard me say that an average Mario game like NSMB DS managed to garner the same score as the best racthet and clank game ever made (Which is true). You also heard me say that a spectacular mario game should score far higher

i'm sorry if that's too complicated for you, i cant make it any simpler

bulletmath

You're right, I'm having a hard time comprehending how you know an unreleased title that doesn't involve solving arithmetic while jiggling testicles to a dance minigame could turn out par excellance in comparison to another unreleased game.

xDonRobx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xDonRobx
[QUOTE="bulletmath"]

[QUOTE="xDonRobx"]

[QUOTE="bulletmath"] :cry: :cry: :cry:PoppaLemming

Fixed.

Finale-

Don't mind the cow. I don't see anything in your argument that would make you a troll. Besides everyones a troll when your point goes against what another poster thinks :roll:

Yeppp I'm a cow with an XBL gamertag. Damn, I blew my cover :(

PoppaLemming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PoppaLemming
[QUOTE="bulletmath"]

[QUOTE="xDonRobx"]

Fixed.

Finale-

so let me get this straight, i post a well thought out

No, it wasn't. I stopped there and :lol:'d

. As Finale said, that was weak trolling. I must say I saw trolls way worse than you yesterday though.

They're the only ones worth mentioning. The others are multiplat

Think McFly... THINK!!!

Avatar image for Diva-of-Destiny
Diva-of-Destiny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 Diva-of-Destiny
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts

Yep, whether people want to admit it or not the 2007 lineup for the PS3 is terrible. That's exactly why I'm picking up my PS3 in December and not a moment sooner. Hopefully 08 will be better, and at least by December I'll be able to play Heavenly Sword and Haze.

I love all the systems but I hate to break it to fanboys: The xbox 360 and PC pwned the other systems as far as game releases in 07. We'll see what happens in 08 but in 07 the other systems have been expensive paperweights. The Wii had a few more games than the PS3 but not many.

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts
The only one I agree with you on is Lair.
Oligarchy_USA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Oligarchy_USA

and this isn't trolling, it's a genuine commentary on the PS3's weak fall lineup.

bulletmath

You are batcrap insane. How blithely stating your unfound opinion on unreleased games constitutes "genuine commentary" is beyond me. Somebody needs to take a bat to your "commentary" and break its legs before it can perpetuate itself further.

PoppaLemming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PoppaLemming
[QUOTE="PoppaLemming"][QUOTE="bulletmath"]

[QUOTE="xDonRobx"]

Fixed.

Finale-

Yeppp I'm a cow with an XBL gamertag. Damn, I blew my cover :(

And that means...

cows canhave 360's and xbl

You called this man a troll and all he did was post his thoughts. I didn't see a childish rant in his post. Just give up

Oligarchy_USA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Oligarchy_USA

What I thought was funny/scary is having downloaded Gameplay demos from GS of both Lair and Warhawk and watched them one after the other you see;

Lair: blokes flies over water near some mountain range on Dragon shooting at airborne enemies, occasional shots at ground level enemies, swoops and climbs as if gravity isn't important, flies towards mountains and attacks castle base built into mountain side, looks ok but a bit bland and samey, never too much going on.... then....

Warhawk: blokes flies over water near some mountain range in Plane shooting at airborne enemies, occasional shots at ground level enemies, swoops and climbs as if gravity were not important, flies towards mountains and attacks enemy base built into side of mountain, looks ok bit a tad bland and samey, not much going on...

TTDog

Wait a second! You've seen gameplay videos!? I'm clearly out of my league here.

No_Talent_Dev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 No_Talent_Dev
Member since 2007 • 505 Posts
The PS3 lineup for 2007 reminds of the Atari Jaguar library:x
Finale-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Finale-

TTDog

If you honestly think these games are the same you are beyond deluisonal.

Oligarchy_USA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Oligarchy_USA
And that means...

You called this man a troll and all he did was post his thoughts. I didn't see a childish rant in his post. Just give up

PoppaLemming

Again, there is no example of decent or thought provoking commentary by him anywhere in this thread. It's all diarrhea. Also, if hissig is of Meet the Feebles, then he is seriously far too lame to be dealt with.

xDonRobx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xDonRobx
[QUOTE="xDonRobx"]

No. As Finale said, that was weak trolling. I must say I saw trolls way worse than you yesterday though.

bulletmath

Well than before you bash something, maybe you might want to do some research junior.

I agree with you, I think their lineup sucks. You just should've put some thought into your argument...if thats what you wanna call it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#39 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
That's why I am waiting till Christmas of 2008. I'm smarter than you other guys.
ginglejangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 ginglejangle
Member since 2007 • 3171 Posts

haze and unreal tournament will be better on ps3...

oh and its good enough for me.:)

TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TTDog
[QUOTE="TTDog"]

Finale-

If you honestly think these games are the same you are beyond deluisonal.

As I said TRY IT, the gameplay and setup looks identical, or are you scared of what you might find?

beerm_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 beerm_basic
Member since 2002 • 2488 Posts

i agree :)

360s lineup is ALOT better

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts
No exclusive but Call of duty4 will be great i think :)
TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TTDog

That's why I am waiting till Christmas of 2008. I'm smarter than you other guys.sonicare

Amen to that, as Sony are using the "Just you wait" policy for quality games I'm adopting the same "Just you wait" policy for Sony getting my cash.

Osafune24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Osafune24
Member since 2007 • 242 Posts
[QUOTE="proof11102"]

OWNED!!!

bulletmath

i know, that's why i listed them

What I think he's trying to get around to you is the fact that the 360 games you listed AREN'T exclusive because they're going to the PC, whereas all of the PS3 games are true exclusives because they're ONLY on the PS3.

Oligarchy_USA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Oligarchy_USA

As I said TRY IT, the gameplay and setup looks identical.TTDog

Arggh, where did I put my Lair + Warhawk demoes! I need to TRY IT to see if a fast paced online game is the same as a methodical flight combat offline game!

xDonRobx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 xDonRobx

And that means...

PoppaLemming

All trolls give their thoughts. Some get flamed, some don't. He's immune to it because he's a lemming?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#48 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

[QUOTE="sonicare"]That's why I am waiting till Christmas of 2008. I'm smarter than you other guys.TTDog

Amen to that, as Sony are using the "Just you wait" policy for quality games I'm adopting the same "Just you wait" policy for Sony getting my cash.

Exactly. There's just nothing out right now that I have to play. I have a ton of PC games, 360 games, and lots of ps2, GC, and XB games from last gen that I need to play through. There's no rush. All that will happen is that the ps3 will drop in price, they may come out with a better model, and the games I do want will drop in price. I win in every instance.

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts

Why are people getting so excited about the games for the PS3 in 2007? they are a joke. Of all 3 consoles the PS3 has by far the worst lineup of exclusives in 2007, and the multiplats are guaranteed to be better on the 360 as well. Check out this list

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to tell you that its way off base! Check out the actual list of 2007 PS3 console exclusives...

1. LAIR-I dont ever recall anybody on these boards EVER claiming LAIR as being AAA. I personally have thought from day one that it would be AA. Yes, its made by the Rogue Squadron guys at FACTOR 5! Yes, it may be nothing more than Rogue Squadron with ragons instead of X WINGS but I persoanlly loved Rogue Squadron back on the GC, so Im sure fans of that game will love LAIR! Predicted score...7.5

2. HEAVENLY SWORD-Rejected XBOX game??? Do you seriously believe that? Or does that comment just make it feel better when in reality Ninja Theory TOOK HS and put it on the PS3! Have you played the demo on PSN? Terrible combat?? There are so many different moves and combos that can be pulled off. This game is going to be everything GoW was and then some when it is done!! Predicted score...9.0

3.Uncharted-This game is part Pitfall and part Tomb Raider set in a FarCry-esque settng. A 3rd person action/adventure game with obstacles, bad guys, traps, puzzles and brilliant graphics and gameplay to boot. NaughtyDog knows how to make these kinds of games and this one will not disappoint!! Predicted score...8.5

4. Ratchet and Clank:Tools of Destruction-This series has never, ever failed to deliver and to think it will now is simply being ignarant and naive! This game WILL give SMG all it wants as far as competiton for platformer of the year!!! Predicted score...8.5

You also seem to have forgotten (2) HUGE CONSOLE EXCLUSIVES for the PS3 in 2007 that make all the difference in the world when you judge the PS3's Fall/Holiday line up......UT 3 and HAZE!!!! Nuff said!!!

Bottom Line....While there is no Halo 3 or Mass Effect type game in the PS3 arsenal, to completely dismiss its coing titles s a very bad mistake! The above mentioned games will be more than enough to drive PS3 sales over the next 4-6 months!!

bulletmath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bulletmath

You're right, I'm having a hard time comprehending how you know an unreleased title that doesn't involve solving arithmetic while jiggling testicles to a dance minigame could turn out par excellance in comparison to another unreleased game.

Oligarchy_USA

I'm basing it on the critical reception to each game and the past games in each series. That is all we have to go on. Plus of course the preliminary reviews for some fo the titles