The Pro and Switch are gonna run a train on Scorpio

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Pray_to_me: @no-scope-AK47:Jesus Christ, seriously? Are you two in high school?

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:
@charizard1605 said:

You can't run a train with only two people, for f*ck's sake.

Give the virgin a break his mommy didn't tell him about sex yet.

Lol, I am sure his pic is his idol.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Pray_to_me: You're clueless. Don't be so insecure. By the time Scorpio is released, we'll know if gamers want the Switch or not. We'll know if those 50 3rd party developers care about it or not.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#54 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70447 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Launch price killed the xbox one. Microsoft's answer to that? A new system with, yet again, the highest launch price of the three.

OKAY....

Whats the price? Can you show me a link to the price of the Scorpio? I would love to read up on this factual claim.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#55 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@sts106mat said:

lol, this guy actually has to make threads now in order to get his trolling noticed.

lawl

TTHBO.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Pedro

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57  Edited By loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Launch price killed the xbox one. Microsoft's answer to that? A new system with, yet again, the highest launch price of the three.

OKAY....

Wrong. PS4 dominated sales because MS screwed their reveal in 2013 The internet went nuts and Sony PS4 gained momentum. MS could have managed that eventually, but they further added to the pain by releasing the xbox one with inferior specs, the battle was over they had no chance to come back. The reality is the casual felt the PS4 would run third party games better so they bought a PS4, plus it was cheaper to buy only point you got right somewhat.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

OKAY....

Whats the price? Can you show me a link to the price of the Scorpio? I would love to read up on this factual claim.

Considering what's inside the Scorpio there's no way it'll sell for less than $400. But there's also the chance it could sell for $450 or more.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1615 Posts

Lol troll thread.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Pedro

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Considering what's inside the Scorpio there's no way it'll sell for less than $400. But there's also the chance it could sell for $450 or more.

So, there is no way it will sell for $400 even though its being released 1 year after the Pro and is roughly 48% faster? That makes sense to you? I could have understood that argument if it was being released at the same time but we are talking about a year later.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@sts106mat said:

lol, this guy actually has to make threads now in order to get his trolling noticed.

i lol'd

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Pedro said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

OKAY....

I be surprised if its 400 dollars honestly if its 4K console. I see a price of 450 or 499 dollars.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Pray_to_me: @no-scope-AK47:Jesus Christ, seriously? Are you two in high school?

you let trolls out of their cage and they'll throw shit everywhere

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#64 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts
@Pray_to_me said:

@no-scope-AK47:

Your mommy taught me all about it lol.

You know when a thread is done when the mom jokes come out on the first page of the thread.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Pedro

@Pray_to_me said:

@no-scope-AK47:

Your mommy taught me all about it lol.

The Scorpio is really causing massive meltdowns for you buddy. Its going to be alright. The only difference is that MS would have the most powerful console on the market.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

You see people threads like this happen all the time, it's because parents don't monitor their childrens internet activities :(

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

So, there is no way it will sell for $400 even though its being released 1 year after the Pro and is roughly 48% faster? That makes sense to you? I could have understood that argument if it was being released at the same time but we are talking about a year later.

The Pro is a joke of an upgrade. The Scorpio is some seriously beefy stuff. That kind of tech doesn't come cheap.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#68 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

To be fair,we know nothing about it. As far as we know it could be all digital with a windows and steam store for games. Day one purchase if that ever came true. I have a X1 anyway and plan to trade it in upon the Scorpio release. But will say PS is a lot better for my gaming tastes regardless.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1615 Posts

This thread is so dumb. I love Nintendo, but if there really is an analogy about two or more platforms ganging up on one, it's Playstation and Xbox ganging up on the Switch with their 3rd party support.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44690 Posts

if anything I'd imagine the Scorpio and Switch are going to shit on the PS4, neither are going to bury it, but they're going to definitely give Sony a run for their money

the Scorpio will be a beast and superior to Sony's half-assed Pro upgrade, and Switch is going to steal Sony's thunder on the end that Westerners look to it for their Japanese gaming fix, which of course the Switch is going to be getting a lot more support on that end and I feel their library will be much more defined by

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#71 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56426 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

You see people threads like this happen all the time, it's because parents don't monitor their childrens internet activities :(

Hold on sunny, now back in my days, we gamers had this thing called Game Magazines, we didn't have trolls, we didn't have internet, all we had was gaming magazines. I sure do miss those gaming magazines before the internet ruin it all.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Cows damage controlling already.

Scorpio has em shook

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

Microsoft man children have been blathering on the internet to anyone that will listen about "project Scorpio" a new console releasing late 2017 that supposedly will be a return to form for the Fartbox brand. There's only one problem: reality.

Contrary to what rich nerds think, most people aren't interested in spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on video game hardware every year. This year the Nintendo Switch is the hot piece of hardware. Most people already have a PS4 and are satisfied. PSVR is a hot commodity despite how butthurt it makes Lemmings. Now the holidays come along comes teh Scorpio with no exclusives and no VR costing anywhere between $400-$600. Sitting next to a $300 Switch with the new Mario and Zelda. Sitting next to a PS4 Pro with the upcoming God of War 4 and The Last of us 2 for $300. Of course don't forget the PS4 and Xbone slim which are still going strong for under $200. Looking at these products on the shelf next to one another the Scorpio, barely more powerful than a Pro and still a joke compared to PC, is going to look like an overpriced PoS. Long story short the Scorpio is set to be another dud. Not interesting, not innovative, not necessarily and ultimately, not wanted.

For RE7, R9-390X(5.9 TFLOPS) is effectively 1.52X faster than RX-470 (4.9 TFLOPS) which is a higher SKU than PS4 Pro's 4.2 TFLOPS GPU.

Scorpio's 12 GB of memory storage with 9 GB game memory allocation which can support PC's higher quality textures while PS4 Pro is stuck at 5.5 GB game memory allocation which is a half-assed upgrade from PS4's 5 GB game memory allocation.

Scorpio's secondary role is a cost effective 4K UHD Blu-ray player.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#75 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4586 Posts

I doubt the Scorpio will bomb, but I do think price will play a factor. I wonder what the official name will be, because that can play a role in sales as well.

Me personally, thanks to Play Anywhere, I don't have to buy a Scorpio, so I'm happy MS made the PC service available. Especially since online play is free on the pc side of the service, so I get to save the console entry price and the Gold price, so I can spend that money on games. This makes me happy.

Anyone hoping a game system fails confuses me. Competition is good. Does anyone think the PS4 would be as good as it is if it weren't for having the Xbox 360 stealing sales from the PS3? Does anyone think PSN would be where it is today if MS didn't push Live to where it is which in turn made Sony make a better online service for the PS3 than the PS2 service they had which was basically nonexistent. I guess fanboys will fanboy though, I don't want to miss out on quality games, and would have to do that if I didn't use the Xbox service on some device.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#76 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@Pray_to_me:

As stated by Phil Spencer, the Scorpio is not going to be a new gen, it's not going to be something that will be released every few years, it's just an alternative for people who want an Xbox One with more kick.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#77 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

I understand it might be a troll post, but...

Nah, more like Pro would beat Scorpion, but both will nuke Switch.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

God... lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

@Pedro said:

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

Microsoft man children have been blathering on the internet to anyone that will listen about "project Scorpio" a new console releasing late 2017 that supposedly will be a return to form for the Fartbox brand. There's only one problem: reality.

Contrary to what rich nerds think, most people aren't interested in spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on video game hardware every year. This year the Nintendo Switch is the hot piece of hardware. Most people already have a PS4 and are satisfied. PSVR is a hot commodity despite how butthurt it makes Lemmings. Now the holidays come along comes teh Scorpio with no exclusives and no VR costing anywhere between $400-$600. Sitting next to a $300 Switch with the new Mario and Zelda. Sitting next to a PS4 Pro with the upcoming God of War 4 and The Last of us 2 for $300. Of course don't forget the PS4 and Xbone slim which are still going strong for under $200. Looking at these products on the shelf next to one another the Scorpio, barely more powerful than a Pro and still a joke compared to PC, is going to look like an overpriced PoS. Long story short the Scorpio is set to be another dud. Not interesting, not innovative, not necessarily and ultimately, not wanted.

lol did you pull this out of your butt?

Switch isn't a hot commodity, it's become a running joke

PSVR is well behind the pace of the PS Move, Wii U, Kinect, and Vita. all 4 failed

The pro hasn't even sold 1 mil yet. the slim outsold the pro 6 to 1. the XB1S outsold the pro. it isn't a hot commodity either.

the original/slim PS4 is the hot commodity for sony right now but even then it's sales aren't destroying the XB1 like it was at launch. they've been pretty close recently but sony still holds a 2>1 thanks to the killer early start it got

thousands? of course not. the scorpio won't cost over 600 but I'm guessing they sell it at 500. over 600 would be killer for them. if they could get it to the 400 mark somehow it would fly off shelves.

anyone who purchased a PS4 for exclusives did already. exclusives aren't moving any more hardware this gen really but to be fair they never do anymore. sony has 1 exclusive in the top 10 sold. MS has 2. people buy new systems for power not exclusives and most play the same sports/CoD/Battlefield/GTA etc.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#81 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15597 Posts

Why is this guy allowed to make threads.

Or post.

Or have an account.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#83 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Will be crazy to see what the future has in store for us.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#84 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44560 Posts

I really don't see that happening myself. Hell the PS4 Pro doesn't even have a 4K blu-ray player and the Xbox One S does. I'm sure the Scorpio will have it as well plus it looks to be significantly more powerful then either the Pro and most definitely the Switch. The Switch will most likely do better then the Wii U but I don't really see it doing all that much better then the Game Cube.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22416 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

You know MS and Xbox are doing well when the fanboys from the competing company come foaming from the mouth, angry, spitting up nonsense, over their insecurities and fear of the Scorpio. MS nailed it with Scorpio, and Sony dropped the ball with the Pro, and VR. And it's too much for cows so they're having meltdowns.

Yep, spot on.

It's quite hilarious actually.

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 samfisher56
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts

FlopBox Flopio will have no games so I dont care about it.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@samfisher56 said:

Look another scared Sony fanboy. Scorpio is a Beast that gives Sony fanboys nightmares.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@xhawk27 said:
@samfisher56 said:

Look another scared Sony fanboy.

Why would he be scared? Having more power won't change the fact MS still doesn't have any games worth buying it for. They're gonna show Crackdown, Sea of Thieves and Halo 6. That is all they have. They can't even secure marketing deals anymore lol.

Meanwhile Sony has Spiderman, God of War, Horizon, Detroit, Days Gone, TLOU 2, Death Stranding, Persona 5, Nier, FF7 Remake, Shenmue 3, DQ XI, etc. along with marketing rights to every big 3rd party game like RDR 2, Mass Effect 4, Destiny 2, etc.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By xhawk27

@NathanDrakeSwag: Most of the big games from Sony are years away. Second Mulitplats are going to look and run better on the Xbox Scorpio. It's going to have the power advantage for years. FF7 Remake and most likely Shenume 3 are timed exclusives.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
The Switch
The Switch

How do you expect it to run over anything?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@xhawk27: Sony has more big games releasing this year alone than MS has for their entire future lineup. And as for multiplats MS can't legally advertise the big ones because Sony has the deals for them. When a RDR 2 commercial comes on people are gonna see a PS4 at the end of a commercial and associate the game with PS4. Same with Mass Effect Andromeda, Destiny 2, the new CoD and so on.

People that only care about power over everything else would just build a PC anyway. MS has completely lost focus of what console games want.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#94 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

A PC system price point with none of the benefits of a PC system.

Not appealing.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@samfisher56 said:

You say that you don't care yet here you are hmmmmm.

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@xhawk27 said:
@samfisher56 said:

Look another scared Sony fanboy.

Why would he be scared? Having more power won't change the fact MS still doesn't have any games worth buying it for. They're gonna show Crackdown, Sea of Thieves and Halo 6. That is all they have. They can't even secure marketing deals anymore lol.

Meanwhile Sony has Spiderman, God of War, Horizon, Detroit, Days Gone, TLOU 2, Death Stranding, Persona 5, Nier, FF7 Remake, Shenmue 3, DQ XI, etc. along with marketing rights to every big 3rd party game like RDR 2, Mass Effect 4, Destiny 2, etc.

Good to see back to your cowing nathandrakesballbag, i knew you couldn't stay sensible for too long lol.

Quick question has the other cows forgiven you yet for crossing to the darkside there for a while :)

Anyway someone who's delusional such as yourself needs to fill the crazy void left by cowangry :P

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 xhawk27

@PinchySkree said:

Not appealing.

I bet you the max price of the Xbox Scorpio is not going to be more than $500.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

scorpio will have to sell at max for 399 or else nobody will care for it.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 ronvalencia

@Gatygun said:

scorpio will have to sell at max for 399 or else nobody will care for it.

Vega 11 is a direct replacement for Polaris 10, hence similar price segment.

Scorpio's APU size is similar to XBO's APU size i.e. ~362 mm^2 vs ~363 mm^2 respectively.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By ronvalencia

@PinchySkree said:

Not appealing.

Build a PC with Vega 11/R9-390X OC for $399 to $499 USD.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

@ronvalencia:

If you think people haven't noticed that you're a habitual liar and a nutcase, you're wrong.