The Pro and Switch are gonna run a train on Scorpio

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Microsoft man children have been blathering on the internet to anyone that will listen about "project Scorpio" a new console releasing late 2017 that supposedly will be a return to form for the Fartbox brand. There's only one problem: reality.

Contrary to what rich nerds think, most people aren't interested in spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on video game hardware every year. This year the Nintendo Switch is the hot piece of hardware. Most people already have a PS4 and are satisfied. PSVR is a hot commodity despite how butthurt it makes Lemmings. Now the holidays come along comes teh Scorpio with no exclusives and no VR costing anywhere between $400-$600. Sitting next to a $300 Switch with the new Mario and Zelda. Sitting next to a PS4 Pro with the upcoming God of War 4 and The Last of us 2 for $300. Of course don't forget the PS4 and Xbone slim which are still going strong for under $200. Looking at these products on the shelf next to one another the Scorpio, barely more powerful than a Pro and still a joke compared to PC, is going to look like an overpriced PoS. Long story short the Scorpio is set to be another dud. Not interesting, not innovative, not necessarily and ultimately, not wanted.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

No.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pray_to_me

@dynamitecop:

You're gonna need another alt after this thing bombs.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

Mighty Scorpio Sting lives rent free in the heads of MS anti-fans and it's almost a year from actually hitting the street.

Dat insecurity, good stuff. :P

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

Like a shish kabob ?

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

From what we currently, they certainly will in the games department.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Launch price killed the xbox one. Microsoft's answer to that? A new system with, yet again, the highest launch price of the three.

OKAY....

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

amamnamesheshesheshesheshurburbubdoobddoobommomnamamabababbabobboboabababbababbababababababababababaabab

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Flyincloud1116

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Launch price killed the xbox one. Microsoft's answer to that? A new system with, yet again, the highest launch price of the three.

OKAY....

If the price is premium then they are done.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Xbox and Nintendo will always be better than PlayStation, so no question that the PS will continue to get dominated.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pray_to_me

@kvally:

Continue to be dominated? So PS4 selling double the Xbone is being dominated? Lol nice logic there. You being a representation of the Fartbox fan base is perfect, lol!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SecretPolice

@flyincloud1116 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

OKAY....

Nada guys since this will be the first gen ever for consoles where all the games will work on current consoles and by the time Mighty Scorpio launches, the 200 dollar or less X1S is there as the economy model. Just syain, Scorpio doesn't need to sell like past launch consoles to be successful plus with all running Win10, buy once, play anywhere, MS gonna rake in the software dollars and that's precisely what they're aiming for. :P

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

@kvally:

Continue to be dominated? So PS4 selling double the Xbone is being dominated? Lol nice logic there. You being a representation of the Fartbox fan base is perfect, lol!

you fell for that extremely low quality bait. Before even replying you knew that statement was wrong lol

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Flyincloud1116

@SecretPolice said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

OKAY....

Nada guys since this will be the first gen ever for consoles where all the games will work on current consoles and by the time Mighty Scorpio launches, the 200 dollar or less X1S is there as the economy model. Just syain, Scorpio doesn't need to sell like past launch consoles to be successful plus with all running Win10, buy once, play anywhere, MS gonna rake in the software dollars and that's precisely what they're aiming for. :P

You may be correct and I will get one regardless. I have upped my limit to $599.00.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kvally

@Pray_to_me said:

@kvally:

My bad, I didn't know we were talking about console sales. Maybe you should update the original topic with that.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kvally

@misterpmedia said:
@Pray_to_me said:

@kvally:

you fell for that extremely low quality bait.

They funny thing is, they all do ;)

Bowaddict4L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bowaddict4L
Member since 2017 • 38 Posts

@Pray_to_me: ok

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SecretPolice

@flyincloud1116 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

OKAY....

You may be correct and I will get one regardless. I have upped my limit to $599.00.

Same here but of course we'll wait and see for sure what we're getting but I'm banking on MS learned a lesson or two from the crap decision making that went into the original X1 and all it's failures from the word go. Going to be an exiting E3 this year from all three console and game makers, good stuff, Is it June yet? lol :)

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

You know MS and Xbox are doing well when the fanboys from the competing company come foaming from the mouth, angry, spitting up nonsense, over their insecurities and fear of the Scorpio. MS nailed it with Scorpio, and Sony dropped the ball with the Pro, and VR. And it's too much for cows so they're having meltdowns.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3039 Posts

Cmon man. Really?

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@SecretPolice said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

OKAY....

Same here but of course we'll wait and see for sure what we're getting but I'm banking on MS learned a lesson or two from the crap decision making that went into the original X1 and all it's failures from the word go. Going to be an exiting E3 this year from all three console and game makers, good stuff, Is it June yet? lol :)

The Xbox Two (my guess for the new name ;) ) has to come in at $400. I agree about the year in gaming. New hardware, new games, thrilling times for us gamers.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Flyincloud1116

@SecretPolice said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

OKAY....

Yes we will definitely have to wait and see. E3 will be great this year. Sony will be pushing games games games and MS/Nintendo will be push new consoles.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kvally

@primorandomguy said:

You know MS and Xbox are doing well when the fanboys from the competing company come foaming from the mouth, angry, spitting up nonsense, over their insecurities and fear of the Scorpio. MS nailed it with Scorpio, and Sony dropped the ball with the Pro, and VR. And it's too much for cows so they're having meltdowns.

^this

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#27 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

@cainetao11:

How do you type with Nadella pounding your butt?

With my hands, duh. You going to keep deflecting? LOL

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Flyincloud1116

@cainetao11 said:
@Pray_to_me said:

@cainetao11:

TMI

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SecretPolice

@Pray_to_me: @cainetao11:

This gon b gud...

Grabs a bowl of peal & eat shrimp, cocktail sauce, a Rolling Rock and a glass of Makers Mark. Go get'em Tao... lololol :P

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cainetao11

@flyincloud1116 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Pray_to_me said:

@cainetao11:

TMI

Typing with my hands is TMI? I never addressed his attempt at insult.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Flyincloud1116

@cainetao11 said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Pray_to_me said:

@cainetao11:

TMI

I meant to him sorry war vet.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SecretPolice

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@SecretPolice said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@flyincloud1116 said:

The Xbox Two (my guess for the new name ;) ) has to come in at $400. I agree about the year in gaming. New hardware, new games, thrilling times for us gamers.

Oh gosh I really, really, really hope they don't name it Two, that to me would be as bad as One for this gen. I'd like them to stick with Xbox Scorpio, sounds bad ass to me from the day I heard it uttered.

Wait, did I just say Uttered... no SW pun intended, no really. :P

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cainetao11

@flyincloud1116 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Pray_to_me said:

@cainetao11:

TMI

I meant to him sorry war vet.

No need to apologize. Was just curious as to how you thought others were posting if an admission of using hands was TMI. We cant all afford the Dragon.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Flyincloud1116

@SecretPolice said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@SecretPolice said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@SecretPolice said:

Oh gosh I really, really, really hope they don't name it Two, that to me would be as bad as One for this gen. I'd like them to stick with Xbox Scorpio, sounds bad ass to me from the day I heard it uttered.

Wait, did I just say Uttered... no SW pun intended, no really. :P

X1: 2

X1: X

X1: Premium

X1: Pro

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SecretPolice

@flyincloud1116:

Lololol. Get it right, X1 Poo. :P

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

Yes all analysts and gaming experts agree the scorpio is DOA. Now the real question is when will M$ abandon their console? this year or the next year? Since they started already discontinuing their first party and cancelling games and sale numbers are as pathetic as possible my bet is that they're preparing to jump ship to PC fulltime by early 2018. I feel bad for the few lems buying the scorpio just to be left in the dust by M$ but it's their own fault for insisting on having shitty taste.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Personally i don't think there is a market for the scorpio.

It's either way going to be powerful enough to make sense, then the price is to high and still only locked in xbox marketplace so yea gg. or its going to be to weak enough to compete with pc high end experiences. which makes people floak to the pc anyway.

So it's a pointless box.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#40 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

You can't run a train with only two people, for f*ck's sake.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SecretPolice

@dakur said:

Yes all analysts and gaming experts agree the scorpio is DOA. Now the real question is when will M$ abandon their console? this year or the next year? Since they started already discontinuing their first party and cancelling games and sale numbers are as pathetic as possible my bet is that they're preparing to jump ship to PC fulltime by early 2018. I feel bad for the few lems buying the scorpio just to be left in the dust by M$ but it's their own fault for insisting on having shitty taste.

Lemmings already happily lined up chomping at the bit waiting for their chance to buy a Mighty Scorpio and drop a Titan on the other SW factions...

Yeah baby, yeah !! :P

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Flyincloud1116

@SecretPolice said:

@flyincloud1116:

Lololol. Get it right, X1 Poo. :P

X1 Poo Poo

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Seems like the pro flopped and the switch is a soft launch. Not sure on the scorpio but I doubt it will flop as bad as the pro. The switch is wii u 2.0 another niche product launched in march. The scorpio is not even out yet and it has been dominating headlines.

If your really concerned about games get a gaming pc. Xbox live is free and you can play wii u games at 4k using cem U 1.7.0d. You can also play ps3 games using esx 0.9.8r also. You also have the most exclusives on pc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@dakur said:

'All analysts' is it really all of them or was that just bollocks?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

lol console wars.

If MS were smart they would just allow you to install Windows on it and then they wouldn't have to worry about games.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@boycie said:
@dakur said:

'All analysts' is it really all of them or was that just bollocks?

All the ones that matter. For example Pachter thinks the scorpio is going to be a success lol.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

If Scorpio can play any Xbox One, 360, and OG Xbox game then it's already starting out with a great library. We'll have to wait and see.

But yes Switch is looking good to me so far, and PS4 has about a half dozen or so games out or upcoming that are really worth owning (that aren't multiplats). Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian, the Crash remaster trilogy, and Spiderman

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

You can't run a train with only two people, for f*ck's sake.

Give the virgin a break his mommy didn't tell him about sex yet.