The PC is the objectively superior gaming platform.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#351 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

wtf? what a fail

bye loser.

sincerely, your father.

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames: flagged for spreading false information

Lol .

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#352 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@04dcarraher said:

@Cranler:

Your an just another SW troll lol, ignoring the lower graphics, texture issues lower resolution on console version.... And the best you can come up with is a few random youtube vids.... The 1st "video" does not state pc's specs besides gpu, then the other states better performance when not recording using a lower end socket 775 pentium dual core... Arkham City makes use of quad cores and changes the playing field

The real benchmark shown "On our i7 2600K test system the venerable GPU surprised us once more by breezing past 60 frames per second at 1920x1080 using the highest detail level"

9800gt benchmarks done by Nvidia. Sounds legit.

So a 2007 card has to be paired with a $300 cpu that came out in 2011 for a proper benchmark? That's like someone running an I7 4790K with a gtx 460 today.

@mikhail said:

@Cranler: Everyone knows you're a troll at this point, and not one user here takes you seriously at all. I don't know why you even bother, you've ruined your reputation completely with thousands of shit posts over a period of years and nothing will EVER get you out of the hole you've dug for yourself.

If you're actually not a troll, then you're just a moron. I don't know why the moderation staff around here hasn't just banned your ass already, maybe you provide some much needed entertainment for them. You're pathetic.

I asked you to show examples of my alleged trolling and all i get is another crying post. Not even one example?

Agreeing with valve and disproving console mp fairness makes me a troll and/or moron?

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

lol console multiplayer

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354  Edited By R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

@Cranler said:

A fair article would compare Diablo 3 to GTA V as well as many other console games that sold faster than Diablo 3.

Or maybe a fair article would compare Diablo 3 PC to Diablo 3 Console sales.

Oh, but it wouldn't support your position, so it's a no no.

@Cranler said:

Xbone and PS 4 have similar hardware and a different OS just like a mac and a pc.

Can you multiboot a PS4 with Xbone OS and a WiiU OS and play all the console games on it?

Please, your sheer incompetence hurts my brain.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

*walks into pc related thread*

Hi Guys!

*Sees the ammount of Cranler posts*

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356  Edited By Cranler

@R10nu said:

@Cranler said:

A fair article would compare Diablo 3 to GTA V as well as many other console games that sold faster than Diablo 3.

Or maybe a fair article would compare Diablo 3 PC to Diablo 3 Console sales.

Oh, but it wouldn't support your position, so it's a no no.

@Cranler said:

Xbone and PS 4 have similar hardware and a different OS just like a mac and a pc.

Can you multiboot a PS4 with Xbone OS and a WiiU OS and play all the console games on it?

Please, your sheer incompetence hurts my brain.

Comparing Diablo 3 pc sales to Diablo 3 console sales would be like comparing Gears of War 360 sales to Gears pc sales.

What position? I just point out flaws in peoples arguments whether it be by console or pc fanboys.

Fairest and most logical comparison would be the consoles best selling games vs pc's best selling games. Any other comparison would be biased.

How does being able to run multiple os's on one computer make them the same platform? PS 3 can run Linux does that mean the PS 3 os isnt it's own platform? PC's can emulate old consoles, does that mean the PS 2 isn't it's own platform?

Valve considers mac, pc and linux to be separate platforms, are they incompetent? Consoles are splintered up between gens and brand competition while pc is monopolized by MS so the fairest comparison would be all consoles vs all computers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#357 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Boring. PC is fine and all but I only really use it for Dota 2 and Football Manager. I much prefer consoles and handhelds.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 RoboCopISJesus

@Aljosa23 said:

Boring. PC is fine and all but I only really use it for Dota 2 and Football Manager. I much prefer consoles and handhelds.

well that a fine opinion but this was an objective based debate thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Aljosa23 said:

well that a fine opinion but this was an objective based debate thread.

LOL "objective based debate" in System Wars

that is hilarious

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#360  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts
@Cranler said:

So a 2007 card has to be paired with a $300 cpu that came out in 2011 for a proper benchmark? That's like someone running an I7 4790K with a gtx 460 today.

Nope wrong again.... troll harder..... Phenom 2/ C2Q's or better quad cores with arkham city will allow 60 fps averages with 8800's/9800's. The game is coded to use four threads DX11, physx tessellation etc, meant for more modern hardware. Games that do not make use of the cpu's resources take away from the gpu. Hence the Assassins Creed games from the 3rd onward causing gpu's to be under utilized. Problem is that pc hardware always evolve and get better and most systems still using 8800's are ones that tend to be still using dual cores from that era.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 Cranler

@04dcarraher said:
@Cranler said:

Nope wrong again.... troll harder..... Phenom 2/ C2Q's or better quad cores with arkham city will allow 60 fps averages with 8800's/9800's. The game is coded to use four threads DX11, physx tessellation etc, meant for more modern hardware. Games that do not make use of the cpu's resources take away from the gpu. Hence the Assassins Creed games from the 3rd onward causing gpu's to be under utilized. Problem is that pc hardware always evolve and get better and most systems still using 8800's are ones that tend to be still using dual cores from that era.

What am i wrong about? I was supposed to expect people to be using 2006 gpu tech with high end cpu's from 2011?

If I did this I would be accused of moving the goalposts.

Now show me an 8800 benchmark with 2006 era cpu tech.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@Cranler said:

Valve considers mac, pc and linux to be separate platforms, are they incompetent?

yes, because they do this inconsistently, and you've shown the pic before (post 321) where valve say "Mac or PC (both Windows and Linux)"

its marketing speak, not technical jargon.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 04dcarraher

@Cranler said:

What am i wrong about? I was supposed to expect people to be using 2006 gpu tech with high end cpu's from 2011?

Want to see an Athlon X2 6000 with 9800GT running the game on high at 1680x1050 here you go.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cckkvd5xNE

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#364 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Thanks TC I finally see the light and the error of my console loving ways. I shall sell all my consoles to get a PC as atonement to lord gaben for my sins.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 Cranler

@CrownKingArthur said:
@Cranler said:

Valve considers mac, pc and linux to be separate platforms, are they incompetent?

yes, because they do this inconsistently, and you've shown the pic before (post 321) where valve say "Mac or PC (both Windows and Linux)"

According to that they consider Linux and Windows to be pc and mac a separate platform. They call mac and pc mp cross-platform mp. If apple wanted to, they could make their own games and require a mac os to run the games but apple decided not to pursue being a viable game platform. Consoles have brand competition, computers don't. Consolites are splintered up between gens and brands while pc gamers aren't. So again, pc vs one console is stupid.

@04dcarraher said:

@Cranler said:

Want to see an Athlon X2 6000 with 9800GT running the game on high at 1680x1050 here you go.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cckkvd5xNE

Notice how choppy and laggy the camera turning is when outside. He says letter for letter: "all settings are arounf high".

Isn't 1680x1050 moving the goalposts?

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 CrownKingArthur
@Cranler said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@Cranler said:

According to that they consider Linux and Windows to be pc and mac a separate platform. They call mac and pc mp cross-platform mp. If apple wanted to, they could make their own games and require a mac os to run the games but apple decided not to pursue being a viable game platform. Consoles have brand competition, computers don't. Consolites are splintered up between gens and brands while pc gamers aren't. So again, pc vs one console is stupid.

Cross platform multiplayer?

"According to that they consider Linux and Windows to be pc", that's great thank you for the acknowledgement. When looking on Steam for cross-platform multiplayer, I come across Star Ruler 2, available on Linux and Windows.

How can Valve consider that game cross-platform if Valve's earlier description of Windows and Linux being "PC" platform is correct?

The answer is likely because they're not interested in being technically correct in this regard, they're marketing the games with language that's likely to be understood. But from a technical standpoint, its incompetence.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 Cranler
@CrownKingArthur said:
@Cranler said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@Cranler said:

"According to that they consider Linux and Windows to be pc", that's great thank you for the acknowledgement. When looking on Steam for cross-platform multiplayer, I come across Star Ruler 2, available on Linux and Windows.

How can Valve consider that game cross-platform if Valve's earlier description of Windows and Linux being "PC" platform is correct?

The answer is likely because they're not interested in being technically correct in this regard, they're marketing the games with language that's likely to be understood. But from a technical standpoint, its incompetence.

So your only argument is something valve said on one page in parenthesis?

I did a search for mac platform and looks like more reputable sites besides valve consider mac to be it's own platform.

• Mac Games - EA

www.ea.com › Games

Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts offers the most complete catalog of video games for the Mac platform.

• Mac gaming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_gaming

Wikipedia

Mac gaming refers to use of video games on Macintosh personal computers. In the ...Apple has at times attempted to market the platform for gaming. In April ...

• Mac (Platform) - Giant Bomb

www.giantbomb.com/mac/3045-17/

Giant Bomb

Nov 9, 2013 - Since approximately halfway through the first decade of the 21st Century, Apple has begun to play up the Mac as a games platform, something ...

• The Mac as a Gaming Platform, the New Era - Tom's Hardware

www.tomshardware.com › Systems › Systems News

Tom's Hardware

by Wolfgang Gruener - May 1, 2010 - Macs will become an alternative and viable gameplatform... and there is nothing you can do about it.

• The 25 Best Mac Games Today | Mac|Life

www.maclife.com/article/gallery/25_best_mac_games_today

by Andrew Hayward - May 27, 2014 - The 25 Best Mac Games Today ..... "up-to-date", then we should see Bioshock Infinite here, one of the best games for Mac or any otherplatform.

1. Year In Review: The Best Freakin' Mac Games Of 2013 ...

www.cultofmac.com/.../year-review-best-freakin-mac-ga...

The Cult of Mac

by Rob LeFebvre - Dec 29, 2013 - There are still a ton of us who game on our Macs. If you're one of those folks, you'll know how great a platform the Mac can be. While there may ...

2. Macintosh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh

Wikipedia

In 1985, Lotus Software introduced Lotus Jazz for the Macintosh platform after the success of Lotus 1-2-3 for the IBM PC, although it was largely a flop. Apple

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#368 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

@asylumni: As reviewtechusa "90% of the time even the worst port is better than the console version"

Why? customization, change the controls adjust the framerate and resolution, mods, or backwards compability that allows you to play it many years later with better graphics without having to re-buy the game, not to mention not having to pay for mp and if the game is popular you still find people to play with Eg cod2, where on consoles no one plays cod2 online.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 04dcarraher

@Cranler said:

@04dcarraher said:

@Cranler said:

Notice how choppy and laggy the camera turning is when outside. He says letter for letter: "all settings are arounf high".

You just wont accept the facts too bad

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370  Edited By Cranler

@04dcarraher said:

@Cranler said:

@04dcarraher said:

@Cranler said:

You just wont accept the facts too bad

So you went from claiming 1080p, very high at 60 fps to 1680x1050, mostly high and what looks to be sub 60 fps.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371  Edited By CrownKingArthur
@Cranler said:
@CrownKingArthur said:
@Cranler said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@Cranler said:

I did a search for mac platform and looks like more reputable sites besides valve consider mac to be it's own platform.

• Mac Games - EA

www.ea.com › Games

Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts offers the most complete catalog of video games for the Mac platform.

Wikipedia

Mac gaming refers to use of video games on Macintosh personal computers. In the ...Apple has at times attempted to market the platform for gaming. In April ...

Giant Bomb

Nov 9, 2013 - Since approximately halfway through the first decade of the 21st Century, Apple has begun to play up the Mac as a games platform, something ...

Tom's Hardware

by Wolfgang Gruener - May 1, 2010 - Macs will become an alternative and viable gameplatform... and there is nothing you can do about it.

by Andrew Hayward - May 27, 2014 - The 25 Best Mac Games Today ..... "up-to-date", then we should see Bioshock Infinite here, one of the best games for Mac or any otherplatform.

The Cult of Mac

by Rob LeFebvre - Dec 29, 2013 - There are still a ton of us who game on our Macs. If you're one of those folks, you'll know how great a platform the Mac can be. While there may ...

Wikipedia

In 1985, Lotus Software introduced Lotus Jazz for the Macintosh platform after the success of Lotus 1-2-3 for the IBM PC, although it was largely a flop. Apple

no actually the cornerstone of my argument is that is not necessarily a good idea to define things in a technical manner from information on the marketing speak of companies like valve! which was one of your angles in post 356.

its a logical fallacy based on argument of authority. i've explained where valve's been inconsistent with it's descriptions, the steam storefront seems like an unsuitable place to learn technical information. I still don't know there can be cross platform multiplayer between linux and windows if they are the same platform, as valve says.

do they mean cross-operating system? if yes then why haven't they labelled it so?

is a mac a pc? is a mac with linux installed a mac? valve's website doesn't have the answers to these questions. if someone referred to valve's comment as evidence that the mac is not a pc because pc is windows and linux - they're not right. the mac is a type of pc.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372  Edited By asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@dakan45: Nope, next week, next month, next year, next decade, the PS4 will run watch dogs better than a PC with an HD6870. No hypothetical guesses of what might happen can change that.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373  Edited By 04dcarraher

@Cranler said:

So you went from claiming 1080p, very high at 60 fps to 1680x1050, mostly high and what looks to be sub 60 fps.

lol I didnt claim anything I proved it, then your like need $300 cpu to get 1080 60fps , fact is you dont and any decent quad core can achieve it , then you ask for same era hardware as 8800 , showed an Athlon X2 setup perform well even with recording performance loss but now you complain about the video being 1680x1050 and fps isnt steady 60. but ignore the fact that 1680x1050 is only 15% less pixel count and that the drain in performance while recording. Your just typical SW troll.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 dakan45

@asylumni: never argued taht, DUH comparing weaker hardware to more powerfull hardware and expecting the game to run better is impossible...only console fnaboys believe that nonsense.

The diffirence is that the pc version will get better with driver and game updates and at any time you can upgrade to run the game better, many years from now if you replay it with better hardware it will run better.

The ps4 version will run the same as it does now.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 asylumni

@dakan45: Nope, you claimed the PC version is ALWAYS better, I simply showed it wasn't always. It can be, but it could also be worse. It depends on the hardware, not the platform itself.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 dakan45

@asylumni: AHAHAHAHhh good one, now go back under the bridge.

So the pc version isnt better because your underpowered crap pc doesnt somehow manage to magically run the game better than a "NEXT GEN" brand new console?

Please get over yourself!!

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 Cranler

@CrownKingArthur said:
@Cranler said:
@CrownKingArthur said:
@Cranler said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@Cranler said:

• Mac Games - EA

www.ea.com › Games

Electronic Arts

Wikipedia

Giant Bomb

Tom's Hardware

The Cult of Mac

Wikipedia

no actually the cornerstone of my argument is that is not necessarily a good idea to define things in a technical manner from information on the marketing speak of companies like valve! which was one of your angles in post 356.

its a logical fallacy based on argument of authority. i've explained where valve's been inconsistent with it's descriptions, the steam storefront seems like an unsuitable place to learn technical information. I still don't know there can be cross platform multiplayer between linux and windows if they are the same platform, as valve says.

do they mean cross-operating system? if yes then why haven't they labelled it so?

is a mac a pc? is a mac with linux installed a mac? valve's website doesn't have the answers to these questions. if someone referred to valve's comment as evidence that the mac is not a pc because pc is windows and linux - they're not right. the mac is a type of pc.

Many people equate pc with windows nowadays. Anyways many sites consider the mac to be it's own platform. So it's fine to compare all computer platforms to all consoles. Both Steam and GMG have a pc and mac section. Gamespot has a forum called "pc and mac discussion".

@04dcarraher said:

@Cranler said:

lol I didnt claim anything I proved it, then your like need $300 cpu to get 1080 60fps , fact is you dont and any decent quad core can achieve it , then you ask for same era hardware as 8800 , showed an Athlon X2 setup perform well even with recording performance loss but now you complain about the video being 1680x1050 and fps isnt steady 60. but ignore the fact that 1680x1050 is only 15% less pixel count and that the drain in performance while recording. Your just typical SW troll.

Nvidia benchmarking it's own hardware is hardly conclusive. Who runs a 9800gt with a high end cpu like that anyway? Anyone one with a high end 2007 pc will not get 60 fps at 1080p.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 04dcarraher

@Cranler said:

Nvidia benchmarking it's own hardware is hardly conclusive. Who runs a 9800gt with a high end cpu like that anyway? Anyone one with a high end 2007 pc will not get 60 fps at 1080p.

lol still grasping that someone that is a dedicated to pc gaming still clinging on 2007 era hardware in 2011. But the fact remains that 8800 series can hold its own and beat last gen consoles with ease. Totally ignoring the facts that quad core systems were available in 2007. Also the fact that those 2007 systems still out pace those consoles in multiplats.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#379 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@04dcarraher said:

@Cranler said:

lol still grasping that someone that is a dedicated to pc gaming still clinging on 2007 era hardware in 2011. But the fact remains that 8800 series can hold its own and beat last gen consoles with ease. Totally ignoring the facts that quad core systems were available in 2007. Also the fact that those 2007 systems still out pace those consoles in multiplats.

yeah my crappy phenom II x4 940 that i bought second handed plays the newest games with ease.

and that cpu is owned by the high end quad cores from intel that were released in 2007

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 asylumni

@dakan45 said:

@asylumni: AHAHAHAHhh good one, now go back under the bridge.

So the pc version isnt better because your underpowered crap pc doesnt somehow manage to magically run the game better than a "NEXT GEN" brand new console?

Please get over yourself!!

Right, because calling out a person on their BS is trolling. You were the one that said, "the pc version of a game is ALWAYS better than the console version." You were the one posting videos trying to prove my "underpowered crap pc" can outperform a PS4. Your statement was no more true than someone saying, "PC's always cost $2000 and you have to upgrade them every other year."

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 Cranler

@04dcarraher said:

@Cranler said:

Using a benchmark by a biased party with a totally unrealistic config is grasping. I never said the 8800 couldn't beat the last gen consoles.

If core 2 quads are so great then why did so many people upgrade to I7 920 and then the 2600k? Don't claim Intels first gen quad cores can do anything without an unbiased 3rd party benchmark.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#382 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

For me , three biggest reasons to stick with PC are :

Valve
Valve
Blizzard
Blizzard
CD Projekt Red
CD Projekt Red

All of these have, at least, some of their games on console.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Valve
Valve
Blizzard
Blizzard
CD Projekt Red
CD Projekt Red

Exactly , some but not all . Also , their games are PC centric . And whenever they make a game , we don't need confirmation for PC version , because we know it is going to be on it . They are PC devs just like how From Software are console devs .

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Valve
Valve
Blizzard
Blizzard
CD Projekt Red
CD Projekt Red

Whose games are all better on PC and all games they make are guaranteed on PC with more support and updates

Just one of many reasons why pc has the most aaa/aa scoring titles every gen. :)

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385  Edited By R10nu
@Cranler said:

Many people equate pc with windows nowadays. Anyways many sites consider the mac to be it's own platform.

This whole divide comes from nothing more but Apple advertisement campaign.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_a_Mac

Linux and Windows are not separated because Linux didn't put millions in years-long televised marketing campaign aimed at depicting it as "alternative" and "in league of it's own".

@Cranler said:
How does being able to run multiple os's on one computer make them the same platform? PS 3 can run Linux does that mean the PS 3 os isnt it's own platform? PC's can emulate old consoles, does that mean the PS 2 isn't it's own platform?

Valve considers mac, pc and linux to be separate platforms, are they incompetent? Consoles are splintered up between gens and brand competition while pc is monopolized by MS so the fairest comparison would be all consoles vs all computers.

PS3 can't run Linux.

And back when it could, it lacked basic drivers for its core components, thus unable to do much at all.

By the way, Android OS is based on Linux. Android phones and tablets are PCs now, i guess?

@Cranler said:
PC's can emulate old consoles, does that mean the PS 2 isn't it's own platform?

So you don't see the difference between emulation and running natively?

@Cranler said:

Fairest and most logical comparison would be the consoles best selling games vs pc's best selling games. Any other comparison would be biased.

Why bring up Diablo 3 then?

Because it sold the most retail boxes on a platform that doesn't buy retail boxes?

And then compare it to other game that sold most retail boxes on multiple platforms that buy nothing but retail boxes.

Fairest, you call it?

Why not compare it to WoW that brings in GTAV's total sales yearly since 2005 to this day?

Because "digital copies" is still a new concept for console fans in "Next-gen" 2014.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 Cranler

@R10nu said:
@Cranler said:

Many people equate pc with windows nowadays. Anyways many sites consider the mac to be it's own platform.

This whole divide comes from nothing more but Apple advertisement campaign.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_a_Mac

Linux and Windows are not separated because Linux didn't put millions in years-long televised marketing campaign aimed at depicting it as "alternative" and "in league of it's own".

@Cranler said:

PS3 can't run Linux.

And back when it could, it lacked basic drivers for its core components, thus unable to do much at all.

By the way, Android OS is based on Linux. Android phones and tablets are PCs now, i guess?

@Cranler said:
PC's can emulate old consoles, does that mean the PS 2 isn't it's own platform?

So you don't see the difference between emulation and running natively?

@Cranler said:

Why bring up Diablo 3 then?

Because it sold the most retail boxes on a platform that doesn't buy retail boxes?

And then compare it to other game that sold most retail boxes on multiple platforms that buy nothing but retail boxes.

Fairest, you call it?

Why not compare it to WoW that brings in GTAV's total sales yearly since 2005 to this day?

Because "digital copies" is still a new concept for console fans in "Next-gen" 2014.

Apple computers have been referred to as Macs since the 80's. I think gamespot's pc and mac forum was here before that ad campaign started.

If running multiple os's on one computer means those os's aren't separate platforms then android and ios aren't separate platforms either since a dual boot can be setup on iphones.

Someone linked an article that compared Diablo 3 sales to Last of Us.

NPD is the company that tracks retail sales, they had nothing to do with the Diablo 3 sales announcements. Blizzard are the ones who announced their sales so of course they counted physical and digital sales.

Comparing a subscription game to a non sub game? Apples and oranges. It took WoW much longer to hit 30 million sales.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@Cranler: Have you ever noticed that not one single person ever agrees with you when you start going on your crazy PC/Mac and Android/iOS platform crusade? Just stop already and try to stay on topic for once.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388 Mr_Huggles_dog

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Whose games are all better on PC and all games they make are guaranteed on PC with more support and updates

Just one of many reasons why pc has the most aaa/aa scoring titles every gen. :)

HA! If you're trying to lead and manipulate the youngins to think what you're saying is true...then fine....but no one in the right mind would believe you. Anyone who has been in the gaming scene for a year would know you're lying.

@Cloud_imperium said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Exactly , some but not all . Also , their games are PC centric . And whenever they make a game , we don't need confirmation for PC version , because we know it is going to be on it . They are PC devs just like how From Software are console devs .

Lol...how is that true.

I went to the CDPR forums and complained that TW2 was giving me trouble and after some conversing and arguing.....it was brought to my attention that TW2 was claimed to be consolized by hardcore PC gamers. And TW2 is very different than the first.

Then theres Diablo 3. Right....that game was and is made for consoles.....thats a dam fact. That game was an abomination.

As for Valve....they aren't working on games as much as they used to. Either way....they have countless games on console.

Look you're claiming these devs as PC exclusive devs or something and you're twisting that whole idea around. Thats like me saying Ubisoft is a console dev b/c their priority is getting games to work on console rather than PC.

But thats not true....their games are on PC. They are a multiplatform dev/publisher.

As for CDPR...you say they are PC centric....and TW2 is a technical mess on PC. So that doesn't really shoot as far as a rubberband gun.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

HA! If you're trying to lead and manipulate the youngins to think what you're saying is true...then fine....but no one in the right mind would believe you. Anyone who has been in the gaming scene for a year would know you're lying.

@Cloud_imperium said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Lol...how is that true.

I went to the CDPR forums and complained that TW2 was giving me trouble and after some conversing and arguing.....it was brought to my attention that TW2 was claimed to be consolized by hardcore PC gamers. And TW2 is very different than the first.

Then theres Diablo 3. Right....that game was and is made for consoles.....thats a dam fact. That game was an abomination.

As for Valve....they aren't working on games as much as they used to. Either way....they have countless games on console.

Look you're claiming these devs as PC exclusive devs or something and you're twisting that whole idea around. Thats like me saying Ubisoft is a console dev b/c their priority is getting games to work on console rather than PC.

But thats not true....their games are on PC. They are a multiplatform dev/publisher.

As for CDPR...you say they are PC centric....and TW2 is a technical mess on PC. So that doesn't really shoot as far as a rubberband gun.

Dota 2 = PC exclusive , Witcher 1 = PC Exclusive , Starcraft 2 = PC Exclusive , Warcraft 3 = PC Exclusive , Witcher 2 = Timed PC Exclusive , still not available on PS3 , Left 4 Dead = Still not available on PS3 , Left 4 Dead 2 = Still not available on PS3 , Diablo 3 = Timed PC Exclusive . All of them are available on PC . Not all of them are available on consoles . The ones that are available , are worse versions and delayed ports .

As far as Witcher 2 on Xbox 360 vs PC discussion goes , no one cares about haters .

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390 Mr_Huggles_dog

@Cloud_imperium said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Lol...how is that true.

Dota 2 = PC exclusive , Witcher 1 = PC Exclusive , Starcraft 2 = PC Exclusive , Warcraft 3 = PC Exclusive , Witcher 2 = Timed PC Exclusive , still not available on PS3 , Left 4 Dead = Still not available on PS3 , Left 4 Dead 2 = Still not available on PS3 , Diablo 3 = Timed PC Exclusive . All of them are available on PC . Not all of them are available on consoles . The ones that are available , are worse versions and delayed ports .

As far as Witcher 2 on Xbox 360 vs PC discussion goes , no one cares about haters .

So are we calling out the ancient games of WC3? Are we now changing what exclusive means?

Just the other day I said I felt that exclusive was different if it was on 1 console and on PC but not on another console....all that stuff...but someone said "Thats not how exclusvies work".

So....not only are you considering calling on exclusives from like 5+ years ago....but some that aren't even complete exclusives....they are times....oh noes....and furthermore....are on at least one console.

As stupid and childish as it sounds...I'm tired and can't think of any other way to put it....but I crush your exclusives. The list I have is all non timed.....and none what-so-ever on PC. All those PS exclusives....not on PC....not timed....NEVER. And they aren't from years ago. There are already AAA PS4 exclusvies that will never come to PC. I don't need to go back 5+ years.

As for the graphics comparison....I just don't care. I have TW2 for PC and we basically beta tested the thing. Thats the thing....devs/publishers want games to work right on console.....then if they go to PC whatever.....but if they go to PC first....it's ok if they have to be patched to hell and back.

I have it on PC and it's a technical mess. Plus, again....I know several Xbox gamers that played TW2 and thought it was great....never needing better graphics.

Thats YOUR hang-up problem....not others.

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391  Edited By R10nu

@Cranler said:

Apple computers have been referred to as Macs since the 80's.

Oh boy, i do wonder who coined the term, which sounds exactly like an apple branded PC.

Also, back in the day, Apple actually were developing their own hardware.

@Cranler said:

I think gamespot's pc and mac forum was here before that ad campaign started.

Was gamespot around before Apple was founded?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Think_different

Yeah, i think not.

@Cranler said:

If running multiple os's on one computer means those os's aren't separate platforms then android and ios aren't separate platforms either since a dual boot can be setup on iphones.

They're not. They're phones. Gamespot forums, which seems to be a be-all-end-all of your argument doesn't separate them.

@Cranler said:

Comparing a subscription game to a non sub game? Apples and oranges.

Hey, let's move the goalposts!

The argument was about which platform makes more money.

GTAV was brought up as the game that made "the most money ever".

I brought up WoW that eats GTAV for breakfast.

End of story.

@Cranler said:

It took WoW much longer to hit 30 million sales.

And?

Are you assuming GTAV will beat WoW's lifetime earnings at some point?

@mr_huggles_dog said:

As stupid and childish as it sounds...I'm tired and can't think of any other way to put it....but I crush your exclusives.

It is stupid and childish.

The guy mentioned the 3 companies, whose games he likes the most and who always go extra mile for PC.

His list is not all the exclusives the PC has, it's just games from those 3 companies. One would think it was obvious enough.

I find it cute how you didn't notice that and act victorious.

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#392  Edited By Dasein808
Member since 2008 • 839 Posts

@mikhail said:

@Cranler: Have you ever noticed that not one single person ever agrees with you when you start going on your crazy PC/Mac and Android/iOS platform crusade? Just stop already and try to stay on topic for once.

This, a million times, this.

You'd think he might catch on, but he seems more interested in his own voice as he offers his pathetically distorted "evidence" to prove his latest moronic claims.

Once his evidence is blown out of the water, it's time to ignore his detractors' points and move the goal posts, or change his original claim to something entirely different.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Or they can quickly check Metacritic or Gamespot reviews and see you are trolling the shit out of them. PC gets the most aaa-aa games, and is gauranteed every game from blizzard/valve/cdproject :: while console might or might not get them and/or or have to wait for shoddy ports with no updates.

PC might get the best version of most multiplats, but it also has more exclusives than all 3 systems combined. This was true last gen as well. Do a quick MC/GS check.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394  Edited By Cranler

@mikhail said:

I don't expect fanboys to side with logic that doesn't fit their agenda.

Whenever a hermit complains about comparing sales of a game on multiple consoles vs pc I will point out how they're wrong.

Where did I go off topic? All I do is agree or disagree with posts and give reasons why.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395 Cranler

@R10nu said:

@Cranler said:

Apple computers have been referred to as Macs since the 80's.

Oh boy, i do wonder who coined the term, which sounds exactly like an apple branded PC.

Also, back in the day, Apple actually were developing their own hardware.

@Cranler said:

I think gamespot's pc and mac forum was here before that ad campaign started.

Was gamespot around before Apple was founded?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Think_different

Yeah, i think not.

@Cranler said:

They're not. They're phones. Gamespot forums, which seems to be a be-all-end-all of your argument doesn't separate them.

@Cranler said:

Comparing a subscription game to a non sub game? Apples and oranges.

Hey, let's move the goalposts!

The argument was about which platform makes more money.

GTAV was brought up as the game that made "the most money ever".

I brought up WoW that eats GTAV for breakfast.

End of story.

@Cranler said:

It took WoW much longer to hit 30 million sales.

And?

Are you assuming GTAV will beat WoW's lifetime earnings at some point?

Apple didn't force people to call windows based computers pc's. It should be windows and mac but hey I like to go with the flow and not rock the boat. Obviously though for compatibility reasons mac does need to be differentiated from pc/windows or whatever you want to call it.

Gonna have to requote you on an earlier post

You said and linked: "This whole divide comes from nothing more but Apple advertisement campaign." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_a_Mac

Obviously you thought the mac/pc divide began with that 2006 campaign.

Wow dude! Smart phones are computers with phone capabilities.

Gamestop doesn't separate the mobile platforms because there isn't enough use on those forums. For comparison, the Nintendo forum alone has 1740846 posts while the mobile forum has 10729 posts. The Nintendo forum is the least popular console forum btw.

It's amazing that you can't admit you're wrong and go so far as to say that ios and android are the same platform.

Guess who also considers mac and windows/pc to be separate platforms? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint-help/cross-platform-powerpoint-compatibility-HA010287268.aspx

An article was brought up where the author claims that Last of Us would have sold significantly better if it were on pc.

How much revenue the pc brings, how much Diablo 3 sells or Wow's success doesn't mean shit for how well multiplats will sell on pc. Thats why GTA V was brought up. No pc game even comes remotely close to selling that many copies of a game at full price. Every valve title combined probably didn't sell that many copies before msrp price drops.

You still don't understand why GTA V was brought up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

oh god the "steam treats PC as seperate arguement" again ... even though... its clearly "what these games are compatibile with" .... and we can boot all three.

Cranler... why do I bother.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397 Cranler

@MBirdy88 said:

oh god the "steam treats PC as seperate arguement" again ... even though... its clearly "what these games are compatibile with" .... and we can boot all three.

So what if one computer can run multiple os's? Even Microsoft sees mac and windows as separate platforms. So you know better than valve and Microsoft?

With your ridiculous reasoning then android and ios are the same platform since you can boot both on an iphone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Cranler said:

@MBirdy88 said:

So what if one computer can run multiple os's? Even Microsoft sees mac and windows as separate platforms. So you know better than valve and Microsoft?

With your ridiculous reasoning then android and ios are the same platform since you can boot both on an iphone.

no... im saying the platform differences don't really matter. given that there are what next to no linux or mac exclusives... and they are runnable on one PC.

HeadtripHippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 HeadtripHippie
Member since 2013 • 109 Posts

@Cranler

PC = system

XBone = system

PS4 = system

We are on system wars.

Just because the other systems are restricted to a single OS does not mean that a system with the option to use multiple OS's, which is an advantage, can or should be divided along those lines. PC developers separate PC games by OS because it is a subcategory of PC, an option for gamers who own a PC.

I thought this debate was settled long ago.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400  Edited By Cranler

@MBirdy88 said:

@Cranler said:

@MBirdy88 said:

no... im saying the platform differences don't really matter. given that there are what next to no linux or mac exclusives... and they are runnable on one PC.

The point I'm making is that pc gaming is monopolized by windows while console is splintered up by brand competition and gens. Comparing all consoles to pc makes sense when taking this into account. People might say you can't compare ps3 and 360 sales of GTA V to the best selling pc game. Well if Sony had the only console then the consolites would have just bought the ps3 version.

@headtriphippie said:

@Cranler

PC = system

XBone = system

PS4 = system

We are on system wars.

Just because the other systems are restricted to a single OS does not mean that a system with the option to use multiple OS's, which is an advantage, can or should be divided along those lines. PC developers separate PC games by OS because it is a subcategory of PC, an option for gamers who own a PC.

I thought this debate was settled long ago.

You're inconsistent. You're comparing a type of gaming system to 2 brands of gaming systems. PS 4 and Xbone have very similar hardware, the os is what separates them. There are pc configs that have less in common than those 2 consoles.

Here's some consistency

pc = system type

console = system type

Here's more consistency

Cyberpower = system

PS 4 = system