The Order is not using Deferred Rendering

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Well I just came to know that the Order 800p (1920 x 800) is using forward rendering instead of deferred rendering and has lightmaps instead of many dynamic lights as confirmed by its lead graphics engineer by the name of MJP on Beyond3D which is to be expected since it is using forward rendering.

Damn cows, I was promised a Crysis 3 killer with Crapzone: Shadow Fail but so far none of the 900pStation exclusives have managed to top even Crysis 2 - a game from 2011. Crapzone failed to top it, Famous for no shadows didn't cut it and the Order 800p....well lets not even go there.

So, cows when will we get a game on 900pStation that even manages to come close to Crysis 2 or would that be impossible because of the cheap ass tablet CPU and a GPU that barely matches a midrange 570 from 2010 that comprises the 900pStation?

P.S. The Order 800 won't have 4x MSAA as the developers are claiming. They are trolling cows to fall for it.

Edit: Since cows were accusing me of lying, here are the sources.

Source

Forward Rendering

Vecna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vecna
Member since 2002 • 3425 Posts

Its a watered down PC with almost none of the functionality, what do you expect?

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zeeshanhaider

@Vecna said:

Its a watered down PC with almost none of the functionality, what do you expect?

Love to rub the reality in the faces of consololites and especially cows. :D

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

John Carmack was making some good arguments against going with a deferred renderer and argued that point based light with a forward renderer has advantages over deferred rendering in certain situations. More dynamic lights isn't always necessary depending on the game that is being built. So really they probably have a good reason to not use a deferred renderer in this case since lots of games on the Playstation 4 do use deferred renderers.

Also saying stuff like "Crapzone: Shadow Fall" does not make you sound intelligent and renders your opinion practically worthless. English isn't hard and you're not clever for coming up with crap like that.

Furthemore the whole 1920x800 thing is clearly a choice they are making. They could easily got with 1080p with a very good SMAA or FXAA method but instead have decided at 1920x800 with 4xMSAA. There is no reason to believe a thing you just said.

shurns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shurns
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts

@Wasdie: Didn't the developers mentioned they can go 1080p without 4xMSAA if they wanted to? I read that somewhere.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Wasdie  Moderator

@shurns said:

@Wasdie: Didn't the developers mentioned they can go 1080p without 4xMSAA if they wanted to? I read that somewhere.

I don't think so. They said they could go full 1080p but I do believe they said they would have to utilize a different AA. MSAA is pretty damn taxing and the PS4's GPU isn't exactly the most powerful thing on the market. They are balancing all of the technical details for the best image quality possible. It's pretty clear the whole crazy aspect ratio is an artistic design choice rather than a technical limitation.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@Wasdie:

With due respect, you and I both know that they are lying about 4x MSAA. The final game won't have it. When was the last time you heard a dev and especially a first party dev say that they are making cuts because the target hardware is pathetically weak and it's not a design choice? Pretty damn sure Crytek said the same crap when cutting the Character polygons from 150K to 85K and reducing the resolution of Ryse to 900p. You and I both know it was not a design choice but rather a limitation of a system.

And the reason they said, they are not using deferred rendering inThe Order is because they wanted to go ahead with MSAA. Now I know MSAA is very difficult to achieve with deferred rendering but not impossible. Crysis 3 had it and lack of deferred rendering on 900pStation just shows how weak it is, and I'm sorry to say if you are not going to have dynamic lights in the so called next gen then you might as well quit calling it next-gen. I guess that's something you would least expect to become standard in the 'next-gen' consoles.

Furthermore, their choice can be good because of their art direction but still that won't make the Order a technically more impressive game than Crysis 2, no? After all that's what we are discussing, technical merits not art direction since it is subjective.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Wasdie  Moderator

@zeeshanhaider: I have no reason to believe they are lying one bit. Everything you are saying is based on some pretty wild assumptions you've made.

Again, you're further devaluing your opinions by saying shit like "900pStation".

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

even so, it will be interesting to see the end result.

i'm predicting 1920x800 of it will look pretty impressive.

Epic-gamerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 Epic-gamerz
Member since 2014 • 222 Posts

800p 4xMSAA black bars is more technically demanding than full 1080p no AA as confirmed by the Developers.

And nice trying to use Crysis 2 as ownage, most PC gamers and Crysis fans hated that game

shurns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shurns
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@shurns said:

I don't think so. They said they could go full 1080p but I do believe they said they would have to utilize a different AA. MSAA is pretty damn taxing and the PS4's GPU isn't exactly the most powerful thing on the market. They are balancing all of the technical details for the best image quality possible. It's pretty clear the whole crazy aspect ratio is an artistic design choice rather than a technical limitation.

I think that's what the developers mentioned regarding if they go for the full 1080p route, they would have to utilize a different AA. I agree with everything you said.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@Wasdie:

Well, knowing the history of Sony, I have a pretty good reason not to believe them. Remember the whole 1080p@60FPS lie about Crapzone's MP. Sony has a history of lying to its customers and then degrading their games. I don't want to go into it right now or feel free to create other topic if you want. I can show you how each and every single one of their games got downgraded since advertisement. And another reason for me to believe that the MSAA will be cut is because of the terrible framerate the so called gameplay trailer had. (Though only if someone could point me to gameplay in that trailer).

Anyways, you still didn't answer the question, does that make the Order the most technically more advance game to date or do you consider it technically below the level of Crysis 2. I want to know your reasons if you think it has something over Crysis 2. Seriously, I want to know your reasoning, if only one person I could trust his opinion on this forums is you.

P.S. the 900pStation and things like that are not to insult your intelligence. They are there to make cows rage. I love messing with them and besides it's not like it's far from reality.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

The game is sure to sate my Sherlock Holmes, Jack D. Ripper, Dr. Jeckyll, werewolves, 19th century London, League of Extraordinary Gentleman side so...

I'm still pumped.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 zeeshanhaider

@epic-gamerz said:

800p 4xMSAA black bars is more technically demanding than full 1080p no AA as confirmed by the Developers.

And nice trying to use Crysis 2 as ownage, most PC gamers and Crysis fans hated that game

I hated Crysis 2 myself but that doesn't change the fact that it shits on every 900pStation game including The Order 800p.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zeeshanhaider

@CrownKingArthur said:

even so, it will be interesting to see the end result.

i'm predicting 1920x800 of it will look pretty impressive.

Everything will look impressive when the entire world is prebaked.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

You can't even be bothered to provide links?

I'm so sick of these shit posters.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

It's because the source is his anus and I don't think anyone want a link to there.

Epic-gamerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Epic-gamerz
Member since 2014 • 222 Posts

TC sounds like you just need to get Laid... something real life for once

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 zeeshanhaider
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Still butthurt over the fact that Crysis 2 shits on Famous for no shadows? :P

I didn't include the links since I thought it to be common info but anyways since you are having pain in the ass, let me edit the post. I'm sorry to disappoint you that I wasn't lying. :(

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I didn't include the links since I thought it to be common info but anyways since you are having pain in the ass, let me edit the post. I'm sorry to disappoint you that I wasn't lying. :(

Any response I would have had for you was already so eloquently supplied by Wasdie, points which you continue to meet with ignorance. Further optimization is not some mark of shame.

glad to see you manned up and changed the thread, those links tell a bit of a different story, especially the post by MJP on neogaf rather than your blithering fanboy op.

Crysis 2? bitch please.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

1920x800p - check

30 fps - check

black bars - check

film grain effect - check

lightmaps - check

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

@MK-Professor: RE4?

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

@Vecna said:

Kinda hard to make someone(including myself) that doesn't give a damn about PC gaming currently rage with your silly comments.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#27 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

1920x1080 kzsf graphics have already beat Crysis 3, how can they not beat Cry 2? The Order is the first game to look near CGI during gameplay.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

It really doesn't matter what techniques they use the game looks fun and I can't wait for it to come out so I can play it.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Crytek is an embarrassment to the industry, I wouldn't be crowing about them OP.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Bu but Forza prebaked lighting in 1080p 60fps.

Sorry cows The Oder (spelled correctly) has failed you. All that *power* and 800p and prebaked lighting is all you will get. Top it with a shitty film grain effect and that sums up gaming on the QUAD.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 zeeshanhaider

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@zeeshanhaider said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Any response I would have had for you was already so eloquently supplied by Wasdie, points which you continue to meet with ignorance. Further optimization is not some mark of shame.

glad to see you manned up and changed the thread, those links tell a bit of a different story, especially the post by MJP on neogaf rather than your blithering fanboy op.

Crysis 2? bitch please.

Wasdie didn't refuted anything I said. Perhaps you are looking for something he didn't say? The Order 800p isn't using a deferred renderer. The devs initially wanted to use deferred renderer but then knowing how pathetically weak the 900pStation is they settled with forward rendering and now using the prebaked lightmaps and shadow maps instead of dynamic lights. Cry all you want this will not change the fact nor the sweet words MJP tried to coat the facts with. I'm still searching for his post about the Gaussian blur on beyond3d, it will add another feather to the cup of The Order 800p.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Since when does the technique used in achieving the overall visual, matter?

I was just playing Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD the other day. You know what? The orginal, much lower resolution version, looks much better.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By zeeshanhaider
@StrongBlackVine said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@Vecna said:

Kinda hard to make someone(including myself) that doesn't give a damn about PC gaming currently rage with your silly comments.

Really? Why do I have a felling that you are lying and are very jealous that a cheap ass tablet CPU and GPU barely matching a midrange 570 from 2010 in 900pStation can't even live up to a game from 2011? And why do I fell that you are extremely butthurt over the fact that Crapzone: Shadow Fail - a game touted by cows to be a Crysis 3 killer got beaten by Ryse a title on a 50% weaker system? Nah, that wasn't that hard, you see. :D

@KillzoneSnake said:

1920x1080 kzsf graphics have already beat Crysis 3, how can they not beat Cry 2? The Order is the first game to look near CGI during gameplay.

That said, if you really want a taste of what we can expect from the next generation of consoles, Ryse towers over the rest.

Source

Oh and You can find the superiority of Crysis 2 mentioned in the same article but I won't highlight it. I leave it to you to find it. :)

Bitch Please....

@slimdogmilionar said:

It really doesn't matter what techniques they use the game looks fun and I can't wait for it to come out so I can play it.

And you deduced with from the (non)gameplay trailer? Good joke.

@Heirren said:

Since when does the technique used in achieving the overall visual, matter?

I was just playing Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD the other day. You know what? The orginal, much lower resolution version, looks much better.

Because when we compare graphics, we compare them technically. That's how we gauge the power of the system or how advance the graphics of the game are.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

In b4 a certain fanbase whose console can't run Call of Duty in 1080p come in and attack this game?

Oh, guess not.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FoxbatAlpha

Cows next hope to knock Ryse off the top for graphics king is already looking to go belly up.

The Order: 1642 is gonna look like Pac-Man once Quantum Break and Halo 5 hit.

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

what a shit thread. and infamous does have shadows.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

In b4 a certain fanbase whose console can't run Call of Duty in 1080p come in and attack this game?

Oh, guess not.

You're too late, son lol.

Also nice Sig :P

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Shewgenja

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Cows next hope to knock Ryse off the top for graphics king is already looking to go belly up.

inFamous already did that with room to spare.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FoxbatAlpha

@Shewgenja said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Infamous deserves recognition, I'll give you that. But king? KING? More like a court gesture or the monkey that is leashed up to the throne. Certainly not king.

Just messing with ya Genjas.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts
@Vecna said:

Yep this exactly. My expectations of these box's dropped substantially when I read the final specifications. It's too bad Sony as a hole isn't doing well, and Microsoft is unsure of whether or not this is a business it wants to stay in. It's lead to both of them releasing relatively week machines in hopes of pulling more of a profit early instead of the old approach of putting out a beast and losing money on it for the first year or so.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

@Wasdie:

Well, knowing the history of Sony, I have a pretty good reason not believe them. Remember the whole 1080p@60FPS lie. Sony has a history of lying to its customers and then degrading their games. I don't want to go into it right now or feel free to create other topic if you want. I can show you how each and every single one of their game got downgraded since advertised. And another reason for me to believe that the MSAA will be cut is because of the terrible framerate the so called gameplay trailer had. (Though only if someone could point me to gameplay in that trailer).

Anyways, you still didn't answer the question, does that make the Order the most technically more advance game to date or do you consider it technically below the level of Crysis 2. I want to know your reasons if you think it has something over Crysis 2. Seriously, I want to know your reasoning, if only one person I could trust his opinion on this forums is you.

P.S. the 900pStation and things like that are not to insult your intelligence. They are there to make cows rage. I love messing with them and besides it's not like it's far from reality.

Which you fail to do and only end your self looking stupid,since only 1 game is 900p on PS4,and that same game bring PC to their knees as well,and considering a R270 which is stronger than the PS4 can't run it at 1080p 60FPS without doing under the PS4 frame wise on high say allot about why the game is 900p.

Funny enough The order is the best looking game on consoles,and have some of the best animation ever seen on gaming including PC..

So basically you are butthurt because you have to spend more on your PC to get the same results the PS4 deliver,and that card will not probably last been supported what the PS4 will..

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

@tormentos said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@Wasdie:

So basically you are butthurt because you have to spend more on your PC to get the same results the PS4 deliver,and that card will not probably last been supported what the PS4 will..

I think this very site proved everyone wrong who saysto get the same results you need to spend more, when they made videos with an AMD and Intel/Nvidia build that was like $515 and played on ultra with anti aliasing, with HBAO at 1080p and never bellow 30fps.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

preorder cancelled.

800p and 30fps....feel the powah of the graphics king

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

1 900p game on PS4...dat hermit logic.

Bu bu The Order 800p...yet it has more pixels then a 900p game....

Dat logic.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

infamous? you mean that game with never ending fog, no shadows and not a single living soul in the city besides the main character?

yeap room to spare lol

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Guess what, non of those crysis games 1,2,3 uses a fully deferred renderer which games like Killzone 2,3 and shadow fall employ. Crysis 1 is forward renderer, Crysis 2 and 3 use deferred lighting or light pre pass which is quite different than a fully defererd one like in BF4 and Killzone. Does that mean Killzone 2 and 3 look better than all those Crysis games? You're such a loser zee it's not funny nemore lol, I mean common sense simply doesn't work with you like how wasdie tried.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Evo_nine said:

@Shewgenja said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

infamous? you mean that game with never ending fog, no shadows and not a single living soul in the city besides the main character?

Always funny when lemmings mouth off without the facts. Which is pretty much all the time.

Cevat Yerli destroyed, lems!

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 zeeshanhaider

@tormentos:

Crapzone: Shadow Fail = subHD MP.

BF4 = 900p.

The Order 800p = 1920 x 800 = 6.7% more pixels than 900p.

Witcher 3 = 900p (Very good chance)

Two games are from the first party and many more to come.

Bitch please......

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Shewgenja

@Evo_nine said:

@Shewgenja said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

yeap room to spare lol

Do a triple jump with Concrete power at the edge of the bay and you can clearly see buildings across the divide. Try harder.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

@tormentos:

Crapzone: Shadow Fail = subHD MP.

BF4 = 900p.

The Order 800p = 1920 x 800 = 6.7% more pixels than 900p.

Witcher 3 = 900p (Very good chance)

Two games are from the first party and many more to come.

Bitch please......

Once 1 game is 900p and you look desperate and stupid..hahahahaaaaa