The Official Titanfall thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#401  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Wasdie said:

It's not like I get killed by the smart pistol often. It's just when it happens it feels really cheap. Even when I'm moving around a lot somebody can easily pick you off with one if they get behind you.

I get annoyed when I get in a gun fight and they can bunny hop long enough to auto lock on and kill me. I definitely had someone kill me with a smart pistol when they had 1% health left.

Although I think I get more frustrated when someone jump kicks me from what seems like 5+ feet away

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#402 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46532 Posts

What is your favourite game type ?

I'm really loving Capture the flag so far. Matches can be very tense !

@PurpleMan5000 said:

The game would be better with no campaign at all. If you want to cut out the single player campaign, well, that kind of sucks, but don't replace it with a multiplayer "campaign" that is nothing more than just playing all the maps on attrition or hardpoint with a brief introduction before the game starts. The game also seems a little bit lacking in variety, but I think that might get addressed when I level up more. I'm almost to level 20 now.

There is more to it than that. but you miss literally all the story in the middle of the game because you are focused on the action, and not on those small screen in the top right.

It's a waste of money and resources really. They should've made a proper SP campaign, because I feel that there is an interesting setting to be found in titanfall.

@Wasdie said:

It's not like I get killed by the smart pistol often. It's just when it happens it feels really cheap. Even when I'm moving around a lot somebody can easily pick you off with one if they get behind you.

I don't mind the smart pistol myself, I've found that they already nerfed it during the beta and after that I'm not bothered.

Except for the fact that the smart pistol can lock on to cloaked pilots. Sure, cloaked pilots can still be seen, but what is the use of cloak when you can just use a smart pistol :s

What I consider a real cheap death is a melee attack from meters away. Insta kill and the pilot doesn't even have to be that close to do it, wtf.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

I'm going to play tonight on the Xbone if anyone wants to join me.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404 lostrib

@R4gn4r0k said:

What is your favourite game type ?

I'm really loving Capture the flag so far. Matches can be very tense !

@PurpleMan5000 said:

The game would be better with no campaign at all. If you want to cut out the single player campaign, well, that kind of sucks, but don't replace it with a multiplayer "campaign" that is nothing more than just playing all the maps on attrition or hardpoint with a brief introduction before the game starts. The game also seems a little bit lacking in variety, but I think that might get addressed when I level up more. I'm almost to level 20 now.

There is more to it than that. but you miss literally all the story in the middle of the game because you are focused on the action, and not on those small screen in the top right.

It's a waste of money and resources really. They should've made a proper SP campaign, because I feel that there is an interesting setting to be found in titanfall.

@Wasdie said:

I don't mind the smart pistol myself, I've found that they already nerfed it during the beta and after that I'm not bothered.

Except for the fact that the smart pistol can lock on to cloaked pilots. Sure, cloaked pilots can still be seen, but what is the use of cloak when you can just use a smart pistol :s

What I consider a real cheap death is a melee attack from meters away. Insta kill and the pilot doesn't even have to be that close to do it, wtf.

The cloak is actually meant for use against Titans. That's why it's easy to see pilots who are cloaked when you're on foot

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#405 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Attrition and Hardpoint are like the only modes I play.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406  Edited By lostrib

@PhazonBlazer said:

Try Pilot hunter

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#407 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@PhazonBlazer said:

Ditto, i'm pretty much on par with you for "it feels a little barebones"

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#408 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@lostrib said:

The cloak is actually meant for use against Titans. That's why it's easy to see pilots who are cloaked when you're on foot

Yup. It makes you a little harder to see, but you become practically invisible against titans.

SO GOOD.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#409 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Wasdie said:

I just laugh because almost always its one of the worst players on their team.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 musicalmac  Moderator

@mems_1224 said:

@Wasdie said:

I just laugh because almost always its one of the worst players on their team.

Then they're using it wrong. I haven't been able to correlate a single weapon to last place yet. Maybe I haven't played enough games.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412  Edited By tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

So, TitanFall flopped. It sold less than freaking KillZone.

Not Only that, PS4 has still been outselling in nearly 2:1 so far in March.

http://www.insiderp.com/titanfall-launch-sales.html

*in their comparative week(s).

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 tyloss

The messsiah came and caused a stir among existing Xbox One owners, but wasn't powerful enough to fend off the PS4 juggernaut. A clever marketing ploy by SONY saw around 200,000 PS4 units shipped globally during Titanfall week. Titanfall did manage to boost Xbox One sales in UK and USA, but outside of those regions, the game had almost no impact on hardware sales. Below is the breakdown of the hardware and software sales across USA and PAL during the week ending March 16,2014.

UK :

Xbox One - 23,000 units

PS4 - 27,000 units

Titanfall Xbox One - 125,000 copies

USA :

Titanfall Xbox One - 480,000 copies

We do not have the final hardware numbers for last week, but based on the near final numbers, we have PS4 and Xbox One being virtually neck and neck, with each console selling over 100,000 units

Rest of Europe / PAL:

PS4 - 80,000 units ( Hardware sales increased 200% over the week ending March 9th, 2014)

Xbox One - 12,000 units

Titanfall Xbox One - ~100,000 units

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416  Edited By mems_1224

@sts106mat said:

just finished a few rounds using the Stryder titan! holy shit that thing is brilliant!!! you can let off a crap load of missiles, blow off your electric smoke, dash round the block and in seconds be on the other side of the enemy.....new favourite class discovered.

My favorite thing to do in one is get my dash boost and go one on one with an ogre with the triple threat and cluster missile. You just have to dash in circles around it and letting everything rip and its funny because the thing is so God damn slow. lol

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417  Edited By tyloss

@sts106mat: don't see how what you just said strips said sites credibility.

Edit: Tormentos couldn't write that good.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 tyloss

@sts106mat: I have no clue, wether it is.

Seems like my prediction may be right, "infamous would outsell TitanFall."

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 mems_1224

@sts106mat said:

@mems_1224 said:

@sts106mat said:

just finished a few rounds using the Stryder titan! holy shit that thing is brilliant!!! you can let off a crap load of missiles, blow off your electric smoke, dash round the block and in seconds be on the other side of the enemy.....new favourite class discovered.

My favorite thing to do in one is get my dash boost and go one on one with an ogre with the triple threat and cluster missile. You just have to dash in circles around it and letting everything rip and its funny because the thing is so God damn slow. lol

now the ogre has been my titan of choice, but i am going to try and use the stryder more. i tried the triple threat with the ogre and found it pretty pants. i like the 40mm to be honest.

The 40mm with extended clip is my favorite Titan weapon but the Triple Threat is great for domination when you need to clear out a building or in really tight quarters. I also like the Arc Cannon

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 musicalmac  Moderator

@sts106mat said:

@tyloss said:

as someone posted before.. the best selling game of march so far....according to amazon ....is the XB1 version of titanfall.

The game is also the most successful retail launch in the UK this year, even beating Fifa 14....which if you aren't from the UK you may not understand the significance of that.

And it beat Dark Souls 2, didn't it?

I also feel like it's important to remind people of 50 Cent's game regarding bragging about sales alone...

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tyloss said:

What's he best any previous Infamous game sold? You really think with a user base of 6m that it'll outsell TF with an infinite PC, 360 and XOne users? It might outsell the XOne version but not overall sales. Don't be such a cow.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 tyloss

@sts106mat: Quite the contrary, despite TitanFall having been free with a price cut on the Xbox One, it was still not outselling Infamous and the PS4 in the UK.

FIFA was a launch game packaged in with the Xbox one, not only was the install base much lower, it was free for a lot of people.

@kingtito: obviously I'm talking about in comparison to the XB1, next time I'll clarify.

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426  Edited By HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

@tyloss said:

@sts106mat: Quite the contrary, despite TitanFall having been free with a price cut on the Xbox One, it was still not outselling Infamous and the PS4 in the UK.

FIFA was a launch game packaged in with the Xbox one, not only was the install base much lower, it was free for a lot of people.

@kingtito: obviously I'm talking about in comparison to the XB1, next time I'll clarify.

Are you still going by Amazon sales? Because if you are then you are wrong...very wrong. In fact Second Son isn't even the best selling PS4 game in March, Ground Zero is. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/2014-03/videogames

And if anyone is curious, here's 2014 year to date for Amazon UK

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427 lostrib

@sts106mat said:

it is definitely really fragile though. Gotta be aware of cover to dash behind

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428 lostrib

Jesus, no more sales wars crap

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@lostrib said:

But it's still somewhat harder to see cloaked players and hit them. You can still see them, it's just harder

not for the smart pistol though. Being cloaked doesn't mean anything for the smart pistol.

I had moments that people were following me and I would jump up and hang myself against the wall, so they didn't know where I was. So Cloak can work just fine against pilots.

Cloak is better against titans, but still useful against pilots.

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 HadOne2Many

@lostrib said:

My bad, just trying clear things up. Lets get back to the game.

Is there a list anywhere of the burn cards and what you can do to earn them?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 lostrib

@HadOne2Many said:

@lostrib said:

My bad, just trying clear things up. Lets get back to the game.

Is there a list anywhere of the burn cards and what you can do to earn them?

Every fanboy/troll has seemed to ignore those Amazon links for march that show titanfall ahead.

list of burn cards and list of challenges:

http://titanfall.gamepedia.com/Burn_Cards

http://titanfall.gamepedia.com/Challenges

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432 musicalmac  Moderator

@R4gn4r0k said:

@lostrib said:

But it's still somewhat harder to see cloaked players and hit them. You can still see them, it's just harder

not for the smart pistol though. Being cloaked doesn't mean anything for the smart pistol.

I had moments that people were following me and I would jump up and hang myself against the wall, so they didn't know where I was. So Cloak can work just fine against pilots.

Cloak is better against titans, but still useful against pilots.

Oh yes it does. Cloaked pilots take longer to lock onto. In fact, if you see you're being targeted by another pilot, if you cloak it'll give you another precious moment to kill him before he kills you. Cloak is a good counter to the smart-pistol if you play in such a manner that you're not always moving from area to area.

That parkour isn't there so you can stand around like you're playing CoD.

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433 HadOne2Many

@lostrib: thanks for the links, reading through it now

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434 R4gn4r0k

@musicalmac said:

Oh yes it does. Cloaked pilots take longer to lock onto. In fact, if you see you're being targeted by another pilot, if you cloak it'll give you another precious moment to kill him before he kills you. Cloak is a good counter to the smart-pistol if you play in such a manner that you're not always moving from area to area.

How do you know when a smart pistol is locking on to you ?

I'm just saying that in Titanfall there is a lot to see on the screen at any time. Even as a pilot it's way easier to see a non-cloaked pilot vs a cloaked pilot. It can give you an edge if you are cloaked.

However, the smart pistol betrays your pressence right away. it locks on to you no matter if you are cloaked or not. So that is what I meant with: "not for the smart pistol though. Being cloaked doesn't mean anything for the smart pistol."

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435 musicalmac  Moderator

@R4gn4r0k said:

@musicalmac said:

How do you know when a smart pistol is locking on to you ?

I'm just saying that in Titanfall there is a lot to see on the screen at any time. Even as a pilot it's way easier to see a non-cloaked pilot vs a cloaked pilot. It can give you an edge if you are cloaked.

However, the smart pistol betrays your pressence right away. it locks on to you no matter if you are cloaked or not. So that is what I meant with: "not for the smart pistol though. Being cloaked doesn't mean anything for the smart pistol."

It takes longer to get all 3 locks if the pilot you're aiming at is cloaked. It absolutely matters. Just because it still locks on (because the cloak ability is more geared towards hiding pilots from titans), doesn't mean it's useless to cloak. It takes longer. It's another countermeasure in an already very balanced game.

It takes a while to lock on, and it's likely that you're going to be dead regardless of whether or not someone is using a smartpistol. If they have enough time to get a full lock, they have more than enough time to shoot you with every other gun in the game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@musicalmac said:

It takes longer to get all 3 locks if the pilot you're aiming at is cloaked. It absolutely matters. Just because it still locks on (because the cloak ability is more geared towards hiding pilots from titans), doesn't mean it's useless to cloak. It takes longer. It's another countermeasure in an already very balanced game.

It takes a while to lock on, and it's likely that you're going to be dead regardless of whether or not someone is using a smartpistol. If they have enough time to get a full lock, they have more than enough time to shoot you with every other gun in the game.

Again, I'm not saying anything against the smart pistol killing you.

I'm saying the smart pistol betrays your presence. You have a higher chance to be spotted while cloaked by someone with a smartpistol than someone carrying any other gun.

TheShensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#437  Edited By TheShensolidus
Member since 2013 • 224 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@musicalmac said:

Again, I'm not saying anything against the smart pistol killing you.

I'm saying the smart pistol betrays your presence. You have a higher chance to be spotted while cloaked by someone with a smartpistol than someone carrying any other gun.

To be fair, cloaked pilots are still partially visible to other pilots. Its only when you are inside of a Titan that a cloaked Pilot will appear completely invisible to you.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 lostrib

Well made it to Gen 2 today

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#439 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Just had an incredible game of Hardpoint on the penultimate campaign mission (where everything goes crazy and the guy blows up the station). Last seconds of the game, enemy team needs one point to win, we capture every hardpoint and hold them for almost a minute to snatch the win. Some guy gets mad and says we're all hacking and to enjoy our bans.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440 lostrib

@bobbetybob said:

Just had an incredible game of Hardpoint on the penultimate campaign mission (where everything goes crazy and the guy blows up the station). Last seconds of the game, enemy team needs one point to win, we capture every hardpoint and hold them for almost a minute to snatch the win. Some guy gets mad and says we're all hacking and to enjoy our bans.

Lol nice

I just had an attrition game where we lost by one point. We were behind and then we got the lead and I thought we were cool. The sad part is I'm pretty sure my Termination (when the enemy titan pulls you out for a kill) is what caused us to lose :(

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I'm at level 20 and I haven't played anything but attrition. Though I did have some amazing rounds at some points, I has video proofs(first round). Haven't had a lot of time to play the game though D:. Plus Dark Souls II is much better :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_3pWdZz_Do

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#442 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
@lostrib said:

@bobbetybob said:

Lol nice

I just had an attrition game where we lost by one point. We were behind and then we got the lead and I thought we were cool. The sad part is I'm pretty sure my Termination (when the enemy titan pulls you out for a kill) is what caused us to lose :(

Dang, I always love when the opposite happens though and you do something bad ass that wins the game for your team.

Also I think I have my favourite Titan setup now; Atlas titan with the Arc Cannon, cluster missile and smoke. That set up seems to have the most all round usefulness, for example the arc cannon does high damage, you can also shred through troops which is awesome in Attrition, it's pretty decent at hitting pilots with and you don't need to reload or zoom.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443 mems_1224

@seanmcloughlin said:

I'm at level 20 and I haven't played anything but attrition. Though I did have some amazing rounds at some points, I has video proofs(first round). Haven't had a lot of time to play the game though D:. Plus Dark Souls II is much better :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_3pWdZz_Do

Attrition is probably my 2nd least favorite mode(CTF kinda blows). I prefer Pilot Hunter.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444 lostrib

Ran into my first hacker yesterday :(

The funny thing was that even with hacks he didn't do that great

Loading Video...

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

@lostrib said:

Loading Video...

One of these days I want someone to report me as a hacker and after investigation it's rule that I'm not hacking; I'm just that damn good. #Virgin4Lyfe

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446 lostrib

@WadeFan said:

@lostrib said:

One of these days I want someone to report me as a hacker and after investigation it's rule that I'm not hacking; I'm just that damn good. #Virgin4Lyfe

lol

Someone called me a hacker during one round, which was funny because I was not doing very well. I think i killed him with the Titan Chaingun

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

@lostrib said:

@WadeFan said:

@lostrib said:

lol

Someone called me a hacker during one round, which was funny because I was not doing very well. I think i killed him with the Titan Chaingun

But for real though, that Chaingun is lethal. I use that thing with extended mags and if you aim for another Titans "red spot" on his head = Game Over.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#448 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

The aim assist for the gamepad on PC is fucking ridiculous.

Why is that even a thing?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449 lostrib

@WadeFan said:

@lostrib said:

@WadeFan said:

@lostrib said:

lol

But for real though, that Chaingun is lethal. I use that thing with extended mags and if you aim for another Titans "red spot" on his head = Game Over.

I actually just figured out the "red spot" criticals recently. I think it was a loading screen tip. Very helpful

But I still think the 40mm is my favorite. And cluster bombs are awesome, especially if a pilot is hiding in a building or on a hard point

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

The aim assist for the gamepad on PC is fucking ridiculous.

Why is that even a thing?

People complained about it before the beta even came out and they didn't fix it