The last of us remastered features 30fps toggle

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@ninjapirate2000 said:

Who the hell would choose 30 fps over 60?? That's ridiculous.

The cows, apparently it's more... cinematic.

@silversix_ said:

Unless your own a 60" tv i don't see the point of playing over 30fps

What? I can't tell if you guys are serious with the stuff you're coming up with.

@Vecna said:

LMAO. Console fanboys are so fucking stupid. You bought into the cinematic bullshit so hard you demanded it from future titles. Lo and behold Sony feeds you your own feces with a smile and you gobble it up. Just lulz!

Agreed. Even the other fanboys aren't that stupid. They love their pretentious buzzwords, Sony tells them their games are more artistic (PS3 PSN games) and cinematic.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet: Do you even 60", bro?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@silversix_ said:

What does the size of the screen have to do with the fluidity of the framerate?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By silversix_

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@silversix_ said:

OMFG.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@silversix_ said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@silversix_ said:

OMFG.

You were making a reference, I thought you were being serious.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 silversix_

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@silversix_ said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@silversix_ said:

OMFG.

oh come on

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 HalcyonScarlet
@silversix_ said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@silversix_ said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@silversix_ said:

OMFG.

oh come on

:-)

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

breakfast

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Well now that the game is out we have the Digital Foundry analysis to go by instead of the PR talk.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-the-last-of-us-remastered

The article is very cherry picker friendly.

"The Last of Us Remastered does spend the vast majority of its time at the optimal refresh."

"Just over 15 minutes of gameplay from The Last of Us Remastered running in 60fps mode, giving a good indication of how well the game holds its lock. Overall - not bad at all."

VS.

"Problems can kick in during busy combat scenes, and just like the PS3 version, particles and transparent effects in particular can take their toll - the first confrontation with a fungus-spewing Bloater sees frame-rate hit a minimum of 48fps."

"but just like the single-player mode, there are dips in the heat of the action. Our lowest reported reading came in an enclosed room with multiplayer games and saw frame-rate dip to the mid-40s,"

And lol at "Update 28/7/14 14:35: Yes, improved shadow quality at 30fps is in the game but only once the day one patch has been applied."

Ripsaw1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#161 Ripsaw1994
Member since 2013 • 196 Posts

@rosko123: Lose it's cinematic feel? More likely the fps drops are pretty rough and they want to pass it off as 60fps still.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By CrownKingArthur

just amazed me how many people were singing the praises, claimed there would be no dippage.

it dips.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 CrownKingArthur
@scottpsfan14 said:
@CrownKingArthur said:

just amazed me how many people were singing the praises, claimed there would be no dippage.

it dips.

To 48fps too!!!!!!!! For a few milliseconds but lets not spoil it ey.

The game plays at 60 most times. But when there are a lot of enemies on screen, it can drop down to 55 or so. And when the spores are released and fills the screen, it goes to 48fps. But I guess the fact is that they said it would be solid, but at the end of the day, it is. When a game stays 60fps most of the game, it can be called solid 60fps.

I dunno, If I argue any more, people will say i'm shilling or whatever. I'm just saying how it is.

i'm playing dead space at the moment with >144 fps output at all times. that's 'no dips'.

some people throughout this thread are guilty of incorrectly predicting it will not dip at all. if they're saying that, then i'm going to be intolerant of a 1 fps dip. partly because that's about as much room as they'd give anyone else, isn't it?

i mean, if we wanted to talk about whether or not the frame rate achieved was acceptable, i'd say it was. but some people here, fanboys, pre-emptively boasted that there would be no dips. now they're wrong :) i'm writing because of those boasters, not because of the final frame rate.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@CrownKingArthur said:
@scottpsfan14 said:
@CrownKingArthur said:

it dips.

To 48fps too!!!!!!!! For a few milliseconds but lets not spoil it ey.

The game plays at 60 most times. But when there are a lot of enemies on screen, it can drop down to 55 or so. And when the spores are released and fills the screen, it goes to 48fps. But I guess the fact is that they said it would be solid, but at the end of the day, it is. When a game stays 60fps most of the game, it can be called solid 60fps.

I dunno, If I argue any more, people will say i'm shilling or whatever. I'm just saying how it is.

i'm playing dead space at the moment with >144 fps output at all times. that's 'no dips'.

some people throughout this thread are guilty of incorrectly predicting it will not dip at all. if they're saying that, then i'm going to be intolerant of a 1 fps dip. partly because that's about as much room as they'd give anyone else, isn't it?

i mean, if we wanted to talk about whether or not the frame rate achieved was acceptable, i'd say it was. but some people here, fanboys, pre-emptively boasted that there would be no dips. now they're wrong :) i'm writing because of those boasters, not because of the final frame rate.

What ever. But they did achieve an average framerate of 60 fps. Just saying.

What rig do you have? To run Dead Space at that speed you would need something more powerful than PS4.

Not a hard feature.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

Well now that the game is out we have the Digital Foundry analysis to go by instead of the PR talk.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-the-last-of-us-remastered

The article is very cherry picker friendly.

"The Last of Us Remastered does spend the vast majority of its time at the optimal refresh."

"Just over 15 minutes of gameplay from The Last of Us Remastered running in 60fps mode, giving a good indication of how well the game holds its lock. Overall - not bad at all."

VS.

"Problems can kick in during busy combat scenes, and just like the PS3 version, particles and transparent effects in particular can take their toll - the first confrontation with a fungus-spewing Bloater sees frame-rate hit a minimum of 48fps."

"but just like the single-player mode, there are dips in the heat of the action. Our lowest reported reading came in an enclosed room with multiplayer games and saw frame-rate dip to the mid-40s,"

And lol at "Update 28/7/14 14:35: Yes, improved shadow quality at 30fps is in the game but only once the day one patch has been applied."

If anything, that's a rushed analysis.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 CrownKingArthur

@scottpsfan14: 7850 with an i5-3470. pretty happy with it for the time being, no plans for a gpu upgrade until about november. dead space 1 renders really quickly. in dead space 1 the 360 controller has a massive deadzone on pc though, so I'm forced to mouse/keyboard #JustPheasantThings

xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

If it was on PC like a real game, you wouldn't have to choose.