SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14829 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: They must be in a sauna.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23998 Posts
@silentchief said:

That's literally every studio within the industry. Some studios can't even make good games with unlimited cash.

Whataboutism and false. There are plenty of game studios who maintain a healthy work life balance and thus retain their employees. ND doesn't, and is bad even for gaming standards.

Mimimi games, Next Level Games, Colossal Order treat their employees pretty well, and mandatory crunch is explicitly illegal in europe. Motion Twin and Future Club are both worker cooperatives. Animal Crossing New Horizon was delayed to avoid crunch.

Loading Video...

There are so many examples of this. And the fact is, Naughty Dog arent who they used to be. The studio is no longer carried by talent, but Sony's deep pockets. So if Sony don't invest big, we are gonna get crap like this PC port.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13116 Posts

@silentchief said:

Best on PS5. Should have never given this to you beggars to begin with. Hopefully Jim Ryan hits the streets after MS acquires Activision. He's been trash for Playstation.

We need Shawn Layden back.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44574 Posts

@kvallyx: Nah, we need Kevin Butler back.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 KvallyX

@Archangel3371 said:

@kvallyx: Nah, we need Kevin Butler back.

Yes!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 23012 Posts

I think it needs to be discussed that it's possible Sony purposefully tanked the pc release to encourage people to buy a PS5.... I feel it's only fair to assume that since Sony brought it up about cod.... Something feels off.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11706 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I think it needs to be discussed that it's possible Sony purposefully tanked the pc release to encourage people to buy a PS5.... I feel it's only fair to assume that since Sony brought it up about cod.... Something feels off.

Wouldn't put it past them.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 KvallyX

Digital Foundry themselves confirmed this in last week's DF direct. Developers from Iron Galaxy themselves said that they didn't do the development. There were quotes flying around the day of the launch. Steam page was updated to remove Iron Galaxy from the last of us store page even though they are still credited on the Uncharted store page which was their port.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56435 Posts

(I'm just gonna copy/paste what I've said in that other LOU thread regarding the PC issue)

If any PC gamers still having trouble with the game, this guy's settings should help, and while I'm more raw with the upscale on FSR2 performance but his settings are working great for my PC as I only game in 1440p. Hope this helps everyone: (1080p & 1440p only)

Edit: I'm so glad I upgraded my Ram from 16GB to 32GB as its a huge difference and I'm not talking minor, a huge difference. TLOU is heavy on the Ram side.

Loading Video...

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 KvallyX

@davillain said:

(I'm just gonna copy/paste what I've said in that other LOU thread regarding the PC issue)

If any PC gamers still having trouble with the game, this guy's settings should help, and while I'm more raw with the upscale on FSR2 performance but his settings are working great for my PC as I only game in 1440p. Hope this helps everyone: (1080p & 1440p only)

Edit: I'm so glad I upgraded my Ram from 16GB to 32GB as its a huge difference and I'm not talking minor, a huge difference. TLOU is heavy on the Ram side.

I would have gone with 128gb of RAM minimum.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

Not in any rush to play it. WIll be waiting until the port is patched and all performance issues resolved.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23998 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:

I may not care much about graphics. There are plenty of mobile phone games whose visuals don't bother in the slightest.

But when graphics are clearly glitching out. Then I *do* take issue. These glitchy graphics... are appalling.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

@Maroxad said:

I may not care much about graphics. There are plenty of mobile phone games whose visuals don't bother in the slightest.

But when graphics are clearly glitching out. Then I *do* take issue. These glitchy graphics... are appalling.

Yeah, i'm fine with a whole variety of graphics and styles, but I agree this is appalling. There's also the cutscene where they're inside and Marlene is handing Ellie to Joel, and they randomly just get wet as if they're out in the rain.

If I buy, it's gonna be once fixed and with a sizable discount.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Question is: why port it in the first place?

Could be they had a nice plan of porting it, then they saw Returnal and Sackboy numbers disappoint and they called Naughty Dog up and said to dedicate less resources to the PC version. LIke two coders tops.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11271 Posts

Naughty Dog: We put our very best testers on this port

The Tester:

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#117 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44694 Posts

I've now seen reporting that Iron Galaxy had less of a hand in the development of this port than originally thought.

I think it probably deserves some recognition if Naughty Dog did indeed do most of this port's development, that this also comes not too long after their work on the PC port of Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection.

And, it also says to me that these two ports happening in such short succession illustrates a possible breaking point in the studio's ability to juggle multiple projects.

I would be very curious too whether Naughty Dog has any new releases in the immediate future given they've been weighed down with remakes/remasters.

Everyone thinks of Naughty Dog as a talented developer, not arguing that they aren't, but it just further goes to show what an overburdened developer isn't going to be able to deliver the level of quality people expect of them.

I think Sony too may want to reevaluate their plans to stagger their non-live service games to PC because this just seems to slow down their studios in overall game output. They should certainly keep at PC development, but maybe instead shoot for more simultaneous releases so they can move onto new projects quicker, not have their talent bogged down with staggered ports that aren't given the attention they deserve.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 23012 Posts

Will maybe purchase after several patches and when it hits a more appropriate price of 9.99 or under. I've given them enough money for this game. If I want it again I'll get it years from now when it's been finished being made.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 R4gn4r0k

So this game uses insane amounts of RAM and insane amounts of cores

But does nothing to justify that requirement. Here we are just staring at a blank wall in a tiny, walled off level. It's not rendering vast landscapes, it's not rendering NPC schedules, it's not doing much of anything really.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7718 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

But does nothing to justify that requirement. Here we are just staring at a blank wall in a tiny, walled off level. It's not rendering vast landscapes, it's not rendering NPC schedules, it's not doing much of anything really.

the shader cache building on background can run 20mins+

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 R4gn4r0k

@howmakewood said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

All the shader cache building does is make the experience right after it slightly less subpar.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7718 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@howmakewood said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

All the shader cache building does is make the experience right after it slightly less subpar.

and once its done you're slightly less cpu throttled

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 R4gn4r0k

@howmakewood said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@howmakewood said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

and once its done you're slightly less cpu throttled

I'm just gonna roll with the PS4 version which looks ever so slightly worse.

Uncharted barely hits the CPU, yet this game hits the CPU like a stress test.

Not talking about shader compilation, talking about during gameplay. Does this game include a miner? Malicious spyware? Could someone investigate the servers this game is connecting to with data collection? How is it possible for something with limited things on screen to use a CPU like this? This game is basically a corridor shooter.

Seriously what the **** is this??

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56435 Posts

@Juub1990: Just thought I'd update you and everyone else that TLOU reviews are now mixed and no longer in the red danger zone now that the latest patch has really helped the game itself:

Buuut this doesn't change the fact this is the lowest user score coming from Sony's top-exclusive game but the good news is that it's going up at the time of posting this.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#125 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

And gaming media just overlooks this. Hilarious 🤣

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#126  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59377 Posts
@cainetao11 said:

And gaming media just overlooks this. Hilarious 🤣

Wouldn't be the first time.

Horrendous on PC, not even alpha quality at launch.

Like a bad emulator. 720p max if I recall correctly.

Gamespot (among others) scored both of these a 9+ and lauded them. Ignoring reality as a mere wrist tap because hype-hype-hype.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#127 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39821 Posts

wow its THIS bad?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 R4gn4r0k
Loading Video...

Thankfully I already played the game and the memes are just delicious.