Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10535 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@girlusocrazy said:

The best part is they can do benchmarks before, during, and after changing IRQs and loading himem.sys into the registry via commandline syntax parameters.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

@gifford38:

Who mentioned this port 🤣Playground and the coalition are better Devs than naughty dog Every day.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts

@kvallyx:

lololol... Great use of that gif for the occasion. ;)

You trying to beat me at my own game? lolol :P

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@gns said:

For me, personally, what I don't get is this shader compilation business every time I launch a game. Like, what the **** is this?

Shaders need to be compiled for every game using DX12. If the shaders aren't compiled before starting the game, they'll compile while you're playing and this will result in significant stutters, undermining your experience.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7716 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@simple-facts said:

One day naughy dog might be as good as playground and the coalition.

But not today

yet naughty dog did not do the pc port. ouch that hurt next time find simple facts before posting. it was Nexxis a company sony bought to do pc ports.

but Nixxes didn't make this port, Sony outsourced it to Iron Galaxy

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46561 Posts

Sony is hiring the likes of Iron Galaxy and Virtuous to do their ports 🤣

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@howmakewood said:
@gifford38 said:
@simple-facts said:

But not today

yet naughty dog did not do the pc port. ouch that hurt next time find simple facts before posting. it was Nexxis a company sony bought to do pc ports.

but Nixxes didn't make this port, Sony outsourced it to Iron Galaxy

Actually, the port was done internally by Naughty Dog with the assistance of Iron Galaxy.

They state the following on their blog in regard to TLOU Part 1 on PC:

As we began development in-house, we wanted PC players to experience an amazing story that truly lasts the test of time while maintaining the equally high-quality bar across both PC and PlayStation consoles.

So yeah, it's been done internally. Nixxes has nothing to do with this port. Rumor has it that they're working on the Rift Apart PC port.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13086 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@gns said:

For me, personally, what I don't get is this shader compilation business every time I launch a game. Like, what the **** is this?

Shaders need to be compiled for every game using DX12. If the shaders aren't compiled before starting the game, they'll compile while you're playing and this will result in significant stutters, undermining your experience.

@girlusocrazy said:
@kvallyx said:

Don't worry, they give lessons in herm-speak

^and this folks is why I game on console. F U C K P C.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11697 Posts

Another Sony failure.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17687 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@MirkoS77 said:

“Mostly Negative”?

Not anymore, now it’s negative. Yeah, torn to shreds alright. Good. The recommended specs for Ultra is RIDICULOUS for such an old game (4090), which rules out like 90% of the market, and is nothing but evidence of a lazy, half-assed port thrown together by a lazy, half-assed third tier developer. Deserves to get hammered, as this is nothing but laziness.

I was going to buy this, but no way now. Gracias, Steam reviews. 🙏🏼 Will check back in six months, as that’s what it sounds like it will take to fix this train wreck.

its not a old game anymore. stop acting like its the ps3 version. its a remake for the ps5.

it happen when you design a game around one console and not pc/xbox/ps5/nin.

A fair point, but no, it happens when you’re a lazy developer doing a half-assed port of it.

There is no reason whatsoever why this should need a top of the line PC to run it well when the PS5 can, as a PS5, while powerful, is easily bested by what they’re recommending.

Nexxis didn’t port it, btw.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#63 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44655 Posts

Thank you Sony! 😋

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13086 Posts

Thank you Jim!

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

This. The game Rockacity City which has that Hollywood cast isn't doing so hot either, but since it's exclusively on Epic, customers can't make a fair judgement based on honest consumer reviews, as Epic lacks such a system.

Same thing with Settlers really: only a couple of days after it had gone up for sale, was I able to get a fair assessment of the game through professional and amateur reviewers on Metacritic.

And to think, some clowns online were calling EGS' lack of user reviews a positive. 😂

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8505 Posts

Wait, are you telling me ND isn't a technical wizard that cows made them out to be?

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 918 Posts

Not calling out Naughty Dog specifically but I get such a chuckle everytime a game launches in a bad state and the dev/publisher tweets out "we have heard your complaints and are looking into it"

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#69 GNS
Member since 2015 • 924 Posts

@Juub1990: So, all DX12 games do this? Because Hogwarts was the first game I encountered that compiles shaders every time you launch it. I vaguely remember Detroit doing this, but that once - once they were compiled, they were compiled, they were not being recompiled on every launch!

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1048 Posts

A week or so ago the almighty Neil Cuckmann himself said he didn’t care what people had to say about the franchise. He doesn’t care that the PC version is busted. Buy it or don’t. As long as he gets his vision out that’s all that matters to him.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 lamprey263

I read earlier that Iron Galaxy has a hand in this port. Not sure their total contribution, but given they had a hand in the disastrous PC release of Arkham Knight several years back, which was famously blasted for how awful that was, it's a real head-scratcher why they'd have any part in this.

Anyhow, this port has been oh so very entertaining to see covered on Twitter today...

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1482 Posts

One day they'll be a time when releasing broken games isn't a common, accepted practice.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

@moistcarrot said:

One day they'll be a time when releasing broken games isn't a common, accepted practice.

Unfortunately that day is most likely in the past.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts

Yeah, they also made their requirements insanely low for some reason. An RX 470 is required, but they should really have made this like a 5600 xt or something. I'm seeing people bitching about performance on their old ass video cards that are 3 years older than a PS5 even, for a technically PS5 era game.

To be fair, the ones that have their whole rigs shutting down are probably overheating with their garbage cooling.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 InEMplease

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Yeah, they also made their requirements insanely low for some reason. An RX 470 is required, but they should really have made this like a 5600 xt or something. I'm seeing people bitching about performance on their old ass video cards that are 3 years older than a PS5 even, for a technically PS5 era game.

To be fair, the ones that have their whole rigs shutting down are probably overheating with their garbage cooling.

A sudden computer shutdown can be the power supply overheating, but that's usually from a faulty or dying power supply.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts

@InEMplease said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

A sudden computer shutdown can be the power supply overheating, but that's usually from a faulty or dying power supply.

I doubt it was power supply. If anything, it was probably their CPU reaching 100C and ancient PCs had less in the way of safeguards when they reached high enough temp--it would shut off instead of throttling down the speed.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 InEMplease

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@InEMplease said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

I doubt it was power supply. If anything, it was probably their CPU reaching 100C and ancient PCs had less in the way of safeguards when they reached high enough temp--it would shut off instead of throttling down the speed.

Also possible. Older cpus would definitely get bent over by this current port.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 lamprey263

If the game is truly plagued by memory leak issues, wouldn't that guarantee issues regardless of how pimped out someone's PC is? Seems they also released an immediate patch but even that is creating even bigger problems I am hearing.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By lamprey263

Judging from Steam forums, the game utilizes 100% of the CPU to cache the shaders, and it takes sooo long, if the user is in the game menus with an uncapped framerate then the game is also fully utilizing 100% the GPU cores, the heat is then taxing cooling units, and the power draw of all that is heavily taxing on the entire system, and their sockets.

Dear lord I never imaged a single game might be the cause of numerous people having their hardware bricked but damn that would be a catastrophe and PR nightmare if it ever got that bad.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7039 Posts

Best on PS5. Should have never given this to you beggars to begin with. Hopefully Jim Ryan hits the streets after MS acquires Activision. He's been trash for Playstation.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 InEMplease

@lamprey263 said:

Judging from Steam forums, the game utilizes 100% of the CPU to cache the shaders, and it takes sooo long, if the user is in the game menus with an uncapped framerate then the game is also fully utilizing 100% the GPU cores, the heat is then taxing cooling units, and the power draw of all that is heavily taxing on the entire system, and their sockets.

Dear lord I never imaged a single game might be the cause of numerous people having their hardware bricked but damn that would be a catastrophe and PR nightmare if it ever got that bad.

It really goes beyond incompetency . Iron Galaxy should not be in business.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Silentchief

@pc_rocks said:

Wait, are you telling me ND isn't a technical wizard that cows made them out to be?

They didn't make the port, "Iron Galaxy" did.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Silentchief

@gifford38 said:
@simple-facts said:

But not today

It was actually "Iron Galaxy " that handled the port.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 lamprey263

@silentchief: "It was actually "Iron Galaxy " that handled the port."

I don't think passing blame to a developer whose only claim to fame was doing years ago what's happening now. Whoever made that call deserves probably more blame than Iron Galaxy does.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Silentchief

@lamprey263 said:

@silentchief: "It was actually "Iron Galaxy " that handled the port."

I don't think passing blame to a developer whose only claim to fame was doing years ago what's happening now. Whoever made that call deserves probably more blame than Iron Galaxy does.

They have several claims to fame including "Killer Instinct" on Xbox . But regardless you can't blame ND for this.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 lamprey263

@silentchief: technically they handled Killer Instict's season 2 & 3 expansion content, Double Helix developed the main game.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Fedor

Imagine fucking up as bad as ND.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7716 Posts

Apparently ND did most of the port work and Iron Galaxy provided some assistance

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#89 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70239 Posts

@silentchief said:

Naughty Dog is credited for the development of the PC game and Iron Galaxy for assisting.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 R4gn4r0k  Online

I saved a lot of money this week, TLOU and the new Forza Horizon expansion are crap.

Meanwhile I'm enjoying RE 4 remake tremendously, and it wasn't that expensive and doesn't have parts of the game locked behind shady microtransactions.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#91 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34745 Posts

Maybe Naugthy Dog should stay developing for weaker hardware, or lend the port jobs to someone who knows wtf they're doing.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23980 Posts

Naughty Dog is not hte same Naughty Dog of the past. Virtually everyone has quit, all they have going left is Sony money. If Sony doesnt provide its big cash, they are now really... mediocre,

Loading Video...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By R4gn4r0k  Online
@howmakewood said:

Apparently ND did most of the port work and Iron Galaxy provided some assistance

The Iron Galaxy port for UC4 was actually great and ran on a number of different hardware configs. It could scale up, as well as down.

I'm sure ND tried a hand in this themselves, got stuck or something, then shifted the development to Iron Galaxy and gave them like a month to push it out.

What a mess of a development cycle this one had, whatever the case.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#94 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41574 Posts

*grabs bowl of popcorn*

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Silentchief

@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

Naughty Dog is credited for the development of the PC game and Iron Galaxy for assisting.

That's because they made the original. They have most the team on the multiplayer project and another team on an unannounced title.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Silentchief

@Maroxad said:

Naughty Dog is not hte same Naughty Dog of the past. Virtually everyone has quit, all they have going left is Sony money. If Sony doesnt provide its big cash, they are now really... mediocre,

Loading Video...

That's literally every studio within the industry. Some studios can't even make good games with unlimited cash.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Silentchief
@Litchie said:

Maybe Naugthy Dog should stay developing for weaker hardware, or lend the port jobs to someone who knows wtf they're doing.

I'd say Sony just just stop porting exclusives all together.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11256 Posts

The **** is going on with this port? Fuckers just start getting moist out of the blue 🤣

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Fedor

As we began development in-house, we wanted PC players to experience an amazing story that truly lasts the test of time while maintaining the equally high-quality bar across both PC and PlayStation consoles.

Stop trying to scapegoat Iron galaxy, ND is the one who failed.