The Japanese Gaming Industry Picks Its Game of the Year... Splatoon!

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@soulitane: No your just the dumbass throwing the tantrum because I think it's laughable splatoon won Goty.

I could care less who the Japanese vote for GotY they will never return to what they use to be and I already accepted that.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@soulitane: No your just the dumbass throwing the tantrum because I think it's laughable splatoon won Goty.

I could care less who the Japanese vote for GotY they will never return to what they use to be and I already accepted that.

Again, please do show me where I've thrown a tantrum. I've just called your whole argument stupid, which it is.

You seem to be getting quite upset right now.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By AM-Gamer

@soulitane: lol I'm not upset at all I didn't reply to someone's comments starting personal insults.

I think it's sad that the Japanese devs think Splatoon is the best product they created. Simple as that.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Nice! Nintendo is still the king of Japan

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 soulitane

@AM-Gamer said:

@soulitane: lol I'm not upset at all I didn't reply to someone's comments starting personal insults.

What can I say? I see a stupid post and I call it exactly that. Anyway, you're starting to bore me now. Enjoy having a cry that people have a different opinion to yours.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@AM-Gamer said:

I could care less who the Japanese vote for GotY

So you do care.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 AM-Gamer

@soulitane: No its called a tantrum, you were offended by my opinion and had to throw insults as simple as that.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#108 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@soulitane: No its called a tantrum, you were offended by my opinion and had to throw insults as simple as that.

I think he was more offended by your stupidity.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 soulitane

@AM-Gamer: :O You know my mind better than me. That 136 IQ is not going to waste I see! Keep up the good work champ.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 soulitane

@GreySeal9 said:
@AM-Gamer said:

I think he was more offended by your stupidity.

Pretty much. Getting a reaction is always nice. Wasn't much work though =p

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By GreySeal9

@soulitane said:

@AM-Gamer: :O You know my mind better than me. That 36 IQ is not going to waste I see! Keep up the good work champ.

Fixed.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 AM-Gamer

@GreySeal9: Because thinking Splatoon doesn't deserve GotY somehow reflects on ones IQ.

Like I said stick to home school.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By AM-Gamer

@soulitane: lol I imagine you as a fat kid with a Pokemon shirt wiping your tears as you type.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 GreySeal9

@AM-Gamer said:

@GreySeal9: Because thinking Splatoon doesn't deserve GotY somehow reflects on ones IQ.

Like I said stick to home school.

If you seriously think that you thinking Splatoon doesn't deserve GOTY is the reason you're being called stupid, you severely lack any capacity for self-reflection.

Also, you're the one that embarrassingly posted your "IQ" out of insecurity. Don't get salty when people have fun with that.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 AM-Gamer

@GreySeal9: I'm not salty I'm just telling you don't teach you yourself said you had problems putting things into words. It's not for you.

And I simply said Splatoon winning GotY was pitiful and insults came pooring in.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 soulitane

@AM-Gamer said:

@soulitane: lol I imagine you as a fat kid with a Pokemon shirt wiping your tears as you type.

Now you're fantasising about little children? That's just sick man. You need to get some help.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 GreySeal9

@AM-Gamer said:

@GreySeal9: I'm not salty I'm just telling you don't teach you yourself said you had problems putting things into words. It's not for you.

And I simply said Splatoon winning GotY was pitiful and insults came pooring in.

Wow. Your reading comprehension is abysmal. I said that there are people who can explain certain things better than I can. I didn't say that I had trouble putting things into words. One would think that you could use your alleged IQ to practice some basic reading comprehension.

You did not simply say that Splatoon winning was pitiful. Your reasoning and arguments were intensely idiotic. If you post idiocy, you should expect to be called out for it.

And yes, you are very very salty. Saltiness is the reason you posted your alleged IQ in the first place. You don't like being called stupid. But if you don't want to be called stupid, you should conduct yourself differently instead of crying about insults.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 AM-Gamer

@soulitane: If you call that a fantasy that's disturbing.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 AM-Gamer

@GreySeal9: No you were simply to lazy , to stupid or a mix of both to answer my question so you posted a link to do the talking for you and I called you out on it.

And no my reasoning wasn't idiotic it was an opionion. I thought there were better games even from Japan that deserved the reward. Especially over a cutsie MP shooter with no communication options.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By GreySeal9

@AM-Gamer said:

@GreySeal9: No you were simply to lazy , to stupid or a mix of both to answer my question so you posted a link to do the talking for you and I called you out on it.

And no my reasoning wasn't idiotic it was an opionion. I thought there were better games even from Japan that deserved the reward. Especially over a cutsie MP shooter with no communication options.

Nope. You "called me out" to ignore reading the review because your question wasn't actually genuine. If you truly were interested in what Splatoon does well from a gameplay perspective, you would have checked out the review. And if I had posted my own words, you would have found some way to ignore that as well.

If you had simply said that there were better games that deserved the award, nobody would have said anything. After all, other people didn't get insulted for expressing that opinion in this thread. No, your reasoning was contingent on your opinion of the game's art style, which is beyond idiotic, and you claimed that the game was low effort and made unsubstantiated remarks about the game's budget, while never actually talking about the gameplay. It's clear that you haven't played the game and have no idea what you're talking about.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 soulitane

@AM-Gamer said:

Nah, it's really just amusing because your reading comprehension sucks. I said I didn't think Splatoon was better than The Witcher 3 and yet here you are for whatever reason thinking I'm in love with Nintendo. I can recommend you some good children's books if you need help reading in the future, just let me know.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 GreySeal9

@soulitane said:
@AM-Gamer said:

Nah, it's really just amusing because your reading comprehension sucks. I said I didn't think Splatoon was better than The Witcher 3 and yet here you are for whatever reason thinking I'm in love with Nintendo. I can recommend you some good children's books if you need help reading in the future, just let me know.

I think this might be helpful for him.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 AM-Gamer

@GreySeal9: Except I have played the game so again you throw a worthless accusation to back up your statement which isn't true. Yes I actually own a Wii U.

My thoughts on the game? It has unique gameplay elements, yes it is actually fun.(I never actually said it was a bad game.). I simply stated the visual style is lazy as hell and takes low effort. That's not a bullshit claim that's one I made based on my time in graphic design and the visual style of that game could be handled by a 1st grader. Does that mean the game doesn't have solid mechanics? No. Does it mean it doesn't play well? No. Does it mean the premise and unique ways you react to the environment isn't cleaver and entertaining? Absolutely not. My point is I thought the lazy visual design( which is something that matters to me) is a valid criticism coupled with the fact that it's a team shooter with piss poor communication.

Use common sense before you rabbidly jump on someone.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 AM-Gamer

@GreySeal9: You could order one yourself.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By GreySeal9

@AM-Gamer said:

@GreySeal9: Except I have played the game so again you throw a worthless accusation to back up your statement which isn't true. Yes I actually own a Wii U.

My thoughts on the game? It has unique gameplay elements, yes it is actually fun.(I never actually said it was a bad game.). I simply stated the visual style is lazy as hell and takes low effort. That's not a bullshit claim that's one I made based on my time in graphic design and the visual style of that game could be handled by a 1st grader. Does that mean the game doesn't have solid mechanics? No. Does it mean it doesn't play well? No. Does it mean the premise and unique ways you react to the environment isn't cleaver and entertaining? Absolutely not. My point is I thought the lazy visual design( which is something that matters to me) is a valid criticism coupled with the fact that it's a team shooter with piss poor communication.

Use common sense before you rabbidly jump on someone.

Haha. Nice backpeddling but you stated that the game overall showed low effort based on your dislike of the art style.

And no, the art style does not show low effort. You just don't care for it, which is fine. But the idea that the visual style could be handled by a first grader is all kinds of stupid. Trying to construe your aesthetic distaste for the game's visuals as laziness on the developer's part is ridiculous.

The only legit argument you had was the lack of communication in the game.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By AM-Gamer

@soulitane: Oh Lord you really not only lack reading comprehension but common sense as well. This has nothing to do with TW3 being better then Splatoon. Almost anyone on SW will agree with that. It's more to do with how a once great gaming industry has fallen. How after producing some of the best games they have in years nobody in there own country cares.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By soulitane

@AM-Gamer said:

@soulitane: Oh Lord you really not only lack reading comprehension but common sense as well. This has nothing to do with TW3 being better then Splatoon. Almost anyone on SW will agree with that. It's more to do with how a once great gaming industry has fallen. How after producing some of the best games they have in years nobody in there own country cares.

and with that, you didn't even understand my post. Try and think a little, it might hurt you at first but you'll get there.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By AM-Gamer

@soulitane: There's nothing to understand you're just trolling. I think you're pathetic not necessarily obsessed with Nintendo just a fat troll. It could be a WoW shirt for all I know.

The fact is you don't even understand the reason for the argument so theres no point in explaining it to you. " Buh buh your opinion is teh stupid"

Move along

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 soulitane

@AM-Gamer said:

@soulitane: There's nothing to understand your just trolling. I think your pathetic not necessarily obsessed with Nintendo just a fat troll. It could be a WoW shirt for all I know.

The fact is you don't even understand the reason for the argument so theres no point in explaining it to you. " Buh buh your opinion is teh stupid"

Move along

You're *

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By AM-Gamer

@GreySeal9: That reading comprehension book you keep spamming would do you well. I didn't say it was low effort only because of the visual style. I named the visual style as one of the examples coupled with the fact it doesn't even have a decent communication system. As for the visual style being done by a first grader yes that is system wars hyperbole but it is a fact it's very simple to achieve those visuals. Technically and artistically it wouldn't require much time.

I'm going to leave you with the reasoning why it bothers me in the first place so you can understand the reason I'm arguing about this issue. Japan has been in a constant decline in its gaming industry for years. Part of this is they fail to produce products that resonate with the rest of the world. This has much to do with the fact they have gravitated toward mobile gaming and produce titles that can run on mobile devices with no issues. Simple art styles and gameplay has become the norm. Outside of Nintendo few are capable of producing software that has the rest of the world interested. Sony even made Japan it's last priority in an attempt to gain favor with the rest of the world and it worked. They knew making hardware that would satisfy Japanese gamers would doom them everywhere else. In a time when everyone has criticized Japan for being irrelevant they have produced two of the best games in the past five years in Bloodborne and MGSV. That's not only my opinion but one shared by many devs and journalists in the west. It looked like a return to form for the Japanese gaming industry. And what do the Japanese think about these great products they produce? Well they don't really give a shit.

The country that produced consistently amazing games for its time has lost there way. Castlevania, Contra, Actraiser,Metroid, MegaMan, Kid Icarus I can go on and on. They produced games that set the standard for there respective genres from visuals to atmosphere. These games not only appealed to the Japanese but the entire world. And now none of it matters I wonder why games like these no longer get made and it's because the Japanese are content with bobble head graphics with kitten ears and simple gameplay. It just doesn't matter to them anymore and it's depressing. Splatoon winning GotY just proves that. Yes it's fun and creative but they don't care about anything past that. The passion they had before doesn't seem to exist. You ever have any interest in a new Castlevania or Megaman? Could you imagine what could be done with those series in this day and age? Well it appears imagining is all that will ever happen. Because whenever they produce something that is top tier it's given a big ..."meh".

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 AM-Gamer

@soulitane: ohhh you . The predictive text on my phone finally gave you some material.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#132 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@soulitane: @AM-Gamer : guys guys. Thats enough now.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#133  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19552 Posts

This topic easily rivals Is turn-based combat really dead? for Thread of the Year...

Regardless of what we may think of AM-Gamer, he deserves a "Special" award for making this thread an entertaining read.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#134 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19552 Posts

Anyway, the top 5 picks are all solid picks. All of those top 5 are GOTY worthy. And they mirror the top 5 picks of many Western gamers/developers/critics. There's nothing to complain about.