The Japanese Gaming Industry Picks Its Game of the Year... Splatoon!

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shrek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Shrek
Member since 2015 • 387 Posts

@charizard1605: So you don't have a case. You seriously saying that the Japanese game industry is not in decline because your list of "top dog" games all selling under 2 million. And then "honourable meantions" like a kickstarter game of a failed series and a niche game that has been in Sony development limbo for 10 whole years because Killzone, Little Big Planet, and God of War are and have been of much higher priority. The only note-worthy game you mentioned was Metal Gear Solid. You don't even know what a recession is. I'll remember not to take your seriously in the future.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#52 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@shrek: lol, sure, you do that.

Meanwhile, I'll laugh because I realized the only Japanese game you were willing to accept and acknowledge was the one that was most alike to western games.

P.S.- Bloodborne, Splatoon, and Mario Maker all sold over 2 million copies each, and they achieved it on one platform alone. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate sold over 5 million worldwide.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#53 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14496 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@Basinboy said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Basinboy said:

Some hardstyle Nintendo dick-riding going on by picking Splatoon (and Super Mario Maker tying for second with Bloodborne). But it's the Japanese gaming press and such is expected, especially in a period when the Japanese development scene is struggling to adapt with current market conditions and Nintendo is one of the few companies who manages to operate successfully while catering to Japanese sensibilities.

• This is the Japanese gaming industry comprised of Japanese developers, not the Japanese gaming press
  • As someone who has played Splatoon, The Witcher, Bloodborne, Fallout, and just about most other big games of the year, Splatoon is a game that I have legitimately no issues with winning the title- personal preferences aside, it is as eligible to win something like this as those other games are
  • I'm not quite sure why Super Mario Maker, a game that scored high everywhere (it is as highly rated on this site as Bloodborne, and ranked just one place below Bloodborne in Gamespot's own list), as high as Bloodborne, tying with Bloodborne is such an issue causing disbelief in this case

My mistake about it being developers and not the press. But I still am unable to refrain from scrutinizing their selection, given the context and the nature of the game. Perhaps it's an indication of how incompatible Japan and Japanese developers' sensibilities are with my own and, perhaps more generally, with Western gamers. To analogize, imagine Titanfall (or Destiny, even) being crowned as the best game by Western devs, in spite of the shortcomings of both of those games. While great and worthy of being lauded, it is a mistake to reward such games as being the singularly superior game experience of the year, in light of the fact that other games objectively realized their creative pursuit more fully and satisfactorily. Perhaps I'm getting philosophical again and simply questioning the entire practice of GOTY commemoration absent objective criteria and have difficulty getting past some of the asinine practices employed by Nintendo in both SMM and Splatoon.

I simply fail to believe that it's pure coincidence that Japanese developers voted for a game with strong Japanese sensibilities in spite of the fact that it objectively does not offer a level of variety or dearth of content that other games released do. Naturally, it all comes back to what one expects from a game and your subjective experience playing such. Overriding subjective preference with objective criteria just doesn't happen in these sorts of things, especially while the data available in this thread indicates the selections were made based on a cursory, passing level of interest.

But two of the top five games are western in those lists. In fact, the top five pretty much resembles exactly the Top Five on lists we have had from western media and outlets.

And that's just the thing- maybe not Gamespot, but a lot of western media did award Titanfall or Destiny with Game of the Year last year. A lot are giving it to Battlefront this year. This poll is just one poll in Japan, using it to draw inferences about the entire country's opinion or mindset as a whole (or at any rate, that subset of the country that is involved with games) seems fallacious to me.

Out of curiosity, I went and looked and found about 10 or so outlets who awarded Destiny GOTY and only one who awarded Titanfall GOTY (the Destiny page was hosted by Activision and was pretty liberal about acknowledging awards, such as Metro UK's Benjamin Abbott - the one for Titanfall was PC gamer :P). But your point is noted: I am being overly bothered with a singular outlet that awarded a GOTY to Splatoon.

I also disagree about awarding Battlefront GOTY on the same grounds. It appears precarious when an outlet does so, but it is what it is.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#54 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14900 Posts

The director of FFXV picked The Witcher 3.

The Witcher 3 could be a good model for JRPGs to follow.

Shrek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Shrek
Member since 2015 • 387 Posts

@charizard1605: That's so cool. Bloodborne managed to push a hair past the 2 million mark. You must be so proud. I guess there really isn't a recession.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@shrek: I am! This is what I've spent my entire life working up towards, this random acknowledgement for games from a country I have nothing to do with, from a random poster on a random forum is literally it as far as my life and happiness goes.

Thank you! You have made my day.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Decent pick. Predictably not a single X1 game, though.

Why would they when most western devs/websites didn't pick a single x1 game either.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#59 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19552 Posts

I just noticed that FFVII Remake and The Last Guardian received a nomination each, even though they haven't been released. I was wondering who was the troll that voted those two... And it turns out to be Yu Suzuki.

fugwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 fugwit
Member since 2006 • 494 Posts

can't wait for splatwon

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Look at the amount of votes lol Japan gaming will die sooner than PC gaming. WOW!

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Well deserved

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Dead japanese gaming market

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@charizard1605:

1. Splatoon has over 3x the votes as Witcher 3... Let that sink in for a minute and tell me that's not pitiful.

2. I'm ok with MGSV and Bloodborne winning because they didn't hire a 1st grade class for there art team and they are both great game's.

3. Xenosaga I'd be ok with Mario maker not so much.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

For a dead system, wiiU games sure seem to get people's panties in a twist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@AM-Gamer: So basically what I get from this post is... you think Splatoon isn't worthy of winning because you don't like the art? Well alright then.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#67  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@AM-Gamer: So basically what I get from this post is... you think Splatoon isn't worthy of winning because you don't like the art? Well alright then.

He is a fool. I mean, it's fine for him not to want to play Splatoon because the art style doesn't appeal to him, but to disparage other people's choices and to judge the entire game on art style is ridiculous.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 AM-Gamer

@GreySeal9: I'm a fool yet you think low budget, low effort should win Goty. If someone likes Splatoon that's fine it's a fun title but it's not Goty worthy and that's something you imbeciles seem incapable of comprehending.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By GreySeal9

@AM-Gamer said:

@GreySeal9: I'm a fool yet you think low budget, low effort should win Goty. If someone likes Splatoon that's fine it's a fun title but it's not Goty worthy and that's something you imbeciles seem incapable of comprehending.

Do you actually have any numbers on the budget or are you talking out your ass? Not to mention that a big budget doesn't make something quality and vice-versa.

The low effort comment is ridiculous. A game doesn't have to be some complex open world saga to have effort put into it. Also, it takes effort to make a game with deep mechanics that plays well. To downplay that effort is short-sighted and immature.

It's not GOTY-worthy in your opinion, but as I said, you're a fool (and it's not just me who thinks this: pretty common knowledge that you're not bright), so your opinion doesn't count for much.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By AM-Gamer

@GreySeal9: I'm a fool with an IQ of 136 .. Since the definition of being bright on system wars essentially requires you to be nothing more then a rabid PC fanboy I'm not to concerned. System Wars is filled with morons and you're one of them.

Do you need numbers to figure out splatoon is low budget? Perhaps outside of being blind by your apparent love for Nintendo you can look up the visual quality and common sense will tell you it's low budget. High budget does not always account for high quality but it doesn't take rocket science to figure out it didn't cost much since a large part of cost goes into engine development and graphical detail.

Please explain what's so deep about the mechanics that makes it Goty worthy? What's it doing BETTER then every other game to win Goty. I know this would take some reason and logic on your part to have a thoughtful discussion two things you completely lack. But please try.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#71 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@charizard1605:

1. Splatoon has over 3x the votes as Witcher 3... Let that sink in for a minute and tell me that's not pitiful.

You're the one who's pitiful because you haven't played Splatoon, so you have no clue what you're talking about.

2. I'm ok with MGSV and Bloodborne winning because they didn't hire a 1st grade class for there art team and they are both great game's.

Nobody gives a **** what you're ok with, unless you have experience with the subject matter and have a knowledgeable perspective.

3. Xenosaga I'd be ok with Mario maker not so much.

Stick to talking about games you've played, or be laughed at.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By GreySeal9

@AM-Gamer said:

@GreySeal9: I'm a fool with an IQ of 136 .. Since the definition of being bright on system wars essentially requires you to be nothing more then a rabid PC fanboy I'm not to concerned. System Wars is filled with morons and you're one of them.

Do you need numbers to figure out splatoon is low budget? Perhaps outside of being blind by your apparent love for Nintendo you can look up the visual quality and common sense will tell you it's low budget. High budget does not always account for high quality but it doesn't take rocket science to figure out it didn't cost much since a large part of cost goes into engine development and graphical detail.

Please explain what's so deep about the mechanics that makes it Goty worthy? What's it doing BETTER then every other game to win Goty. I know this would take some reason and logic on your part to have a thoughtful discussion two things you completely lack. But please try.

Hilarious that you think your self-reported IQ has any sway. I go by what I see on this forum and you have shown nothing but raging pigheaded stupidity on a regular basis. You are not just dumb; you are aggressively dumb. Like you actually take pride in being an idiot. Not to mention that you have a distinctly man-babyish temperament that is frankly embarrassing.

As to the "do you need numbers?" bit, you're pretty much confirming that you're talking out of your ass. Provide numbers or be quiet.

This http://www.slantmagazine.com/games/review/splatoon review explains why the mechanics are deep better than I could (however, I don't expect you to read it with an open mind because you are pigheaded). It won't tell you why it deserves to win GOTY over other games, but then again I'm not interested in that. This explains that Splatoon is not "low effort." It takes tons of effort to get gameplay mechanics right. To argue otherwise is to disrespect the effort that goes into game development.

It's hilarious that you say I can't have a thoughtful discussion, yet are calling Japanese devlopers pathetic on the basis of Splatoon's art style of all things? Do you really think that's reasonable or thoughtful?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Bigboi500

@AM-Gamer: If you would have played Splatoon, you might understand that it essentially re-invents a tired genre. It adds new objectives and mechanics not present before. That's called innovation.

You say the game is low budget. You're wrong. A game doesn't need Michael Bay explosions and toppling buildings and megalomaniacs or world disaster to be high quality product. It does what it does very well: gameplay mechanics, new gameplay which leads to new strategy not seen before in shooters, a highly stylized world, unique musical score.

Did any of those other games you mentioned do anything ground breaking for their respective genres?

Of course I don't even expect you to respond because you got nothing. Have a nice day.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By AM-Gamer

@Bigboi500: Except I will respond...

My personal goty was TW3 which it seems about the entire western world agrees with me.

What did it do groundbreaking?

It has the most dynamic open world I have ever seen in a game. In a genre that is plagued with checkbox mission structure where you essentially do a dozen missions over and over again TW3 felt surprisingly fresh. Even basic fetch quest had soul and almost everything feels meaningful in some way. You can play the game 6 times and get 6 different results. It sets the standard for pretty much all open world games to follow. But that's not groundbreaking?

On top of that it's well written, has an outstanding voice cast, great soundtrack and amazing visuals.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Bigboi500

@AM-Gamer: Different outcomes based on silly responses to Ciri isn't exactly groundbreaking.

It's an excellent game, and TW3 is also my favorite game of the year, based on sheer content and personal preference, but it's not innovative or groundbreaking.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By AM-Gamer

@Bigboi500: That's only one key part... I'm talking about how how characters react to you during the game and the other key differences. Who rules the kingdoms, what happens to Geralt there are several outcomes that requires different play throughs. But even how certain NPCs react to you during gameplay based off your actions.

It's leaps and bounds better then the shit show Ubisoft has turned there open world games into.

And to respond to your earlier post yes I have played splatoon. So please don't babble and continue to throw basless accusations. I've played every game I mentioned.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

What this list actually shows is that 24 out of 133 people liked Splatoon and the other 109 people preferred something else. If it was presidential elections then a 2nd and probably a 3rd round would be required to determine unanimous choice lol So no, Splatoon is not the choice of the entire Japanese gaming industry.

Whoa we agree on something!

But yeah, need some sort of bright spot for the Wiiu.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By AM-Gamer

@GreySeal9: I'm aggressively dumb yet you have done nothing but throw personal insults at me? I can practically see you foaming at the mouth while you type all because I don't believe splatoon deserves Goty?

You are so hilariously hypocritical it's amusing and I ask you to tell me what you thought it did so well and you posted a link to a review because you were to stupid to form the words yourself. :D

And I didn't say all Japanese devs were pathetic. MGSV and BB were both in my top 5. I said the Japanese industry is pathetic and that's based more on the fact they spend more time on throw away mobile games and no longer push the envelope as they use to. It be nice if they focused less on mobile games and I think they would be ok.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

People are dumb because they have a different opinion to you? That's literally the stupidest thing I've seen on here in a while.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 AM-Gamer

@soulitane: If that's how you read that I can't help you.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By soulitane

@AM-Gamer said:

@soulitane: If that's how you read that I can't help you.

No need to help, I don't think someone with such stupid opinions could really do me any favours, so best to leave it at that. Sometimes it's best to keep the stupid out of my life you know.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By AM-Gamer

@soulitane: Didn't you just criticize me for supposedly saying someone is dumb for having a different opinion? ( I never said that but I'm not going to bother to explain)

Then called my opinion Stupid?

Lol the hypocrisy of SW. The stupid seems to have already got you.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 soulitane

@AM-Gamer said:

@soulitane: Didn't you just criticize me for supposedly saying someone is dumb for having a different opinion? ( I never said that but I'm not going to bother to explain)

Then called my opinion Stupid?

Lol the hypocrisy of SW. The stupid seems to have already got you.

If that's what you think then I really can't help you. Stay in school kids.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 AM-Gamer

@soulitane: But that is what you said and you couldn't even come up with your own comeback.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By GreySeal9

@AM-Gamer said:

@GreySeal9: I'm aggressively dumb yet you have done nothing but throw personal insults at me? I can practically see you foaming at the mouth while you type all because I don't believe splatoon deserves Goty?

You are so hilariously hypocritical it's amusing and I ask you to tell me what you thought it did so well and you posted a link to a review because you were to stupid to form the words yourself. :D

And I didn't say all Japanese devs were pathetic. MGSV and BB were both in my top 5. I said the Japanese industry is pathetic and that's based more on the fact they spend more time on throw away mobile games and no longer push the envelope as they use to. It be nice if they focused less on mobile games and I think they would be ok.

Haha. How did I know you were going to find some reason to ignore that review, which clearly explains why Splatoon's mechanics are deep. And no, acknowledging that somebody can explain something better than you can is not stupidity. When teaching, I routinely bring in guest instructors who can articulate something better than I can. Same principle here. You just are grasping at any reason you can to ignore what the review says. Tell me, if you're so interested in knowing what Splatoon does well, why are you unwilling to skim the review? Or is it that you're not actually interested in knowing what makes the game so good?

I don't care if you don't think Splatoon deserves GOTY (especially since you haven't played it). I don't even particularly care about the game as it's not my thing. I can just recognize the absolute idiocy of dismissing both it and Japanese devs based on the fact that you don't like the art style. That's laughable.

Frankly, you deserve to be insulted for being so embarrassingly insecure that you would say, "herp derp my IQ is 139." As if I'm gonna say, "My mistake. You're so smart." That's not gonna happen when you present yourself as lacking the most basic intelligence.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 soulitane

@AM-Gamer said:

@soulitane: But that is what you said and you couldn't even come up with your own comeback.

No reason to, your whole argument was stupid as **** as I stated in my initial post. Get back to me when you can actually understand that not everyone has the same criteria for GOTY as you do.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By GreySeal9

@AM-Gamer said:

@GreySeal9: Except I didn't ignore the review it was simply irrelevant to the question I asked you. I didn't ask you to link me to a review but if his review is exactly how you feel so be it.

Regardless you seem to care much about what I think as you keep responding to the issue. And yes I have played it. Its visuals are are terrible yes but the biggest problem is It's a game that revolves around team work yet Nintendo couldn't even give you an effective way to communicate. If you don't care about the game don't continue to white knight for it.

As I said before I don't dismiss Japanese devs as two of my top 5 games are from Japan. But there industry as a whole is on a massive decline that's not rocket science. They consistently release games that look like they came from the PS2 era(which goes directly into a complete lack of effort). And the fact they nominated a team based shooter with virtually no way to talk to your team doesn't warrant criticism?

You are a raging buffoon and I hope you don't teach in public or private school. Just stick to homeschool of your children that would be best so the ignorance won't rub off on the public.

Again, while I'm not interested in Splatoon, I am giving you shit for your ludicrous idea that the game's art style somehow means that there wasn't a lot of effort put into it.

Yes, the lack of communication warrants criticism, but that hardly means that these developers are pathetic for picking as their GOTY since it's perfectly possible to feel that the game design as a whole makes up for this flaw.

Being called ignorant by the likes of you is a compliment. You're such a clown that I would be worried if you were complimenting me in any way.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By AM-Gamer

@GreySeal9: In comparison to something like TW3 yes the effort and man hours put into the game isn't even close. The fact it has nearly 3x the votes is laughable to me. The fact it's missing a key component to the genre and still wins Goty is laughable.

Glad you feel that way your a pathetic tool so compliments won't come often.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#90 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@AM-Gamer:

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Jag85

@AM-Gamer said:

@Bigboi500: Except I will respond...

My personal goty was TW3 which it seems about the entire western world agrees with me.

What did it do groundbreaking?

It has the most dynamic open world I have ever seen in a game. In a genre that is plagued with checkbox mission structure where you essentially do a dozen missions over and over again TW3 felt surprisingly fresh. Even basic fetch quest had soul and almost everything feels meaningful in some way. You can play the game 6 times and get 6 different results. It sets the standard for pretty much all open world games to follow. But that's not groundbreaking?

On top of that it's well written, has an outstanding voice cast, great soundtrack and amazing visuals.

TW3 is a great game in most ways (besides the weak combat system), but it's certainly not "groundbreaking". What it does is more of an evolution of things that have come before, not a revolution. It's not doing anything genuinely innovative that has never been done before by RPGs or open-world games.

On the other hand, Splatoon is the closest thing to a revolution that the shooter genre has seen in years. It has introduced genuinely innovative gameplay mechanics to the shooter genre, a genre that was growing stale over the years. It is absolutely GOTY worthy.

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

It's a shame seeing so many cell phone games on that list:(.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#93  Edited By onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5252 Posts

An unexpected choice by the industry. I thought it would have gone to Metal Gear Solid 5.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 AM-Gamer

@soulitane: The argument that far better games exist is stupid as ****? Hey if you want to trust people that think cell phone games belong in the top 10 be my guest. The rest of the world will just have to disagree.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Jag85
@AM-Gamer said:

@soulitane: The argument that far better games exist is stupid as ****? Hey if you want to trust people that think cell phone games belong in the top 10 be my guest. The rest of the world will just have to disagree.

Only one mobile game made it to the top 10 (at number 9), and that's only because it has "Final Fantasy" in the name. Are you going to dismiss the entire top 10 list just because of that one game?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#96  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Yep. Anyone paying attention knows Splatoon is the real deal. A gamers game. The industry needs more Splatoon's and fewer everything else.

Lol , keep your Splatoon , ill take everything else instead. Witcher 3 / MGS 5 / Counter Strike GO and the list goes on and on. Because majority of some of Japans developers choose Splatoon as their favorite game , means nothing actually . Nothing surprising here ... A Japanese game won more votes than anything else by Japanese developers while its a Nintendo game .. wow , im so surprised ... lol.

Anyways , Nintendo should focus more on games like Splatoon and bring online multiplayer aspect to NX, is something vital in our days if they really want to have any chance.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 soulitane

@AM-Gamer said:

See you're going off on the stupid again. You're failing to see that other people have a different opinion to you, so that's stupid as ****.

When did I say I trusted them? I haven't played either and I believe I'd enjoy The Witcher 3 a shitload more than Splatoon. However, none of that changes anything about your whole argument being stupid.

Do you have trouble thinking for yourself that you need a hive-mind to back up all your thoughts?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 AM-Gamer

@soulitane: Perhaps you forgot Goty is nothing more then an opinion and so are the vast majority of comments on System Wars. If it hurts your feelings to discuss them stfu and move on. I thought for myself and think splatoon being on the top 10 is laughable. If that hurts your feelings then don't comment.

The fact is anyone can have an opinion, I'm just pointing out how far away the majority of the Japanese game industry is to the rest of the civilized world when it comes to taste in games and Splatoon proves that. And that's not an opinion that's a fact. It's why outside of a very select few titles developed in Japan few thrive in both Japan and the rest of world. That's sad to anyone who use to love Japanese games when they consistently made titles that were loved by everyone from everywhere.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

This thread is funny to me.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 soulitane

@AM-Gamer said:

@soulitane: Perhaps you forgot Goty is nothing more then an opinion and so are the vast majority of comments on System Wars. If it hurts your feelings to discuss them stfu and move on. I thought for myself and think splatoon being on the top 10 is laughable. If that hurts your feelings then don't comment.

The fact is anyone can have an opinion, I'm just pointing out how far away the majority of the Japanese game industry is to the rest of the civilized world when it comes to taste in games and Splatoon proves that. And that's not an opinion that's a fact. It's why outside of a very select few titles developed in Japan few thrive in both Japan and the rest of world. That's sad to anyone who use to love Japanese games when they consistently made titles that were loved by everyone from everywhere.

Please do show me where I've been upset over your opinion. I'm just enjoying myself talking to an idiot.

I'm not the one having a cry because their game didn't win GOTY from a bunch of Japanese devs.