The Generational Leap

• 46 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

I don't like the look of Uncharted 4 Drake at all.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@intotheminx: Side by side SFV looks alot better, at first glance it didn't seem like much but it really is.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@p3anut said:

@Heil68 said:

The new gen has been awesome and games will keep getting better in both graphics and gameplay.

U4 is beyond stunning and an obvious day 1 CE buy.

@bldgirsh said:

Same thing was said about the last 2 games and all the managed to do was garner AAAE 9.0+ Editors choice award winner from this very site. One of the games went on to be a top 5 GOAT as voted by the media and will stay they for the rest of time, showcasing Naughty Gods as one of the best developers out there.

But yeah, that pic hurts real deep brah, I guess I'll just go ahead and get the most expensive CE edition day fucking 1 anyways. :D

Awwwww yeahhhhh :D

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#104 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@bldgirsh said:

Joke image 0_o So delusional.

Hey about that.... enjoy ;).

Lol. So my other images are just thrown out the window? Also, I like how this one person is so credible to you xP

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@kratosyoloswag said:

My favorite part of the demo was that Naughty Dog showed us that they achieved next gen gameplay. Glad to see the core gameplay is excellent, we'll probably be getting a big set piece next time and the demo probably won't be as rushed so it'll be even more impressive on the technical side.

Indeed. It's nice to know SONY and Naughty Gods are ushering in gen 8 proper.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#106 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@lostrib said:

@kratosyoloswag said:

My favorite part of the demo was that Naughty Dog showed us that they achieved next gen gameplay. Glad to see the core gameplay is excellent, we'll probably be getting a big set piece next time and the demo probably won't be as rushed so it'll be even more impressive on the technical side.

what constitutes next gen gameplay?

Anything that couldn't be done on the previous generation of consoles.

i.e. Dead Rising would have been impossible to achieve on the PS2/Xbox/GC due to hardware limitations hampering the scale they wanted.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#107 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@AzatiS said:

Tremendous field of depth

What? The DOF is standart.

, tremendous physics ( everything was moving actually )

Physics can be, and are, applied in different areas. In UC4, the most pronounced application i saw was with characters, namely Drake, with it's clothing and hair. But, Crysis 3 already had physics in many objects. Leafs even moved when shot at

, epic quality textures ( specially at start scene on sea , oh boy what a scene ) ,

Huh? Like i said, the fooliage was superb, but rocks and water not so much. Even Digital Foundry points this out. Specially the uneaven textures of the rocky clifs

lighting/shadows were really good ,

Yeah, but nothing we haven't see before. Ofcourse, being cloudy made it harder to know. If it's using GI, that'd be cool

animations were great ,

Absolutely.

facials were top notch ,

Yup

voice acting top notch , Sound design top notch , level design top notch

Agree, but that's not a graphical component

and all small details were there in every level we saw in demo , blend of gameplay elements were all there ( stealth , platform, action , shooting , adventure -- you name it ) in a pretty good fashion ( that hook !! ).

Again, that's possble since last gen. You know, it's Uncharted 4, not 1.

Which game again had all these things ? Ryse ? Killzone or Crysis 3 ? Are we serious now ?

Crysis 3 and/or Ryse maxed out on PC? Yeah. Not the gameplay elements ofcourse, but the like i said, vegetation display has been a thing for Crytek before.

I insist , as of right now , weve seen no other game than Witcher 3 that has the graphical fidelity and detail of UC4 overall ( thats the key word here , Overall ). Definitly is NOT killzone nor Ryse. If you summarize everything... UC4 is a level above of all titles you just mentioned. Console graphic king as of now for me , easily. Toe to toe ? Shiny graphics alone cant be compared to what UC4 offers. Not even close.

The Wicther 3 looks even worse than Crysis 3 and Ryse. But for a great reason. It's open world. A massive one at that. But i'll wait for release. It's my most anticipated 2015 game anyway.

Shiny graphics alone cant be compared to what UC4 offers. Not even close.

But i am comparing graphics. Gameplay wise, as i've said, it's obvious ND is trying to improve the formula, by adding more open level design and deeper stealth elements. And again, there's a high level of techincally detail put into the body and facial animations and polygon count,

My point was about environmental detail. Ofcourse, this is an exotic one. Once we see footage of an urban environment, we'll have more to compared. But no, i'm not saying ti looks bad, or even mediocre. It looks fantastic. Just that it doesn't crush all those otehr games with easy. It's on par with them.

You are out of valid arguments here .... I dont know from where to start with some ridiculous claiming of yours like Depth of field is standard ... like all games having the same depth of field .. And so many other things you just saying dont make sense.

Anyways , for all in denial. Keep comparing E3s build with PS experience ones. Thats all you got but even like this ... Console graphic king is coming. Better be ready for it and then we wont be comparing UC4s different build but rather UC4 with what competition has to offer and then we will talk again.

For now ... im soooo lazy to answer to each one of your statements ... i mean ... come on ...!!! Anyways whatever

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#108 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AzatiS

No its not.... And its for one simple reason... Its not out yet.... Every 8th Gen game looks like that before it releases.... Combine that with how hard Cows are going to be hyping this game and theres literally no reliable info about this game, even when the reviews role in. I mean the fact that you still say "Next-Gen" should atleast make you pause and reevaluate all the information.

That my friend looked next-gen , you like or not. Period. And not every 8th gen game looks like that , the only game can go close to it is Witcher 3. Nothing else.

All the info you want = ingame gameplay demo.

Add bloodborne and Street Fighter 5 while God of War is on the works. I can feel some tears already.

The Witcher 3 doesn’t come close to Uncharted 4. It exceeds it by a long shot. Uncharted 4 is a linear game where you follow the same path, which makes it easy to focus on smaller details. On other hand Witcher 3 is open world game with Day and Night Cycles, Dynamic Weather, 80+ monsters to hunt, Living breathing eco-system(that can change with your decisions), Huge cities with thousands of NPCs, Branching storyline etc.

Uncharted 4 looks impressive and it looks like a system seller but it is still a linear game. At best you are getting two paths to approach the same enemy and after that you are back on following the same path again until next cut scene plays or next group of enemies appear. Witcher 3 is way more impressive.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

To add to my previous post, I searched around a little.

And yes, turns out I was correct. Frank Tzeng is the character artist on this one. He's one of the best.

So again, the technical leap is there, but it's more of a leap in artistry.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:

BTW, the screenshot the TC has is taken from Maya, which doesn't properly display the shaders.

Just curious how you knew, was it the viewport background that gave it away?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By AzatiS

@Cloud_imperium said:

@AzatiS said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AzatiS

No its not.... And its for one simple reason... Its not out yet.... Every 8th Gen game looks like that before it releases.... Combine that with how hard Cows are going to be hyping this game and theres literally no reliable info about this game, even when the reviews role in. I mean the fact that you still say "Next-Gen" should atleast make you pause and reevaluate all the information.

That my friend looked next-gen , you like or not. Period. And not every 8th gen game looks like that , the only game can go close to it is Witcher 3. Nothing else.

Add bloodborne and Street Fighter 5 while God of War is on the works. I can feel some tears already.

The Witcher 3 doesn’t come close to Uncharted 4. It exceeds it by a long shot. Uncharted 4 is a linear game where you follow the same path, which makes it easy to focus on smaller details. On other hand Witcher 3 is open world game with Day and Night Cycles, Dynamic Weather, 80+ monsters to hunt, Living breathing eco-system(that can change with your decisions), Huge cities with thousands of NPCs, Branching storyline etc.

Uncharted 4 looks impressive and it looks like a system seller but it is still a linear game. At best you are getting two paths to approach the same enemy and after that you are back on following the same path again until next cut scene plays or next group of enemies appear. Witcher 3 is way more impressive.

It doesnt since is an open world RPG but when it comes to graphical fidelity and other technical matters are at least on par.

Doesnt matter if its linear or not imho ... UC4s graphics technically were impressive to say the least considering we talking about a console game.

From technical point of view UC4 looked on entirely other level than anything ive seen on consoles up to date . As for gameplay was good enough for its genre. You cant have it all in the end of the day , its a console cinematic action/adventure game , not RPG. I found it good enough for what it is.. It blends so much in its gameplay and it does it with style. Thats all about in the end.

Witcher 3 is a PC must have game. The first game that made me think " thats next-gen" by far. UC4 was the second one and sadly is console exclusive. If UC4 delivers along with Bloodborne .. i think will be a sweet time for me to buy a PS4.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#112 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@AzatiS said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AzatiS

It doesnt since is an open world RPG but when it comes to graphical fidelity and other technical matters are at least on par.

Doesnt matter if its linear or not imho ... UC4s graphics technically were impressive to say the least considering we talking about a console game.

From technical point of view UC4 looked on entirely other level than anything ive seen on consoles up to date . As for gameplay was good enough for its genre. You cant have it all in the end of the day , its a console cinematic action/adventure game , not RPG. I found it good enough for what it is.. It blends so much in its gameplay and it does it with style. Thats all about in the end.

Witcher 3 is a PC must have game. The first game that made me think " thats next-gen" by far. UC4 was the second one and sadly is console exclusive. If UC4 delivers along with Bloodborne .. i think will be a sweet time for me to buy a PS4.

You made some good points. Yeah , for a console game that was very impressive indeed. But IMO games like Witcher 3 are more difficult and it impresses me a lot since there is a lot more stuff going on in that game instead of just good looking rocks and textures. But as you said, it does great for what it was created. Uncharted 4 looks fun and I really like the art style.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 AzatiS

@Cloud_imperium said:

@AzatiS said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@AzatiS said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AzatiS

You made some good points. Yeah , for a console game that was very impressive indeed. But IMO games like Witcher 3 are more difficult and it impresses me a lot since there is a lot more stuff going on in that game instead of just good looking rocks and textures. But as you said, it does great for what it was created. Uncharted 4 looks fun and I really like the art style.

I agree with you. Yeah indeed.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

"Aiming for." You do know what that means, right?

I guess Halo 5 is staying at 720p as well.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

When UC4 releases, people will be blown away by how awesome the game is, just like with the previous games and TLOU. It will have chapters that will look incredible and better than this ONE shown in the demo. They will also improve the game during development. Right now the game was locked at a stable 30fps, and could probably run higher unlocked. This means they have a lot to go on with they're engine now if they are aiming at 30fps, but more work and probably even more downgrades if they want it running at 60fps, which is pointless for a game like this btw.

And as some have pointed out, they have improved the A.I, animation, bigger environments, and better gameplay, which is far more important upgrades than graphics alone. Remember, the graphics in UC2 and 3 is incredible, so if they prioritize gameplay and making awesome action sequences even better, then that is far more important.

Mega_ban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Mega_ban
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

New Drake looks like a different person

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Martin_G_N said:

When UC4 releases, people will be blown away by how awesome the game is, just like with the previous games and TLOU. It will have chapters that will look incredible and better than this ONE shown in the demo. They will also improve the game during development. Right now the game was locked at a stable 30fps, and could probably run higher unlocked. This means they have a lot to go on with they're engine now if they are aiming at 30fps, but more work and probably even more downgrades if they want it running at 60fps, which is pointless for a game like this btw.

And as some have pointed out, they have improved the A.I, animation, bigger environments, and better gameplay, which is far more important upgrades than graphics alone. Remember, the graphics in UC2 and 3 is incredible, so if they prioritize gameplay and making awesome action sequences even better, then that is far more important.

60 fps is never pointless and it certainly isn't pointless for a shooter stop making excuses... especially considering it will hae a MP component too.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Martin_G_N

@MBirdy88 said:

@Martin_G_N said:

60 fps is never pointless and it certainly isn't pointless for a shooter stop making excuses... especially considering it will hae a MP component too.

It is for most games, the most important thing is having a stable framerate. I can see for games that demands low latency, like fighters, racers, and most first person shooters, though with the BF games and KZ last gen it was a lot more entertaining and fun to have destruction and visuals rather than 60fps. There is no point of having a game at 60 fps if it dips to 40fps, and if they will have to sacrifice visuals, animation and the stuff that makes games good.

Most PC gamers runs games at max visuals possible at 30fps and lower, rather than poor graphics at 60fps.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 BldgIrsh

@Martin_G_N: bf4 in 30 Fps is something I would wish on no one.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#121 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

I find it funny that everyone talk about how awesome the graphics will be but never say anything as a fun game, no it is always about the graphics. I guess the game will still play exacly like it is because you know when you are on the 4th generation of the same dualshock it is hard to make something different.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#122 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@Couth_ said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@Couth_:

@Couth_ said:

Not a fair comparison. The UC3 drake is an IN GAME drake, while the UC4 drake is a full render.

Cutscene UC3 drake looks better than that image. And gameplay UC4 drake will look worse than that image.. here's cutscene UC3 drake.. maybe in game UC4 drake will look this good

No it wont, we have already seen the game and thats what he looks like. Did you miss the video?

The shitty compressed stream video? Yeah i saw it.. it doesn't help that the OPs image is low res also.. upon further inspection though it might be in game drake. Can't tell with a 10x10 pixel image

They are not doing pre-rendered scenes this time according to the dev, as you could see the cutscene went right into gameplay. Regardless im sure the LOD is diffrent on the model depending on the distance the camera is from him. But from what I saw thats what he looks like. Which I say is pretty impressive leap. Although its about what id expect

Loading Video...

another sony demo that starts with a fake "the way it really looks in gameplay" technique, nice but fake

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@leandrro: Kratos model didnt lose any detail. Not sure what you mean. Some spots where the camera was close up you got to see the fine details. And there is a gif of drake getting slammed up against a wall. The char models look the same. I'm not sure why people keep comparing pictures of character models between close ups and distant shots.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 BldgIrsh

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@bldgirsh said:

"Aiming for." You do know what that means, right?

I guess Halo 5 is staying at 720p as well.

Aim for the skies, buddy.

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

The next Gears will probably be a nice jump from Gears 3 too.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#127 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Pointless thread. Play DA Inquisition on PS4 it looks fantastic there is NO way you will ever see graphics like that on last gen so we have had our generational leap there is no reason to assume Uncharted is the only graphical barometer.

Worry instead that the gameplay video for Uncharted 4 looked really dull with Drake commenting on EVERYTHING he does as though we're not actually there we're watching him jump from one place to the next and he feels compelled to 'explain' what he's doing every single second. I'm massively underwhelmed and have a feeling they put this video out way too early.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Martin_G_N

@bldgirsh said:

@Martin_G_N: bf4 in 30 Fps is something I would wish on no one.

And yet, last gen we played all BF games at 30fps on consoles, it was fine then. At least those games evolved, and was entertaining, unlike COD. On consoles everyone will have the same framerate, latency, and controller, and therefor it's the same for everyone, so it's not that important. But on PC, it's pretty useless to play at 30fps vs someone that plays it at 60fps. It's lovely to play a game at 60fps, but I am not turning the settings down to low in Far Cry 4 just to run it at 60fps, then I will rather play it at 30fps at the highest possible settings.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#129 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@blueinheaven: I have Dragon Age inquisition on PS4. It looks good too be sure, but not as good as that Uncharted 4 demo.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#130 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@bldgirsh said:

Lol, so true

lol.. why are you comparing a cgi to gameplay?

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 BldgIrsh

@blamix99 said:

@FastRobby said:

@bldgirsh said:

Lol, so true

lol.. why are you comparing a cgi to gameplay?

"In-Engine" "Our goal is to make it look better than that. Aim for the skies. #nextgen"

Plus the fact that so many cows were arguing that those are real gameplay graphics as it stated "in-engine."

MarkAndExecute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 MarkAndExecute
Member since 2012 • 450 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

Nah. All the fancy graphics are doing is hiding that the gameplay hasn't really improved. Its just a upgraded skin on the same game. Which is a shame. All the power in the world and the same games are still happening.

Why are you talking about gameplay when the game isn't even out yet? Your opinion doesn't count.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

Can say the same for your shitposting, pal.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 BldgIrsh

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@bldgirsh said:

Can say the same for your shitposting, pal.

10 years and still going strong with the comebacks, guy.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#135 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

What Generational Leap.... :p

Graphically speaking UC4 is the first game you can call next-gen. The only one i can think other than UC4 is Witcher 3. And thats it for now. Thats what TC meant i bet.

Well we'll have to wait and see with uncharted 4. Remember the Last of Us reveal demo? That was the first gameplay we got to see of that game and the final product was quite a downgrade from there. The enemy AI doesn't act the same, disarming isn't a thing, and the visuals took a rather sizable hit.

I personally love the Last of Us and am very pleased to see that they are taking a gameplay cue from that game with Uncharted 4, but Naughty Dog is known to present their games better than they actually are.

I'd also like to add that, in addition to your list, Batman Arkham Knight has the potential of feeling like a true next gen experience. Granted, all they've done is make everything look cinematic at this point in terms of the combat, but I'm rather confident in Rocksteady to make some sizable improvements to the stealth and open world of their franchise.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#136 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@Nonstop-Madness said:

BTW, the screenshot the TC has is taken from Maya, which doesn't properly display the shaders.

Just curious how you knew, was it the viewport background that gave it away?

That and the fact that it was mentioned during the PlayStation Experience panel. :p

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

Lol. So my other images are just thrown out the window? Also, I like how this one person is so credible to you xP

Yes. I was there when it was posted there by the user who made it. Lurk moar.

*necro-bump

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#138  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@DarthaPerkinjan said:
The jump from PS2 to PS3 was no bigger then the jump from PS3 to PS4.

Disagree with this. Like somebody else said, just look at the massive leap from San Andreas to GTA IV.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 BldgIrsh

@misterpmedia said:

@bldgirsh said:

Yes. I was there when it was posted there by the user who made it. Lurk moar.

*necro-bump

:/

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

mothball this beast

cyclops10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 cyclops10
Member since 2004 • 696 Posts

It's obviously a lot better.

One looks like a video game character, the other looks like a real person(relativily speaking)