The biggest feature for me about the PS Vita that doesnt get talked about much..

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

It'll be better than the ugly tiny screen of the 3DS that's 4 sure.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#52 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="dotWithShoes"] It's your opinion that the last Donkey Kong game was Jungle Beat? It's your opinion that they haven't released a Zelda since TP? It's your opinion that the Wii U is only slightly more powerful than the Wii? -CheeseEater-

There hasn't been a good donky kong game in a long time and the last one was a giimmick, I never said it was a music game. They haven't released a Zelda game on the Wii since Twilight Princess, prove me otherwise? I doubt the Wii U is going to be that powerful, Nintendo needs to keep the Wii but release a whole other system with more power that appeals to it's fanbase.

Link's Crossbow Training. Boom - got you on that one. The WiiU's rumored specs outpower both the PlayStation 3 and XBOX 360. Does that mean it's up to 'next-gen' specifications, hell no. Nintendo's already nearly an entire generation behind technology wise for a console that hasn't even launched.

Lol oh how could I forget about the amazing cross bow training gimmick!?

But seriously Nintendo needs to get with the times. I wish people would push for this more, but like I said Nintendo doesn't listen to their fans anymore so they don't care. It's all about the "Wii Dance Party 5000" and that's it! No Xeno Blade or anything else that's good.... I miss the old nintendo :(

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

Meh on TC's screen comment. But whatever floats his boat.

I'm happy there's something on there worth getting personally: Persona 4 The Golden. And now that new dating sim with built-in fondling minigame? 3DS stands no chance :lol::P

RandomWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 RandomWinner
Member since 2010 • 3751 Posts

I have to think aloud for a minute. Is there anything Sony did not get right with the Vita?

Online: Perfect
Graphics: Amazing
Price: Jaw Dropping
Control Options: More than I can count
Games: Excellent

Is there any reason not to love the Vita? I love everything about it.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I have to think aloud for a minute. Is there anything Sony did not get right with the Vita?

Online: Perfect
Graphics: Amazing
Price: Jaw Dropping
Control Options: More than I can count
Games: Excellent

Is there any reason not to love the Vita? I love everything about it.

RandomWinner

I feel the same way. I'm still holding my breath on the battery life, though. If they can manage to get like 6-8 hours of battery life from it, it will be perfect.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

I don't think it even has a USB port, which makes it a no-go for me.

ActionRemix

Are you serious? That's crazy. Well, that's one way to combat piracy. I wonder how you can actually get stuff on it then ...

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

It should be good, the only downside to this is supersaturation and awful colour accuracy confirmed, Sony OLEDs are the worst offenders when it comes to those. Then again the average person seems to like the extremely vibrant colours. I can't really think of anything better in such a small form factor, so it will have to do.

Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

[QUOTE="ActionRemix"]

hakanakumono

Are you serious? That's crazy. Well, that's one way to combat piracy. I wonder how you can actually get stuff on it then ...

There's always the Bluetooth.
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

It should be good, the only downside to this is supersaturation and awful colour accuracy confirmed, Sony OLEDs are the worst offenders when it comes to those. Then again the average person seems to like the extremely vibrant colours. I can't really think of anything better in such a small form factor, so it will have to do.

NVIDIATI

Even if the Vita's OLED is not as good as others its still better than a standard LCD so i don't see the point of complaining. Something is better than nothing.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

The Vita does look like a great handheld. I'm not buying one because I don't really play games outside my home and if I am home I would want to play on either my PC or PS3

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
PSVita is a perfect system........and the games are looks fantastic.Can't wait......first day buy for me.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
to be honest i cant pick out a favourite feature... the whole system is just 's3x' in my hand. Slick design , dual analogue sticks , oled screen , cool apps and stuff , ps3 connectivity....THE GAMES..
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

It also has me interested, even though I haven't had a handheld since the original Gameboy brick. I'll still probably skip it though.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

oled screens are expensive and have short lives can get burn in and can use more power when showing white pictures and can get lots of glare.

dontshackzmii

What about the advantages:

Lighter weight, better viewing angle and improved brightness, overall better power consumption (when a part of the screen is black that part of the OLED is shut off) and responce time of 0.01 ms.

Also, Lifespan is 5 years for 8 hours a day usage, which translates to at least 7 or 8 years normal usage.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts

The Vita is DEFINATELY going to give the disaster that is currently the 3DS a run for it's money. Nintendo's only hope agaisnt Vita is to axe their current model and make a new one that is superior with dual analog and better battery life. Also make the 3D much easier on the eyes, seriously!

Also the Vita is bringing Party chat so technically PSN will have that feature, although I don't care about party chat in the first place. But it will still be good for people who enjoy it. Also the Vita is insanely powerful and even Bethesda said they were interested in taking a look at it. Now don't jump the gun because they NEVER said they were making games for it, just that they were going to take a "look" at the Vita. That's all. Still Bethesda has made handheld games in the past, but that was for the N-Gage which was a joke of a system. They were making an Elder Scrolls for the PSP but it was canceled because the PSP wasn't powerful enough, but the Vita is DEFINATELY powerful enough. So who knows....

Honestly I don't see the point in buying the 3DS at this point, it only has ONE game worth buying and that's Zelda OoT. And I doubt Nintendo is going to bring out anything good other than that, face the facts, Nintendo doesn't care about it's fans anymore. Nintendo dumped them for the "Wii Party" audience and that's all they care about now.Nothing wrong with trying to bring in new people, but doing it at the cost of abandoning your origional fans is WRONG! Where is Xeno Blade? Why doesn't Nintendo care about online? Why don't they listen to thier fans? Instead Nintendois giving them the finger and laughing all the way to the bank!

I wish Nintendo fans would realise this....Just buy the Vita, it will make you more happy.

ShadowMoses900
Your last sentence was hilarious Nintendo fans are happy with the 3Ds because it has the games. If you are saying that ocarina is the only worthwhile game, then I guess uncharted is the only worthwhile Vita game
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="-CheeseEater-"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

There hasn't been a good donky kong game in a long time and the last one was a giimmick, I never said it was a music game. They haven't released a Zelda game on the Wii since Twilight Princess, prove me otherwise? I doubt the Wii U is going to be that powerful, Nintendo needs to keep the Wii but release a whole other system with more power that appeals to it's fanbase.

ShadowMoses900

Link's Crossbow Training. Boom - got you on that one. The WiiU's rumored specs outpower both the PlayStation 3 and XBOX 360. Does that mean it's up to 'next-gen' specifications, hell no. Nintendo's already nearly an entire generation behind technology wise for a console that hasn't even launched.

Lol oh how could I forget about the amazing cross bow training gimmick!?

But seriously Nintendo needs to get with the times. I wish people would push for this more, but like I said Nintendo doesn't listen to their fans anymore so they don't care. It's all about the "Wii Dance Party 5000" and that's it! No Xeno Blade or anything else that's good.... I miss the old nintendo :(

You just said that it's just video games and nothing should be serious, yet you're making a huge drama about nintendo Nintendo listens to their fans because they're giving me the games ;) , you just want nintendo to be like Sony. Whatever Sony does, nintendo must follow, right?
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

....is the 5" OLED screen. That has to be one of the most beautiful things ever put on a handheld. EVEN if the hardware was the same on the 3DS, games would still look infinitely better on the PS Vita because quite simply OLED is infinitely better than LCD for gaming.

For those who dont know OLED screens produce perfect blacks regardless of the brightness and they also have perfect motion smoothness. If you have never used such a screen then try getting your hands on an AMOLED smartphone, it's just godly image quality.

PS Vita might be the first ever handheld I'll buy.

Gambler_3

Interesting. Maybe I'll go to a cellphone store and ask if they have any models with OLED screens.

Stevelovessony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Stevelovessony
Member since 2011 • 267 Posts
They better release it soon and make a huge marketing campaign before nintendo steals more features and slap in on the 3ds
LazyMushroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 LazyMushroom
Member since 2011 • 914 Posts

I've never been a massive fan of handhelds but the Vita looks interesting.

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#70 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts

For me its the touch screen, PSN friends, trophies.. argh forget it it i love everything about it!

finalstar2007
Holy crap, they're putting trophies on the PSV too? :o As if I wasn't already stoked about it, now I'm even moreso :D.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
I've always wanted Sony to make a PSP using OLED, it's incredible.
BIOKILLER123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 BIOKILLER123
Member since 2010 • 1084 Posts

I pretty much like everything about it. Only time will tell how things will turn out.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

For me its the touch screen, PSN friends, trophies.. argh forget it it i love everything about it!

DethSkematik
Holy crap, they're putting trophies on the PSV too? :o As if I wasn't already stoked about it, now I'm even moreso :D.

Ooo, artificial rewards...how nice
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 LastRambo341
They better release it soon and make a huge marketing campaign before nintendo steals more features and slap in on the 3dsStevelovessony
Ironically Sony "stole" a feature such as Streetpass :lol:
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 MushroomWig
[QUOTE="DethSkematik"][QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

LastRambo341

You have a trophy card as your signature. :P
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="DethSkematik"] Holy crap, they're putting trophies on the PSV too? :o As if I wasn't already stoked about it, now I'm even moreso :D.

But they're not something so mandatory that I would use it as an advantage for a system or a reason to buy one ;). They're ok
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 MushroomWig
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] Ooo, artificial rewards...how nice

But they're not something so mandatory that I would use it as an advantage for a system or a reason to buy one ;). They're ok

Ah, touche. :P
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#78 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Very good point there. I bought my PC monitor , Samsung LCD , 2ms , 1920x1200 max res , 20000:1 some years ago and im defenitly jealous of LEDs.

The colors are so real it makes my monitor seems like 100 years old. I saw side to side the best LCD with a mediocre LED while playing Crysis 2.... I was near to cry.!! I bet that will be the case with PSvita also. Color pallete will be so awesome that games will look x2 better. True color is awesome.

Also lets not forget that oLED monitors are way more eco friendly since they need far less ele power to work ( means battery will last longer maybe ) and also Hertzs are way higher than LCDs which makes any movement on the screen , movie or game , look so real ...its unreal!!

thatisfalse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 thatisfalse
Member since 2011 • 225 Posts

LastRambo341

I understand you're a jaded nintendo fan, but you don't need to post so often, jeez.. Too much negativity.
Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
why get so excited for some of these features, knowing damn well some where down the line sony is going to remove them. anyone who have been a sony fan for years know sony ends up removing features from their hardware, both software and hardware.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="thatisfalse"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="DethSkematik"] Holy crap, they're putting trophies on the PSV too? :o As if I wasn't already stoked about it, now I'm even moreso :D.

I understand you're a jaded nintendo fan, but you don't need to post so often, jeez.. Too much negativity.

It has nothing to do wi being a nintendo fan, just being honest. Heck, I even have a trophy card sig :|
Aidenfury19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Aidenfury19
Member since 2007 • 2488 Posts

When the Wii came out, HDTV's were not the standard, not near the standard. Do I need online in my games to enjoy them? ...And with the DS, Pokemon says I don't. You sound sad that Nintendo has only released one Zelda game, sorry. And your opinion doesn't offend me, it makes me wonder about the intelligence of the people on this forum. You know, history is littered with a lot of people who honestly believed they were right, a couple of World Wars proved they weren't.dotWithShoes

Yet they were eating into "the standard" by millions each year and you don't need an HDTV for the PS3/360 games to look much better. That is one area where I think Sony and Microsoft's advertising of HD gaming sold them short.

Nor can you convincingly argue to me that Pokemon wouldn't be a considerably better game if it had well thought out MMO-like features. You remember the cell phone in gold and silver where trainers you had met could call you to make a match? Imagine doing that with anybody and that is just skimming the surface of what would be possible were Nintendo gutsy enough to actually go there. Pokemon has gotten stale; that would instantly freshen it up.

Lastly, did you seriously just invoke Godwin's Law to try and win an argument about toys?

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
Everything about it seems great, I just hope Sony doesn't screw up at the final moments.
r12qi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 r12qi
Member since 2010 • 1018 Posts

it actually been much talked

[QUOTE="ActionRemix"]

hakanakumono

it have multiuse connection

probably sony offer some adapter just like apple

d

Aidenfury19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Aidenfury19
Member since 2007 • 2488 Posts

Link's Crossbow Training. Boom - got you on that one. The WiiU's rumored specs outpower both the PlayStation 3 and XBOX 360. Does that mean it's up to 'next-gen' specifications, hell no. Nintendo's already nearly an entire generation behind technology wise for a console that hasn't even launched.-CheeseEater-

Are you *BLEEP*in' kidding me? Link's Crossbow Training is as much a Zelda game as Symphony of the Night on Tiger Handhelds was Castlevania.

I feel the same way. I'm still holding my breath on the battery life, though. If they can manage to get like 6-8 hours of battery life from it, it will be perfect.

arkephonic

You won't. Expect it to be about the same as the original PSP, possibly a bit better or a bit worse.

thatisfalse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 thatisfalse

[QUOTE="dotWithShoes"]When the Wii came out, HDTV's were not the standard, not near the standard. Do I need online in my games to enjoy them? ?

Aidenfury19
lol, that's the first time I've heard that. are you a hardcore Wii fan?
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="Aidenfury19"]

[QUOTE="dotWithShoes"]When the Wii came out, HDTV's were not the standard, not near the standard. Do I need online in my games to enjoy them? ?

thatisfalse
lol, that's the first time I've heard that. are you a hardcore Wii fan?

That actually was true by the way, look it up
thatisfalse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 thatisfalse
that's not what I meant to quote, this site's forum is the worse I've ever seen. why is it so terrible? jezus.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#89 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

oled screens are expensive and have short lives can get burn in and can use more power when showing white pictures and can get lots of glare.

dontshackzmii

Thats a big turn off for me... The PSP had the same glare problem and didn't have an OLED screen. So I'm assuming its going to be a bigger problem...

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#90 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

DethSkematik

Yup they confirmed trophies since the day they revealed the Vita/NGP. i love it too and from now on you'll see both PS3 games and vita games together on the trophy section and it will tell you if its a PS3 or Vita game. which means Persona 4 will have trophies :D

T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

I'm really excited about PS Vita.

Yodas_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#92 Yodas_Boy
Member since 2007 • 857 Posts

The Vita is DEFINATELY going to give the disaster that is currently the 3DS a run for it's money. Nintendo's only hope agaisnt Vita is to axe their current model and make a new one that is superior with dual analog and better battery life. Also make the 3D much easier on the eyes, seriously!

Also the Vita is bringing Party chat so technically PSN will have that feature, although I don't care about party chat in the first place. But it will still be good for people who enjoy it. Also the Vita is insanely powerful and even Bethesda said they were interested in taking a look at it. Now don't jump the gun because they NEVER said they were making games for it, just that they were going to take a "look" at the Vita. That's all. Still Bethesda has made handheld games in the past, but that was for the N-Gage which was a joke of a system. They were making an Elder Scrolls for the PSP but it was canceled because the PSP wasn't powerful enough, but the Vita is DEFINATELY powerful enough. So who knows....

Honestly I don't see the point in buying the 3DS at this point, it only has ONE game worth buying and that's Zelda OoT. And I doubt Nintendo is going to bring out anything good other than that, face the facts, Nintendo doesn't care about it's fans anymore. Nintendo dumped them for the "Wii Party" audience and that's all they care about now.Nothing wrong with trying to bring in new people, but doing it at the cost of abandoning your origional fans is WRONG! Where is Xeno Blade? Why doesn't Nintendo care about online? Why don't they listen to thier fans? Instead Nintendois giving them the finger and laughing all the way to the bank!

I wish Nintendo fans would realise this....Just buy the Vita, it will make you more happy.

ShadowMoses900
It's "definitely", not "definately", you big silly goose.
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#93 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

One of these:

5" oled capacitiv touch screen

2 real analog sticks( not that nub thing on the psp)

console like experience on the go(,bioshock, uncharted, AC etc...) while maintaining quick to pick up games(little deviants, LBP, stardust,escape plan, echochrome,lumines etc..) and even app games/media services(netflix,hulu,mlbtv etc..).

Full psn support(id,trophies,friend list, ps:store)

DJChuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#94 DJChuy
Member since 2010 • 1851 Posts

finalstar2007

Yup they confirmed trophies since the day they revealed the Vita/NGP. i love it too and from now on you'll see both PS3 games and vita games together on the trophy section and it will tell you if its a PS3 or Vita game. which means Persona 4 will have trophies :D

Ooh, I had no idea Vita games will have trophies. That's pretty cool. I hope P4 doesn't have a 100% compendium trophy; that'll take forever to get. :P

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#95 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
A giant OLED screen makes me fear for its battery life. I'm excited for 3G and PSN integration (party chat, trophies etc.). Basically online-on-the-go :D Again, I hope it doesn't kill battery life.