tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3739 Posts

Breath of the Wild was the most boring Zelda game I have ever played. Looks like Nintendo is peddling the same boring garbage in its sequel. Literally looks like a rehash of the first game. Nintendo gaming has become so unappealing. At this point, the assassins creed games are more interesting than Zelda. 🤦‍♂️

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2252 Posts

Whine and moan as much as you like, it will destroy all competition this year most likely and win all the goty awards… and no I ain’t particularly hyped for it myself..

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7213 Posts

Game sold 30 million copies and is considered greatest game ever made. Sorry TC, go back to your boring story games nobody buys.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23717 Posts
@tjandmia said:

At this point, the assassins creed games are more interesting than Zelda. 🤦‍♂️

But nah, I understand some people miss the previous formula. I'm definitely not one of them, even if there were specific elements I'd like to see in this new formula. Which TotK is doing, surprisingly this game is addressing almost every BotW gripe I had.

I just wasn't a fan of every game leaning on ALttPs structure, while actively getting more easy, linear, and guided with each successive entry. Maybe BotW was a massive overcorrection to what culminated in SS, but it was a welcome one to me.

I was about checked out on the series. What made me a fan of this series to begin with, the sense of open adventure and danger in the original games, figuring things out for myself, was pretty much removed before BotW came along.

I'm just glad we're getting one more game in this style. Building on everything I loved about the first, adding things I missed from before. Exactly what I wanted.

If they choose to revert, or go with different direction after TotK, fair enough.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39196 Posts

@djoffer123 said:

Whine and moan as much as you like, it will destroy all competition this year most likely and win all the goty awards… and no I ain’t particularly hyped for it myself..

Don't be too sure about that, ER expansion will deliver and show how its done. Too bad an expansion can't win goty, tho.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23942 Posts

Tears of the Kingdom is the epitome of what the open world games really need. Stronger emphasis on emergent gameplay. Less Themeparkery.

After Skyward Sword, it became clear Zelda needed to move on from its flanderization of the ALLTP formula. And I for one, welcome the Zelda 1, Ultima 6&7 hybrid.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59079 Posts

Phantom Hourglass was the best Zelda game.

Society thinks that's a bad take, but eventually they will catch up.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@hardwenzen: Loo no. The expansion will just be more Elden Ring. Funnily enough, BOTW excels in a lot of the things Elden Ring is bad at and Elden Ring excels in a lot of the things BOTW is bad at.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11139 Posts

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hardwenzen

@Juub1990 said:

@hardwenzen: Loo no. The expansion will just be more Elden Ring. Funnily enough, BOTW excels in a lot of the things Elden Ring is bad at and Elden Ring excels in a lot of the things BOTW is bad at.

Botw and totk have a mobile game combat system with no builds or anything. Its irrelevant what it does when its missing something this crucial. And you saying that its just more ER is funny to me cuz its an expansion, what exactly you wanted? Not to mention that totk is literally botw with glue😅and you're talking about "more of the same" as a criticism lol.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Maroxad

@Juub1990 said:

That is why I think comparing them is ridicilous, they both set out to do different things. The only thing they got in common is that they have an open world in a fantasy setting.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

This is a great example of why these forums have gotten stale. :/

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

There seems to be enough new ideas in Tears of the Kingdom.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Maroxad
@hardwenzen said:
@Juub1990 said:

Botw and totk have a mobile game combat system with no builds or anything. Its irrelevant what it does when its missing something this crucial. And you saying that its just more ER is funny to me cuz its an expansion, what exactly you wanted? Not to mention that totk is literally botw with glue😅and you're talking about "more of the same" as a criticism lol.

Mobile game combat system?

And odds are, trying to shoehorn link into builds would get in the way of player expression, and players could no longer pull off stuff like this,

Loading Video...

It aint DMC or anything, but people have been able to utilize the game's mechanics to augment the combat really well.

Lack of builds, is one of the reasons BotW was so great. In fact, I would go further. Elden Ring might have been a good game if it didn't shoehorn in these unnecessary RPG elements.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:
@Juub1990 said:

That is why I think comparing them is ridicilous, they both set out to do different things. The only thing they got in common is that they have an open world in a fantasy setting.

You find it ridiculous or not, these two will be the most compared games in years. You're not ready for this.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hardwenzen
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Juub1990 said:

And odds are, trying to shoehorn link into builds would get in the way of player expression, and players could no longer pull off stuff like this,

Loading Video...

It aint DMC or anything, but people have been able to utilize the game's mechanics to augment the combat really well.

Lack of builds, is one of the reasons BotW was so great. In fact, I would go further. Elden Ring might have been a good game if it didn't shoehorn in these unnecessary RPG elements.

Not sure why you even put DMC in there. No, its not DMC, its not even Dragon Age 2. Its a barebones simpleton's system that hasn't evolved an inch in 20 years. Its not good. Its actually pretty bad.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3441 Posts

Even if they had the most powerful hardware I would still want them to keep that art style. It's really beautiful.

Amazing game too. My body is ready.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I guess with all the bad press RedFalll has been getting , a thread like this one was bound to happen . It just very sad to see lems hitting rock bottom again 😢

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen

@kathaariancode said:

Even if they had the most powerful hardware I would still want them to keep that art style. It's really beautiful.

Amazing game too. My body is ready.

Having a more powerful hardware doesn't mean that they'd need to use photorealistic visuals.🤷‍♂️WIth more powerful hardware, the game could have textures that are sharper than what we had on a GC, and the draw distance wouldn't look like an mmo from 2001. It also could be running at 60fps instead of the inevitable 20fps.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Maroxad
@hardwenzen said:

Not sure why you even put DMC in there. No, its not DMC, its not even Dragon Age 2. Its a barebones simpleton's system that hasn't evolved an inch in 20 years. Its not good. Its actually pretty bad.

And yet, it is arguably more technical than pretty much every ARPG that isn't Monster Hunter. All people come in BotW with more or less the same kit. Yet, you see that the fighting styles between high end players vary greatly. People are still discovering new techniques even 6 years after the game's release.

A reason for this is that there are no RPG elements. Players are free to do whatever they want, rather than being gated behind arbitary numbers.

Having builds in a single player game where you control only one character is a failure in game design. Unless it is for a really good reason.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hardwenzen
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

Loading Video...

And yet, it is arguably more technical than pretty much every ARPG that isn't Monster Hunter. All people come in BotW with more or less the same kit. Yet, you see that the fighting styles between high end players vary greatly. People are still discovering new techniques even 6 years after the game's release.

A reason for this is that there are no RPG bullshit elements. Players are free to do whatever they want, rather than being gated behind arbitary numbers.

I don't know on what copium you're on, but the combat system in this is as simple as it gets in a video game. Perfect for mobile gaming. If you're implying that glueing two sticks together to have a new weapon that does +3 damage is depth, then, well, enjoy your deep two glued sticks action.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3441 Posts

@hardwenzen: Yes, more powerful hardware tends to do that. Those PC 4K 60fps RT botw mods are awesome.

But it is what it is. I play games since the 80s, some of my favourite gaming memories are from games struggling to run on a 286/386/486... and so on.

I can pretty much guarantee you that GG, with all their technical mastery, will never make a game I would rate over botw... or Elden Ring.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Maroxad

@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

A reason for this is that there are no RPG bullshit elements. Players are free to do whatever they want, rather than being gated behind arbitary numbers.

I don't know on what copium you're on, but the combat system in this is as simple as it gets in a video game. Perfect for mobile gaming. If you're implying that glueing two sticks together to have a new weapon that does +3 damage is depth, then, well, enjoy your deep two glued sticks action.

Complexity doesn't mean depth.

If the game was shallow, you wouldn't see a vast difference between playstyles of players using the same kit. You wouldn't be seeing players discover new techniques 6 years later.

So far, we have seen some pretty barebones implementations of the weapon fusion system. But once we play the game for ourselves, it is extremely likely, we will be seeing people discover all sorts of systems with them. This is the exact same case as with BotW. Fairly simple tools, leading to really complex situations.

We call this emergant gameplay. Not that I am surprised you are unfamiliar with it. Considering the made-for-plebs games that you play.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Hearing people complain that BOTW had a sparse world makes me think some never played the games in the series.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44295 Posts

I thought Breath of the Wild was an absolutely amazing 10/10 game myself and Tears of the Kingdom looks to top even that. I’m going to have a great time playing this come May 12th, can’t wait.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

It's not an RPG, why would it have builds?

I'm not saying more of the same as a criticism. It's a freakin' DLC so it HAS to be more of the same. The point I was making was that Shadow of the Erdtree won't show any more how it's done to TOTK than Elden Ring did to BOTW. If Elden Ring didn't put a dent in BOTW's legacy, how will its DLC which is more of the same somehow humble TOTK...which is presumably just more BOTW as well (though there are some cool new mechanics).

I love both games and they're both a million times better than Sony's entire catalogue.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Maroxad

@Juub1990 said:

I love both games and they're both a million times better than Sony's entire catalogue.

Sony's output has been pitiful this gen.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

If BotW wasn't developed by Nintendo it wouldn't get half the praise, sales or review scores that it did. Take away the Zelda branding and it would be overlooked.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#30 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

@tjandmia: if they released a rock with Zelda printed on it fanboys would argue with you how it was the best rock in existence & Zariya would reply calling you alt right for not liking the rock

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Maroxad

@Skarwolf: What does @zaryia a PC gamer who has gone on record of calling Nintendo 'Anti-Gamer' have to do with this?

Your comment is just as ill-informed as per usual.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 912 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Woof

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 912 Posts

Sorry to hear you didn't like Breath of the Wild. I think it's an amazing game

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#34 GNS
Member since 2015 • 922 Posts

Depends on a person, "just as bad" might be "just as good" for some.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen

@Juub1990 said:
@hardwenzen said:

It's not an RPG, why would it have builds?

I'm not saying more of the same as a criticism. It's a freakin' DLC so it HAS to be more of the same. The point I was making was that Shadow of the Erdtree won't show any more how it's done to TOTK than Elden Ring did to BOTW. If Elden Ring didn't put a dent in BOTW's legacy, how will its DLC which is more of the same somehow humble TOTK...which is presumably just more BOTW as well (though there are some cool new mechanics).

Builds are not needed, its just what i personally like. Point being, if you don't have builds nor at least a solid combat system like what's in the MH series, you don't have anything. The combat system in Zelda games is nothing but some outdated garbage that feels and looks like you're still playing a game from the N64 days. Some have accepted that. I didn't.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hardwenzen
@mysticaldonut said:

If BotW wasn't developed by Nintendo it wouldn't get half the praise, sales or review scores that it did. Take away the Zelda branding and it would be overlooked.

That is what i have been saying for over 10 years. Back in the N64 days, the hype was justified. They were excellent for their time. Botw, tho, the only two strengths it had is physics based open world, something that we don't see very often, and certainly worth praising IF you're into it/care about that. Secondly, well, because they don't hold your hand, which is sadly a massive plus nowadays, and that's sad af cuz that's like praising a game for not having an mtx store built in into the game😆

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By hardwenzen
@kathaariancode said:

@hardwenzen: Yes, more powerful hardware tends to do that. Those PC 4K 60fps RT botw mods are awesome.

But it is what it is. I play games since the 80s, some of my favourite gaming memories are from games struggling to run on a 286/386/486... and so on.

I can pretty much guarantee you that GG, with all their technical mastery, will never make a game I would rate over botw... or Elden Ring.

That's fair, but a more powerful hardware doesn't mean that the art direction will change, which you kinda implied that it may/will. It will only be more detailed, which will lead to better immersion. Exploring some forest at night with a torch, some RT ON and volumetric lighting would make an insane difference.

As for GG, they have never made a single good game, so of course they will never outscore the other two.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@Skarwolf said:

@tjandmia: if they released a rock with Zelda printed on it fanboys would argue with you how it was the best rock in existence & Zariya would reply calling you alt right for not liking the rock

Calling it like I see it. Here is the far right lunacy you posted,

@Skarwolf said:

Even though the WHO and doctors are admitting the vaccines were largely farcical.

As anyone with a GED or above knows the above post is deranged fiction.

Also, stay on topic. Now everyone at SW gets to see your humiliation from another thread.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hardwenzen

@zaryia said:
@Skarwolf said:

@Skarwolf said:

Even though the WHO and doctors are admitting the vaccines were largely farcical.

Also, stay on topic.Now everyone at SW gets to see your humiliation from another thread.

Not seeing it tbh. All i do see is that you're praising a rock with a zelda sticker on it, which is incredibly pathetic.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Zaryia

@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@Skarwolf said:

@Skarwolf said:

Also, stay on topic.Now everyone at SW gets to see your humiliation from another thread.

Not seeing it tbh. All i do see is that you're praising a rock with a zelda sticker on it, which is incredibly pathetic.

Hush kid.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hardwenzen

@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@Skarwolf said:

@Skarwolf said:

Hush kid.

Its pathetic to hype a rock, sorry.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Zaryia

@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@Skarwolf said:

@Skarwolf said:

Hush kid.

a rock > PS5

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By hardwenzen
@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:

Hush kid.

a rock > PS5

You>ps5>rock.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#44 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

@hardwenzen: just leave little zariya alone to combat the big bad alt rights everywhere. Like if you say To May To and I say To maa to you’re clearly alt right left fascist communists

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zaryia

@Skarwolf said:

@hardwenzen: just leave little zariya alone to combat the big bad alt rights everywhere. Like if you say To May To and I say To maa to you’re clearly alt right left fascist communists

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts

I for one, would buy that rock under the circumstance it also has Amiibo support.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Maroxad

@Skarwolf: Why don't you keep your PG sore losering in the PG board? We can roast your for your bad gaming takes too, like the one you made itt.

BotW > Any Sony first party game.

BotW at least tries to be a video game. Sony games are timewasters.

Seriously if you want to get upset at someone who is a left leaning Nintendo fan, you should at least get the right person. I would be one of them.

@zaryia said:
@Skarwolf said:

@Skarwolf said:

Also, stay on topic. Now everyone at SW gets to see your humiliation from another thread.

Oof, now I see why he seemed unusually salty. xD

adrian1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48 adrian1480
Member since 2003 • 15033 Posts

Dolphin to the rescue.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44295 Posts

Please keep the political garbage where it belongs. Thank you.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

I non-apologetically like Phantom Hourglass and consider it to be WW done right. Spirit Tracks was kind of boring though, but I should give it a second shot someday.