System War's Must-Play Games This Gen: Voting Closes Monday at Midnight

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] I knew it.

Eh, I know I'm predictable. Now that I think about it, it should be switched with #2, since I have much more hours logged into it than Xenoblade. But, I'm to lazy to. and you already quoted it.

but it has worst main theme ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNR-wsFAfiU

nah, stalker does http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1siPgAVOAtU
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

1. Halo 3

2. Elder scrolls: Oblivion

3. Assassins creed

4. Red faction guerrilla

5. Dishonered

6. Just Cause 2

7. Resident evil 6

8. Mass Effect

9. Mirrors Edge

10. Forza 4

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#203 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

nah, stalker does http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1siPgAVOAtUmems_1224
ewwww Made me cringe.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Honestly, what is wrong with either soundtracks?
speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#205 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

1. GTA IV

2. Mafia ||

3. Red Dead redemption

4. Fable 2

5. Halo: Reach

6. Gears of war 3

7. F.E.A.R. 3

8. COD 4: MW

9. Max Payne 3

10. Alan Wake

platniumgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 platniumgamer
Member since 2011 • 3960 Posts

1. Batman Arkham City
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. Skyrim
4. Deus Ex HR
5. Mass Effect 2
6. Fallout NV
7. Bioshock
8. Gears of War
9. Halo Reach
10. Kinectimals

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#207 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Honestly, what is wrong with either soundtracks?ArisShadows
I was just trolling him. :) No bait taken though... :P
Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

1. Skyrim

2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution

3. Dead Space

4. Assasins Creed 2

5. Crysis

6. Halo 3

7. Super Mario Galaxy

8. The Witcher 2

9. Mass Effect 2

10. Red Dead Redemption

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#209 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Forza 4 Mass Effect 2 Mass Effect Dragon Age: Origins Final Fantasy 13 Batman Arkham Asylum Battlefield 3 Pokemon Black Pokeom Soul Silver Mario KArt 7
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#210 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Forza 4 Mass Effect 2 Mass Effect Dragon Age: Origins Final Fantasy 13 Batman Arkham Asylum Battlefield 3 Pokemon Black Pokeom Soul Silver Mario KArt 7The_Last_Ride
This won't do.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#212 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
1.Portal 2 2.Bioshock 3.Crysis 4.Wii Sports 5.Team Fortress 2 6.Call of Duty 4 7.Half-life 2 Episode 2 8.Halo 3 9.Gears Of War 10.Oblivion
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#213 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18259 Posts

1.- Super Mario Galaxy.

2.- Bayonetta.

3.- Portal.

4.- Xenoblade Chronicles.

5.- Journey.

6.- Valkyria Chronicles.

7.- StarCraft 2.

8.- Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

9.- Dark Souls.

10.- The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#214 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts
Just because I know everyone is so interested -.- ... My one stipulation going into this is that I can only pick games that I have played (because how can I say a game is a "Must-Play" if I haven't played it)
  1. Red Dead: Redemption
  2. Grand Theft Auto IV
  3. Halo: Reach
  4. Mass Effect 2
  5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  6. Gears of War
  7. Portal
  8. Minecraft
  9. God of War 3
  10. Crysis
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#215 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

My one stipulation going into this is that I can only pick games that I have played

R3FURBISHED

I would like to think that was everyones own personal stipulation.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#216 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

1. Uncharted 2: Among Theives

This game is the Game of the Generation because it was the one game that when playing I knew it was going to be Game of the Year 2009 and Knew that it would be remembered for years to come. It's by far my Favorite game for the PS3 and I've had some great moments with Multiplayer and the Soundtrack just blew me away when I first turned it on. I still remember playing the game and beating it. Everytime I think of Generation 7 of the System Wars, this will be the Game I think of First. This is a game that everyone should experience.

2. Batman Arkham City

If every Generation has to have a Metroid Prime, this is this Generation's Metroid Prime, As it's the Prime Super Hero Game. Of all the Batmans this one really made me feel as if I was truely Batman. All the Gadgets, The Combat, The Story, The Setting, The SoundTrack, everything was just Prime all around. This is truely a game NO ONE should miss out.

3. Mass Effect 2

The Best game out of the Mass Effect series as it gives out the most out of all the choices you make in Mass Effect 1 and shows you what your actions mean at the end game. The Game has the best Story Telling and Environments in the game and so many choices can be made that after playing it, you have to wonder what will happen in the future. Mass Effect 2 will surely make you fall in love with the Mass Effect universe.

4. Heavy Rain

What can be said about this game? It's not really a game, but an interactive movie, but it's a game. When I played this game I wouldn't be the only one to experience it, my whole Family would gather around the TV and watch how the Mystery Unfolds and the Suspense that would happen each time I would play, The Game just sends chills down my spin just playing it.

5. Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots

This Game was one of the best Games to ever Grace the PS3. With all of it's Action and Cinematic Cutscenes it's a great way to conclude the Solid Snake Story. All the extras and Easter Eggs you can find in the game a pretty cool too and the Soundtrack is amazing.

6. Portal 2

A Very Creative and Fun Platforming Puzzle game that makes you think before you leap. There's a lot of witty writing to be found in this game and lots of Visual Story Telling in this game and it makes the game special and unique to any other game out there.

7. The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

A Very Vast and Epic Game that allows you to be the Hero you've always wanted to be and you get to Slay Dragons! The Game may not be as well polished as much but it'sa very Great Game that gives you the sense of Adventure and Freedom. A Feel that not many Games can give you.

8. Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

The Best Fighting Game of this Generation. I say this only because it's the one I always keep coming back to even though I have loads of other Fighting Games, some of them I think are better than Street Fighter IV (KoF XIII & Mortal Kombat 9). But this game just comes back to me and I will always have fun and competitive battles with whoever I face.

9. Xenoblade Chronoicles

This is probably the BEST game for the Wii. The Action is slow to get used to, but it has some of the best Costumization in an RPG and a very Vast and Open World to Explore and plenty of Quests to do. Gameplay is a bit like an MMO, but the Story is very much like those JRPGs you used to love back in the PS2 days.

10. Gears of War 3

All of the Gears of War Games are great, but the Third Installment was the Game that just got everything right, the Story was well paced and well done, the Multiplayer was the most polished they had ever made it and it was just an overall well made game.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#217 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]My one stipulation going into this is that I can only pick games that I have played

jg4xchamp

Quit being a p*ssy and post your top 10 already. We all know your taste sucks, it's ok.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#218 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

1. crysis
2. starcraft 2
3. stalker: shadow of chernobyl
4. skyrim
5. cod 4
6. cities xl
7. just cause 2
8. fallout 3
9. portal 2
10. World in Conflict

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#219 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
  1. Xenoblade Chronicles
  2. Metal Gear Solid 4
  3. Valkyria Chronicles
  4. Uncharted 2
  5. Dark Souls
  6. Dear Esther
  7. Tactics Ogre- Let us Cling Together (PSP)
  8. Dark Souls
  9. Killzone 3
  10. Heavy Rain

I really hope Xenoblade atleast makes the top 10

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#220 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

1. SMG

2, LofL

3. Star Trek Online

4. Jurassic Park

5. DQ 9

6. Batman:AA

7. Zelda:TP

8. Kameo

9, SSBM

10. Plants vs Zombies

EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

1. Infamous

2. Uncharted 2

3. Super Streetfighter IV

4. GOW 3

5. Infamous 2

6. Motorstorm Pacific Rift

7. Assasin's Creed 2

8. Warhawk

9. LittleBigPlanet

10. Super Smash Bros Brawl

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#222 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

1. SMG 2. SMG 2 3, LofL 4. Star Trek Online 5. Jurassic Park 6. DQ 9 7. Batman:AA 8. Zelda:TP 9. Kameo 10, SSBMHarlockJC

1. Infamous

2. Uncharted 2

3. Super Streetfighter IV

4. GOW 3

5. Infamous 2

6. Motorstorm Pacific Rift

7. Assasin's Creed 2

8. Warhawk

9. LittleBigPlanet

10. Super Smash Bros Brawl

EPaul

2. Please no games from the same franchise. If you pick a Halo game, pick one Halo game. Same with Call of Duty, Uncharted, etc.

DarkLink77

Rules are Rules guys.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#223 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

1. Portal

2. Halo 3

3. Dark Souls

4. Uncharted 2

5. InFAMOUS

6. LittleBigPlanet

7. Super Mario Galaxy

8. Gears of War 3

9. Minecraft

10. L.A. Noire

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#224 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"] 5. Jurassic Park

lol, is interesting choice.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

1-Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

2-Heavy Rain.

3- Dead Rising 2.

4-Call Of Duty 4.

5-Dark Souls.

6-Metal Gear Solid 4.

7-Gears of War.

8- Mass Effect 2.

9- Assassins Creed 2.

10- Uncharted 2.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]My one stipulation going into this is that I can only pick games that I have played

Master_ShakeXXX

Quit being a p*ssy and post your top 10 already. We all know your taste sucks, it's ok.

Okay

1: My taste is amazing.

2: If i'm gonna do a list, I'm gonna make sure I believe in that top 10. Coming up with 10 games is so lame. That back half I could rotate with so many things.

Right now the only things I'm sold on are that either Demon's Souls or Dark Souls takes numero uno. Either Galaxy 2, Braid, or Super Meat Boy take 2-4 in some random order, and Valkyria and Bayonetta could range from 5-10 at any spot, but it depends on what I'd want to throw in my top 10 after that. The last one I put up, I looked at and siad" I don't f*cking believe I wrote that"

For a second I think SpaceChem, but then I'm like I didn't even beat it yet Then I think Portal, and while I think it's marvelous I'm not exactly one of the people that remembers the stupid song at the end Then I think Shadow of Chernobyl and....actually that probably is making my top 10. And a Halo should make it on principle, but then I'm on my current f*ck you Bungie stance.

Then there is sh1t I think is excellent like SSF4 or Virtua Fighter 5, but they come with the issue that I suck at fighting games, and thus suck at those games. Company of Heroes and Sins of a Solar were a lot of fun, but eh don't believe myself if I throw it in a top 10.

The TV list I had time to think about out, and easier to spread out. Even if I was reconsidering throwing in Mad Men, Community and The Shield. Ultimately the only one I wasn't sold on was Futurama, and that was probably giving too much credit to the dog episode. ...

also I hope you get herpes.

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. Halo 3
3. Red Dead Redemption
4. Xenoblade
5. Civilization V
6. Journey
7. The Last Story
8. Ghost Trick
9. LittleBigPlanet
10. Mass Effect

Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Meeeper282
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

1. Pokemon Black 2

2. Pokemon White 2

3. Pokemon Soul Silver

4. Pokemon Heartgold

5. Pokemon White

6. Pokemon Black

7. Pokemon Platinum

8. Pokemon Conquest

9. Pokepark 2

10. Pokemon Battle Revolution

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#229 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts
  1. Skyrim
  2. Sleeping Dogs
  3. Batman Arkham City
  4. Mass Effect 2
  5. Uncharted 3
  6. Borderlands 2
  7. MGS4
  8. Max Payne 3
  9. Ghost Recon Future Soldier
  10. Dragon Age Origins

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] I would like to think that was everyones own personal stipulation.

jg4xchamp

Okay

1: My taste is amazing. - Lies

2: If i'm gonna do a list, I'm gonna make sure I believe in that top 10. Coming up with 10 games is so lame. That back half I could rotate with so many things. - p*ssy

Right now the only things I'm sold on are that either Demon's Souls or Dark Souls takes numero uno -GOOD CHOICE. Either Galaxy 2 lol, Braid wut, or Super Meat Boy hipster take 2-4 in some random order, and Valkyria and Bayonetta not as good as Vanquishcould range from 5-10 at any spot, but it depends on what I'd want to throw in my top 10 after that subject is indecisive and cowardly. The last one I put up, I looked at and siad" I don't f*cking believe I wrote that" subject lacks confidence in one's self, is a coward, horrible taste

For a second I think SpaceChem wha?, but then I'm like I didn't even beat it yet Then I think Portal ok, not bad, and while I think it's marvelous I'm not exactly one of the people that remembers the stupid song at the end Then I think Shadow of Chernobyl and....actually that probably is making my top 10. And a Halo should make it on principle why? Halo sucked this gen, but then I'm on my current f*ck you Bungie stance.

Then there is sh1t I think is excellent like SSF4 or Virtua Fighter 5, but they come with the issue that I suck at fighting games me to, DOA5's boobs win tho, and thus suck at those games. Company of Heroes and Sins of a Solar were a lot of fun, but eh don't believe myself if I throw it in a top 10.

The TV list I had time to think about out, and easier to spread out. Even if I was reconsidering throwing in Mad Men, Community and The Shield. Ultimately the only one I wasn't sold on was Futurama, and that was probably giving too much credit to the dog episode. ...

also I hope you get herpes condoms.

Inserts are in red, obviously. OWNAAAAGE!

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#231 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] I would like to think that was everyones own personal stipulation.

jg4xchamp

Okay

2: If i'm gonna do a list, I'm gonna make sure I believe in that top 10. Coming up with 10 games is so lame. That back half I could rotate with so many things.

Right now the only things I'm sold on are that either Demon's Souls or Dark Souls takes numero uno. Either Galaxy 2, Braid, or Super Meat Boy take 2-4 in some random order, and Valkyria and Bayonetta could range from 5-10 at any spot, but it depends on what I'd want to throw in my top 10 after that. The last one I put up, I looked at and siad" I don't f*cking believe I wrote that"

For a second I think SpaceChem, but then I'm like I didn't even beat it yet Then I think Portal, and while I think it's marvelous I'm not exactly one of the people that remembers the stupid song at the end Then I think Shadow of Chernobyl and....actually that probably is making my top 10. And a Halo should make it on principle, but then I'm on my current f*ck you Bungie stance.

Then there is sh1t I think is excellent like SSF4 or Virtua Fighter 5, but they come with the issue that I suck at fighting games, and thus suck at those games. Company of Heroes and Sins of a Solar were a lot of fun, but eh don't believe myself if I throw it in a top 10.

You posted a TV list? Where? Also, guys, please stop quoting other people's votes. That makes counting (which is already going to be a b!tch) harder.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 jg4xchamp
condomsMaster_ShakeXXX
eww
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

DarkLink77

Okay

You posted a TV list? Where? Also, guys, please stop quoting other people's votes. That makes counting (which is already going to be a b!tch) harder.

one of my blogs. The Wire and The Simpons took 1 and 2.
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]condomsjg4xchamp
eww

They prevent people like SNIPER from being born so I totally endorse them.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]condomsMaster_ShakeXXX

eww

Birth control pill.
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] ewwjg4xchamp

Birth control pill.

touche

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#237 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]condomsjg4xchamp
eww

This. Real men BBNR and live life in the edge
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

My top must-play game list consists of games I thought were:

• great experiences (obviously)
  • easy to get into
  • not far into a series that relies on story

I also tried to give the list a bit of variety too.

It's not my top 10 personal favorites. Just the most easily enjoyable because I'd hope at least someone would come along, read it, and maybe get just the tiniest bit of encouragement to go and play it.

But on 2nd thought I'd replace Halo 3 with Portal, so my list would look like this!

1. Amnesia
  2. Batman: Arkham Asylum
  3. Civilization V
  4. STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
  5. Left 4 Dead 2
  6. The Witcher
  7. Sins of a Solar Empire
  8. Portal
  9. Team Fortress 2
  10. League of Legends
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Master_ShakeXXX

Birth control pill.

touche

Living in a world where Raw isn't an option shake, I'm so depressed for you right now. I could never go back to those awful days of ...not raw. That's just wrong.
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#240 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

Out of the games I have played.

1. Metal Gear Solid 4
  2. Portal
  3. Call of Duty 4
  4. Uncharted 2
  5. Demon's Souls
  6. Devil May Cry 4
  7. Heavenly Sword
  8. Street Fighter 4
  9. Assassin's Creed
  10. Ninja Gaiden Sigma

I still have quite a few games to pick up and play.

IshantheRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#243 IshantheRocker
Member since 2012 • 123 Posts

1: Metal Gear Solid 4

2: Mass Effect 3

3: Call of Duty MW 2

4:: Fifa 13

5: Uncharted 3

6: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

7: Halo 3

8: Crysis

9: Medal of Honor

10: Portal

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#245 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

1. Fallout 3 - Aside from its sheer size, playability, characters and atmosphere, this is the first game to really flesh out the "East Coast Fallout" canon and will be the pivotal gem in the series. Broken Steel does ruin the game, but it's a fun kind of ruin.

2. GTA IV - As an NYC local I was amazed at how accurately they portrayed these communities, their denizens and sights and sounds. This is also the first game that I feel accurately portrarys the nature of crime. It was also a blast to play ;-)

3. Alan Wake - Refreshing take on light mechanics and survival horror. Felt like I was playing a Stephen King novel. Loved every minute, until the end which was lame.

4. RDR - See my description above about GTA IV, now apply that to the wild west. Just an amazing title all-around.

5. Mass Effect 2 - Bioware RPG meet competent shooter. Downside is you have to get most of the DLC's to get the "RPG" aspect, otherwise you miss major plotlines and only have like 3 gun choices. As a complete package with all the DLC this is Bioware's best work.

6. Assassin's Creed 2 - Very refreshing genre that hasn't been done quite like this. Interesting premise. Excellent gameplay, dialogue, characters. etc.

7. Mirror's Edge - Deeply flawed game with amazing potential. Needs less shooting and more...something else. Puzzles maybe. The parkour aspect was a blast, but in a game like this I do NOT want to ever pick up a gun or hit anybody.

8. Gears of War 2 - Many people see this as just a shooter. The best way I can describe this game is; shooter meets chess. The chess aspect is choosing cover and position, which doesn't become very impotant until you start playing on the harder modes. Most people just stay in 1 place and die 50 times to get past an area, but the trick is using cover like a game of chess, flanking and minizing your exposure.

9. L4D - Before this game I never played co-op and I never enjoyed horror. This game made me fall in love with both.

10. Journey - The final spot on my list was between Journey and Flower, I opted to go with Journey because I feel that Move (and indeed all motion control) hampers the experience rather than enhances it. The reason why I feel these games MUST be played is it introduces an emotional/spiritual aspect to video games that's rarely consciously represented. If you think about it, all the best games you've ever played gave an emotional experience but seemed to do so by accident, whether it was voice acting in Baldur's Gate or the music in Deus Ex. This game says it up front, and delivers; for about 2 hours I travelled with various strangers (online) and felt like we had made some kind of "circle of life" journey together.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#246 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. Batman Arkham City
3. Portal 2
4. Guild Wars 2
5. Team Fortress 2
6. Dishonored
7. Mirror's Edge
8. Burnout Paradise
9. Mario Kart DS
10. Assassin's Creed 2

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#247 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

1) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Best game this generation. A masterpiece in so many ways and the game that truly thrust me into this generation. My second favorite game of all time.

2) Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - I hate this. It's awesome that I get to add one of my favorite games of all time to the list, but it makes me kick off LocoRoco 2 (see later in the thread), and goddamn do I love LocoRoco2 2. But not more than Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. A perfectly paced story with an enormous castle to shred enemies in. The bosses are better, the story is deeper, and the graphics are... anime? Well aside from that, all changes made in DoS generally were for the better according to Castlevania hardcore fans. I'm not one of them, but you don't have to be to know that you should buy the f*ck out of this game.

3) Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Bar none, the best platformer ever made. With more linear levels than the (spectacular) first game, it added fun gimmicks and great power ups like Cloud Mario while being more focused on platforming. A masterpiece in level design with plenty of content for everyone.

4) Halo 3 - Finishing the fight has never been more worth it. But while Master Chief's battle against the Covenent may have been finished, his battle against other human controlled versions of himself online will be everlasting.

5) Deus Ex HR - At its best, my tie for 2011 GOTY is one of the best games ever made and contains some of the best gameplay ever. While it may be vent heaven, it's hard looking at other shooter's linear levels as viable routes for the future.

6) Gears of War 1 - An incredible atmospheric campaign filled with some of the coolest meatheads this side of Terry Crews. The level where you're in a rain-soaked gas station is truly something only possible starting this generations and we all gain for it. With great split screen and multiplayer, the terrible emotional moments of the second and third games can be forgiven.

7) Pokemon Black - Thank goodness the no remake rule applies or we would have had a very difficult competition between this, Platinum, and SoulSilver. As of now, this narrowly edges out Platinum. Pokemon Black cannot be recommended enough. The campaign is so great that the general lack of content that it has compared to previous titles can be forgiven. Tied for 2011's GOTY, Black 2 may overtake it.

8) God of War 3 - God of War 3 may be better than a lot of other game that are higher on this list, but it's stuck in a position where it doesn't truly top its predecessors (or sequels for other games) unlike every other game above it does. Of course, that's not saying anything bad when you're part of the greatest video game franchise of all time. God of War 3 is one of the most adrenaline packed campaigns that ends the harrowing tale of Kratos.

9) Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - In this day and age, there are three pillars that can be a great trifecta if put together - campaign, co-op, and multiplayer. We all know MW2's reputation for its multiplayer being great (mostly) and having a fun if ludicrous campaign, but surprisingly it's the co-op Spec Ops mode that stands out. Grab a buddy and an extra controller and sink in hours getting three stars on many missions. Trust me, it's worth it.

10) Prince of Persia 2008 - An enigma in a generation of them, this is the definition of a chill game. The Nolan North-voiced Prince and his companion Elika set off to cure the land by activating all the Healing Grounds, but along the way, players will be witness to excellently smooth platforming, rhythmic combat, and gorgeous visuals and vistas. The story is fun to learn about making the slight repitition completely bearable. The ending is among the best of this generation.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#248 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Best 3D platformer I've ever played)
2. Super Meat Boy (Best 2D platformer this gen)
3. Pokemon Black/White (Pokemon - what else to say?)
4. SpaceChem (Best puzzle game this gen)
5. Halo Reach (Halo is an amazing series, and I liked many of the changes in reach)
6. Fallout: New Vegas (Great rpg)
7. Batman Arkham City (My favorite action adventure of the gen)
8. Total War: Shogun 2 (They streamlined it just enough to be challenging but not bog you down with all the details)
9. Team Fortress 2 (Great multiplayer fps)
10. Mass Effect 3 (Had by far the best combat of the series, rpg elements were good, satisfying story to me up until the end)

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#249 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Shout out to my bro for not closing this in my absence:

No problem, man. I think it's got a few more days left in it, and then it's getting closed.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]Shout out to my bro for not closing this in my absence:

No problem, man. I think it's got a few more days left in it, and then it's getting closed.

It should be open till the WiiU launch day Problem is next year there are a couple of great games too, but technically will be released for "last gen" consoles...