System Wars Lounge V47: The 60FPS 1080P Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for zassimick
#1501 Edited by zassimick (10248 posts) -

@Blabadon: I thought the atmosphere, music, and feel of the game was really cool. And the story was leading up to some cool places. Unfortunately, even though I wasn't very good I still thought the game didn't control the greatest (on Vita) and the enemies were cheap. I also am not a fan of that style of play; the bad stuff came together to make a very tedious game.

And yeah, PS+. Looking forward to trying each of them!

Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#1502 Posted by darkspineslayer (22355 posts) -

@Blabadon: It's only a matter of time before shovel knight comes to the good handheld. I wouldn't wish that d-pad on anybody for shovel knight.

Played the game on Wii U myself. Was amazing.

Avatar image for Blabadon
#1503 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

@darkspineslayer: @Zassimick: In that case, may I suggest you skip Fez and DC for now and start Stealth Inc instead? It was part of PS+ and it's fantastic, especially on Vita.

I know DSS can back me up here. How's Shovel Knight on the 3DS besides the D Pad which I don't use.

Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#1504 Posted by darkspineslayer (22355 posts) -

@Blabadon: @Zassimick: Yes, Stealth Inc. the perfect blend of Portal, Metal Gear and N+.

You would use the circle pad? Your funeral.

Avatar image for Blabadon
#1505 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

@darkspineslayer: I dislike the 3DS' circle pad but I've never been one for D Pads. Is it worth waiting for on Vita? Is the game good enough I might double dip?

Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#1506 Posted by darkspineslayer (22355 posts) -

@Blabadon: It's a great game. I would recommend you play it. My only hang up is the hardware you have to play it on. I loved it when I used the Wii U pro controller (a input device designed for human hands)

We're not talking Castlevania precise here, but it is a rather demanding platformer. If you think you'll be fine with the 3DS circle pad, go for it. Otherwise, I might suggest waiting. I know I'll double dip once it hits PSN.

Avatar image for Blabadon
#1507 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

Alright, I'll resist. I will.

I CAN DO THIS.

Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#1508 Posted by darkspineslayer (22355 posts) -

@Blabadon: Is steam an option? That version should be compatible with Dualshock.

Avatar image for Blabadon
#1509 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

@darkspineslayer: No portability

Avatar image for clyde46
#1510 Posted by clyde46 (49047 posts) -

They are making an American Truck Sim! Yes!

Avatar image for Ballroompirate
#1511 Posted by Ballroompirate (25676 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

They are making an American Truck Sim! Yes!

Settle down tiger lol

Avatar image for clyde46
#1512 Edited by clyde46 (49047 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@clyde46 said:

They are making an American Truck Sim! Yes!

Settle down tiger lol

It may be my only chance to drive a Kenworth!

Avatar image for clyde46
#1513 Edited by clyde46 (49047 posts) -

Thats drool worthy.

Avatar image for zassimick
#1514 Posted by zassimick (10248 posts) -

@darkspineslayer: I believe I have enough space on my Vita for Stealth, Inc. and I know it's in my downloads. I shall download when I get home!

Avatar image for lostrib
#1515 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

Insurgency is free this weekend for people that want to try a hardcore multiplayer FPS

Avatar image for SolidTy
#1516 Posted by SolidTy (49967 posts) -

@Zassimick said:

@SolidTy said:

Agreed. I saw both in the theatres. Disappointing.

Yeah, you know they just weren't good. Divergent just had this crappy lead female and this pseudo-crap world/order that didn't make much sense. Add in the lackluster performances and just a bunch of other crap wrong with the movie... definitely glad I didn't pay for it. And Transcendence just felt off the entire time. Like, it wasn't a horrible film, just... it was just there.

And I beat Hotline Miami last night, well got through the credits. Can't say I enjoyed the game; I enjoyed aspects of it but I didn't really have fun while playing it. Saw there was more to play after the credits and I was just like, "nope." Now it's time to try Dragon's Crown and FEZ. ^_^

Completely agree. Divergent seemed like it would be a fun movie, but it was predictable and made very little sense. Transcendence was just sort of eh. Not terrible, just forgettable.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#1517 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@lostrib said:

Insurgency is free this weekend for people that want to try a hardcore multiplayer FPS

good stuff. thanks for the info LR.

Avatar image for kitty
#1518 Posted by kitty (115312 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

I settled with this for now http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815129011
The 10% off put it at a nice price, if it doesn't work, then I can blame myself for not listening. :P

That said, thanks to a friend over on the ign side, I was able to get my 5760 x 1080 wallpapers to display correctly now.

Avatar image for kitty
#1519 Posted by kitty (115312 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@kitty said:

@ladyblue said:

I bought plenty of milk. :)

I love milk :)

Speaking of it, I have some Oreos to go along with it :o

Give me some, plox!

Of course I will *shares* :)

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#1520 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

@kitty: well done soldier. i had a superficial glance at that adapter - i think it's going to do the trick.

Avatar image for Ballroompirate
#1521 Posted by Ballroompirate (25676 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Insurgency is free this weekend for people that want to try a hardcore multiplayer FPS

I bought it during the Steam summer sale and have yet to play the online MP 0_o

Avatar image for lostrib
#1522 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:
@lostrib said:

Insurgency is free this weekend for people that want to try a hardcore multiplayer FPS

good stuff. thanks for the info LR.

also, apparently Bf4 is free for a week from Origin

Avatar image for Demonjoe93
#1523 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9869 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

They are making an American Truck Sim! Yes!

Must be the sequel to Big Rigs. I know we've all been looking forward to that sequel.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
#1524 Posted by harry_james_pot (11394 posts) -

Steam just changed its interface! :o

Avatar image for parkurtommo
#1525 Edited by parkurtommo (28290 posts) -

@harry_james_pot said:

Steam just changed its interface! :o

Has it?

I've been using a custom skin for years now, does it affect custom skins as well?

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
#1527 Posted by harry_james_pot (11394 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@harry_james_pot said:

Steam just changed its interface! :o

Has it?

I've been using a custom skin for years now, does it affect custom skins as well?

Yeah a couple of hours ago but only in the beta client so far, it looks pretty good. I have no idea if it affects the custom skins or not.

And speaking of UIs.. *looks around* ...Did something change here?

Avatar image for inb4uall
#1528 Posted by inb4uall (6564 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@lostrib said:

Insurgency is free this weekend for people that want to try a hardcore multiplayer FPS

good stuff. thanks for the info LR.

also, apparently Bf4 is free for a week from Origin

like you have a week to redeem it or a free week of play?

Avatar image for parkurtommo
#1530 Posted by parkurtommo (28290 posts) -

@harry_james_pot said:

@parkurtommo said:

@harry_james_pot said:

Steam just changed its interface! :o

Has it?

I've been using a custom skin for years now, does it affect custom skins as well?

Yeah a couple of hours ago but only in the beta client so far, it looks pretty good. I have no idea if it affects the custom skins or not.

And speaking of UIs.. *looks around* ...Did something change here?

I am a "beta participator" too. Haven't seen any changes... I doubt they can top the skin I'm using anyways :P

Avatar image for parkurtommo
#1531 Posted by parkurtommo (28290 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@lostrib said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@lostrib said:

Insurgency is free this weekend for people that want to try a hardcore multiplayer FPS

good stuff. thanks for the info LR.

also, apparently Bf4 is free for a week from Origin

like you have a week to redeem it or a free week of play?

What do you think? lol

Avatar image for inb4uall
#1533 Posted by inb4uall (6564 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@inb4uall said:

@lostrib said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@lostrib said:

Insurgency is free this weekend for people that want to try a hardcore multiplayer FPS

good stuff. thanks for the info LR.

also, apparently Bf4 is free for a week from Origin

like you have a week to redeem it or a free week of play?

What do you think? lol

It's EA so probably the latter although they gave out Bf3 for free. It doesn't matter anyway, I can't stand the in browser menu a game. I hope Battlefront doesn't use it.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
#1534 Posted by harry_james_pot (11394 posts) -
@Desmonic said:

@harry_james_pot: Printscreen please? :D

Or just indications on how to be a beta client :P

--

Nevermind. Found it lol

You can also now select multiple games in the library at the same time, so adding things to categories is no longer horrific. :P

@parkurtommo said:

I am a "beta participator" too. Haven't seen any changes... I doubt they can top the skin I'm using anyways :P

Looks like the skins are unaffected then. :)

Avatar image for lostrib
#1535 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@parkurtommo said:

@inb4uall said:

@lostrib said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@lostrib said:

Insurgency is free this weekend for people that want to try a hardcore multiplayer FPS

good stuff. thanks for the info LR.

also, apparently Bf4 is free for a week from Origin

like you have a week to redeem it or a free week of play?

What do you think? lol

It's EA so probably the latter although they gave out Bf3 for free. It doesn't matter anyway, I can't stand the in browser menu a game. I hope Battlefront doesn't use it.

One week of free play

Avatar image for parkurtommo
#1536 Edited by parkurtommo (28290 posts) -

Here's a screencap of my UI:

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
#1538 Edited by harry_james_pot (11394 posts) -

Oh, looks like Gamespot did some UI changes as well! :D

Avatar image for LegatoSkyheart
#1539 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (29457 posts) -

Dementium 2 HD is $2 on steam. I couldn't pass it up seeing as I enjoyed the series on the DS...though looking at Reviews I don't think I'm gonna like the port.

Avatar image for parkurtommo
#1541 Posted by parkurtommo (28290 posts) -

It's a pity whenever I use the snipping tool it brings up my toolbar blocking out the bottom.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#1542 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

maybe try alt+printscreen, then paste into mspaint.

Avatar image for kitty
#1543 Posted by kitty (115312 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

Here's a screencap of my UI:

oh yeah, well I... I... have this :(

http://i.imgur.com/F1w0wko.png

Avatar image for parkurtommo
#1544 Posted by parkurtommo (28290 posts) -

@kitty said:

@parkurtommo said:

Here's a screencap of my UI:

oh yeah, well I... I... have this :(

Way too flashy for my taste :P Whatever floats your boat Mr.Hakunemitsufan

Avatar image for parkurtommo
#1546 Edited by parkurtommo (28290 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

maybe try alt+printscreen, then paste into mspaint.

Thanks, I should've known that.

Avatar image for kitty
#1547 Edited by kitty (115312 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

Way too flashy for my taste :P Whatever floats your boat Mr.Hakunemitsufan

lol. :P Well I like yours. I think it's better than mine.

@Desmonic said:

@kitty: Damnit Kitty!

Y U NO HAVE GOOD TASTE!?

Because you aren't on my friends list :(

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
#1549 Posted by harry_james_pot (11394 posts) -
@kitty said:

oh yeah, well I... I... have this :(

0_____0

Looks as if the GPU is dying. :P

Avatar image for parkurtommo
#1550 Posted by parkurtommo (28290 posts) -

Funny, I have this program called Flux that turns down screen brightness at night, and the snipping tool used the dimmed values, while using prntscreen didn't (so it's darker and has more contrast).