System Wars Lounge V45: Stupid Sexy PS4 edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1251  Edited By PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

@Demonjoe93 said:

@darkspineslayer said:

Watch Dogs. Today has been a good birthday :)

Hey, my birthday is coming tomorrow! Big 21!

I'll be 21 in 16 days

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1252  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@clyde46 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@clyde46 said:

@lundy86_4: When I went to the BMW dealership today, I saw one of those new 4 series. Oh my god they are nice looking, lovely swooping lines, massive wheels. It was in the M Sport dress and boy did it look good

BMW seriously stepped up their design, and the M series looks amazing. The only car that I would drive over them is the new model IS350 Lexus. I may have a thing for sport sedans.

I had my heart set on the new Merc A Class, now after driving a autobox 1 Series, I may have to rethink my decision.

Are you looking at a brand new 1-series? They do look pretty damn decent, though are on the small side. I honestly can't dis Merc, as they nailed their new product lines. I've seen a number of CLS/CLA AMG models driving around and they look schmexy (I live around an hour away from Toronto).

I drove a autobox A-Class and it was horrible, well, not horrible. The ride was nice and firm, the inside was well finished and the car handled nicely but the autobox was shit. I sat at a roundabout, went for a gap, planted my foot on the loud pedal and...... and..... and..... nothing for about 3-5 seconds as the car was making up its mind what gear it wanted. Had none of that in the Beamer. In the Beamer, there was almost no lag in planting my foot and the power being sent to the drive wheels. I also like the way the throttle works, you get two stages. If you lightly press it, it delivers the power in a nice smooth way but if you plant it the box will drop down a gear and send the revs into the atmosphere and then you are in hyperspace.

I drove a 116i which was really nice but I'm looking for a new model which runs about £30K with all the bells and whistles I want.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1253 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

So this is what I'm getting with my PS4 to play. Tell me what to start on first and what your impressions are

- Transistor

- Octodad

- Call of Duty Ghosts

- inFamous Second Son

- MGS Ground Zeroes

and PS+ titles like

- PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate

- Resogun

- Dead Nation Apocalypse

- Contrast

- Resogun

- Don't Starve

- Mercenary Kings

- Stick it to the Man

- Outlast

- Trine 2: Complete Story

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1254  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@clyde46 said:

I drove a autobox A-Class and it was horrible, well, not horrible. The ride was nice and firm, the inside was well finished and the car handled nicely but the autobox was shit. I sat at a roundabout, went for a gap, planted my foot on the loud pedal and...... and..... and..... nothing for about 3-5 seconds as the car was making up its mind what gear it wanted. Had none of that in the Beamer. In the Beamer, there was almost no lag in planting my foot and the power being sent to the drive wheels. I also like the way the throttle works, you get two stages. If you lightly press it, it delivers the power in a nice smooth way but if you plant it the box will drop down a gear and send the revs into the atmosphere and then you are in hyperspace.

I drove a 116i which was really nice but I'm looking for a new model which runs about £30K with all the bells and whistles I want.

I have no experience with either, but i'd definitely hit the Beamer, if it's at your price point. The newer model looks nice, and if it performs well then grab that b*tch.

I grabbed a 2014 Cruze LT recently (which I love), but I had a serious step-down in power from my Pontiac Grand Prix GT (3.8 litre V6). Still, I love the feel of the turbo kicking in.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1255 clyde46

@lundy86_4 said:

@clyde46 said:

I have no experience with either, but i'd definitely hit the Beamer, if it's at your price point. The newer model looks nice, and if it performs well then grab that b*tch.

I grabbed a 2014 Cruze LT recently (which I love), but I had a serious step-down in power from my Pontiac Grand Prix GT (3.8 litre V6). Still, I love the feel of the turbo kicking in.

I must say, that looks like a dam Vaxuhall and you should know what Vaxuhalls are like. Should of kept your Pontiac. I'm not a fan of those new Chevy's. Over here, Chevy is now a budget brand, making your usual run of the mill city cars. Such a shame considering the history behind that badge.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#1256 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

I am now legally old enough to make an ass out of myself in public (to an extent)! :D

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1257  Edited By lundy86_4

@clyde46 said:

I must say, that looks like a dam Vaxuhall and you should know what Vaxuhalls are like. Should of kept your Pontiac. I'm not a fan of those new Chevy's. Over here, Chevy is now a budget brand, making your usual run of the mill city cars. Such a shame considering the history behind that badge.

I definitely know Vauxhall. Pontiac was phased out from GM, and my Grand Prix was playing up... Plus the cost to fill it was insane. My new car sits at a 1.4l turbo, and it seriously helps. Plus, the add-ons are great, such as voice commands (even for songs) and the touchscreen.

I noticed Chevy made it's way across the pond. The last time I was over, the Aveo was being pushed. Unfortunately, I can't afford a $60,000 Beamer ATM.

----

That being said, Chevy offers some serious cars here, such as the new Impala. Sexy as ****.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1258  Edited By clyde46

@lundy86_4 said:

@clyde46 said:

I definitely know Vauxhall. Pontiac was phased out from GM, and my Grand Prix was playing up... Plus the cost to fill it was insane. My new car sits at a 1.4l turbo, and it seriously helps. Plus, the add-ons are great, such as voice commands (even for songs) and the touchscreen.

I noticed Chevy made it's way across the pond. The last time I was over, the Aveo was being pushed. Unfortunately, I can't afford a $60,000 Beamer ATM.

Chevy replaced Daewoo after GM bought them out, so from then on we had Chevy badges on all those crappy cars from Daewoo, ruining the brand. I still believe Ford are the only US car company that has made any impact on the UK market.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1259 Demonjoe93

lolChevy

Celica4ever.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1260 clyde46

@Demonjoe93 said:

lolChevy

Celica4ever.

I drive a Ford, soon to be a glorious German make. Precision engineering, its what those dam Germans do best.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1261  Edited By lundy86_4

@clyde46 said:

Chevy replaced Daewoo after GM bought them out, so from then on we had Chevy badges on all those crappy cars from Daewoo, ruining the brand. I still believe Ford are the only US car company that has made any impact on the UK market.

I had no idea, wow. I haven't been back since around 2006ish. My parents are back on Wednesday for my cousin's wedding.

Chevy are pretty solid over here, though they had a recall on the Cruze, but my VIN was all good. When i'm in the police, i'd really like to hit up an Audi.

@Demonjoe93 said:

lolChevy

Celica4ever.

Where are you from, yo?

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1262 Demonjoe93

@lundy86_4 said:

@clyde46 said:

I had no idea, wow. I haven't been back since around 2006ish. My parents are back on Wednesday for my cousin's wedding.

Chevy are pretty solid over here, though they had a recall on the Cruze, but my VIN was all good. When i'm in the police, i'd really like to hit up an Audi.

@Demonjoe93 said:

lolChevy

Celica4ever.

Where are you from, yo?

America.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1263  Edited By clyde46

@lundy86_4: I had a look at Audi's. Solid cars but they look so boring, unless you start climbing quite high into their range, plus they seem to be more expensive when compared to a Beamer or Merc. I speced up a Beamer 1 series and an Audi A3 with similar options and engines, the Beamer come out to around £29750 OTR whereas the Audi was hitting the £35K mark. Sure the Audi is the best in its class but it looks so dull.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1264 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@Blabadon: you could knock out both Octodad and Metal Gear in an afternoon. Both are well worth those few hours they take, and then you'll be more then ready to put them aside for the other games.

Skipping Killzone. Well done.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1265 lundy86_4

@Demonjoe93 said:

America.

I assume the US then :P I don't blame you for being a Toyota fan... They're popular as hell in Canada.

@clyde46 said:

@lundy86_4: I had a look at Audi's. Solid cars but they look so boring, unless you start climbing quite high into their range, plus they seem to be more expensive when compared to a Beamer or Merc. I speced up a Beamer 1 series and an Audi A3 with similar options and engines, the Beamer come out to around £29750 OTR whereas the Audi was hitting the £35K mark. Sure the Audi is the best in its class but it looks so dull.

Their newer A4+ range is decent. Hell, I even like their A3. They are definitely more expensive... Still, i'd definitely love an S4/5. I moved a guy with an R8 and S4 (fully custom) but he owned a V-Dub dealership.

That's a pretty big price difference. I prefer them, but for a £5000 difference, i'd take the Beamer.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1266  Edited By clyde46

@lundy86_4:

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1267 lundy86_4

@clyde46 said:

@lundy86_4: Images

Tough... I prefer the Audi... Due to the less abrupt front end... The back seems better on the BMW. Still, a 5-spoke rim. plus nice calipers could win me over.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1268  Edited By clyde46

@lundy86_4 said:

@clyde46 said:

@lundy86_4: Images

Tough... I prefer the Audi... Due to the less abrupt front end... The back seems better on the BMW. Still, a 5-spoke rim. plus nice calipers could win me over.

The Audi looks dull, no flare. Its one of those cars that people buy because they don't want a fun car. You really need to see those rims in person, they are soo nice.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1269  Edited By lundy86_4

@clyde46 said:

The Audi looks dull, no flare. Its one of those cars that people buy because they don't want a fun car. You really need to see those rims in person, they are soo nice.

I've seen some decent custom Audi A3's, though I haven't seen much of the BMW 1-Series hatchback.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#1270  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

I dunno. Borderlands 2 was not that much different than the first.

Well the guns, world and enemies were better and Borderlands 2 was tolerable when playing solo. But as a co-op game, it was more or less the same, with the same co-op barriers I mentioned in EndlessBacklog.

It's a good game, it's just that well... I felt that I got my fix with the first game already and I didnt feel like going for another was worth it for me. Got Shelved.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1271  Edited By ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

Maybe it's just me, but Watch Dogs(PS4) is not really that fun. It feels so generic. I'm still just in Act 1, should I press on or stop wasting my time and move on to something else?

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1274  Edited By HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Sincerely enjoying John Malkovich in Crossbones... Whilst the episode was relatively lackluster and tame, I felt he might become donwright excellent in his part.

Have you seen Black Sails? Crossbones is actually ripping that show off.

Not a Malkovich fan unfortunately so I might pass on Crossbones.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1276 clyde46

I got miss sold something to the tune of £650. Time to call my credit card company.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#1277  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Anyone else watch Hunter X Hunter?

Episode 131 simply so good

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1279 Blabadon

**** Best Buy's customer service

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1280 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@Blabadon said:

game doesn't work or something?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1281 clyde46

Clyde will be hitting Stateside next year. Prepare your anus's.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1283 clyde46

@Desmonic said:

@clyde46 said:

Clyde will be hitting Stateside next year. Prepare your anus's.

I think you got that the other way around :P

Who said anything like that?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1284 lundy86_4

@hitmanactual said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Sincerely enjoying John Malkovich in Crossbones... Whilst the episode was relatively lackluster and tame, I felt he might become donwright excellent in his part.

Have you seen Black Sails? Crossbones is actually ripping that show off.

Not a Malkovich fan unfortunately so I might pass on Crossbones.

Yup. I watched the whole season. Pretty good show, though I won't know which I prefer until Crossbones airs a few more episodes.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1285 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Has the notification system been extra broken for everyone else lately? I haven't gotten notifications for days until just now and all of a sudden I had 10... but they were all from yesterday and the day before.

Is this like some kind of joke on GS part? I notice that every year this site gets extra shitty when E3 is just around the corner.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1286 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: yes my notifications are acting up as well.

and good to see you survived!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1287  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Has the notification system been extra broken for everyone else lately? I haven't gotten notifications for days until just now and all of a sudden I had 10... but they were all from yesterday and the day before.

Is this like some kind of joke on GS part? I notice that every year this site gets extra shitty when E3 is just around the corner.

yeah same here. I don't think the notification system has ever worked properly

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1288 ConanTheStoner

@CrownKingArthur:

Haha, yeah either he hasn't checked or my theory was correct and he simply didn't notice.... or he just likes wearing diapers and took it as a compliment.

Anyways, glad I'm not the only one experiencing a broken system here.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1289 Blabadon

Yep, notifications are shittier than a hooker's asshole right now.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1291 ConanTheStoner

@lostrib: Yeah it's always been hit or miss, but lately it's just been worthless for me.

@Blabadon: Always painting a great mental image for the rest of us, thanks broblab... or blabro. Yeah, blabro seems to work better.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1292 clyde46

Anyone else notice the site being unresponsive at times today?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1293 ConanTheStoner

@clyde46 said:

Anyone else notice the site being unresponsive at times today?

Yep. I keep on getting maintenance pages, error pages, Abe Lincoln Luchador deer pages, sometimes the quote button doesn't work, sometimes the reply button doesn't work and sometimes things just lock up...

I remember there being a shit storm of problems just before last E3 as well.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1294 Blabadon

@inb4uall said:

@Blabadon said:

No, the douchebags that work at the Geek Squad keep chatting with the customers about WWDC and whatnot while the manager to work on (for some reason) works on fixing the customers' phones or whatever; they could clearly ring me up for the simple price match I need.

I'm giving them one more chance and then I'm leaving a scathing review for having shit customer awareness.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1295  Edited By clyde46

@Blabadon said:

@inb4uall said:

@Blabadon said:

No, the douchebags that work at the Geek Squad keep chatting with the customers about WWDC and whatnot while the manager to work on (for some reason) works on fixing the customers' phones or whatever; they could clearly ring me up for the simple price match I need.

I'm giving them one more chance and then I'm leaving a scathing review for having shit customer awareness.

I hate the look of the OSX 10.10.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1296 inb4uall

@clyde46 said:

@Blabadon said:

@inb4uall said:

@Blabadon said:

Why? I'm still all the way back on snow leopard because I'm lazy. :P

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1297 clyde46

@inb4uall said:

@clyde46 said:

@Blabadon said:

@inb4uall said:

@Blabadon said:

Looks cheap, something Apple is not or should not be.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1298 Blabadon

I haven't seen Mac's OS in forever.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1299 inb4uall

@clyde46 said:

@inb4uall said:

@clyde46 said:

@Blabadon said:

@inb4uall said:

@Blabadon said:

Looks cheap, something Apple is not or should not be.

How is maverick? I'm building a PC and i'm thinking of putting that on a second HDD since I prefer OSX for all things not gaming. It's free now and apple is letting people put it on things besides macs. since I prefer OSX for all things not gaming so I figure why the hell not.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1300 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

make a hackintosh