System Wars Lounge V 88: This is the End. (Or is it?)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#201 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56258 Posts

Best thing to do is just finish the main game and be done with it. If your struggling with Starfield, that tells you, you need to wrap it up asap. I was struggling to finishing that game.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

@Macutchi said:

really struggling with starfield. the ship aspect feels underbaked. the rest is ok but it's not gripped me. feels like it's going to make me work for it

Think that's how most people feel.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#203 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39305 Posts

@nod_calypse said:
@Macutchi said:

really struggling with starfield. the ship aspect feels underbaked. the rest is ok but it's not gripped me. feels like it's going to make me work for it

Think that's how most people feel.

And you don't need to play the game to see it from miles away.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 hardwenzen  Online
Loading Video...

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6344 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@last_lap: Imagine it would be. Having no point of ref, won't bother me.

Well hopefully (and this is gonna sound weird coming from me) there's no use of the third person perspective the PC version had, it was fugly and janky as hell. This game is best in first person perspective.

This game was built for exploration, as in I mean you will see ledges etc that you can reach until you get further into the game and then come back later on.

Really great game, definitely worth the purchase. If you do buy it post your thoughts on it sometime.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Last_Lap
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

@Heil68: You unbiased, now that's the joke of the day lol.

He always was, just like Solid. No sure why you're having such a hard time believing them.

Yeah, their threads and posts really scream unbiased 🤣🤣🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

He always was, just like Solid. No sure why you're having such a hard time believing them.

Of course. If you didn't have an agenda against them, you'd see clearer, trust me.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

Of course. If you didn't have an agenda against them, you'd see clearer, trust me.

When you post threads negatively against one company and positively for another, that's an agenda, but I'm not surprised you don't understand that.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

When you post threads negatively against one company and positively for another, that's an agenda, but I'm not surprised you don't understand that.

I don't do that, tho. The only agenda here is you hatin on my fellow cows.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:

Can you please learn how to follow the chain of conversation so I don't need to explain things to you all the time.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#211 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59119 Posts

Accidently bought a Turkey for 8 people. Unless manage to breed in the next 3 days the dogs are going to be well fed.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

Can you please learn how to follow the chain of conversation so I don't need to explain things to you all the time.

No. Please explain yourself. And stop hating on my cows.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 uninspiredcup

Japan is gods chosen people.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Last_Lap

Just when I thought Youtube was done with its adblock ban BS, they're trying it again 🤦‍♂️

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#215 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10490 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Accidently bought a Turkey for 8 people. Unless manage to breed in the next 3 days the dogs are going to be well fed.

normal. everyone lives off turkey buttys for several days after xmas.

this is the way

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#216 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61513 Posts

Turkey/stuffing/apple sandwich every day after Christmas. Golden.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Frozen pizza for me.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 uninspiredcup
@Macutchi said:
@uninspiredcup said:

normal. everyone lives off turkey buttys for several days after xmas.

this is the way

Haven't watched terrestrial TV in a while, checking in for Christmas, just as dire as I remember. Panel show galore still (guessing Russel Brand won't be on this year), or Jamie Pucking Oliver teaching you in his guest house how to make gooseberry with your home grown block of butter.

Blackadder its saving grace.

Loading Video...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 hardwenzen  Online

Watching Rebel Moon. WIll see how dogwater it is😁

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56258 Posts

Critics were absolutely correct regarding Rebel Moon. It's nothing more than a soulless, bland of a ripo-off combination between Dune & Warhammer 40K. Rebel Moon being label as a dark/mature Star Wars is very misleading cause I saw no connection to Star Wars. At least it was on Netflix.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 hardwenzen  Online

@davillain said:

Critics were absolutely correct regarding Rebel Moon. It's nothing more than a soulless, bland of a ripo-off combination between Dune & Warhammer 40K. Rebel Moon being label as a dark/mature Star Wars is very misleading cause I saw no connection to Star Wars. At least it was on Netflix.

Was watching it in bed on a tablet, and around 50 minutes in, fell asleep🤣🤣🤣

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50606 Posts

@hardwenzen: "Was watching it in bed on a tablet, and around 50 minutes in, fell asleep🤣🤣🤣"

Matches recent Star Wars movies. Maybe that's where the comparison comes into play.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 hardwenzen  Online

@Chutebox said:

@hardwenzen: "Was watching it in bed on a tablet, and around 50 minutes in, fell asleep🤣🤣🤣"

Matches recent Star Wars movies. Maybe that's where the comparison comes into play.

Oh no, i wouldn't even bother watching the newer Star Wars movies lol. The only reason i decided to watch Rebel Moon is to see how it fairs to the most recent Dune (mostly in cgi and world building). Lets just say that they're in different galaxies.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#225 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24988 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@Chutebox said:

Oh no, i wouldn't even bother watching the newer Star Wars movies lol. The only reason i decided to watch Rebel Moon is to see how it fairs to the most recent Dune (mostly in cgi and world building). Lets just say that they're in different galaxies.

Original star wars trilogy is masterpiece. rest of them not so much.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Macutchi

@uninspiredcup: xmas tv has been bottom of the barrel for as long as i can remember. looking at the schedule for xmas day evening and it's atrocious. strictly come dancing, dr who, the masked singer, mrs brown's boys, two morecambe and wise specials (who've both been dead for 20+ years)... its a joke, and the cheeky c*nts try and make you pay a license to watch it too lol.

firestick app with free everything you could possibly imagine, more or less, for £80/year ftw. currently watching utd v westham in 4k from a private server so zero buffering. once again, this is the way

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Macutchi: Right idea. Pick streaming stuff to watch.

Obligatory Die Hard an Batman Returns per usual.

Loading Video...
Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Macutchi

@uninspiredcup: good shout. may do die hard 1 & 2 b2b with some xmas treats

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Macutchi

actually may watch the boxing, looks a good card.

ive been making my way through gamepass these past few weeks and testing out games i'd missed i.e starfield, halo infinite, redfall etc. all a bit underwhelming / disappointing / down right shit (redfall).

but, the first nice surprise i've had is - unexpectedly - gears 5. i loved the og trilogy but hated gears 4. thought it started abysmally, awful characters, terrible enemies, bland locations etc. abandoned it fairly early on and wrote the series off.

tried out gears 5 expecting more of the same and it's actually really surprised me, it's pretty good. interesting plot (from the story recap looks like i gave up on gears 4 too early, it did get better), fantastic visuals, all very polished, mechanically solid etc. obviously still a cover shooter with regen health at heart but nonetheless it's fun. leans heavily into the cinematic naughty dog style, but so far the coalition are pulling it off pretty well. not overly intrusive, good pacing etc. definitely a nice surprise. hopefully it's got legs and can maintain all this to the end

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By uninspiredcup

Could never get into Gears Of War. Generally any third person wall cover game.

Like, if playing an action game the last thing I want to do is hide behind a wall.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 hardwenzen  Online

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Chutebox said:

I don't like the originals neither, but at least they're watchable. How many more decades until i get an R rated Star Wars movie or show? Yea, with bitches working at Disney, never.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By uninspiredcup

Starwars is for children. People don't like hearing that. Esp Andor fans who were never Starwars fans to begin with and seem to want anything but Starwars.

Like Batman, Zack Snyder completely misses the mark with Rebel Coom.

Argue his Batman is even worse than George Clooney's as well. At least Joel Schumacher remembered superhero movies are suppose to be fun.

This big hulking fat looking mothefucker who makes weird grumbly noises.

Whuhuhuhuhuh Martha!?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Macutchi

@uninspiredcup said:

Could never get into Gears Of War. Generally any third person wall cover game.

Like, if playing an action game the last thing I want to do is hide behind a wall.

you're not hiding, you're just making use of the environment to avoid damage. you can dive out of the way if you're being fired upon but with the sheer volume of enemies and attack patterns it's not a viable permanent strategy.

moving in and out of cover is quite a tactical thing and the mechanics of snapping in and out and the various ways you can take out enemies on the other side are quite accomplished. i can see the issue of difficulty being a factor in disliking it i.e. just get behind cover and your health regenerates, but gears' enemy ai does a pretty good job of putting pressure on you so you cant milk that.

what exactly is it about cover you dont like in a shooter?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Macutchi: Static, playing whack-a-mole. Pretty fucking boring.

Mean, if I want to play a slow tactical shooter I'll boot up Rogue Spear.

If I want to play an action game, boot up something like Doom or a third person game MDK. Which is simple and short, but it's fun as hell and something I always come back to every couple of years.

Constant movement and momentum from avoiding projectile weapons. Banging music. Beautiful environments tight and open, brisk, 2-3 hours. Fast, sleek, creative and doesn't overstay its welcome.

Loading Video...

Consider Gears Of War and similar ilk almost "anti" action games in that, they don't actually give me what I want, balls to the wall action. Maybe that's diff in later games? But the first one (and Rainbow Six: Vegas) put me completely off wall-cover shooters.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Macutchi

@uninspiredcup: dont really get what you mean by static and whack-a-mole.

re: gears. it is very scripted (if thats what you mean) and, although it does a pretty good job of not making you feel like you're entering a new arena, killing all the enemies until they stop spawning, then moving on to the next, fundamentally that's what the formula is. ive played games that do a terrible job of disguising that so gears deserves some credit for the way it distracts from that through story telling and cinematics.

and i get with gears the player movement is cumbersome. in the early games the characters all looked roided off their tits so was understandable for them to be slow and ungainly but in gears 5 they're not, so a bit more mobility would be nice and mean less reliance on cover.

gears 5 also has that awful screen-turns-increasingly-red bullshit the more damage you take meaning the more you get hit the less you can see and the higher the likelihood of taking more damage as a consequence. hate that shit.

but the action is intense and pretty damn balls to the wall at times. i don't think anti-action is an accurate way to describe it, personally

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 uninspiredcup

@Macutchi: So this could be misleading, just randomly checked the Youtubes and jumped to the first action scene I can find. And 1) Dude is crouches static barely moving 2) Enemies in the distance popping up taking pot-shots

Loading Video...

That's what I mean when I say static. In Doom or MDK the player is generally almost never still with the weapons (barring those shitty chain gunners) typically being projectiles. And when the player pops round a corner against rando soldeirs it's not a case of hiding but popping off your ammo as fast as possible to omit or reduce damage.

Now this might just be a matter of tastes, but to me, that style of gameplay, hedgehoging down, pop up, peak-aboo is not what I want or enjoy from an action game. It's the exact opposite of what I want.

Something like (as an example) Dead Simple. A Doom 2 made, and remade Doom 64 map is exactly what I want from an "action game". In Doom the player practically skates across the map much like MDK. Hoards of enemies, the player keeping their finger on the trigger.

Loading Video...

Now again, i've only played the first one, Rainbow Six: Vegas and that Spec Ops games years back, which I heard was some real profound shit, but the actual game was boring AF so could just be looking at this through a pinhole. But from what I played of this style of game, yea, not for me.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Macutchi

@uninspiredcup: ok yeah i get what your saying and watching that vid that guy is playing very cautiously (i.e. staying out of the battlefield) with very little movement, so it does make it appear very static.

you can be much more mobile, dynamic and play at a faster pace, using the environment tactically and snapping in and out of cover when needed. that's how i play. but it will never be a doom type game with that kind of frenetic pace.

to me that's ok, i enjoy both styles, if the execution is good. and with gears 5 it is pretty good. not world changing or anything and maybe appearing better than it really is after ive been wading through a swamp of gamepass shit and found not so much a diamond in the rough but finally something shiny

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Macutchi

some giants on display in this boxing. ronaldo's just rocked up 3 hours in with some important saudi they called his excellency so i guess this is when things really kick off. wilder just arrived too. conor mcgregor supposedly on his way in. big upset so far is this previously undefeated 18-0 russian freak of nature getting beat

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 hardwenzen  Online

You can't claim to be a weeb unless you're able to do this

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Chutebox said:

I don't like the originals neither, but at least they're watchable. How many more decades until i get an R rated Star Wars movie or show? Yea, with bitches working at Disney, never.

Plenty of Rated R sci fi movies. Star wars was not suppose to be edgy rated R movie.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Ghosts4ever
@uninspiredcup said:

Starwars is for children. People don't like hearing that. Esp Andor fans who were never Starwars fans to begin with and seem to want anything but Starwars.

Like Batman, Zack Snyder completely misses the mark with Rebel Coom.

Argue his Batman is even worse than George Clooney's as well. At least Joel Schumacher remembered superhero movies are suppose to be fun.

This big hulking fat looking mothefucker who makes weird grumbly noises.

Whuhuhuhuhuh Martha!?

Pirates of carribean is also very underrated trilogy.

Loading Video...

Almost as good as original Star wars. with Jonny depp nailed it more than any of star wars actors that time.

Johnny depp was suppose to be side character end up being protagonist because the actual protagonist orlando bloom was kinda bland.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 hardwenzen  Online

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Chutebox said:

Plenty of Rated R sci fi movies. Star wars was not suppose to be edgy rated R movie.

The word of star wars is interesting. I just don't like how fluffy it is. They could play with the politics the same way it was done in the newest Dune, and it would be interesting af. I am also tired of seeing some 19yo protagonists.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 hardwenzen  Online

Imagine if this aired in North America😁

Loading Video...
Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

The word of star wars is interesting. I just don't like how fluffy it is. They could play with the politics the same way it was done in the newest Dune, and it would be interesting af. I am also tired of seeing some 19yo protagonists.

Just watch Terminator 1 and 2 for Rated R sci fi.

In T1 Arnold is villain but since he was face of Terminator even as villain. He have to become protagonist of Terminator 2.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50606 Posts

@hardwenzen: Only thing good about Star Wars is what it could be, unfortunately.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 uninspiredcup

The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 hardwenzen  Online

@Chutebox said:

@hardwenzen: Only thing good about Star Wars is what it could be, unfortunately.

Exactly. The potential is there, but what they're releasing isn't even 20% of what i want it to be. In the video game form we saw this with Kotor. Even tho not M rated, it was a mature game made for adults, and it made such a massive difference when you compare it to your standard star wars games where nothing is taken seriously, nothing interesting is ever being said, and you can forget having any kind of memorable characters.

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Just watch Terminator 1 and 2 for Rated R sci fi.

In T1 Arnold is villain but since he was face of Terminator even as villain. He have to become protagonist of Terminator 2.

I watched T1 like 5 times and T2 7-10 times. Are you seriously asking me to rewach what i've already seen a shitload of times when i feel like watching a sci fi movie for adults? Is Sci Fi as a genre reserved for lucky go happy movies like guardians of the galaxy? Even tho a lot of people dislike Prometeus, i LOVED it, and i want to see more movies like it.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Macutchi

deontay wilder rocking up to the ring with a giant crown on his head lol. fckin hell out of 42 wins he's won 41 by ko. here we go

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 hardwenzen  Online

Fallout 3 GOTY edition free on epic

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points