Switch not getting this years COD is pretty sad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b883bb846c10
deactivated-5b883bb846c10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5b883bb846c10
Member since 2015 • 1043 Posts

Nintendo gamers showed with Black Ops 2 on the WiiU that they dont care for COD. The Bo2 community online was dead as ****

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

@nintendoboy16: Hes a has been. Hes stuck in the old days. Be begging Nintendo to come back, but Nintendo done left his ass in the dust. Dude got rektd. Miyamoto juno chopped dat ass.

Sure, and I'm not ashamed to admit that.

I don't see why me getting rekt as a Nintendo fan should be looked as a positive. Nintendo alienating millions of gamers is not a good thing. They had the market in the palm of their hands and they just gave it to Sony and Microsoft on a silver platter because they refused to evolve with the times. They got rekt by betraying Sony with the Super Nintendo CD Rom attachment and have suffered ever since. The Wii being an exception.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By emgesp

@mmmwksil said:

For someone not interested in Switch, you sure do spend a lot of time on this board talking about what the Switch is lacking or missing out on.

Get a hobby that doesn't bore you enough that you have to come back here to complain about Nintendo.

This is System Wars bud, if you can't handle the heat then stay away from the fire. Debating about Nintendo is one of my favorite things to do on SWs, so deal with it. Trust me I do a lot more things outside SW that is not gaming related.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#54  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@emgesp said:
@iandizion713 said:

@nintendoboy16: Hes a has been. Hes stuck in the old days. Be begging Nintendo to come back, but Nintendo done left his ass in the dust. Dude got rektd. Miyamoto juno chopped dat ass.

Sure, and I'm not ashamed to admit that.

I don't see why me getting rekt as a Nintendo fan should be looked as a positive. Nintendo alienating millions of gamers is not a good thing. They had the market in the palm of their hands and they just gave it to Sony and Microsoft on a silver platter because they refused to evolve with the times. They got rekt by betraying Sony with the Super Nintendo CD Rom attachment.

Who are they alienating, casuals? Yes, they made terrible mistakes after New Super Mario Bros. Wii and failed on the Wii U, but they have shown to gain consumer trust back after the Switch.

Also, if you're disgusted by Nintendo "betraying" Sony with the CD Rom attachment, why do you have a picture of Yamauchi as your avatar? If you actually seen the prototype of the Nintendo Playstation, you only see Sony's brand name. Corporate business is harsh, and it's easy to see Nintendo as arrogant but that was Yamauchi's nature, he was protective of his brand.

See above? Where's Nintendo's name? Yamauchi saw this as an insult and shows he did not want a corporate takeover which is why he killed the project.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By emgesp

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Who are they alienating, casuals? Yes, they made terrible mistakes after New Super Mario Bros. Wii and failed on the Wii U, but they have shown to gain consumer trust back after the Switch.

Also, if you're disgusted by Nintendo "betraying" Sony with the CD Rom attachment, why do you have a picture of Yamauchi as your avatar? If you actually seen the prototype of the Nintendo Playstation, you only see Sony's brand name. Corporate business is harsh, and it's easy to see Nintendo as arrogant but that was Yamauchi's nature, he was protective of his brand.

No, they are alienating core gamers as well. You do realize a lot of people who own PS4s and XB1s use to be Nintendo fans right? Plenty of people in their 30's who grew up with the NES, SNES and N64 now avoid Nintendo consoles like the plague and that is entirely Nintendo's fault.

Yamauchi had his flaws, but so much greatness came out of his era that I have to forgive some of his faults. I hate to be negative towards Iwata (May he rest in peace) but he's responsible for the worst era of Nintendo has ever seen at least in my opinion. Sure under his watch the Wii/DS era was the most successful, but looking at it as simply a gamer these past gens under Iwata's watch have been disappointing compared to previous generations.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By emgesp

@metalslimenite said:

@emgesp: Man, **** core gamers. They whine about everything, always act entitled, have the humanity of a blood-sucking vampire, and are major hypocrites.

Who cares what they want or what they think?

Without core gamers who's going to be early adopters to spread the message on products?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Even though most early adopters of Switch wouldn't have expected COD to be on it, it's still significant... Switch isn't going to be massively successful if it doesn't attract third-party games like this. Nintendo fans can make excuses all they want, but it's just a fact. They're only going to sell so many consoles with Zelda/Mario.

<<Flame shield raised>>

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

No it's not, it's really not. No one, including the ones who bought it, expected anything different.

Your agenda is beginning to show, and that, on the other hand, is sad.

That's my argument from DF credibility topic. lol...

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 hrt_rulz01

@metalslimenite said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Even though most early adopters of Switch wouldn't have expected COD to be on it, it's still significant... Switch isn't going to be massively successful if it doesn't attract third-party games like this. Nintendo fans can make excuses all they want, but it's just a fact. They're only going to sell so many consoles with Zelda/Mario.

<<Flame shield raised>>

Says the guy who doesn't know anything about Japanese games...

I know about the ones that matter to most people...

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ronvalencia

@emgesp said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@REVOLUTIONfreak said:

Wii U only got those COD games because they were already making easily ported versions of the game for 360 and PS3.

I remember when Call of Duty: Ghost wasn't announced for the Wii U, until later in the year and made it on the 360 and PS3 world-wide release date.

Unfortunately for Nintendo the Switch's hardware probably just can't cut it. With the Wii U Activision had PS3/360 versions to port from. Switch doesn't have such luxury.

Run COD games on GeForce 920MX...

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@ronvalencia said:
@emgesp said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@REVOLUTIONfreak said:

Wii U only got those COD games because they were already making easily ported versions of the game for 360 and PS3.

I remember when Call of Duty: Ghost wasn't announced for the Wii U, until later in the year and made it on the 360 and PS3 world-wide release date.

Unfortunately for Nintendo the Switch's hardware probably just can't cut it. With the Wii U Activision had PS3/360 versions to port from. Switch doesn't have such luxury.

If Activision knew they could make money from it, they'd make the game run on a wrist watch... it's got nothing to do with hardware.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 emgesp

@ronvalencia said:
@emgesp said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@REVOLUTIONfreak said:

Do you think the Switch could run COD: WW2 at an acceptable level that would please Sledgehammer games? The visuals look pretty legit.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#66 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69466 Posts

Exclusives are all that matters for the Switch but it failed to save the WiiU but for some reason its going to be the saving grace this time around.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I don't think this was unexpected. But there were more than a few users here that were very optimistic about third party support at the beginning who now act as if it were never coming. Can't much fault optimism though.

I don't know how anyone could've thought big AAA games were going to be on the Switch. Hardware alone should've indicated it was always a lost cause, and as long as Nintendo wants to "do their own thing" to such a degree as to have generational gaps of hardware parity, major support will always remain elusive. Switch's salvation will be found in Nintendo's ability to rectify their output issues (remains to be seen), exploit the VC to its fullest, and capitalize on the indie scene if they want to flourish past the launch furor.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts
@emgesp said:

This is System Wars bud, if you can't handle the heat then stay away from the fire. Debating about Nintendo is one of my favorite things to do on SWs, so deal with it. Trust me I do a lot more things outside SW that is not gaming related.

What heat? Your Nintendo bashing has all the intensity of a rain puddle.

Like I said before, get a hobby. This display is just sad now.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#69 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Oh look. Yet another emg thread bitching about Nintendo. So sad.

@mmmwksil said:

For someone not interested in Switch, you sure do spend a lot of time on this board talking about what the Switch is lacking or missing out on.

Get a hobby that doesn't bore you enough that you have to come back here to complain about Nintendo.

This right here ^. Maybe you should spent less time complaining about something you supposedly don't care about and go play the games on whatever system you prefer?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#70 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

@mmmwksil said:
@emgesp said:

When his agenda on this board involves concern trolling for Nintendo, I wonder why we bother.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ronvalencia

@emgesp said:
@ronvalencia said:
@emgesp said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@REVOLUTIONfreak said:

Do you think the Switch could run COD: WW2 at an acceptable level that would please Sledgehammer games? The visuals look pretty legit.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.activision.callofduty.striketeam&hl=en

Switch should be able to play Call of Duty: Strike Team. LOL...

Handheld mode is a problem while dock mode can pass like 920MX.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 emgesp

@MirkoS77 said:

I don't think this was unexpected. But there were more than a few users here that were very optimistic about third party support at the beginning who now act as if it were never coming. Can't much fault optimism though.

I don't know how anyone could've thought big AAA games were going to be on the Switch. Hardware alone should've indicated it was always a lost cause, and as long as Nintendo wants to "do their own thing" to such a degree as to have generational gaps of hardware parity, major support will always remain elusive. Switch's salvation will be found in Nintendo's ability to rectify their output issues (remains to be seen), exploit the VC to its fullest, and capitalize on the indie scene if they want to flourish past the launch furor.

Exactly, they were so sure that Nintendo was going to fix their third party support relations with the Switch and any time I told them to keep their expectations in check I was only greeted with hostility.

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#73 Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

not a surprise. anyways, for years now most people know Nintendo doesnt get ports very often most people buy a nintendo for first party games.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 emgesp

@mmmwksil said:
@emgesp said:

The same can be applied to you as a professional Nintendo defender. Why continue to converse with me when you can be playing all those great Switch games, all two of them.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By emgesp

@nintendoboy16 said:
@mmmwksil said:
@emgesp said:

When his agenda on this board involves concern trolling for Nintendo, I wonder why we bother.

Its not trolling, its being honest. I can't help that I think the Switch is an unimpressive POS of a console. Even Charz agrees its not that impressive as a home console.

OK, since you have an issue with how I use my time on SW what do you want me to do, just talk about everything I enjoy and engage in conversations with people who agree with me? Sorry, but that gets boring. I find it more fun having discussions with people who have totally different opinions. I just like to debate. Consider yourself lucky this isn't a religious forum or you'd really dislike me.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 FireEmblem_Man

@ronvalencia said:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.activision.callofduty.striketeam&hl=en

Why are you being dishonest? I know how weak the Switch is, but saying that an Android game can run the Switch while can't run any full games is completely dishonest.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Wow, Nintendo fanboys are thick headed derps. It doesn't matter if the hardcore Nintendo fanboys want cod, if you want the switch to succeed and not be a WiiU ver.2 you need all the third part help you can get. Shitty or not CoD is still a big thing, get it?

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#78 Aki2017
Member since 2017 • 817 Posts

LOL, the Switch hater is back. Yawn, don't care for that boring game myself and if i did - would get it elsewhere

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 emgesp

@aki2017 said:

LOL, the Switch hater is back. Yawn, don't care for that boring game myself and if i did - would get it elsewhere

Compared to the Wii U days I'm actually less hostile when it comes to the Switch.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By emgesp

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@ronvalencia said:

Why are you being dishonest? I know how weak the Switch is, but saying that an Android game can run the Switch while can't run any full games is completely dishonest.

At the end of the day an underclocked Tegra X1 is going to run into problems trying to run games that were designed around the XB1 and PS4 hardware. The gap is just too big, especially when you factor in that every game has to run in portable mode.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#82 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

@emgesp said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Exactly, they were so sure that Nintendo was going to fix their third party support relations with the Switch and any time I told them to keep their expectations in check I was only greeted with hostility.

Maybe they're hostile to you because you tend to be the worst at how you act?

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Three Nintendo consoles in a row now where I think by now everyone does not and should not expect blockbuster games to be on a Nintendo system like CoDs, RDRs, GTAs, Battlefields, Battlefronts, Overwatches, the list goes on. That's why the Switch is not a primary gaming system to most. That's fine with me because even if it did get these best selling big budget games, it's not like I'll play them on there anyway since they'll be Switch downgraded versions will be the lowest denominator anyway. I'll just stick with casual games like Splatoon, Mario, Zelda on the Switch.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By emgesp

@nintendoboy16 said:

Maybe they're hostile to you because you tend to be the worst at how you act?

Nobody is perfect, but you can't say I was wrong. You might not like how I go about things here, but when have I ever been totally wrong about something I said about Nintendo?

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By emgesp

@gago-gago said:

Three Nintendo consoles in a row now where I think by now everyone does not and should not expect blockbuster games to be on a Nintendo system like CoDs, RDRs, GTAs, Battlefields, Battlefronts, Overwatches, the list goes on. That's why the Switch is not a primary gaming system to most. That's fine with me because even if it did get these best selling big budget games, it's not like I'll play them on there anyway since they'll be Switch downgraded versions will be the lowest denominator anyway. I'll just stick with casual games like Splatoon, Mario, Zelda on the Switch.

And within three generations Nintendo couldn't bother to try and fix that. What does that say about them as a company? Why would they choose to alienate so many gamers? It makes zero sense to want to avoid a certain market just for the sake of it when at the end of the day your priority should be trying to sell as many consoles and games as possible.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#86  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@blessedbyhorus said:

Nintendo gamers showed with Black Ops 2 on the WiiU that they dont care for COD. The Bo2 community online was dead as ****

Good taste, good taste.

Still there will be a Vita version. I find it odd. Half the tweets during their live stream were asking for a Switch version. I'd say there is at least some people who'd be interested this time around. (But if it looks that much worse, I guess most would go 'hmm' and buy another version anyway.)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

I didn't expect western 3rd party support ro happen. It's disappointing but still not what I want from the Switch in terms of 3rd party support.

I want the Switch 3rd party stuff to be more like 3DS; great alternatives to the other systems. This means that if Switch isn't getting COD, it needs a different game in its place.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#88  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@emgesp said:
@gago-gago said:

And within three generations Nintendo couldn't bother to try and fix that. What does that say about them as a company? Why would they choose to alienate so many gamers? It makes zero sense to want to avoid a certain market just for the sake of it when at the end of the day your priority should be trying to sell as many consoles and games as possible.

It's not where the money is made though. And 3rd party is very fickle. Their quality and support is all over the place. It's much more important they get their subscription model right cause that will bring in way more money than 3rd party sales anyway. That doesn't mean they can't also try and get as much 3rd party support as possible. But what does that entail? They have to pay all the Nintendo-haters to also bring a port over to Switch? That would kinda defeat the purpose. This is more a failure on Activision's part than Nintendo, unless Nintendo have somehow obstructed development for the Switch.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#89 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

I don't buy a Nintendo console for the 3rd party games.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 emgesp

@jumpaction said:

I didn't expect western 3rd party support ro happen. It's disappointing but still not what I want from the Switch in terms of 3rd party support.

I want the Switch 3rd party stuff to be more like 3DS; great alternatives to the other systems. This means that if Switch isn't getting COD, it needs a different game in its place.

And it needs replacements for games like RDR2 as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@emgesp: yes.

For example, when the time comes to announce Bayonetta 3; if it doesn't release on Switch, I will be unhappy.

But my desire for modern Nintendo doesn't really include COD or R*. If Nintendo look at 3DS and do that? Great.

Shin Megan TenseI and DQ are a start

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 emgesp

@jumpaction said:

@emgesp: yes.

For example, when the time comes to announce Bayonetta 3; if it doesn't release on Switch, I will be unhappy.

But my desire for modern Nintendo doesn't really include COD or R*. If Nintendo look at 3DS and do that? Great.

Shin Megan TenseI and DQ are a start

So you see the Switch more as a handheld that you can play on the big screen.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Why would a Switch owner want to play CoD if he/she can play Splatoon 2?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ronvalencia

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@ronvalencia said:

There are two issues

1. Switch can run Android COD with very little issues. Can't you see the difference between being serious and non-serious? Notice ----> "LOL"

2. Similar to Dock Mode, search in youtube with 920MX for games that can run on Switch's dock mode level GPU.

Loading Video...

The problem is in handheld mode.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@emgesp: sure. I dont really mind what it is. I'm more interested in having fun with the system so I'd like Nintendo to secure the 3rd party support that the 3DS was receiving.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#96 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

@Pedro said:

Exclusives are all that matters for the Switch but it failed to save the WiiU but for some reason its going to be the saving grace this time around.

The exclusives are the only reason it sold what it did.. the system had a lot more issues than just the games.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 FireEmblem_Man

@ronvalencia said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@ronvalencia said:

There are two issues

1. Switch can run Android COD with very little issues. Can't you see the difference between being serious and non-serious?

2. Similar to Dock Mode

Loading Video...

That will remain to be seen, probably until e3 2017 if Activison is keeping a Switch version underwraps. But knowing them and how dishonest they are, they'll just hire some outsourcing company to port the game within a month.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 ronvalencia

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@ronvalencia said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@ronvalencia said:

There are two issues

1. Switch can run Android COD with very little issues. Can't you see the difference between being serious and non-serious?

2. Similar to Dock Mode

Loading Video...

That will remain to be seen, probably until e3 2017 if Activison is keeping a Switch version underwraps. But knowing them and how dishonest they are, they'll just hire some outsourcing company to port the game within a month.

GeForce 920MX has 14.4 GB/s memory bandwidth, 548.9 GFLOPS Fp32/Fp16, 8 ROPS while Switch's TX1 IGP has up to 25 GB/s memory bandwidth, 16 ROPS. 393 GFLOPS Fp32 and 786 GFLOPS Fp16.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/2826/geforce-920mx

Switch's 4 GB RAM could be a problem(3 GB for games?), but PRT feature can reduce memory store usage i.e. load the texture tile for view port render prior to TMU fetch. Alternatively, reduce art assets quality by half.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#99 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

CoD BO2 was great upon the Wiiu. Had the best control scheme of any fps (nunchuck, pro pad, Gamepad).

I'd prefer something on the lines of Doom than CoD. cod isn't a deal breaker but switch does need a bit of diversity which cod would offer.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Does anyone ever buy Nintendo in hopes of a Call of Duty?