Switch not getting this years COD is pretty sad.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#201 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@emgesp said:
@KBFloYd said:
@emgesp said:
@KBFloYd said:

also lol ...the gameboy sold 118million....more than ps1

thats when nintendo started supporting 2 platforms.

n64 plus gameboy advance sales is like 140million.

Gameboy is a handheld and wasn't a direct competitor to the Playstation brand of home consoles, so your point is moot.

your saying ps1 was revenge for sony....i'm saying what revenge? nintendo was supported two platforms which overall sold more than sony's efforts.

nintendo sells the most hardware every gen because they have 2 platforms....even last gen with the ps4/x1 with wiiu's horrible sales nintendo family of systems are still ahead...3ds + wiiU is at 80million.

No, PS1 took core gamers away from Nintendo. Sure, Nintendo gained more casuals, but they still lost a good amount of the core demographic.

Again, you can't bring in the Gameboy into this discussion, its irrelevant.

lol you scared of competing with nintendo as a whole instead you want to compete with half of them?

ok... enjoy your crusade.

mcreloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#202 mcreloaded
Member since 2017 • 48 Posts

lol it's still the same as it was 10 years ago when I was a member. I think console wars will never end. I personally like them all

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

lol you scared of competing with nintendo as a whole instead you want to compete with half of them?

ok... enjoy your crusade.

Talk about moving goal posts.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#204 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15581 Posts

So like, I guess you were at a bar, you saw a nice young Switch hanging out, you asked her out, and Switch turned you down? Because this is really what it sounds like this many threads in.

Maybe the problem was just you did you ever think of that?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@emgesp: I guess it depends on the platform.

The 3DS sold without support from major western developers but it remains to be seen whether the Switch can provide enough alternatives to be enticing too.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@Vaasman said:

So like, I guess you were at a bar, you saw a nice young Switch hanging out, you asked her out, and Switch turned you down? Because this is really what it sounds like this many threads in.

Maybe the problem was just you did you ever think of that?

More like I want Nintendo to make products that I like again. They at least announced the 2DS XL which is cool.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#207 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@jumpaction said:

@emgesp: I guess it depends on the platform.

The 3DS sold without support from major western developers but it remains to be seen whether the Switch can provide enough alternatives to be enticing too.

If we include other mobile devices with gaming capability like Apple's iOS or Google's Android, Nintendo is a small fish fry..

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By ronvalencia

@KBFloYd said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@emgesp said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Except... Sony had plans that would've f***ed over Nintendo regardless. Funny how you sport Yamauchi as your avatar when even he, as @FireEmblem_Man points out, didn't like what he saw out of the deal, which is why he wanted to break the deal. Nintendo may not have been the good guys, but god forbid them protecting their brands Sony wanted to violate. Can't believe cows overlook this and STILL see Sony as the good guy in that situation, when even they were shady.

Shady or not Nintendo created their biggest competitor by screwing over Sony and making them look like fools at CES. Nintendo couldn't even tell them that they were backing out in favor of a partnership with Phillips. So here Sony is advertising their partnership with Nintendo at CES and they find out that partnership was cancelled. How humiliating it was to be Sony that day. The PS1 was sweet revenge for Nintendo's betrayal.

Sweet revenge for not screwing over Nintendo like they wanted?

It's too bad Apple and Google mobile gaming revenues are still higher than Nintendo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@ronvalencia: Very true. Although personally I am more interested in the success of dedicated gaming platforms like Vita and 3DS.

If a dedicated gaming platform can still succeed and deliver plenty of fun games without western support then the Nintendo Switch should be able to do the same. Key word there is should. :P

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 ronvalencia

@jumpaction said:

@ronvalencia: Very true. Although personally I am more interested in the success of dedicated gaming platforms like Vita and 3DS.

If a dedicated gaming platform can still succeed and deliver plenty of fun games without western support then the Nintendo Switch should be able to do the same. Key word there is should. :P

In the end of the day where games are just a type of software, Nintendo is Japan's mobile platform holder while the U.S. has Microsoft, Apple and Google mobile platform holders.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Wonder how multiplayer had been on Switch, you need trade friendcodes or how is multiplayer working on that thing?:P

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#212  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@KBFloYd said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@emgesp said:

Shady or not Nintendo created their biggest competitor by screwing over Sony and making them look like fools at CES. Nintendo couldn't even tell them that they were backing out in favor of a partnership with Phillips. So here Sony is advertising their partnership with Nintendo at CES and they find out that partnership was cancelled. How humiliating it was to be Sony that day. The PS1 was sweet revenge for Nintendo's betrayal.

Sweet revenge for not screwing over Nintendo like they wanted?

It's too bad Apple and Google mobile gaming revenues are still higher than Nintendo.

too bad for who? me? i have an iphone

too bad for nintendo? 70million 3ds is not too bad..gba sold 80 million and there was no mobile.

nintendo sees mobile as a platform and nintendo are putting some games on it so they are making money on phones now too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@ronvalencia: I guess it depends on what you're looking to get out of that gaming experience. I don't really play games on my mobile (although there are definitely some good games people should give a try on there). So when I see that the 3DS had such a healthy library, I'm kind of hoping Switch can do the same.

@aroxx_ab: It's silly. You have to use these silly friend codes. This will be deprecated later when they properly launch their online service. Right now it's totally lacking. :(