Super Mario Galaxy: Really Bad

• 173 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 MrEpyx
Member since 2007 • 716 Posts

Screen showing the galaxies i've unlocked:

Screen showing over 1000 star bits:

Pic of most of my GC/Wii & 360 games:

Pic of my 360 setup.. note that I own 2 360's (one is a backup!) and the HD-DVD drive:

Thank you to the Wii fanboys for calling me a fakeboy and saying I didn't even play the game! You make me feel all warm inside!

rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
[QUOTE="i_like_pizza"][QUOTE="saspool"]

I have to agree, I really did not enjoy SMG either. I think the reason why this game received such high rating and GOTY was because of the marketing behind it.

Willy105

Nintendo does the least marketing of any of the big 3, and Mario Galaxy was not heavily marketed at all.

Nintendo only made one commercial, and never aired it.

I recall seeing it. Once. xD
Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#103 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

I eh'd when I played it at the store.

I'll stick to TP and maybe Fire Emblem or something when I get mine.

saspool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 saspool
Member since 2006 • 128 Posts
[QUOTE="saspool"][QUOTE="legend26"][QUOTE="saspool"]

I have to agree, I really did not enjoy SMG either. I think the reason why this game received such high rating and GOTY was because of the marketing behind it.

legend26

marketing!? marketing?!?! dude LOOK at halo 3! i bearly saw eny marketing for smg

Who said Halo was a good game? Honestly I never played Halo on original Xbox so before Halo 3 came out I bought 1 and 2 off my friend and I thought it was trash; even though I did not enjoy halo 1 and 2 I bought 3 and I thought it was a little better than the previous 2 but it was still a terrible game. Not all marketing comes in the form of TV advertisement and just because this game is descendent of the Mario franchise it does not mean its good. These companies are just selling these games because of their reputation not because they offer anything new.

im talking about u saying that mario galaxy had tons of marketing, thats not true. look at halo 3, i see halo action figures, slurpee cups!, movie thearter adds, tv commercials evey 5 seconds, huge bannors at vg stores everywhere. mario galaxy had little to n addvertisement. i diddnt say halos a good game iether

Yes it did not have as big of marketing as Halo and as a result it did not move as many copies. Just because Halo had a bigger marketing campaign does not imply there was no marketing behind it SMG. The bottom line is I believe this games success was the result of Nintendo's past and present marketing strategies. If you look there are as many and more Mario products as there Halo ones, as a result Nintendo does not need to advertise as heavily as Halo does. None the less this game wasn't for me and in my opinion it did not deserve the game of the year title.

T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts
OH SH**, You posted pics!! That must mean everything you said is true and valid!
Hockey_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Hockey_Slayer
Member since 2004 • 3213 Posts
So let me guess, your gonna pass SMg in 6 hours like every other fakeboy on here. AMIRITE?
Avatar image for gearsofhalogeek
gearsofhalogeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#108 gearsofhalogeek
Member since 2007 • 1020 Posts

anyone remember the commercial from the 80s for supermario 3? the one with the kids shouting: "MARIO, MARIO, MARIO!!!!"

if no one is old enough to remember look it up online, it reminds me of what the wii messageboard members would look like if they had a convention

oh and nintendo used to be the biggest marketing ho back then... they put the first available gameplay video of mario 3 in the wizard movie. (has this changed since then?)

anonymoussum1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 anonymoussum1
Member since 2006 • 771 Posts

Ok, this is the game I was praying to make me want to keep my Wii. After the travesty that is Metroid 3, I was hoping Super Mario Galaxy would be the game that would make me want to play my Wii again.

Needless to say I was extremely hopeful after GS claimed it to be the Holy Grail of gaming for 2007.

I am on the Bee Galaxy which is like the 2nd galaxy in the game. I am bored to tears and my left hand is cramped from holding the crappy nunchuck. PLEASE TELL ME IT GETS BETTER.

Challenging? No.. In fact I have over 30 extra lives at this point. The game is so not fun the whole thing feels like an absolute chore.

You can't possibly know how annoying this game is. You have zero control of the camera, yet the game relies on you moving around 3D "planets".. sometimes you are upside down, sometimes you are sideways, and sometimes you are right-side up. This is AWFUL!

The story isn't funny, the story isn't even slightly amusing. Its the same crappy Mario story that Nintendo has been shoveling in our face for years.

Honestly, if this is GOTY material I am not amused.

MASS EFFECT
BIOSHOCK
CALL OF DUTY 4
HALO 3
CRYSIS
ASSASSIN'S CREED

All of these games show more innovation and craftsmanship in their first levels than what I've seen in the first 6 of SMG. I guess we know where all that money Nintendo is making is going to... Paying off reviewers.

MrEpyx

The later galaxies are a lot better, the Bee galaxy was just annoying.

MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 MrEpyx
[QUOTE="MrEpyx"]

Pic of my 360 setup.. note that I own 2 360's (one is a backup!) and the HD-DVD drive:

Thank you to the Wii fanboys for calling me a fakeboy and saying I didn't even play the game! You make me feel all warm inside!

CerealEater

1) Those pics might not be yours.
2) You could easily have 2 save files as the star number is not shown.
3) Your hemorrhoids might be flarring up again.

Edit: Forgot 4) If those pics are indeed yours, we made you waste time by taking pictures.

1. get a life. I put a piece of paper in front of the screen with my GS name on it.

2. You mean this save file:

3. Consider yourself double-pwnt.

EddyPee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 EddyPee
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]Denial, I'm sorry that Lair and Halo 3 didn't win.MrEpyx

I'm not saying Halo 3 or Lair should have won. I am saying SMG SHOULDN'T HAVE. Shouldn't even have been a nominee. Seriously.. this game is broken in many ways... 30 extralives already?? come on!

But I thought that in Bioshock, which you nominated, when you die you go a few rooms back to the save place, but all the enemies have already been weakened by you; for example, enemies killed AFTER you save are still dead when you die and try again. And you can die infinite times. So its not so much dying as being whisked back a few rooms, having health and ammo replenished, and being sent forth once more to finish the job.

Infinite extra lives already? Come on.

Notsogr8one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Notsogr8one
Member since 2004 • 3739 Posts
Come on guys... there was a little story what with the Star Mom losing her mom and such.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="peter1191"]What the hell? At least put EFFORT into your posts. That game=amazing, and yes, I have a Wii, and I think it is the worst console of the 3 so far (software wise). Yet I have played, beat, and enjoyed, the awesomeness that is SMG.MrEpyx

what the heck does me clearly explaining with examples of what I dislike about the game have to do with a lack of effort in my post? Stop being so desperate to defend a really bad game.

So if Super Mario Galaxy is "a really bad game" then what are all the other games that came out this generation? I mean, if this is the highest rated game of this generation and the second highest rated game of all time and it is "a really bad game" then every single other game out there is an absolute piece of crap. Furthermore, every single professional reviewer out there is wrong according to you. It wouldn't just be GameSpot which would be acceptable, no, it would be every single professional reviewer. Additionally, the game has not received even a single score below 90%. So yea, you just don't like it. Too bad. Still doesn't change the fact that this game rocks.

DGM09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 DGM09
Member since 2003 • 432 Posts
[QUOTE="CerealEater"][QUOTE="MrEpyx"]

MrEpyx

1) Those pics might not be yours.
2) You could easily have 2 save files as the star number is not shown.
3) Your hemorrhoids might be flarring up again.

Edit: Forgot 4) If those pics are indeed yours, we made you waste time by taking pictures.

1. get a life. I put a piece of paper in front of the screen with my GS name on it.

2. You mean this save file:

3. Consider yourself double-pwnt.

See 4). Kthx.

Your Mii's fugly, btw.

rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#116 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
Fakeboy? You can manipulate the camera. You obviously don't like Platformers. You have 30 extra lives? How does that work on the second galaxy? I didn't die once up until that point and collected almost everything and I didn't have that many lives....
MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 MrEpyx
[QUOTE="MrEpyx"]

[QUOTE="peter1191"]What the hell? At least put EFFORT into your posts. That game=amazing, and yes, I have a Wii, and I think it is the worst console of the 3 so far (software wise). Yet I have played, beat, and enjoyed, the awesomeness that is SMG.Hexagon_777

what the heck does me clearly explaining with examples of what I dislike about the game have to do with a lack of effort in my post? Stop being so desperate to defend a really bad game.

So if Super Mario Galaxy is "a really bad game" then what are all the other games that came out this generation? I mean, if this is the highest rated game of this generation and the second highest rated game of all time and it is "a really bad game" then every single other game out there is an absolute piece of crap. Furthermore, every single professional reviewer out there is wrong according to you. It wouldn't just be GameSpot which would be acceptable, no, it would be every single professional reviewer. Additionally, the game has not received even a single score below 90%. So yea, you just don't like it. Too bad. Still doesn't change the fact that this game rocks.

When the average game reviewer gets paid peanuts, its not hard to "earn" a high review score these days. Unless you're Jeff Gerstmann.

gearsofhalogeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 gearsofhalogeek

Come on guys... there was a little story what with the Star Mom losing her mom and such.Notsogr8one

LMAO funniest thing ive read in a while thank you!

no but seriously i had fun with this game even though i found a few things wrong with it, it had fun gameplay

MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 MrEpyx

Fakeboy? You can manipulate the camera. You obviously don't like Platformers. You have 30 extra lives? How does that work on the second galaxy? I didn't die once up until that point and collected almost everything and I didn't have that many lives....rolo107

Manipulate the camera? Dude, get over it. Seriously.

MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 MrEpyx

Your Mii's fugly, btw.

CerealEater

Wow.. just wow. I know I pwnt you pretty severely, but you know you've really upset someone when they start insulting your Mii.

DGM09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 DGM09
Member since 2003 • 432 Posts
[QUOTE="CerealEater"]

Your Mii's fugly, btw.

MrEpyx

Wow.. just wow. I know I pwnt you pretty severely, but you know you've really upset someone when they start insulting your Mii.

See 4).

And it is fugly.

Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#122 Tsug_Ze_Wind
Member since 2006 • 9511 Posts

You have 6 stars and 1000 star bits.

Here's your problem: You aren't advancing in the game. I'd think it was terrible too if I for some reason felt obligated to collect mass amounts of star bits in the second level for two hours.

gearsofhalogeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 gearsofhalogeek
[QUOTE="CerealEater"]

Your Mii's fugly, btw.

MrEpyx

LMAO

MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 MrEpyx
[QUOTE="MrEpyx"][QUOTE="CerealEater"]

Your Mii's fugly, btw.

CerealEater

See 4).

And it is fugly.

aww I think I upset someone!

grandlx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 grandlx2
Member since 2004 • 458 Posts

lol i cant believe you guys made 11 pages of replies, to some kid crying on the internet for attention.

It's obvious he hasn't played the game, and it's painfully obvious his just doing it to bring his posts count up, and get attention from the sheeps.

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

MrEpyx
all that realy says it that u diddnt even concintrate on getting stars, only starbets:lol:. u can do that, it would take a while to 1000 but its not impossible. also u only unlocked the first galaxy?:?thatsays u diddnt even play the whole game! finish it before u bash it!
Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Tsug_Ze_Wind

The Mii is kind of fugly. Then again, not every Mii can be as handsome as my sexy avatar.

T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 T3H_1337_N1NJ4

lol i cant believe you guys made 11 pages of replies, to some kid crying on the internet for attention.

It's obvious he hasn't played the game, and it's painfully obvious his just doing it to bring his posts count up, and get attention from the sheeps.

grandlx2

I think you're missing who's having fun here.

MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 MrEpyx

legend26
all that realy says it that u diddnt even concintrate on getting stars, only starbets:lol:. u can do that, it would take a while to 1000 but its not impossible. also u only unlocked the first galaxy?:?thatsays u diddnt even play the whole game! finish it before u bash it!

I didn't feel that I was staying in one spot too long.. I like to complete things... If I rushed through, it would be even less enjoyable than it already is. Are you saying that I should just blow through the levels to get the stars and just get the game overwith?

MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 MrEpyx
[QUOTE="grandlx2"]

T3H_1337_N1NJ4

I think you're missing who's having fun here.

Hey, when a game sucks this bad, you have to get your fun on SW!

Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Tsug_Ze_Wind

[QUOTE="legend26"]all that realy says it that u diddnt even concintrate on getting stars, only starbets:lol:. u can do that, it would take a while to 1000 but its not impossible. also u only unlocked the first galaxy?:?thatsays u diddnt even play the whole game! finish it before u bash it!MrEpyx

I didn't feel that I was staying in one spot too long.. I like to complete things... If I rushed through, it would be even less enjoyable than it already is. Are you saying that I should just blow through the levels to get the stars and just get the game overwith?

It would make your argument a lot more credible.

Seriously though, if you like to complete everything, it's a really ****ing long game.

Sir-Marwin105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Sir-Marwin105
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts
Why bother?
guidono123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#134 guidono123
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts
You have some serious issues. There something really wrong with you ( and i isn only your gaming preferences)
Sir-Marwin105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Sir-Marwin105
You have some serious issues. There something really wrong with you ( and i isn only your gaming preferences)guidono123
It is quite obvious he hates fun.
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
You're pretty much all alone in this assessment. :?
grandlx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 grandlx2

All that needs to be said to this guy is... You 360 fanboys are great laugh material.

And the type of people who make this topics obviously have ADD. Not to insult you, but you're actually replying to people in hopes to keep them posting. Kind of sad. And Look at how many shooter 360 games you got.. Wow go get some sun light.

You do realize you're turning in to a loner, and someone who likes violent games too much. You know who liked violent games and played that many games too? Watch the news, for teenagers shooting students at schools.

Take a break from your 360, before it's too late. You obviously have a sick obsession with shooters.

MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 MrEpyx

You have some serious issues. There something really wrong with you ( and i isn only your gaming preferences)guidono123

I know.. who in their right mind would waste there money on this pathetic game? LOL!

let me know when SSBB is out so I can bash yet another substandard Nintendo product! Now I have to go play with something less kiddy like COD4 to make me forget I wasted $50 on this crap.

T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 T3H_1337_N1NJ4

[QUOTE="guidono123"]You have some serious issues. There something really wrong with you ( and i isn only your gaming preferences)MrEpyx

I know.. who in their right mind would waste there money on this pathetic game? LOL!

let me know when SSBB is out so I can bash yet another substandard Nintendo product! Now I have to go play with something less kiddy like COD4 to make me forget I wasted $50 on this crap.

Go ahead, we'll be laughing here!

MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 MrEpyx

All that needs to be said to this guy is... You 360 fanboys are great laugh material.

And the type of people who make this topics obviously have ADD. Not to insult you, but you're actually replying to people in hopes to keep them posting. Kind of sad. And Look at how many shooter 360 games you got.. Wow go get some sun light.

You do realize you're turning in to a loner, and someone who likes violent games too much. You know who liked violent games and played that many games too? Watch the news, for teenagers shooting students at schools.

Take a break from your 360, before it's too late. You obviously have a sick obsession with shooters.

grandlx2

Thank you, Dr. Freud. I'm glad that you've taken time from your precious and obviously fulfilling life to diagnose a stranger's ills on a video game forum.

Sir-Marwin105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Sir-Marwin105

[QUOTE="guidono123"]You have some serious issues. There something really wrong with you ( and i isn only your gaming preferences)MrEpyx

You have an opinion. ;)
grandlx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 grandlx2
[QUOTE="grandlx2"]

MrEpyx

Thank you, Dr. Freud. I'm glad that you've taken time from your precious and obviously fulfilling life to diagnose a stranger's ills on a video game forum.

Anyone who has 2 xbox 360s to keep playing shooters none stop has social issues.

And the vast majority will agree.

Jimmi323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Jimmi323
Member since 2006 • 870 Posts

Also, what kind of hideously arthritic claws do you have if you can't play 20 minutes of smg without getting cramps?

haunt9

Beautiful.

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

ya like to go on teh internetz and bash games for fun heh? what a life:roll:
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

#1 You're a fake boy so this really doesn't matter becuase you've been complaining about SMG since November and I find it hard to beleive that after 2 months you only made it past the first galaxy.

#2 You're judging the game off the first what? 30 min? Hour?

grandlx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 grandlx2
[QUOTE="haunt9"]

Also, what kind of hideously arthritic claws do you have if you can't play 20 minutes of smg without getting cramps?

Jimmi323

Beautiful.

Yeah the pics his shown only shows a huge shooter 360 collection, 2 360s (sick shooter obsession again). And 2 wii games.

And the game his bashing, shows that he doesn't even have 10 stars when he made this topic for attention. Let alone opened 10% of the game.

His just a 360 fanboy, who probably got a wii for x-mas. And since that day, he probably kept itching every second to come make a post on the forums to bash the wii. social reject? perhaps.

MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 MrEpyx
[QUOTE="MrEpyx"]

[QUOTE="guidono123"]You have some serious issues. There something really wrong with you ( and i isn only your gaming preferences)legend26

ya like to go on teh internetz and bash games for fun heh? what a life:roll:

And I suppose you're on SW because its educational and full of friendly discussion.

When the wii fanboys get pwnt, the next thing they resort to is attacking people for posting in SW in the first place. What comes after that? Attacking people for being born?

web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#148 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts
:lol: You only have 6 stars. Play for more than 10 minutes before you form an opinion on the game.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

meh...it's not my fault you went into the game with a negative mindset. Either thator your just trying to get attention by bagging on the best game of the year.

But whatever....GOTY on GS....97% on Gamerankings.

go cry some moar.

MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 MrEpyx
[QUOTE="Jimmi323"][QUOTE="haunt9"]

grandlx2

Beautiful.

Yeah the pics his shown only shows a huge shooter 360 collection, 2 360s (sick shooter obsession again). And 2 wii games.

And the game his bashing, shows that he doesn't even have 10 stars when he made this topic for attention. Let alone opened 10% of the game.

His just a 360 fanboy, who probably got a wii for x-mas. And since that day, he probably kept itching every second to come make a post on the forums to bash the wii. social reject? perhaps.

Yet YOU keep coming back for more because you just can't get enough! But rather than having a civil debate, you argue that someone is a social reject or some other mental or psychological problem. Nice! Strange that you don't see any irony in your comments.