Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Eurogamer not impressed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-24-ultra-street-fighter-2-the-final-challengers-review

But what claws at my disappointment, dragging it down into angry territory, is how much Nintendo charges for all this. £35 is an astonishing price to ask people to pay for what is, essentially, a 23-year-old game with online play. On Amazon, Injustice 2, perhaps the most fully-featured fighting game ever made, is only a fiver more expensive on PS4 at £40. Street Fighter 5 is £15.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#2 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Street Flopper V and Ultra Street Flopper 2....time to close up shop.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#3 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

But what claws at my disappointment, dragging it down into angry territory, is how much Nintendo charges for all this. £35 is an astonishing price to ask people to pay for what is, essentially, a 23-year-old game with online play.

Why are they blaming Nintendo? It's a Capcom game, Nintendo isn't even a distributor.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kvally

@nintendoboy16 said:

But what claws at my disappointment, dragging it down into angry territory, is how much Nintendo charges for all this. £35 is an astonishing price to ask people to pay for what is, essentially, a 23-year-old game with online play.

Why are they blaming Nintendo? It's a Capcom game, Nintendo isn't even a distributor.

Are you saying that Nintendo doesn't have a say in the price of the game? I know that MS and Sony have price requirements.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

It should have been a street fighter collection at that price. Otherwise they should have thrown it onto the eshop for $20. Forty bucks is just too much.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

@kvally said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Are you saying that Nintendo doesn't have a say in the price of the game? I know that MS and Sony have price requirements.

Not saying that, but I'm sure as hell Capcom is still the damn publisher. Pretty sure third party publishers also have a say about the prices of their games (like Square Enix and their damage control for why they overcharged for the Wii U version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution).

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@kvally said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Capcom has always been the one's increasing insane prices on there license games, Nintendo has nothing to do with the price.

Edit: Not just capcom, but other 3rd party are the one's who call the shots, take Square Enix for example, they charge for the full game late PS4 port.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kvally

@davillain- said:
@kvally said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Capcom has always been the one's increasing insane prices on there license games, Nintendo has nothing to do with the price.

I didn't know Nintendo didn't have a say in the pricing. I wonder why MS and Sony do, and Nintendon't.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide: Giving the fact this is Crapcom were dealing with, I'm not all shock or surprise by the insane prices there charging. This is the reason why I'm avoiding MvC Infinite and wait for a sale.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Blame isn't on Nintendo for this one, but yeah, pretty lame.

It's basically a modified (to its detriment) version of 2008's HD Remix, which was only 15 bucks to begin with. Which was already a heavily modified version of a game that's over two decades old. And it's being released on a platform with no proper input devices for fighting games as of now, and no real fighting game community.

I'm a sucker for Street Fighter, so I'll eventually pick it up, but not now, and not at that price.

If you just want single player Super Turbo there are better options on PS3, 360, and PC. If you want multiplayer Super Turbo, the best option for that is and always will be on PC.

ColinPapernick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ColinPapernick
Member since 2017 • 14 Posts

@kvally: What is he saying? I don't get it.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kvally

@colinpapernick said:

@kvally: What is he saying? I don't get it.

Hey, what's up sexy. I like your avatar.

Avatar image for deactivated-592eb1f2b4367
deactivated-592eb1f2b4367

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 deactivated-592eb1f2b4367
Member since 2017 • 168 Posts

I already have HD Remix so I will pass on this. I spent way more time playing Third Strike than the other Street Fighter games. Smash Bros Melee has the most hours overall, but that's because my friends are way more into Smash Bros than other fighting games.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Yeah it is too pricey but I love my Street Fighter so it's something that I'll get.

ColinPapernick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ColinPapernick
Member since 2017 • 14 Posts

@kvally: Okay? Nevermind.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Ohh... the problem is the price. I thought we were talking about games in here.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kvally

@enzyme36 said:

Wrong forum.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By enzyme36

@kvally: lol... funny and true

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

SF2 is a great game, so I feel conflicted in hoping that it doesn't sell. I really don't want to see more remakes of SNES games selling for $40, though.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Interesting you mention this, because this weekend I played a lot of MKX, hadn't really had the time to play it much before. I am floored by the amount of game modes and content....the campaign alone is quite superb. I know they have their dlc nonsense, but I couldn't help and remember how anemic Capcom fighters are, features-wise, in comparison.

Capcom still has the better gameplay in my book, but the effort to deliver content and features seems like a lost cause with them. Well done Netherealm, respect for effort

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

If you want it then fork over the moola.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

Why are gamers so eager to throw money at old crap ?

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kvally

@R4gn4r0k said:

Why are gamers so eager to throw money at old crap ?

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

Once again the switch demonstrates that the only thing it's good for is Zelda. After that, it's a paper weight.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ConanTheStoner

@enzyme36 said:

That's just the problem though. You'd be getting the most watered down version of the game, SLOWED DOWN WITH NO SPEED OPTION, no "old" characters edition select, back to completely busted Akuma, stored supers are out, softened throws are out in exchange for techs, things that are crucial to the games balance, but without being rebalanced to take those huge factors into account, no sweet ass GGPO netcode...

The list goes on, it's just one poor choice after another. So wanting people to buy what will more than likely be the worst version of ST to date, but at the highest price the game has sold for since the early 90s?

Yeah, I think you can understand why price does matter here lol.

lllll1lll2ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lllll1lll2ll
Member since 2017 • 107 Posts

@kvally said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

true. That's why you often find physical copies of games selling for $20 new but then you go to the PSN store and they still cost $60... But muh digital future!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#29 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

@metalslimenite said:

@ConanTheStoner: Check this vid out and tell me what you think.

Loading Video...

Comes across as about impartial as a Nazi at a Hitler rally.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@metalslimenite:

You could just try to refute my points rather than linking me to a video in an attempt to defend a game that you only care about because it's coming to Switch. And if this is really going to devolve into dick measuring other peoples opinions, then I'll gladly link you to people who carry much more weight in the SF2 community who share my sentiments.

But sure, I'll give it a watch.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9728 Posts

@metalslimenite said:

@uninspiredcup: There's no way you had time to fully watch it from the time I posted it.

Anyways.. Conan says it's the worst version, RGT85 says it's the best version. I wonder who's right?

Conan

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Yea I'l pass on this trash.

Already picking up Disgaea 5 this week... worth far more.. only £5 more lol

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ConanTheStoner
@metalslimenite said:

How could I do that when I've not played the game? Why are you so defensive when I'm simply asking you for your opinion?

Because I saw you say this:

Anyways.. Conan says it's the worst version, RGT85 says it's the best version. I wonder who's right?

And it's not the first time some Nintendo fan on SW tried leaning on some YT personality to argue this game with me.

@metalslimenite said:

He's played the game for 10 hours, how much time have you spent with it, out of curiosity?

None. But this isn't some brand spanking new game either, it's a game that I've played all versions of over the span of roughly 25 years. Some of these system changes are clearly a move in the wrong direction, it's not rocket science lol.

Fun fact: Did you know that the main reason why Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo was made was because Super Street Fighter 2 vanilla was slower than Hyper Fighting? And that the fan backlash was so bad that they had to release Turbo to rectify that? So I don't need to play this game to know that a slower speed with no options is a bad move. I've already experienced that.

I don't need to play this game to know that the edition select being removed is a bad choice that limits character options.

I don't need to play this game to know that bringing back Akuma, only to have him in his busted original tournament banned form makes him a broken character in this game.

I don't need to play this game to know that throw teching removes throw loops that are key to some characters viability.

I don't need to play this game to know that stored supers are key to some characters viability.

---

Anyways, two minutes in and he's already bullshitting, loosely saying the game looks more "refined" than HD Remix. Saying he felt a disconnect on that version but "It looks great on the Switch!"

The graphics are literally the same lol.

I'll watch the rest and get back to you.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ConanTheStoner

@metalslimenite said:

But whatevs fella, if that's gonna be your attitude, then you can keep your opinions to yourself.

Nah, you asked and you shall receive.

So I watched the whole thing, and honestly, I'm not sure what made you decide to link me to that video after reading my comments. Has pretty much nothing to do with the stuff I said.

The video breaks down like this.

- He says it's worth the price, just because.

- He claims HD Remix's visuals were off, but that the game looks great on Switch... even though they're exactly the same.

- He says it's the best version because it has some superfluous modes.

- He says the controls work for him on the joycons.

- In almost an 8 minute video he doesn't even talk about any of the gameplay systems, or system changes at all.

?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ConanTheStoner

@metalslimenite:

I don't even consider myself "hardcore" at fighting games, I'm a pretty casual player myself.

But sure, I can agree to an extent. This game seems to be more targeted at people who have nostalgia for SF2 rather than people who actually like playing ST regularly. Capcom sees this as a cash grab on a new system more than anything else, and whatevs, they're a business, it's all good.

But to call it the best version? To think it's worth the money when there are better versions out there that are either cheaper or free? Yeah, sorry lol.

I'll pick it up eventually, just because I can't skip a version of SF2. But any time I really want to play some ST it'll be on Fightcade or HD Remix.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ConanTheStoner

@metalslimenite:

Alright, alright, I feel like a dick now. Thanks bro.

I've just been through this so many times with iandizion, so I go on the offensive too easily now. Sorry for jumping on your case like that, you're not iandizion lol.

I'm sure it will be a fun game for most who pick it up, not denying that.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 enzyme36

@ConanTheStoner: I understand your point, and if you were hoping for tournament level of balance and a new contender for top game at EVO2017 then go ahead and pass on the purchase. I cant speak much of the comparisons you are making to the remix'd version of the game... but that is dwelling on all the negatives.

Since we are talking about value... to me I look at what is offered. I enjoy the tech throws from SFV. There are new game modes, including a coop offering. Im not sure what stored specials are... but now there are touch screen specials for the kids. Also 2 new fighters. For $40... I can see value for a respectable SF2 experience, on a portable device, with easy access to local co-op.

That's a reasonable price to pay. There are full price $60 minimum entry fee games out right now that have incomplete rosters, just as bad if not worse balance, where the online experience is just a spam fest. To each his own. It's hard to tell someone what is valuable to them.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ConanTheStoner

@metalslimenite:

lol yeah it happens. I snap on Aza on reaction sometimes, it's like a reflex.

Glad we squashed it here, until next time! ;)

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ConanTheStoner

@enzyme36 said:

To each his own. It's hard to tell someone what is valuable to them.

For sure, it's not my place to tell you or anyone else what's "worth it".

And shit, people still slam SFV even though it's one of my favorite games this gen, so obviously I give no fvcks lol. So you're right, value is up to the individual.

I guess what really drove it home with USF2 for me was playing a ton of SSF2T this past week or two. Slowing the game down is enough to make it a no-buy for me at the moment. That alone is a deal breaker for me. And while I have no problem with throw teching in games that were always built for it, I just can't get behind the way teching throws will change the core of SF2. Those are my main beefs with USF2, everything else is icing on the negativity cake.

So it's hard for me to see the value when I have other options that I prefer that are either cheaper or even free. But yeah that's just me, I shouldn't be telling what and what not to like lol.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I still can't get over the horrible art in the HD version of SF2, dear lord it looks like a high school kid diddling bad anime in his/her notebook during class. Add in that the HD makeover makes the animation look way off and jerky I'm not sure how anybody can play this game, and $40 for this when the ps3/360 version was $15 years ago lolol, wow.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ConanTheStoner

@vfighter said:

Add in that the HD makeover makes the animation look way off and jerky I'm not sure how anybody can play this game,

Yeah, that's what gets me the most about the new art. Like I think the art itself could be better of course, but it's not terrible. But the way it animates? Yeah, pretty terrible lol.

Sucks knowing that we could have had something like these or better:

But instead Capcom cheaped out and we got these:

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

but guys, violent Ken...

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ConanTheStoner

@aigis said:

but guys, violent Ken...

Replace Jar Jar with Violent Ken.

Loading Video...

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

Nintendo better cut some sort of deal to get Tekken 7 or they're gonna lose as far as fighting games go imo