VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Pedro: End of what race? Didn't realize sales automatically stopped after a certain date.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8856 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes: When it mattered, the 360 outsold the PS3. The PS3 "caught up" after the gen was over.

More games sold more on the 360; by a lot, if I remember.

The 360 had more 3rd party support than PS3.

So, really, does it matter that the PS3 "ended up" selling more? The underlining reason for caring about console sales is game support - especially since consoles are sold at a loss.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 dabear

@gifford38: @sheevpalpamemes: When it mattered, the 360 outsold the PS3. The PS3 "caught up" after the gen was over.

So, really, does it matter that the PS3 "ended up" selling more? The underlining reason for caring about console sales is game support - especially since consoles are sold at a loss.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 VFighter

@dabear: PS3 sold more consoles per month for almost all of it's later life and sold more consoles total, no amount of mental gymnastics is gonna change that.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By dabear

@vfighter:

PC360 was a thing.

The 360 had better 3rd party support and great 1st party.

Even if you are right, it just means Sony LOST MORE MONEY.

Suck it up and deal with it.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#106 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Put your hand up if you are playing Starfield when it releases.

No,not you Timmy,you only have a PlayStation,we have explained it to you umpteen times,ONLY ON PLATFORMS WHERE GAMEPASS EXISTS

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Kizza_Soze
Member since 2021 • 448 Posts

Oh, how funny it would be if this game came out more Andromeda than ME 1&2!!!! Buhahahahaha.

Be careful lemmings, this bragadocious sh!t has bitten you Stanboy's hard before, in fact all sides of the Stanboy fence have held games up before as the 2nd coming because they simply were exclusive, & then said games drops & bombs hard. It as always a possibility...and is always hilarious when it comes back to bite said Stan's.

This particular one would be extra funny & satisfying due to the scale of that zenimax acquisition & such..... So it would be ironic if some these studios had to be culled, joined & such due to flops, non high enough returns on big budget titles, etc...& the Stan's that laughed about Japan Studios & several Sony & MS studios being abolished or delegated to making Kinect or Move games, may get the point that it can happen to anyone.....and fact is, MS have not had a good history with 1st party studios, etc... as historically creative freedom & studio creative control has not been something they've afforded.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 VFighter

@dabear: Lost more money? You really are clueless aren't you? MS lost money due to the RRoD, that mistake cost them billions all while the ps3 was making a profit for Sony (hardware mind you) after the first 3-4 years. The 360 also didn't have better 3rd party support after the 3rd (ish) year the ps3 was out and they also dropped the ball big time with first party support later in the consoles life. All this while Sony were pumping out hit after hit and companies were making the ps3 the lead machine for 3rd party games, man you really suck at this.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13666 Posts

@dabear said:

@sheevpalpamemes: When it mattered, the 360 outsold the PS3. The PS3 "caught up" after the gen was over.

Yep, PS3 kept running the racer after everyone was done with it and cows somehow claim a victory.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@gifford38 said:

why on earth did they spend 7.5 billion when the games was on there system anyways?

you know how many new studios they could of opened with 7.5 billion. I think it was a waste of money.

How was it a waste of money, Bethesda is made up of a lot of studios and tons of ips. In the long run it's well worth it.

Opening one good studio, find the talent, build them up and develop decent new ips takes years.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

@kizza_soze:

Not on PlayStation

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7172 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@gifford38 said:

why on earth did they spend 7.5 billion when the games was on there system anyways?

you know how many new studios they could of opened with 7.5 billion. I think it was a waste of money.

How was it a waste of money, Bethesda is made up of a lot of studios and tons of ips. In the long run it's well worth it.

Opening one good studio, find the talent, build them up and develop decent new ips takes years.

but those games would of been on the xbox anyways. im just saying. so they would of opened 7.5 billion worth of new studios and still had bethesda games on xbox.

no Im not mad at them because there not going to be on playstation. I will buy a series x if I want to play starfield which looks great. just seems like a waste of money thats all. I could see if they were making games just for PlayStation.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By dabear

@vfighter: The PS3 was last that entire gen except for the very end, when it no longer mattered.

The 360 had better 3rd party .

I was very active in SW during that entire gen. Every other week, there was another PC360 game out, and the cookie cutter cow response was "I can play that on PC!"

Because every cow that gen also has a gaming PC.

I am tired of arguing this with you. I was here for that generation, we're you?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 HalcyonScarlet

@gifford38 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@gifford38 said:

but those games would of been on the xbox anyways. im just saying. so they would of opened 7.5 billion worth of new studios and still had bethesda games on xbox.

no Im not mad at them because there not going to be on playstation. I will buy a series x if I want to play starfield which looks great. just seems like a waste of money thats all. I could see if they were making games just for PlayStation.

Two things, not necessarily with Sony buying up timed exclusives like Deathloop.

And they did it to gain an advantage over other streaming services in the future controlling where these games go. It'll do more to gain support for their platform in the future, like having the Elder Scrolls series exclusive for example.

If MS is going to compete anytime soon against PS and getting people on Gamepass, building their own studios isn't going to do it. Gamepass will only work when there's enough people buying it. It could take ten or more years to build a studio from scratch and hope they're decent enough to make content that's system or Gamepass seller quality.

Just getting the games isn't going to move any fans from competitors if they can get the games anyway.

Plain and simple, sometimes Sony is better at developing studios. BUT they don't have worry about competition as much with that PS brand power and at the same time they're buying out studios, licences and timed exclusives. Sometimes they're megaton buys like Street Fighter 5 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

The Bethesda buy was perfect for MS, they needed it. It brings a lot of studios, talent, ips and variation to MSs line up. And with the way MS is planning to release games at a consistent rate now, there might never be another dry spell for the Xbox brand, because they'll always have someone working on something.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11797 Posts

@dabear said:

@vfighter: The PS3 was last that entire gen except for the very end, when it no longer mattered.

The 360 had better 3rd party .

I was very active in SW during that entire gen. Every other week, there was another PC360 game out, and the cookie cutter cow response was "I can play that on PC!"

Because every cow that gen also has a gaming PC.

I am tired of arguing this with you. I was here for that generation, we're you?

I remember those days too. The only third party support advantage that PS3 had over the X360 was having Japanese 3rd party games but even then that was the same generation where major Japanese IPs like Street Fighter, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil and Final Fantasy started coming to Xbox and I remember the rage from playstation fanboys over that.

The 360 was much easier to develop for which is why during the first 3-4 years of the generation there was many third party games that were X360 console exclusive or only came to the PS3 at least 6 months to a year after launching on the X360. Even in Japanese games the Xbox 360 had better performance. The cell processor was such a pain in the ass to develop for. Sony thought that the cell processor being difficult to develop games for would make developers focus on their resources on developing PS3 versions of games and have them be PS3 exclusives due to exhausting all their resources on the PS3 version. It did the exact opposite.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 clone01  Online
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@templecow90999 said:

TC that doesn't matter. Every PS5 owner in the world also owns a high end PC

that's the truth. Just ask any Sony fanboy and they'll tell you all about it.