Star Ocean 4 = 360 and FF13= PS3, Which will be better ?

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts

Star Ocean 4 will be coming to the PS3. It just hasn't been announced yet. It's a timed exclusive, meaning Square will keep their mouths shut about the PS3 version for a while.AmyMizuno

Yeah, but dont tell teh Lemmings. Theyll yell "Nuhuh' At you so much youll ehad explode.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Coyo7e"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Coyo7e"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

The sales of all the Star Oceans combined equal to about halfof one Final Fantasy game. (not hating just pointing out the obivious).

Which will be better? Who knows, but if I had to bet -- well I think it's too obvious to say.

I've never played Star Ocean, and it's a good thing SO4 is a prequel, cuz then i can finally try it out without being lost storywise.

Coyo7e

Your opinion is full of win considering you have never even play a SO game. Gah, does anyone even try anymore?

The only history/facts you have at your disposal are sales numbers, which do not equal a better game only more sales, and a one sided view of the games themselves.

A better game is based off ur opinion ya? Then this argument can never be settled.

But history shows SO as a high A-AA francise, while everymain installment of FF is a AAA title on gamerankings. Not my opinion, but the clear majority of professional critics.

But if you enjoy SO more than FF, how am I supposed to disagree?

I never said SO wasn't good. I just said if you had to bet money, FF is the obvious choice.

Sales aren't opinion either, and while they don't reflect how good a game is -- they definately reflect a game's popularity and how many people enjoy them.

I never said one or the other will be better. Only that it's foolish to assume one will be greater then the other long before they are even out.

I do not know about you guys but I have been burned before on the next installment of a series I loved or a sequal not being near as good as I had hoped.

I am suggesting that any JRPG fan should thrilled that the genre is getting so much attention. FF games are great, I love them, but they do not constitute the entire genre nor should anyone assume it will automatically be better,

Then how the hell are you taking anything I said offensive? I never said anything bad about SO, or that FF is sure to be better.

I just said if you had to bet money, you'd be silly not to say FF.

Is that so bad?

When you have never played an SO game ya, I think it is lame.

I personally have liked the FF games a lot more then SO. I also find the FF13 picks really awesome. However, I still have not formed an opinion on where FF has been headed as I am still working on finishing FF12. I picked up persona 3 when I was about 15 hours in and got totally side tracked by that game. Which kind of says volumes to me.

I need to finish FF12 and see how much it grows on me but I personally want FF more. But I am not prepared to say it will better. Based off screens alone I can not come to a conclusion.

Both have me pumped though. Despite poor sales for the genre as a whole there is a lot to look forward to over the next few years.

That's exactly why I didn't make any negative comments about SO -- just clean and obvious facts about two different franchises, and because they were in favor of FF even though I haven't played SO -- that's lame?

It shouldn't matter if I've played either if that's all I'm giving.

I think you misunderstood, but it's all good.

I agree it's great news for the genre, but you say you're not prepared so say if FF13 will be better than SO4 yet, no one could. However, you have to understand that if you were called out to make a bet now, how could you not say FF13?

Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Coyo7e
Member since 2005 • 3672 Posts
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

I really hope u dont think the first pic is in-game. And I REALLY hope you know the 2nd pic is in-game.

VanHelsingBoA64

Of course not. It was just to prove the point that coyote can't just post some (or in this case someone else did) sit back and pretty much say "NOW PROVE ME WRONG!" without looking like an idiot.

Nobody even remotely presented an attitude like that.

jeffdoomsday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 jeffdoomsday
Member since 2008 • 1023 Posts
Well Final Fantasy 11, X-2, 12 and all of the final fantasy spin offs were disappointing, I haven't played a great final fantasy since 10 and I always felt that Star Ocean 3: Till the end of time is very underrated so I personally think Star Ocean 4 is gonna be better than Final Fantasy 13 altough Final Fantasy 13 will probably sell more because it has a gigantic fanbase.
Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Coyo7e
[QUOTE="Coyo7e"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Coyo7e"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Coyo7e"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

The sales of all the Star Oceans combined equal to about halfof one Final Fantasy game. (not hating just pointing out the obivious).

Which will be better? Who knows, but if I had to bet -- well I think it's too obvious to say.

I've never played Star Ocean, and it's a good thing SO4 is a prequel, cuz then i can finally try it out without being lost storywise.

Koalakommander

Your opinion is full of win considering you have never even play a SO game. Gah, does anyone even try anymore?

The only history/facts you have at your disposal are sales numbers, which do not equal a better game only more sales, and a one sided view of the games themselves.

A better game is based off ur opinion ya? Then this argument can never be settled.

But history shows SO as a high A-AA francise, while everymain installment of FF is a AAA title on gamerankings. Not my opinion, but the clear majority of professional critics.

But if you enjoy SO more than FF, how am I supposed to disagree?

I never said SO wasn't good. I just said if you had to bet money, FF is the obvious choice.

Sales aren't opinion either, and while they don't reflect how good a game is -- they definately reflect a game's popularity and how many people enjoy them.

I never said one or the other will be better. Only that it's foolish to assume one will be greater then the other long before they are even out.

I do not know about you guys but I have been burned before on the next installment of a series I loved or a sequal not being near as good as I had hoped.

I am suggesting that any JRPG fan should thrilled that the genre is getting so much attention. FF games are great, I love them, but they do not constitute the entire genre nor should anyone assume it will automatically be better,

Then how the hell are you taking anything I said offensive? I never said anything bad about SO, or that FF is sure to be better.

I just said if you had to bet money, you'd be silly not to say FF.

Is that so bad?

When you have never played an SO game ya, I think it is lame.

I personally have liked the FF games a lot more then SO. I also find the FF13 picks really awesome. However, I still have not formed an opinion on where FF has been headed as I am still working on finishing FF12. I picked up persona 3 when I was about 15 hours in and got totally side tracked by that game. Which kind of says volumes to me.

I need to finish FF12 and see how much it grows on me but I personally want FF more. But I am not prepared to say it will better. Based off screens alone I can not come to a conclusion.

Both have me pumped though. Despite poor sales for the genre as a whole there is a lot to look forward to over the next few years.

That's exactly why I didn't make any negative comments about SO -- just clean and obvious facts about two different franchises, and because they were in favor of FF even though I haven't played SO -- that's lame?

It shouldn't matter if I've played either if that's all I'm giving.

I think you misunderstood, but it's all good.

I agree it's great news for the genre, but you say you're not prepared so say if FF13 will be better than SO4 yet, no one could. However, you have to understand that if you were called out to make a bet now, how could you not say FF13?

Like I said, I was totally side tracked by Persona 3. A game which, if someone had described to me before I played it, I would have thought to myself about how much I despise elements like that in my RPG's. Like random dungeons. I love P3 though.

That aside I really can not form a proper opinion on FF yet other then to say thus far I am disappointed with FF12.

I was to harsh, you were just answering the question posed by the TC. I just despise these questions now, maybe thats it. Gamers these days like to speculate way to much and I think it closes people minds.

Besides, our loyalty's should be to the genre. I prefer not to speculate on anything other then screens or something to that effect. IMO the first three SO screen likely are in game. I could be wrong but that is the only I will speculate on at this point.

This seems like a 360 vs. ps3 debate more then a SO vs. FF debate.

I was to harsh though, sorry.

Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Coyo7e

Well Final Fantasy 11, X-2, 12 and all of the final fantasy spin offs were disappointing, I haven't played a great final fantasy since 10 and I always felt that Star Ocean 3: Till the end of time is very underrated so I personally think Star Ocean 4 is gonna be better than Final Fantasy 13 altough Final Fantasy 13 will probably sell more because it has a gigantic fanbase.jeffdoomsday

I actually like FF10 the most out of any FF. But I did not play FF7 until well after it's time so I am not a good judge of that game. I do really like it though. In fact, it is on my list of games to play this year, which would make it my second play through.

FF9 was ok. FF11 was cool but does not really count to me because it is an MMO. I need to finish ff12 before I have a proper opinion but thus far I am disappointed.

Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
Oh so Star Ocean sucks now?
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

Comparing a series with a 13 AAA streak to an AA series? Final Fantasy is clearly the better one. SO is still great though, I hope you 360 fans get a good taste of a great JRPG.Droopeh

13 AAA streak? :lol:

kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#59 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts
star ocean 4 will be coming to ps3 to duh
Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts
[QUOTE="VanHelsingBoA64"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

I really hope u dont think the first pic is in-game. And I REALLY hope you know the 2nd pic is in-game.

Coyo7e

Of course not. It was just to prove the point that coyote can't just post some (or in this case someone else did) sit back and pretty much say "NOW PROVE ME WRONG!" without looking like an idiot.

Nobody even remotely presented an attitude like that.

Instead of proving that the screens posted were in-game instead of CGI, you said "Right, it's all lies" or something like that. It seemed to me as if you were saying "Well, if know ones proved me wrong, then it must be true!"

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

it's perfectly ok for cows to talk as if the game if the game isnt an exclusive to the 360 with thou they developers havent announced the ps3 version.

cows..do yourself a favor and stop saying it's not an exclusive before lemmings use this with the MGS4 argument.

GoreObsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 GoreObsessed
Member since 2004 • 8883 Posts
Im sure FFXIII will be better.
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Koalakommander

Like I said, I was totally side tracked by Persona 3. A game which, if someone had described to me before I played it, I would have thought to myself about how much I despise elements like that in my RPG's. Like random dungeons. I love P3 though.

That aside I really can not form a proper opinion on FF yet other then to say thus far I am disappointed with FF12.

I was to harsh, you were just answering the question posed by the TC. I just despise these questions now, maybe thats it. Gamers these days like to speculate way to much and I think it closes people minds.

Besides, our loyalty's should be to the genre. I prefer not to speculate on anything other then screens or something to that effect. IMO the first three SO screen likely are in game. I could be wrong but that is the only I will speculate on at this point.

Coyo7e

it's all good. FF12 is one of my favorites though =/.

It's a lot more fun when your gambits are well made, but the he first time I played FF12 i tried to play it as a normal FF, constantly pausing and choosing spells = hell.

But it's different, and not for everybody.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Umm im looking forward to FFXIII more, but they are both going to be great games...well i hope they will be.
Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Coyo7e
[QUOTE="Coyo7e"]

Koalakommander

It's a lot more fun when your gambits are well made, but the he first time I played FF12 i tried to play it as a normal FF, constantly pausing and choosing spells = hell.

I have yet to really explore the depth the game offers. I really need to finish before I can come to a true conclusion. I will say that before I got side tracked I was just starting to really get the chance to explore the game. I am about 15 hours in but I tend to take my sweet time playing RPG's so my 15 hours could be considerably less into the game then anothers 15 hours.

It is certainly deep though. I just miss the spectacle. I do not digest many reviews but I assume there are no summon spells in this FF, which I really miss. However, I read some place that they are coming back for 13.

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

Star Ocean 4 will be coming to the PS3. It just hasn't been announced yet. It's a timed exclusive, meaning Square will keep their mouths shut about the PS3 version for a while.AmyMizuno

Yea, but if you don't want to wait for Star Ocean: The Last hope to hit the PS3 in like 2010 or 11, I suggest buying it for the 360. I, gettting both because for me SO > FF for me personally. I do know that when it comes to quality though FF>SO.

Both will be big hits. This goes to you SO, hopefully the simi release date eill help it.

Shaqneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67 Shaqneel
Member since 2006 • 1413 Posts
Is this a serious question? FF 13 by a mile simply based on reviews of previous games. Not to mention, Final Fantasy is squares flagship series, and they'll always devote more time and money to it's production increasing the chances of hit. Sales, reviews, etc no matter how you slice it, FF 13 will be better.
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#68 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts
Better? Impossible to say, they are extremely different kinds of games.
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#69 f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts
Is this even a fair comparison? Final Fantasy....
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Andrew_Xavier

Is this even a fair comparison? Final Fantasy....f50p90

It's not honestly, I mean, both games EXCEL at their type of game, but, neither are similar.

It would be better to ask: FF VS 13 or SO4, which will be better? And the answer to that is simple: Star Ocean 4 by a country mile.

tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts

Make star ocean as good as star ocean 2 and Ill be happy.. Din't like SO3 =/

FF13 will probably be good but IDK.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Better? Impossible to say, they are extremely different kinds of games.Andrew_Xavier

Aw, cmon. Is this prospective damage control?

Star Ocean is my favorite RPG. I have them all, and I plan on getting a PSP for the remakes, However, I know the FF is better because they take big risks with all of their games by drastically changing the system in every FF. Star Ocean games keep the same awesome battle, skill, and item creation ideas. They are cool, but they do not expand as much as FF games.

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 hayato_

[QUOTE="f50p90"]Is this even a fair comparison? Final Fantasy....Andrew_Xavier

It's not honestly, I mean, both games EXCEL at their type of game, but, neither are similar.

It would be better to ask: FF VS 13 or SO4, which will be better? And the answer to that is simple: Star Ocean 4 by a country mile.

IMO I think Versus XIII will be better than XIII.

omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts
probably the one with the higher budget. but here's to hoping they turn out amazing (and that both become multi :P take that fanboys)
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#75 f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts
[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

[QUOTE="f50p90"]Is this even a fair comparison? Final Fantasy....hayato_

IMO I think Versus XIII will be better than XIII.

Yeah all games are too far off to tell anything but seriously. Final Fantasy is just >>>> SO
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Andrew_Xavier

[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]Better? Impossible to say, they are extremely different kinds of games.X_CAPCOM_X

Star Ocean is my favorite RPG. I have them all, and I plan on getting a PSP for the remakes, However, I know the FF is better because they take big risks with all of their games by drastically changing the system in every FF. Star Ocean games keep the same awesome battle, skill, and item creation ideas. They are cool, but they do not expand as much as FF games.

Damage control from what? I own a ps3 you surely understand, all my ratings are ps3 games, my blog features several ps3 entrys, lol, I'm just stating fact, they aren't comparable games.

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 hayato_

Damage control from what? I own a ps3 you surely understand, all my ratings are ps3 games, my blog features several ps3 entrys, lol, I'm just stating fact, they aren't comparable games.

Andrew_Xavier

Curious

How aren't they compariable??? I actually see them as good comparisons.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Andrew_Xavier
[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

hayato_

Curious

Completely different styles of games, both rpgs, but, SO has a different story set up, a completely different battle/inventory/skill system, different art style, everything about it is different than the FF series.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 X_CAPCOM_X
[QUOTE="X_CAPCOM_X"]

[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]Better? Impossible to say, they are extremely different kinds of games.Andrew_Xavier

I didn't say that you were a fanboy. It doesn't matter if you have a PS3. They are both RPGs, comparable in almost any way you can name. Character design, battle system, story (SO stories suck :( ), items, graphics (haha), NPCs, difficulty/challenge, etc.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 X_CAPCOM_X
[QUOTE="hayato_"][QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

Andrew_Xavier

Curious

Completely different styles of games, both rpgs, but, SO has a different story set up, a completely different battle/inventory/skill system, different art style, everything about it is different than the FF series.

Its still HAS a battle system, inventory setup, skills, equip screen just the way FF does. Please admit that you're wrong in this statement. With your logic, FFX and FFVII, FFXII and FFVI cannot be comprared.

leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 leadernator
Member since 2003 • 9064 Posts

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

why do xbox fans care about SO now? they certainly did not when SO3 came out on PS2...

and to add to that, SO3 was lame, with one of the lamest story twists in history.

now, all of the sudden, Star Ocean is in the same level as Final Fantasy? W. T. F.

did any of you see how lame Infinite Undiscovery looks? "SHUFFLING BOOTS!" :lol: same developers people :|

If dragon quest was exclusive to 360, then you lemms have an argument.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Andrew_Xavier
[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"][QUOTE="hayato_"][QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

X_CAPCOM_X

Curious

Its still HAS a battle system, inventory setup, skills, equip screen just the way FF does. Please admit that you're wrong in this statement. With your logic, FFX and FFVII, FFXII and FFVI cannot be comprared.

With that logic, we should be comparing Oblivion to FF XII, they both have battle systems, inventorys, skills, equip screens and storys right?

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts
your a sad person. All this false hope. oh well. Cows like to waitthat is why thye have a PS3.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts

why do xbox fans care about SO now? they certainly did not when SO3 came out on PS2...

and to add to that, SO3 was lame, with one of the lamest story twists in history.

now, all of the sudden, Star Ocean is in the same level as Final Fantasy? W. T. F.

did any of you see how lame Infinite Undiscovery looks? "SHUFFLING BOOTS!" :lol: same developers people :|

leadernator
IU will be one of the most, if not the most innovative JRPG this gen
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Coyo7e"]

Coyo7e

I have yet to really explore the depth the game offers. I really need to finish before I can come to a true conclusion. I will say that before I got side tracked I was just starting to really get the chance to explore the game. I am about 15 hours in but I tend to take my sweet time playing RPG's so my 15 hours could be considerably less into the game then anothers 15 hours.

It is certainly deep though. I just miss the spectacle. I do not digest many reviews but I assume there are no summon spells in this FF, which I really miss. However, I read some place that they are coming back for 13.

There are summons. You face them first as enemies and then the appear on the license board, there are also quickening which are basically chained overdrives. You must not be very far then

omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts

leadernator

i'm an xbox fan and i've always cared about JRPGs.

does that make your head explode?

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 X_CAPCOM_X
[QUOTE="X_CAPCOM_X"][QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

Andrew_Xavier

With that logic, we should be comparing Oblivion to FF XII, they both have battle systems, inventorys, skills, equip screens and storys right?

-And guess what: YOU CAN COMPARE THEM! They are both RPGs. It doesn't have to be the exact same game to compare.

leadernator

Yeah I thought that was strange, too. SO3 did have the lamest plot twist ever, but hey, it was a fun game if you ignored the characters and the story. I love the system of the game.

Also, Xbox fans wouldn't say anything unlike the PS3 SO fanbase if SO4 was coming out for PS3. I bet Xbox owners would just say "Oh, it's just SO" rather than "SO = FF" as some people are trying to say now. It's my favorite RPG, but I know FF is better.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#88 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
Never played a Star Ocean. I do plan to pick them up on the PSP when the come to the US. So right now I would have to say FF13.
Avatar image for flashattackfina
flashattackfina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 flashattackfina
Member since 2007 • 1468 Posts
FF13 would be better but SO is good too
Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Coyo7e
[QUOTE="Coyo7e"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Coyo7e"]

Koalakommander

There are summons. You face them first as enemies and then the appear on the license board, there are also quickening which are basically chained overdrives. You must not be very far then

Awesome. I am ...... crap I can not recall the details. I just recieved the princess as a group member and we are heading through the desert on our way to a dungeon. It is just after a story segment where they talk about her using her position as princess to spread her influence but without the stone ( or whatever was stolen from the vault at the start of the game) she can not prove her lineage and this is the first place they are heading out to start the search.

I keep a notebook with my current game saves just for this purpose but I did not write a few sentences to remind me of the exact plot at this point, which I should have.

Like, I just started using mist attacks.

I got really side tracked by persona 3 FES. I just fell in love with the game.

But this is a good example of why people should keep their trap shut until they finish the game. There is a good chance that while I am disappointed up to this point by the time it is all said I done I will do a total 180.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Coyo7e"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Coyo7e"]

Coyo7e

Awesome. I am ...... crap I can not recall the details. I just recieved the princess as a group member and we are heading through the desert on our way to a dungeon. It is just after a story segment where they talk about her using her position as princess to spread her influence but without the stone ( or whatever was stolen from the vault at the start of the game) she can not prove her lineage and this is the first place they are heading out to start the search.

I keep a notebook with my current game saves just for this purpose but I did not write a few sentences to remind me of the exact plot at this point, which I should have.

But this is a good example of why people should keep their trap shut until they finish the game. There is a good chance that while I am disappointed up to this point by the time it is all said I done I will do a total 180.

Just take time to make smart gambits so that fighting is never a chore for you.

I can't remember if you should have a summon by now or not, but if you did -- you should definately be able to see it on the board.

They are cool, but not nearly as useful as they are in previous games.

sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts

leadernator

Now that would have been HUGE!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50569 Posts

FF13 Will Demolish Star Ocean, it will be equivalent to a Train hitting a cat.EVOLV3

This.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts
[QUOTE="Coyo7e"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Coyo7e"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Coyo7e"]

Koalakommander

Just take time to make smart gambits so that fighting is never a chore for you.

I can't remember if you should have a summon by now or not, but if you did -- you should definately be able to see it on the board.

They are cool, but not nearly as useful as they are in previous games.

FF12 did not deserve all the scores it got for being an ff game. I have been a fan of the series since ff6 and played all of them. The only thing they did right was getting rid of turn based game play. It had a terrible ability system that practically forced you to play as melee casters and punishes you for playing different. I had grind for hours just to get a proper caster and the technique system for your characters non magic ability sucks, the only techniques that were good were charge and the one for attacking from a distance. The gambit system was OK but it felt that you were just there to bring characters to fights and micromanage their tactics. And the story though was smart it completely ignored the main characters. Only 3 people in the group had a reason to be there and their was no character growth which is or was one of the main hi-light of the series. And don't get me started on their all or nothing special attacks for their charters that was based and used up your mp so it you mess up your screwed.

Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#95 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts
No idea. I liked SO3 more than FFXII though. But in sales, FF13>>>>>>>>SO4 of course.
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#96 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
FFXIII. I just like the series more. SO is great but FF is just that much better.
ThugKing6669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ThugKing6669
Member since 2008 • 725 Posts

FF is still the best rpg of all time.Macolele

Chrono Trigger would like to have a word with you. I think both games will do well, Final Fantasy taking the high sales and probably high reviews train, but Star Ocean will be the better game. I'm a fan of both series, and FFXIII might actually be a reason for me to buy a PS3 (not a big MGS fan, although I loved the first one).

Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts
No idea. Haven't played Star Ocean but I loved the FF series up til of the 10nth installment in the series. FF X was pretty average.
leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 leadernator
[QUOTE="leadernator"]

omarguy01

i'm an xbox fan and i've always cared about JRPGs.

does that make your head explode?

good for you :|

you're just not in the same boat as the lemming majority... doesn't change the fact that i'm right :|

leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 leadernator
[QUOTE="leadernator"]

too_much_eslim

IU will be one of the most, if not the most innovative JRPG this gen

well it certainly doesn't look that way judging from the trailer.

"SHUFFLING BOOTS!" "SUPER CRESTED ARROW!"

...not to mention the horrible title. "infinite undiscovery" ... c'mon now.