Star Ocean 4 = 360 and FF13= PS3, Which will be better ?

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blitzkid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 blitzkid1
Member since 2008 • 3952 Posts

The First three shots are realtime gameplay.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
FFXIII by miles.
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts
Star Ocean 2 was one of my favorite RPG's of all time, I liked it alone better than all FF games, but I do like FF games, if SO4 has the same appeal that SO2 did, I will go with SO4.
psn_Jaimzl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 psn_Jaimzl
Member since 2008 • 1241 Posts

FF13 without a doubt

although Star ocean games are fantastic i notice very up and down reviews on them

most FF games with out any rehash titles like X-2 or Cerebus or advent children score no less than an 8.0

although some of the rehash titles like advent children were really good imo

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts
FF13 Will Demolish Star Ocean, it will be equivalent to a Train hitting a cat.
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
having never played any games in either series (except for FF: Chrystal Chronicles which was pretty bad), I might have to hand it to FF13. though I will be checking out SO4, since the 360 is finally getting another good title that isn't a FPS/TPS
blitzkid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blitzkid1

FF13 Will Demolish Star Ocean, it will be equivalent to a Train hitting a cat.EVOLV3

based on what ?

psn_Jaimzl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 psn_Jaimzl
Member since 2008 • 1241 Posts

[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]FF13 Will Demolish Star Ocean, it will be equivalent to a Train hitting a cat.blitzkid1

based on what ?

you could base it on trend but you never know

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts
Based off my Username and avatar, I'll have to go with FFXIII. I'm sorry, I'm biased. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Based off my Username and avatar, I'll have to go with FFXIII. I'm sorry, I'm biased. :PLionheart08

It's okay. Don't apologize. Unbiased opinions aren't allowed here, anyways.:)

Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts

Which one will be a better JRPG, not sure. Will need more information on both games.

Which one will sell better, Easy Final Fantasy XIII, becasue it is a Final Fantasy game.

Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts
Uh... where are the FF XIII images?
blitzkid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blitzkid1

Uh... where are the FF XIII images?Flamestos

i didnt wanna post all cgi .

Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts

[QUOTE="Flamestos"]Uh... where are the FF XIII images?blitzkid1

Didn't SE state that parts of the trailer were in game?

Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Flamestos
Then why even make the thread so soon...?
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Couth_

[QUOTE="Flamestos"]Uh... where are the FF XIII images?blitzkid1

You really think the first 3 are in game? :? That's just not possible on any console...
DireOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DireOwl
Member since 2007 • 3352 Posts
As it stands right now... FFXIII
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Both will be great and only fanboys will say otherwise.
Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Flamestos
FF XIII will sell better and just going by the history of the main titles it'll score better (AAAE) but who knows a miracle could happen... we'll just have to see.
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts
[QUOTE="blitzkid1"]

[QUOTE="Flamestos"]Uh... where are the FF XIII images?Couth_

You really think the first 3 are in game? :? That's just not possible on any console...

There ARE non-cgi video shots of FFXIII. If you can't tell the difference between CGI and in-game, please...

If you don't believe me I can post the shots (it's not like they look unbelievable).

Plus, is this thread a joke?

Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Coyo7e
Member since 2005 • 3672 Posts

[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]FF13 Will Demolish Star Ocean, it will be equivalent to a Train hitting a cat.blitzkid1

based on what ?

Based on fanboyism..........

blitzkid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blitzkid1

FF XIII will sell better and just going by the history of the main titles it'll score better (AAAE) but who knows a miracle could happen... we'll just have to see.Flamestos

agreed.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="blitzkid1"]

[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]FF13 Will Demolish Star Ocean, it will be equivalent to a Train hitting a cat.Coyo7e

based on what ?

Based on fanboyism..........

Or history/facts.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Couth_
[QUOTE="Couth_"][QUOTE="blitzkid1"]

[QUOTE="Flamestos"]Uh... where are the FF XIII images?Koalakommander

There ARE non-cgi video shots of FFXIII. If you can't tell the difference between CGI and in-game, please...

If you don't believe me I can post the shots (it's not like they look unbelievable).

I'm talking about the Star Ocean ones... I don't believe they are in game
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts
IDK, I will play both. Of course cows will say FFXIII, and vice versa.
kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts
Iam going to say both will do good?
Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Coyo7e
[QUOTE="blitzkid1"]

The first three definitely look like game play or in game cut scenes. I can not believe that you honestly think that it can not be done. They look awesome but not unbelievable.

Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Coyo7e
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Couth_"][QUOTE="blitzkid1"]

I'm talking about the Star Ocean ones... I don't believe they are in game

Ya, it is all a lie:roll:

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Couth_
[QUOTE="Couth_"][QUOTE="blitzkid1"]

[QUOTE="Flamestos"]Uh... where are the FF XIII images?Coyo7e

The first three definitely look like game play or in game cut scenes. I can not believe that you honestly think that it can not be done. They look awesome but not unbelievable.

The lighting is unbelievable. I could be wrong, but I don't think they are in game...
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Koalakommander

The sales of all the Star Oceans combined equal to about half of one Final Fantasy game. (not hating just pointing out the obivious).

Which will be better? Who knows, but if I had to bet -- well I think it's too obvious to say.

I've never played Star Ocean, and it's a good thing SO4 is a prequel, cuz then i can finally try it out without being lost storywise.

Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Coyo7e
[QUOTE="Coyo7e"][QUOTE="Couth_"][QUOTE="blitzkid1"]

The lighting is unbelievable. I could be wrong, but I don't think they are in game...

I seriously doubt you are correct. The third one day of her firing her bow definitely looks like game play. The second one looks like a little in game cut scene before a major fight. I have seen really impressive lighting on both consoles and it is only getting better.

Any JRPG fan just throw loyalty to any one console out the window and just be happy so many great looking JRPG's are on the way. For a genre that has not been selling very well with a few notable exceptions, like FF games, this is nothing but good news all around.

FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

FFXIII for me but SO is still a great franchise.

having never played any games in either series (except for FF: Chrystal Chronicles which was pretty bad), I might have to hand it to FF13. though I will be checking out SO4, since the 360 is finally getting another good title that isn't a FPS/TPSbulletsword
I hope you know FF:CC is really its own series so you can't really compare FF:CC with the FF(main series).

Droopeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Droopeh
Member since 2008 • 638 Posts
Comparing a series with a 13 AAA streak to an AA series? Final Fantasy is clearly the better one. SO is still great though, I hope you 360 fans get a good taste of a great JRPG.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

[QUOTE="bulletsword"]having never played any games in either series (except for FF: Chrystal Chronicles which was pretty bad), I might have to hand it to FF13. though I will be checking out SO4, since the 360 is finally getting another good title that isn't a FPS/TPSFF6fan

I hope you know FF:CC is really its own series so you can't really compare FF:CC with the FF(main series).

yeah, i know that. i kind of expected more from it, though. it was from a long time ago, so it doesn't really matter to me anymore.

VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 VanHelsingBoA64

Coyo7e

Well, since it's obvious that posting sources on wether or not your screens are in-game or not isn't required I'll post some "in-game" screens.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Couth_

I seriously doubt you are correct. The third one day of her firing her bow definitely looks like game play. The second one looks like a little in game cut scene before a major fight. I have seen really impressive lighting on both consoles and it is only getting better.

Any JRPG fan just throw loyalty to any one console out the window and just be happy so many great looking JRPG's are on the way. For a genre that has not been selling very well with a few notable exceptions, like FF games, this is nothing but good news all around.

Coyo7e
Are you looking at the auto resized pictures or the entire pics?? Right click and click on view image to see the whole thing. they don't look in game, and there is no HUD(i think thats what its called).
Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Coyo7e

The sales of all the Star Oceans combined equal to about halfof one Final Fantasy game. (not hating just pointing out the obivious).

Which will be better? Who knows, but if I had to bet -- well I think it's too obvious to say.

I've never played Star Ocean, and it's a good thing SO4 is a prequel, cuz then i can finally try it out without being lost storywise.

Koalakommander

Your opinion is full of win considering you have never even play a SO game. Gah, does anyone even try anymore?

The only history/facts you have at your disposal are sales numbers, which do not equal a better game only more sales, and a one sided view of the games themselves.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="Coyo7e"]

VanHelsingBoA64

Well, since it's obvious that posting sources on wether or not your screens are in-game or not isn't required I'll post some "in-game" screens.

I really hope u dont think the first pic is in-game. And I REALLY hope you know the 2nd pic is in-game.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

I like final fantasy games, but their fanboys are the worst. I can't tell who I hate more, them or MGS fans.

Anyway, I don't care which is better as long as they are both good, Theres been a serious drought of quality of JRPGs and feel sorry for the fanboy that has to pick only 1.

FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
[QUOTE="FF6fan"]

[QUOTE="bulletsword"]having never played any games in either series (except for FF: Chrystal Chronicles which was pretty bad), I might have to hand it to FF13. though I will be checking out SO4, since the 360 is finally getting another good title that isn't a FPS/TPSbulletsword

yeah, i know that. i kind of expected more from it, though. it was from a long time ago, so it doesn't really matter to me anymore.

Ok just making sure... Yeah i know what you mean. I found it fun for about 2 hours when i rented it, hoping for more story and was disapointed... It was all the same stuff, go to dungeon/volcano/castle, defeat several enemies and a huge boss, and fill your crystal. Year passes... do it all again.
Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Coyo7e
[QUOTE="Coyo7e"][QUOTE="Couth_"][QUOTE="Coyo7e"][QUOTE="Couth_"][QUOTE="blitzkid1"]

I seriously doubt you are correct. The third one down of her firing her bow definitely looks like game play. The second one looks like a little in game cut scene before a major fight. I have seen really impressive lighting on both consoles and it is only getting better.

Are you looking at the auto resized pictures or the entire pics?? Right click and click on view image to see the whole thing. they don't look in game, and there is no HUD(i think thats what its called).

HUD = heads up display. You are correct. They look like game=play to me. Partially because the pic at the bottom is claimed to be CGI and looks much, much better then the other three.

But just from the camera angles and on screen action depicted they clearly look like game-play to me. Besides, I do not think this is just the TC's opinion we are talking about. has anyone linked the source of these screens?

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

The sales of all the Star Oceans combined equal to about halfof one Final Fantasy game. (not hating just pointing out the obivious).

Coyo7e

Your opinion is full of win considering you have never even play a SO game. Gah, does anyone even try anymore?

The only history/facts you have at your disposal are sales numbers, which do not equal a better game only more sales, and a one sided view of the games themselves.

A better game is based off ur opinion ya? Then this argument can never be settled.

But history shows SO as a high A-AA francise, while everymain installment of FF is a AAA title on gamerankings. Not my opinion, but the clear majority of professional critics.

But if you enjoy SO more than FF, how am I supposed to disagree?

I never said SO wasn't good. I just said if you had to bet money, FF is the obvious choice.

Sales aren't opinion either, and while they don't reflect how good a game is -- they definately reflect a game's popularity and how many people enjoy them.

Macolele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Macolele
Member since 2006 • 534 Posts
FF is still the best rpg of all time.
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 VanHelsingBoA64

I really hope u dont think the first pic is in-game. And I REALLY hope you know the 2nd pic is in-game.

Koalakommander

Of course not. It was just to prove the point that coyote can't just post some (or in this case someone else did) sit back and pretty much say "NOW PROVE ME WRONG!" without looking like an idiot.

Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Coyo7e
[QUOTE="Coyo7e"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

Koalakommander

A better game is based off ur opinion ya? Then this argument can never be settled.

But history shows SO as a high A-AA francise, while everymain installment of FF is a AAA title on gamerankings. Not my opinion, but the clear majority of professional critics.

I never said SO wasn't good. I just said if you had to bet money, FF is the obvious choice.

Sales aren't opinion either, and while they don't reflect how good a game is -- they definately reflect a game's popularity and how many people enjoy them.

I never said one or the other will be better. Only that it's foolish to assume one will be greater then the other long before they are even out.

I do not know about you guys but I have been burned before on the next installment of a series I loved or a sequal not being near as good as I had hoped.

I am suggesting that any JRPG fan should thrilled that the genre is getting so much attention. FF games are great, I love them, but they do not constitute the entire genre nor should anyone assume it will automatically be better.

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
FF is really ina class of its own. SO looks sexy though.
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Coyo7e"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

Coyo7e

I never said one or the other will be better. Only that it's foolish to assume one will be greater then the other long before they are even out.

I do not know about you guys but I have been burned before on the next installment of a series I loved or a sequal not being near as good as I had hoped.

I am suggesting that any JRPG fan should thrilled that the genre is getting so much attention. FF games are great, I love them, but they do not constitute the entire genre nor should anyone assume it will automatically be better,

Then how the hell are you taking anything I said offensive? I never said anything bad about SO, or that FF is sure to be better.

I just said if you had to bet money, you'd be silly not to say FF.

Is that so bad?

rocoswav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rocoswav
Member since 2005 • 804 Posts
im lookin forward to both but dude FF is what started it all, you know "it" as in the whole genre
Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Coyo7e
[QUOTE="Coyo7e"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Coyo7e"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

Koalakommander

I am suggesting that any JRPG fan should thrilled that the genre is getting so much attention. FF games are great, I love them, but they do not constitute the entire genre nor should anyone assume it will automatically be better,

Then how the hell are you taking anything I said offensive? I never said anything bad about SO, or that FF is sure to be better.

I just said if you had to bet money, you'd be silly not to say FF.

Is that so bad?

When you have never played an SO game ya, I think it is lame.

I personally have liked the FF games a lot more then SO. I also find the FF13 picks really awesome. However, I still have not formed an opinion on where FF has been headed as I am still working on finishing FF12. I picked up persona 3 when I was about 15 hours in and got totally side tracked by that game. Which kind of says volumes to me.

I need to finish FF12 and see how much it grows on me but I personally want FF more. But I am not prepared to say it will better. Based off screens alone I can not come to a conclusion.

Both have me pumped though. Despite poor sales for the genre as a whole there is a lot to look forward to over the next few years.