Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:

If you so much as scratch the paint on my fully insured Origin M50 I dun care about surveillance or security I will ram the thing straight into your fuel compartment :D

Since the M50 is meant for racing, better not take out into combat. :)

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@KungfuKitten said:

If you so much as scratch the paint on my fully insured Origin M50 I dun care about surveillance or security I will ram the thing straight into your fuel compartment :D

Since the M50 is meant for racing, better not take out into combat. :)

No I'm gonna main it as my combat ship. It's gonna be my interceptor and courier ship. It is somewhat combat-viable. Nothing amazing, probably. Until I pilot it, of course. If I'm going to play this game a lot, (unlikely,) I might try put together a suicide squad.

Can't let you do that, deadline-zero0fox!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

A reason I'll build a new PC in 2016.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DEadliNE-Zero0

@KungfuKitten: Has you wish. Just don't get hit. ;)

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Can't believe this is running on the Cryengine.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#56 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

Can't believe this is running on the Cryengine.

Why? CryEngine is still a beast.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@Heirren: When you put The Order (no need for a lengthy discussion on that game in here) and Driveclub in the same paragraph as Unreal and Star Citizen it just comes across as trolling. I can entirely see where you're coming from with Unreal Tournament but neither UT or SC are anywhere near finished. Right now I don't think the two are comparable, let's see what they look like when both are finished then we can compare them. Just leave the PS4 titles out of it, if you want taken seriously, they are as good as they are going to get and are no where near the graphics quality that UT and SC will have when they go full alpha let alone on release. A GTX 680 already struggles with SC on max settings and that's just in the hangar, my GTX 780ti get around 50 fps on max. I'll take some hangar shots shortly and post them.

@xhawk27: Technically it would be Cryengine 4 but they (Crytech) made the engine a lot more modifiable and ditched the numbering when they hit 3. Doing so has saved them from re-inventing the wheel, from ground up, every few years and allows it to be updated far more often. On top of that C.I.G. have massively adapted the base engine for their own needs, with a lot of help from Crytech. They actually have some of Crytech's top talent on their own books now.

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Halo2-Best-FPS
Member since 2004 • 784 Posts

The Order looks far beter.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DEadliNE-Zero0

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

Agreed. That game looks like CG and everything

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

stick to your movie

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@GarGx1:

I'm not trolling. Consoles are about to get completely stomped, if you've seen the recent UE stuff. I mention those two console games because there is an aspect of the advancement of visuals that people tend to gloss over. People seem to look at resolution and polygon count, unless there's some fancy effect tagline.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BassMan

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

You must really like looking at blurry things. The order made me feel like I was playing the game with my glasses off. I am sure there were some good graphics, but I couldn't see them properly.

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Halo2-Best-FPS
Member since 2004 • 784 Posts

@BassMan said:

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

You must really like looking at blurry things. The order made me feel like I was playing the game with my glasses off. I am sure there were some good graphics, but I couldn't see them properly.

U sound jelly.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 BassMan

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

@BassMan said:

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

U sound jelly.

Why would I be jelly? I have the game. I just tell it like it is.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By GarGx1

Some screenshots from my hangar

This is the pilots seat from a inside the Freelancer, which is in the process of getting updated. Look at the textures on the various surfaces and this is inside this ship

These were 2560 x 1440 before getting photo bucketed but you still get the idea. There are no bullshots or down samples in the videos just how you see it. Also remember this is pre alpha with a long way to go.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@GarGx1 said:

This is the pilots seat from a inside the Freelancer, which is in the process of getting updated. Look at the textures on the various surfaces and this is inside this ship

These were 2560 x 1440 before getting photo bucketed but you still get the idea. There are no bullshots or down samples in the videos just how you see it. Also remember this is pre alpha with a long way to go.

Those shots look last gen compared to this.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#67  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts

@Heirren: Because one has a slightly more noticeable glow effect? That does not make a generational difference, it simply makes a graphics menu toggle switch difference.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Willy105: this is exactly what I was pointing out not too long ago. It's as if people can't even see the difference. Can you really not see the lighting model in those shots? Glow, are you being serious?

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Official (finally good quality) release of the Pax East Presentation.

7:35 Damage States

10:00 Retaliator Showcase

16:20 Pax Australia FPS showing vs Pax East improvements and animation update

25:00 FPS level walthrough

30:10 Zero G FPS gameplay

Enjoy :)

Loading Video...

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

gameplay king?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#71  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
Loading Video...

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@Heirren said:

@Willy105: this is exactly what I was pointing out not too long ago. It's as if people can't even see the difference. Can you really not see the lighting model in those shots? Glow, are you being serious?

you need to consider exactly the kind of game star citizen is when comparing it to other games. Unreal Tournament looks very impressive,but i doubt it would look as good if it was a open world space sim with steamless planetside gameplay running in the background. I'm more impressed in SC's scale than its visuals honestly

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@lawlessx said:

@Heirren said:

you need to consider exactly the kind of game star citizen is when comparing it to other games. Unreal Tournament looks very impressive,but i doubt it would look as good if it was a open world space sim with steamless planetside gameplay running in the background. I'm more impressed in SC's scale than its visuals honestly

yep. Corridor shooter vs. 400 system space simulator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@wis3boi said:

@lawlessx said:

@Heirren said:

It is in space. That is the closest thing to a corridor shooter as it gets. Polar opposites in gameplay but it is only rendering objects.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DEadliNE-Zero0

@Heirren: Only rendering objects?

You honestly think rendering larger ships and multiple amount of smaller fighters all around you is easy?

Do you understand that moving objects are a far, far greater strain on a machine than a static environment?

Do you think that calculating all those damage states applied to each ship on screen will be simple?

Do you even understand a single capital class ship is bigger than UT4-Outpost? And it moves in space?

They haven't even implemented particle effects for smoke, sparks, etc, hair simulation, better texture quality for character models, full PBR for ships, etc.

lol Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Heirren: Only rendering objects?

You honestly think rendering larger ships and multiple amount of smaller fighters all around you is easy?

Do you understand that moving objects are a far, far greater strain on a machine than a static environment?

Do you think that calculating all those damage states applied to each ship on screen will be simple?

Do you even understand a single capital class ship is bigger than UT4-Outpost? And it moves in space?

They haven't even implemented particle effects for smoke, sparks, etc, hair simulation, better texture quality for character models, full PBR for ships, etc.

lol Heirren

It is still just on screen though, that which is being drawn. Those high poly ships are only high poly when in need as it doesn't make sense to view things of such from a distance.

...The damage stuff looked lousy in a few way. The holes in the ships seemed pretty good but the break away points look predetermined.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DEadliNE-Zero0

@Heirren said:

It is still just on screen though, that which is being drawn. Those high poly ships are only high poly when in need as it doesn't make sense to view things of such from a distance.

...The damage stuff looked lousy in a few way. The holes in the ships seemed pretty good but the break away points look predetermined.

Yes, ofcourse. That's why any game can have high quality assets in large open worlds with huge drawn distances and LOD. Because the only thing your cpu and gpu have to worry about is what is being rendered on screen.

No need to worry about how static the environment is, or about calculating AI, particles objects that might appear from different directions

Nah, it's easy. That's why open world games look just has good has linear tight levels.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh no, there's pre-set calculations in terms of area of effect.

Not like The Order, where it register every shot to every material on screen.

Good thing that if you shot a lamp or window in TO, it always breaks, just has good has voxel based assets.

Star Citizen really is last gen stuff folks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Heirren said:

Yes, ofcourse. That's why any game can have high quality assets in large open worlds with huge drawn distances and LOD. Because the only thing your cpu and gpu have to worry about is what is being rendered on screen.

No need to worry about how static the environment is, or about calculating AI, particles objects that might appear from different directions

Nah, it's easy. That's why open world games look just has good has linear tight levels.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh no, there's pre-set calculations in terms of area of effect.

Not like The Order, where it register every shot to every material on screen.

Good thing that if you shot a lamp or window in TO, it always breaks, just has good has voxel based assets.

Star Citizen really is last gen stuff folks

Correct me if I'm wrong but with an environment in Unreal there is light bounching from surface to surface, if that is the correct way to put it. The next gen lighting models are adding a new level of depth to environments, no? For example, if you are near a door to a daylight source, that light enters the environment. If this light is near, say, a different colored light source in doors, things react accordingly. Going even further, lets say you fire a shot that emits a new light source, everything in the environment again reacts accordingly. This was my understanding of what makes the new Unreal tech so advanced.

I'm not saying Star Citizen is bad but it lacks that stuff.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#79  Edited By Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

Wait people are downplaying Starcitizen's graphical superiority?

lol SW... Why am I not surprised.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 DEadliNE-Zero0

@Heirren: wtf? The Cryengine already supports dynamic lighting and Star citizen already has quite abit of them.

In the FPS demo you could see shadows being casted by the fuzzle flash. (well, if you looked well enough).

The quality of the lighting itself in UT is amazing, however, we haven't see a proper, detailed rich environment, with a large light source (sun) in Star Citizen

The industrial hangar and ARCorp already look amazing, and that's with dimmer lights and a cloudy weather.

Imagine the Planetside Arcorp area but with a more sunny format (like UT).

But let me guess, that doesn't impressive at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Heirren said:

@GarGx1 said:

Those shots look last gen compared to this.

As someone that plays both games... the CURRENT unreal models are awful.... those screenshots look better than what I actually play... the character models in UT a the moment look barely last gen... could be though, due to both games being nowhere near finished.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@MBirdy88: @deadline-zero0:

I'm not saying it looks bad, just that it lacks the depth of UT and a few games I won't mention.

One user claimed that UT was up to those standards. Posted a video and it looked pretty close, if not verbatim.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@Heirren said:

@wis3boi said:

@lawlessx said:

@Heirren said:

It is in space. That is the closest thing to a corridor shooter as it gets. Polar opposites in gameplay but it is only rendering objects.

The game is free till the 15th, you could see how wrong you are for yourself, but my own shots will suffice I guess

Did I mention the ships are multi-million polygon objects? The small plaza that Chris Roberts showcased for the planetary side of things was well over 20million polygons. The amount of minute details in every object in insanity.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#84  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

You'd kinda hope that a corridor shooter can look prettier than a super huge multifaceted spacegame in space.
I like how UT looks. I just never notice it while playing though, it goes by too fast to see.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 GarGx1

@Heirren: Not sure where you're getting the lack of depth from when the UT screenshots (which look great) are either a small snippet of detail in a restricted corridor or a backdrop which no one will ever interact with. Anyway here's a few at a proper resolution, not the photo bucket compressed files from earlier

Or perhaps a less clean environment is what you're looking for, with more scrapes and stuff (still my hangar, just changed the type)

Open in a new tab to see in their 2k glory

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 DEadliNE-Zero0

@GarGx1 said:

@Heirren: Not sure where you're getting the lack of depth from when the UT screenshots (which look great) are either a small snippet of detail in a restricted corridor or a backdrop which no one will ever interact with. Anyway here's a few at a proper resolution, not the photo bucket compressed files from earlier

Funny thing is that this Aeroview Hangar is more open and larger than any level in The Order 1886

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

I feel screenshots of SC don't do the game justice unless its those people doing 4k screenshots atm, because Anti-Aliasing doesn't work properly... and they just look washed out. You have to factor in that everyhting in SC is still subject to improvement, that includes the base hangers.

These unreal engine reveals are designed to show it off from the very start.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By naz99

South By South west video montage, it has some scenes from the planetside and fps module we have not seen before,the landing zones now look so much more alive with people in bars and shopping and just generaly wandering around,plus the motion capture animations look bloody great already,cant wait to check it out.

The full SXSW prersentation video will be released sometime in the next few days.

Loading Video...

I was going to make a new thread but thought i would keep it all in this one as they keep being made but never last for long.

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By rabakill
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

@Heirren: you actually did. A lot of PC gamers are to move narcissistic to take criticism. I am a PC gamer too, but the community is just as bad as the consolites

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By naz99

@rabakill said:

@Heirren: you actually did. A lot of PC gamers are to move narcissistic to take criticism. I am a PC gamer too, but the community is just as bad as the consolites

Some surely are but there is a difference between valid criticism and then made up nonsense to try and discount a platform, the problem is most criticisms are from console gamers who just flat out lie for some random reason or state supposed "facts" which always come with a lack of proof other than their own word or from an uninformed viewpoint or they assume the problems of the PC's from decades ago still hold true.

And when the latter few are happening 90% of the time, it looks like they cant take criticism,when in reality they are just calling out bullshit.

Honestly, how many times do you see "truthful" criticism here on these boards?

I long for somebody to hit me in the face with a well thought out and constructed argument rather than the usual "strategy games don't count just because" "i dont want to upgrade my graphics card every year just to play games" "not everyone wants to spend $2000 to play on a pc" "who wants to sit hunched over a desk staring at a tiny monitor" "i dont want to spend hours messing with settings just to play a game" "PC has no games" "PC has no exclusive games" "PC gamers horde games and never play them" (a contadiction right there with the last 3) - and on and on and on....always the same bullshit :P

Anyway that's just my 2 cents on it :)

But you are right in the fact that all fanboy factions on all platforms are just as bad as each other.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@rabakill:

I don't recall what you are referring to.